Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: The Magical Place

• Start Topic

I was expecting the "important information" about his mysterious death to be more important and interesting.

Also I like how the Skye-lock bracelet takes voice command. Between this show and Almost Human, I get the impression that technology is just going to get more and more obnoxious. 

• Love 1

What was the revelation?

From what I can tell the big revelation was that Coulson was dead for a couple of days and they resurrected him by recruiting top doctors to operate on him. No special secrets, no magic, nothing exciting - just doctors doing their jobs.

Or maybe the big revelation was that he had wanted to die out of the pain and so they somehow erased his memory and gave him a memory of being on a vacation?

Not really sure. Disappointing either way.

• Love 1

The revelation was that he was dead for awhile?!?! Seriously? Not a clone/ghost/zombie sort of thing?

I look forward to the oral history of What Went [Epically] Wrong with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [starting, of course, with the title and its damned punctuation].

I was also annoyed with the whole thing. I don't understand why he couldn't know about it. I get that "he lost his will to live" but in the end they saved him anyway so I don't see how changing his memories makes a difference. If he was only begging to die because he was in pain (not because he "thinks he was in heaven" or anything) ultimately once they fixed him you'd think regardless of prior pain he'd be happy to not be dead! Why did it have to be a secret? Why did his girlfriend have to be told he was dead? If he was *only* dead for 48 hours following the attacks on NY couldn't he have just gone home after and said "gosh hun, sorry I wasn't able to call for a while, aliens attacked New York, I'm sure you heard about it." Why is it so important for him to BE alive? We didn't get any answers other than "Because Nick Fury said Use Science!" which I prefer to the BSG "Because God!" answers, but if the answer is "we have really good doctors" then I don't get why it had to be kept secret. Didn't we all assume that S.H.I.E.L.D. had really good doctors?

I don't know if I can get over my disappointment that he's not a robot. I had all sorts of wacky robot things they could do! He gets wet/shocked and goes on a killing rampage, he has to learn how to love, he tells someone to kiss his shiny metal ass, any plot from Small Wonder. 

• Love 3

I thought the episode started nice with Mr. Vanchat meeting to try and sell a rare metal. The Shield team breaking it up. Fitzs toy drones and Skye working the elevator controls to catch him, was a nice team effort.

Agent Victoria Hand now in charge was a harda** and by the book. The team had to work around her. Ward did it with action, and May did it quietly. When they broke Centipede Hand was worried of all the teams after all the locations. She didn't think Coulson was worth all that effort. She also didn't like the bus.

Edison Po worked real hard to break Coulson but his tactics didn't work. And the Clairvoyant was getting a bad read. Was very surprised that Raina and the Clairvoyant did in Po. Thought he was valuable?? But her suave way of helping him give up the thoughts worked better. He was after answers after he freed up his mind.

Agent Coulson's mind saw the Operating room and was yelling to let him die. Dr. Strieten was not happy with it. We see more then Coulson actually saw. He didn't see his brain being worked on by the machine. Why did Director Fury "Move Heaven and Earth" to save him? Then after the escape, Coulson talks to Dr. Streiten in a open vehicle. The Clairvoyant would have no trouble getting info. there. Streiten wasn't happy with it. What will become of this information, and what Coulson learned. Will he visit or call Fury? I bet we will see Raina again.

I thought Wards interrogation technique was interesting. But what if Vanchat was sucked out the hole?

Nice old Chevy Suburban the soldier tore the door off to fight Ward with. Before Ward gave him his UN-energy pill.

Skye off the grid was kinda funny. She got into Lloyd Rathman's stuff kinda easily. I was confused at first. Skye crashing his Caddy and Onstar helping tow it was funny. Then it was funny her playing Agent may. She flipped that Security Guard pretty easy. Wards training paying off? Then she borrowed his Lambo. Skye finding Coulson was nice. Surprised they let her move around alone. She was lucky the team was coming when that soldier was chasing her and ran into the SUV.

Nice to see Mike Paterson alive, but to bad he lost a leg and how was he taken away by Centipede?

I do believe there will be more to the Coulson story. He may have to talk to Fury himself to unravel it.

I wonder if Centipede was trying to get the formula from both Coulson and Peterson and use it on their own Soldiers. True the Clairvoyant maybe ill, but they can now use Edison Po as a Guinea pig to test it.

I am wondering if the reason they let Skye fly solo this time is to test her to see if she will go back to her old ways and contact Rising Tide. They probably had her tracked. Maybe unbeknownst to her Shield team. I have to believe they had others tracking the money trail of Centipede. Again it just may not be shown to the audience until a later date.