Type keyword(s) to search

Barbara Evans

• Start Topic

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Barbara. I mean, she (and Jenelle) have a problem letting whatever enters their minds come out of their mouths without any concern for consequences. She says and does the dumbest things, she really shouldn't be around kids let alone raising them.... But she tries. She loves Jenelle and Jace and would so anything for them. She didn't have to take Jace- she coulda let him go into foster care. She's let Jenelle move back in her house and she's helped Jenelle a lot. What ever Jenelle needs, Barbara helps. She lets Jenelle know how she feels about it- but she helps. A lot of people (including Kailyn) don't have help like that. But all Jenelle cares about is herself and her boyfriend. She treats Barbara like shit. Now Jenelle wants Jace to live with her- Barbara needs to fight for him. She's the lesser of the 2 evils. If Nathan broke up with Jenelle and Jenelle thought it would help, she'd give up both those kids to keep him.

• Love 8

I think Barb is a good person with horrible coping skills. She really needs to be in therapy, not only for Jace, but for herself. I don't mean to sound snotty, but I don't get the vibe that Barb is particularly well educated; she doesn't seem to be able to put two and two together to realize what she's doing in life isn't working. 

I also want to say that as a Boston girl, I was really pissed when Nathan was making fun of her accent, lol. 

• Love 6

If it wasn't for Barb, I really think Jace might be dead.

Jenelle would sleep right through his cries when he was a baby and couldn't drag herself out of bed after partying to watch him while Barb worked. She might have let him get undernourished or starve to death. She might have sold him for drugs at one point or left him unsupervised in some empty drug house where he would have gotten hurt.

He might have accidentally gotten seriously hurt in a scuffle between Jenelle & any of her abusive boyfriends. He might have been severely neglected while Jenelle got her heroin nod on.

I see a lot of problems with Barb, but I believe she saved Jace's life by stepping up. (Although I still wish he would have been adopted out to a nice family who would have been able to give him a better quality of life)

• Love 11

I like Barb, too. And, I agree that if she hadn't stepped in and secured legal custody of Jace, he'd either be dead or in the foster care system. Maybe not even knowing who his Grandma is. She tried to get Jenelle to give him up for adoption and the little bitch wouldn't do it, so Barb did what she had to to keep him safe.  Yeah, she has no coping skills and yelling is how she communicates. She can learn how to change that. One the flip side, Jenelle seems to have no feelings about anything (unless it's anger at someone pointing out that she fucked up again). Barb is capable of loving someone and Jace knows he loves her. I honestly don't believe Jenelle is capable of loving anything. She only wants people to profess their undying loyalty to her and tell her how 'good' she's doing.

• Love 7

I also like Barb. I just think she's overwhelmed and frustrated with what her life should be at her age. She shouldn't have to raise Jace but she did because of Jenelle's lazy ass. She needs therapy like other posters have said. I really hope she gets help one day so that Jace can grow up in a home where screaming isn't the only form of communication.

Her home always looks clean and so does Jace when he's with her. I think she loves all of her kids and grandkids. Barb needs a vacation.

• Love 5

You are definitely not in the minority. I like Barb. I don't like what I see, particularly this past season. I had an idea that she was pretty screwed up, and watching Jenelle, I kind of figured with Barb as a mother, it wasn't hard to figure out where Jenelle gets a lot of her attitude and bad behavior from. Barb is an older version of Jenelle in so many ways, except Barb is not a drug user, she works her ass off and she owns her own home. Barb has so many pluses on her side. But, she also has an anger problem, she seems overwhelmed, and she is a lady who should be enjoying this time in her life, not constantly worrying about Jenelle and company.

• Love 4

New here! I haven't watched teen mom in a while, but I feel so bad for Barbara and Jace. Jace doesn't deserve this. He's innocent and I hate when children have to pay for their parents mistakes. If Jenelle didn't want him then she should've gotten an abortion or gave him up for adoption. Not give Jace to Barbara and come in and out of his life like he's a pair of shoes. Barbara doesn't deserve this neither. I agree that she does love Jace and Jenelle but if I were her I would cut Jenelle out of Jace's life and seek therapy.

• Love 3

I like Barbara and I feel really bad for her, but she is a terrible mother. She's just not well suited to taking care of kids. She always strikes me as more responsible than Janelle, but honestly not much more maternal. Plus she has an odd mean streak in her. Its come out with Jace too so it's not just Jenelle pushing he buttons. Yelling, mocking, and threats of abandonment are go-tos with her. She's doing her best and is Jace's best shot, but jeez. That house looks so unhappy and tense.

I wonder what she was like when she was younger. Something about her has always made me wonder if she's in AA or NA. No clear idea why, just a hunch. I wonder if she was partying when Janelle was young.

• Love 1

Wow. I really agree with everyone's posts! I also think Barbara is a decent, well-intentioned lady with horrible coping skills.  I believe that she does love Jenelle.  When Jenelle is sober and on meds she and Barbara seem to get along well.  I really wish they would give Dr. Phil a shot at hosting the reunions.  He'll tell the girls what they need to hear.  Things like, "What the hell were you thinking?" and "Oh, yeah? How's that working for you?"  In a perfect world he'd offer Barbara and Jace free therapy, and an awesome vacation. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 3

Someone needs to take Barbara out, and I don't mean to get her nails done. That is all Jenelle could muster for her mom? After all she has done? Remember when Jenelle bought her mom those Uggs? Jenelle buys her mom Uggs and takes her out for a manicure, but takes that ogre on a vacation and gets him a Hummer. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2
I felt bad when Mike left her for the Hooters waitress. :(

Me too.  I wanna know who the hell the waitress is.  What the hell?  Was Mike signing away all of his paychecks to her?  I mean, what was the appeal?

• Love 2

I like Barbara.  I don't think life has been very kind to her and that she does the best she can.  It still makes me mad that she was paying for Jace to go to daycare on her Wal Mart wages because Jenelle  couldn't be trusted to take care of her own son.   I don't think the TM2 money had started rolling in at that point, or at least not to the extent it is now,  and it had to be a real struggle for her.

I strongly suspect that most of the yelling and chaos we see with Barb is due to Janelle being present.  I like to think that things are much more peaceful for Barb and Jace when Jenelle isn't around.

• Love 6

I like Barb, too. And, I agree that if she hadn't stepped in and secured legal custody of Jace, he'd either be dead or in the foster care system. Maybe not even knowing who his Grandma is. She tried to get Jenelle to give him up for adoption and the little bitch wouldn't do it, so Barb did what she had to to keep him safe.  Yeah, she has no coping skills and yelling is how she communicates. She can learn how to change that. One the flip side, Jenelle seems to have no feelings about anything (unless it's anger at someone pointing out that she fucked up again). Barb is capable of loving someone and Jace knows he loves her. I honestly don't believe Jenelle is capable of loving anything. She only wants people to profess their undying loyalty to her and tell her how 'good' she's doing.

I like Barbara, too.  Oddly enough, I believe Barbara is closer to Jenelle than she is to her other children. I am sure Barbara does not enjoy the tumultuous relationship she and Jenelle sometimes have, but the two of them are quite accustomed to this sort of dysfunctional communication.  I've known people like this - my ex and his mother, for example -  who could never seem to break free from a generational pattern of verbal abuse.  

Nevertheless, I suspect Jenelle is Barbara's favorite kid, and Jenelle is and will always be a "mama's girl" despite her wails and protests suggesting otherwise.  I also believe that the two of them will grow very close as time goes on, particularly after Nathan gets the boot - which will almost certainly occur, sooner rather than later. 

Speaking of Nathan, he turns my stomach.  I doubt he'd even speak to Jenelle if she didn't have her Teen Mom paycheck coming in regularly. He seems like a real opportunist who doesn't want to go out to work. Barbara had it right when she called him on his work ethic and his ulterior motives regarding Jenelle. His sociopathic behavior and alcoholism coupled with the nasty verbal tirades will have Jenelle wishing she never met him and longing for the days when it was just she and her mother trading their predictable insults.

That is why I wouldn't be shocked if  Barbara and Jenelle end up in the same household once again, this time as co-parents to Jenelle's kids.  Of course, Jenelle would need to extricate herself from Nathan first - a daunting task, for sure. Unless Nathan can find someone else who is amenable to supporting him finanancially and bailing him out of jail time after time, he will not go gently into the night.  I can imagine Nathan making it his life's mission to exact revenge on both Jenelle and Barb, while using his child as the pawn.

Before I forget - after getting sidetracked a bit at the thought of that slimey Nathan -  I thought the most interesting part of the Barbara-Jenelle story had to be the big "reveal" that came at the very end of the final episode of an earlier season of Teen Mom 2.  I wonder, does anyone remember the scene in which Barbara, while sitting on the beach, makes a stunning admission?  She said, in all seriousness, that when she was young she was exactly like JenelleExactly.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 4

I wonder what happened to Jenelles father? Barbara said she was a single parent to three kids when she was fighting with Nathan. I wish MTV would stop trying to get ratings and pay for therapy for all of them. Especially Jace he really needs it.

Jenelle has major daddy and abandonment issues. When she and Nathan split, I think she'll find another loser to support within weeks, just as she has always done.

Yup. Over and Over.

I was never clear why she kept Jace in the first place. Of all the TM girls I always wondered why she didn't terminate the pregnancy. She had zero interest in the baby in anyway, didn't seem to have a moral issue with abortion, and Barbara may have her faults, but I do think she is the kind of mom you could go to in that situation who would actually help you get to a clinic far away if need be. So why go through with it? I was honestly more puzzled by this with Janelle than anyone else. Watching her with Nathan, I think it was to keep her boyfriend at the time around. Janelle has a fear of being alone that borders on pathological.

Or it could be that she didn't confirm she was knocked up until it was too late. She was so far along during her 16&P episode. I could see her being in denial about the whole thing until she was showing so much it was impossible to ignore.

Or a combo of the two.

• Love 2

I've always believed Jenelle kept Jace just to spite her mother, because she knew Barbara wanted her to have an abortion or, if it's too late for that, put the baby up for adoption. She chose to keep Jace only because Barbara believed she shouldn't. From what I recall from her 16&P story, Jenelle kept her pregnancy secret from Barbara until she was too far along to abort. I don't know/recall if she was ever in denial about her pregnancy, if she was hiding it from "herself" also, but I do think Barbara did express her opinion that Jenelle shouldn't have had that baby. She knew what was going to happen. She knew what Jenelle was going to do: Diddly squat.

• Love 5

Maybe Jenelle thought having baby will help her. Some girls have babies because they want someone to love them back or fill in emptiness. Unfortunately what they don't understand if you abandon your kid he/she will have resentment towards you.

Yep. It will bye-bye Kaiser Roll and hello, new man

Does she even get to really know the guy before moving in with him? There are so many sickos out here. And she always have a new man around her son. He could be a pedophile or an abuser. I wish Barbara would only allow Jenelle supervised visits.

• Love 2

I like Barbara.  I don't think life has been very kind to her and that she does the best she can.  It still makes me mad that she was paying for Jace to go to daycare on her Wal Mart wages because Jenelle  couldn't be trusted to take care of her own son.   I don't think the TM2 money had started rolling in at that point, or at least not to the extent it is now,  and it had to be a real struggle for her.

I strongly suspect that most of the yelling and chaos we see with Barb is due to Janelle being present.  I like to think that things are much more peaceful for Barb and Jace when Jenelle isn't around.

I suspect that, too. Also, some families are just yellers and Jace is a typical boy challenging limits, plus he's got issues. But he knows Barb loves him to bits and he loves her. I don't think Jenelle will ever get custody because the older he gets, the less likely he's going to want to live with her. Every time Jenelle enters his home  the yelling begins. She is just a train wreck. And when Nathan leaves her when the MTV gravy train dries up, he's probably going to take off with that Kaiser Roll, too, since he's the primary care giver. Have we seen her just holding the baby and being affectionate with him?

That girl has a dead heart.

• Love 4
I like Barbara.  I don't think life has been very kind to her and that she does the best she can.

You could say the same thing about Kail, or even Jenelle.  I don't think life has been particularly kind to either of them, and they're doing the best they can.  Yet they don't get a pass.

I strongly suspect that most of the yelling and chaos we see with Barb is due to Janelle being present. 

Could be.  Yet Barbara continues to allow this to happen, to Jace's detriment. 

• Love 1

You could say the same thing about Kail, or even Jenelle. I don't think life has been particularly kind to either of them, and they're doing the best they can. Yet they don't get a pass.

Could be. Yet Barbara continues to allow this to happen, to Jace's detriment.

Agreed. I like Babs and I do feel for her, but I think much like her daughter, life has been unkind due to many of her own bad decisions. I wouldn't be that surprised if in 18 years Janelle is relatively sober, working at Walmart, and raising a bunch of kids that Jace and Kiser keep dropping off. I really think Barbara's youth was much like Janelle's.

• Love 3

Agreed. I like Babs and I do feel for her, but I think much like her daughter, life has been unkind due to many of her own bad decisions. I wouldn't be that surprised if in 18 years Janelle is relatively sober, working at Walmart, and raising a bunch of kids that Jace and Kiser keep dropping off. I really think Barbara's youth was much like Janelle's.

Too bad we can't find out much about Barbaras life. She seems like a good person, she does love Jace and Jenelle. I hope nothing happens to her while Jace is still dependent on her.

• Love 4

Too bad we can't find out much about Barbaras life. She seems like a good person, she does love Jace and Jenelle. I hope nothing happens to her while Jace is still dependent on her.

My heart goes out to Jace most of all. The other TM2 kids have backup, you know? Joe is there for Issac and if need be I think his parents would work past their divorce to give him a good home. The twins have Corey and Miranda and his family. And to an extent Leah's family who seem trashy as hell, but not really dangerous. Aubree has Chelsea and her family. They all have at least one functioning parent and grandparent backup. Jace had Babs who, bless her heart, seems tired and overwhelmed and that's it. There's nobody else even reasonable to help out. I want to be wrong about Jace, but talk about a kid who was born with 2 strikes against him. Here's hoping that poor kid can steal home.

• Love 4

That's why I'm so mad about Barb--she took over knowing she was 100% of the life raft, so I think "doing the best she can," while laudable, doesn't cut it.  We need results, and I hope it's just the editing that has made it look like Jace is witnessing screaming and violence and instability.

You look at Catelynn and Tyler from TM1--pretty much everybody agrees that adoption was the right thing, and Carly arguably had fewer strikes against her than Jace.  Both parents were at least at that time still in the game.  No family support on one side--or, well, it's hard to tell sides since Butch is Tyler's dad and Catelynn's step-dad.  That right there would be a strike even if were someone other than Butch.  But it's Butch so three strikes.  And Tyler has a mother we didn't see much of but she doesn't seem outwardly incapable of helping out, but she procreated with Butch and I just have to hold that against her. But at least she was in existence.

I think Barb took Jace because she hoped Jenelle would straighten out.  That's nice, but if she doesn't (and sure enough, she didn't), then what?  I think Barb took Jace without engaging in any more of a reality check than any of these teen moms do.  It's somewhat forgivable for the teens, with their underdeveloped frontal lobes and all, but Barb was a grown woman with a sketchy track record on the child-rearing front. 

She should have thought for ten seconds about Jenelle's offspring.  Why is Jenelle the way she is?  Nature or nurture?  If it's nature, Jenelle's offspring might very well have the same problems, problems Barb wasn't capable of addressing.  If it's nurture, then it's all on Barb.  Either way, all fingers point to Barbara NOT being the one who should be raising Jace.  This may sound harsh, but I think she was being selfish when she took him on the hope that Jenelle would change, with as fallback Jace being raised by the same person who raised Jenelle.  Only in her 50s this time, not her 30s.

Barb 62. I think 57 when Jace was born. The problem with the ideal scenario of anyone but Barb and Janelle raising Jace is Janelle. If Barb did not become Jace's guardian, he remains under Janelle's care. There's is no safety net, children of addicts die. So, Janelle parenting Jace independently of Barb would have the following outcomes:

1. Janelle matures and cares for Jace's needs

2. Janelle continues to use drugs, neglecting Jace

a. The neglect is noticed by the state and he's put into foster care. The state later places Jace with Barb, preferring to keep children with a relative.

b. The neglect is not noticed and Jace continues to be neglected. This includes improper nutrition, medical care, emotional nurturing, hygiene, exposure to dangerous drugs, exposure to dangerous people.

There is no way that Jace could have gone to a stable family without Janelle's blessing. Janelle didn't get 'sober' until her recent pregnancy. Jace would have been in harms way for 4 years. His entire infancy and toddler phase.  There was never an optimal outlook for Jace's life, he was born without the same chances for health and happiness simply because Janelle is his mother.

I tend to think Barb is doing a terrible job with Jace. Awful really. I also that she is the best option given the limitations Janelle creates.

• Love 6

wrestlesflamingos, great points and I love how you put sober in quotation marks, because Jenelle's sobriety is still very much questionable. The tough thing about Barb being 62 is she's an "old" 62, if that makes any sense. She's tired and worn out, she's not one of those high energy, well preserved kind of older folks. 

I'm not sure what kind of experience with addiction Barb has, but few addicts really change. My uncle has kept hope alive for ten years that my heroin-addicted cousin will change. He enables, gives her chance after chance and she fucks him over at every turn. She's now pregnant with baby #5 and is on the run with her baby daddy because they have warrants out for check forgery. She decided to help herself to nearly ten thousand dollars of her father's money.  

If Barb ends up having to take custody of Kaiser Roll, I don't think the woman will live another five years. Sad to say, but I just don't see her being able to handle the stress.

• Love 2

That's why I'm so mad about Barb--she took over knowing she was 100% of the life raft, so I think "doing the best she can," while laudable, doesn't cut it. We need results, and I hope it's just the editing that has made it look like Jace is witnessing screaming and violence and instability.

You look at Catelynn and Tyler from TM1--pretty much everybody agrees that adoption was the right thing, and Carly arguably had fewer strikes against her than Jace. Both parents were at least at that time still in the game. No family support on one side--or, well, it's hard to tell sides since Butch is Tyler's dad and Catelynn's step-dad. That right there would be a strike even if were someone other than Butch. But it's Butch so three strikes. And Tyler has a mother we didn't see much of but she doesn't seem outwardly incapable of helping out, but she procreated with Butch and I just have to hold that against her. But at least she was in existence.

I think Barb took Jace because she hoped Jenelle would straighten out. That's nice, but if she doesn't (and sure enough, she didn't), then what? I think Barb took Jace without engaging in any more of a reality check than any of these teen moms do. It's somewhat forgivable for the teens, with their underdeveloped frontal lobes and all, but Barb was a grown woman with a sketchy track record on the child-rearing front.

She should have thought for ten seconds about Jenelle's offspring. Why is Jenelle the way she is? Nature or nurture? If it's nature, Jenelle's offspring might very well have the same problems, problems Barb wasn't capable of addressing. If it's nurture, then it's all on Barb. Either way, all fingers point to Barbara NOT being the one who should be raising Jace. This may sound harsh, but I think she was being selfish when she took him on the hope that Jenelle would change, with as fallback Jace being raised by the same person who raised Jenelle. Only in her 50s this time, not her 30s.

I don't disagree but maybe Barbara took Jace to keep him safe as well. Jenelle was never a mother to her kid. Now imagine Jenelle doing herion with Jace in the house and it was filmed. Poor Jace would be put in foster care until Jenelle got her act together, a family member takes him in or Jenelles rights are terminated. I do know grandparents who raise their grandchildren. Stuff happens but I can't imagine a 62 yo woman dealing with her drug addicted daughter and being a full time mom to her grandson. I wonder if the state does Kinship care. Maybe Barbara can get some support.

wrestlesflamingos, great points and I love how you put sober in quotation marks, because Jenelle's sobriety is still very much questionable. The tough thing about Barb being 62 is she's an "old" 62, if that makes any sense. She's tired and worn out, she's not one of those high energy, well preserved kind of older folks.

I'm not sure what kind of experience with addiction Barb has, but few addicts really change. My uncle has kept hope alive for ten years that my heroin-addicted cousin will change. He enables, gives her chance after chance and she fucks him over at every turn. She's now pregnant with baby #5 and is on the run with her baby daddy because they have warrants out for check forgery. She decided to help herself to nearly ten thousand dollars of her father's money.

If Barb ends up having to take custody of Kaiser Roll, I don't think the woman will live another five years. Sad to say, but I just don't see her being able to handle the stress.

I do think addicts can change. But it's hard work. Sometimes it can take years. Even an intervention or some tough love. Sorry about your cousin that really sucks. Again why bring a baby into that situation. I hope Barbara meant it when she said Jenelle is an adult and if she wants a another baby then she(Jenelle) has to take care of it. Barbara reminds me of Katherine Jackson raising her three grandkids at 80.

1. Janelle matures and cares for Jace's needs

I think it was pretty obvious to everybody, except Barbara, that this was at the very least highly unlikely. 

2. Janelle continues to use drugs, neglecting Jace

a. The neglect is noticed by the state and he's put into foster care. The state later places Jace with Barb, preferring to keep children with a relative.

b. The neglect is not noticed and Jace continues to be neglected. This includes improper nutrition, medical care, emotional nurturing, hygiene, exposure to dangerous drugs, exposure to dangerous people.

I said a long time ago that it was a very tall order, but I think there's a middle ground, where Barbara could have gotten involved in making the authorities aware of what was going on, while emphasizing that she will NOT take Jace regardless of anyone's preferences.  Let Jenelle "care" for the baby but keep a very close watch on the situation.  A baby doesn't automatically die because someone's doing heroin around him, but it will definitely be a cause for action.

Maybe Barb would have gotten lucky, for one time in her life, and found someone in authority who wanted to help.  But she has no spine and took the path of least resistance, and even if she was doing it only because she thought it was the only choice for keeping him safe, her actions meant Jenelle was never forced to deal with Jace enough to make her realize she didn't want to have that responsibility.  I suspect she would have given him up if the only two choices were between that and actually taking care of him.  Actually, she did give him up, to Barbara, and she was willing to do that when she didn't have any responsibility for him at all and he barely affected her life.

Foster care sucks, and terrible things have happened in that system.  And it would break everyone's heart, I'm sure.  But of the six signs of neglect mentioned, Jace has been subjected to three of them:  lack of emotional nurturing, exposure to dangerous drugs, and exposure to dangerous people, and they took place in Jace's home, not in a crack house.  Never mind what he's going to see when he's old enough to watch episodes of the show.

It just pains me to see Jace suffering for all these bad decisions.  I have no clue why Barbara ever allowed Jenelle to come around at all, why she constantly kicked her out of the house and then let her back in, and why she now gets into fights with Nipples while Jenelle sits on the couch like a zombie.  Someone who really only wanted to keep Jace safe wouldn't do that.

I think he's doomed.  I so wish Barbara would get serious therapy, and do something to develop some parenting skills.  But I'm pretty sure she'd say she's doing fine, it's just stressful because Jace acts up and may be bipolar.

• Love 2

I don't disagree but maybe Barbara took Jace to keep him safe as well. Jenelle was never a mother to her kid. Now imagine Jenelle doing herion with Jace in the house and it was filmed. Poor Jace would be put in foster care until Jenelle got her act together, a family member takes him in or Jenelles rights are terminated. I do know grandparents who raise their grandchildren. Stuff happens but I can't imagine a 62 yo woman dealing with her drug addicted daughter and being a full time mom to her grandson. I wonder if the state does Kinship care. Maybe Barbara can get some support.

I do think addicts can change. But it's hard work. Sometimes it can take years. Even an intervention or some tough love. Sorry about your cousin that really sucks. Again why bring a baby into that situation. I hope Barbara meant it when she said Jenelle is an adult and if she wants a another baby then she(Jenelle) has to take care of it. Barbara reminds me of Katherine Jackson raising her three grandkids at 80.

I do not for one minute think Barbara would take in another of Jenelle's kids.  It may be premature to project such a fate for little Kaiser, but if Jenelle (and her "man") prove incapable of caring for him necessitating state intervention, then let's hope it occurs while he's still a very young child.  Ideally, Jenelle would sign over her parental rights, freeing the kid up for adoption.  But lest we forget, her douchebag boyfriend will no doubt need to assert his paternal authority which would further imperil his child's best interests.  I really believe Nathan would rather see his kid placed in a questionable or substandard foster home (or a series of foster-care placements) than relinquish "ownership" and control of the child.   Just a bad situation all the way around unless divine intervention somehow makes it all better!

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 1

If Jenelle didn't put Jace up for adoption, there's no way in the world she'd do it for Kaiser.  She's much more stable now than she was then.  That's not saying much, I know, but she's infinitely more motherly now than she was back then. 

I thought Nathan's parents had custody of Nathan's other kid.  I'm pretty sure it's not the kid's mother.  Maybe her parents? 

• Love 1

I would much rather watch Barb do the dishes and fold laundry while she gives her take on things than watch Jenelle piss and moan about, well, everything. Are you listening MTV? We want to see more  Babs!!

• Love 6

I would much rather watch Barb do the dishes and fold laundry while she gives her take on things than watch Jenelle piss and moan about, well, everything. Are you listening MTV? We want to see more Babs!!

Agreed. I really hope Barb is getting a nice fat bonus check for her wrb series, she and Jace deserve it. At least she has a personality, unlike her daughter Flatty McFlaterson.

• Love 6

Agreed. I really hope Barb is getting a nice fat bonus check for her wrb series, she and Jace deserve it. At least she has a personality, unlike her daughter Flatty McFlaterson.

From your keyboard to whoever writes the checks at MTV! It would be wonderful for her to be able to retire a little early and enjoy herself. I'd totally watch a 'Barb & Friends Take A Vacation' episode.

• Love 10

Oh, wow! Just watched the web series.  I really enjoyed it.  It seems I have a lot in common with Barbara! LOL! Yeah, I'd enjoy having a beer or a glass of wine with Babs!

• Love 3

I didn't know we had a Barb topic. Yay! Well Jenelle! I'll just move by Barb comment over hee-yah.

I would much rather Barb's footage be increased and Jenelle's role on the show be reduced to "friend of teen mom" or whatever the equivalent of Friend of Housewife is. Or just dump her completely. I find Barb's life much more interesting than watching some screeching, drug addicted criminal who sits around all day on the phone. I'm sure Barb sees more interesting shit in one day at Walmart, than Jenelle does all year. Plus I would LOVE to hear Barb reading her little vignette segment thing with the cartoon squiggly font. "So I'm dropping Jace awf at Juh-Nell's and he was thay-uh, you know...Naaay-thaan." Then show Barb going to Florida with all her girlfriends for a Steely Dan concert or something. I know, so not MTV's target audience, but it would at least put more money in Barb's pocket and I'm sure she'd make sure to put some away for Jace's future.

• Love 2

I would much rather see Barb and her lady friends enjoy some good classic rock then see the youngins with their Keshas and Sam whosits and whatsits. My thirty year old self would rock out right along with them and shake our fists at Jenelle and tell her to get off our lawn.