Type keyword(s) to search

Food Network and Cooking Channel: One is about food

• Start Topic

On 2/10/2023 at 6:18 PM, chessiegal said:

I don't recall Giada having a show on FN for years other than the show she did with Bobby tooling around Italy that was only on Discover+.

She bounced around being a judge or host for all the various competitions they do.  

• Like 2

She had that "Giada's Holiday Handbook" which I guess concluded last year with her move away from FN. I ended up seeing it last year for the first time due to the place I'm in having an extremely limited channel lineup.

On 10/12/2022 at 12:21 AM, Maverick said:

I'm not wild about the female host.  And I like Jet, but why is he hosting a baking show?  

I like Jet, too.  Maybe this was the next show they had up, and they decided to test him as host, like Antonia's had a few hosting opportunities.

I watched Ready Jet Cook for the first time today (& just got his cookbook--used- in the mail). Love the recipes! I also watched another show, OutChef'd. Some home cook had to compete against GZ. They recruited 4 judges from people out on the sidewalk. Big surprise...she didn't get any votes 🙄.  Why does FN do this--pitting a home cook against a culinary-schooled chef?  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I watched Ready Jet Cook for the first time today (& just got his cookbook--used- in the mail). Love the recipes! I also watched another show, OutChef'd. Some home cook had to compete against GZ. They recruited 4 judges from people out on the sidewalk. Big surprise...she didn't get any votes 🙄.  Why does FN do this--pitting a home cook against a culinary-schooled chef?  

The home cook wins about half the time. They had a better chance in the first season when there were 6 judges. But I guess FN thought it was getting too easy, so they lowered the number of judges.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

IMO Hot Dish With Franco is meh.  Granted, he is very easy on the eyes.  The music was distracting.  Will have to give it a few more viewings.  Are these dishes we are interested in making at home?