Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Box To The Future; S02.E13: For Whom the Spell Tolls

Box To The Future;

Joanna tries to travel back to the present, but a dangerous admirer tracks her down in the past. Meanwhile, Killian makes a rash decision after hearing about Freya; Frederick becomes suspicious of Ingrid's intentions; and King Nikolaus propositions Dash.

For Whom the Spell Tolls;

Season 2 ends with Joanna trying to escape from Tarkoff, while Freya and Wendy race to find a way back to the present. As for Ingrid, she learns some shocking news about herself from King Nikolaus; and Dash's dark past closes in on him.

That plot summary would be completely rote apart from the last line.  Unfortunately, that's also a variation on "Someone will die!", and after the uber-swerve they pulled with that two weeks back...I'm not sure the show's got another one of those in it.

Promo (which once again gives away just a smidgen too much)!

I don't even know where to start with these last two episodes.  I just don't.  They just went balls to the wall crazypants, and it worked, but a downright astonishing amount of stuff was left dangling--and that's not even including the semi-acknowledgment of the deleted scene from The Fall of the House of Beauchamp.  If Lifetime doesn't renew this show, I think I'm going to have a Farscape flashback.

Well, at least they explained why Wendy didn't recognize Killian.

But yeah, that was a hell of a cliffhanger. Frederick is dead, Wendy is dead, Ingrid is pregnant and Dash switched bodies with Killian. That last one is going to be difficult for Dash to pull off since he's seemingly incapable of keeping it in his pants. Plus, he'll no doubt be unable to resist butting into Ingrid's business once he learns she's knocked up.

I noticed they didn't show the Underworld Sister. Haven't cast her yet, I assume. Probably wanted to wait and see if they got renewed before they bothered.

Please, not a Mandragoria baby. (Is that how you spell it?)

Joanna gets to keep her daughters, so she loses her sister and son instead? I knew that Wendy was going to switch her life for his, but damn.. I like her.

Dash is just  a prick, but I figured he wasn't going to take responsibility.

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1

Wow, that was a season finale.

Father dead, Fredrick dead, Wendy giving up her last life. Killian and Freya finally together but them Dash switches their bodies, Ingrid's pregnant by someone when there's 2 potential bad fathers! It was really good, so much happened.

• Love 2

Thinking about it some more, I'm having some serious problems with Dash's final turn to the dark side.  The inference I got was that his reading Archibald Browning's tomes (and perhaps that expository chat with Grandpa Unicron) was apparently what finally nudged him over the precipice, but his switching bodies with Killian was so random and with no buildup whatsoever.  Everything else had at least a little lead-in, but not that.

Wow, they really let loose with the swearing -- numerous 'shits' and even an 'asshole'

And they pull a trick directly from the Back to the Future playbook -- I've been holding this message for the past 160 years to be delivered on this date.  I was expecting him to ask Dash if his name was Marty.

The CGI was as terrible as ever -- Wendy's transformation from cat to human, the snakes holding Ingrid to the wall, the lousy energy shots to kill grandpa -- just bad.  And the makeup guys need a kick in the ass too -- you could clearly see the contact lenses Joanna was wearing when she was "high" on heroin and her pupils were nearly closed.

So despite wasting two whole episodes on 1840s Baltimore shenanigans, it meant absolutely nothing because the weapon they wanted to kill the king was left behind with Tarkoff and was just an excuse for period piece costumes (seriously, that's the only reason left).

Who killed Frederick ?  One minute he's in the house talking the four women, and the next we see him he's dead on the floor of another room with 'Death to Witches' drawn in blood (a little TOO cleanly drawn for someone dying and drawing with their own blood).

Don't they have video cameras in jails ?  No one suspected anything weird happened in there with the funky light show in that holding cell ?

Why did they bother killing Wendy when no one important EVER really dies on this show ?  Remember that Freya and Ingrid were dead just two episodes ago and were back the very next episode. Killian died and returned within this episode.  Tommy was dead and is now back to life.  So I doubt Frederick is really dead either.

How did Tarkoff get back to 1840 Baltimore without using the Time Door ?  How did he return to the present and probably kill Frederick (because he's the only one that wasn't busy at the time, off killing the king).  

It is still absolutely ridiculous that Dash has only known that he's a witch for about two weeks total in show time, but has mastered spells like he's been doing them all his life.  And he has gone full on evil to boot.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty lackluster season finale.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

So that happened. They got rid of grandpa, Frederick, & Wendy, but kept Tarkoff & obviously set him up for another storyline by making him a demon? After all that, the thing that bugs me the most is the FBI agent. I called it on her being a cop, but how is she getting away with the sex stuff? Of course, Killian/Dash doesn't know about the sex, so he can't tell anyone. And if Freya can see Killian's soul, why can't she see that his soul isn't in his body anymore?

Well, at least they explained why Wendy didn't recognize Killian.

Thankfully. I'm hoping that Freya does realize that Killian isn't Killian & they'll take care of that in the first episode of next season. If there is one.

• Love 3

I was a little amused that Freya got to be Killian's Princess Charming, but that's me.  And yeah--if the show comes back for S3, tops on the list of things to address (or a close number two behind WENDY IN HELL) is Freya noticing Killian's...off.

How did Tarkoff get back to 1840 Baltimore without using the Time Door ?  How did he return to the present and probably kill Frederick (because he's the only one that wasn't busy at the time, off killing the king).

Grandpa Unicron sent Tarkoff back to get everybody so he could jack their powers, and I assumed Tarkoff went through the Time Door--which was still present at that point, AIUI.  But then he had that line to the doped-up Joanna about how there were "other ways" back to their own time, which kind of messed it all up; did Grandpa Unicron give him some sort of emergency temporal shift (hey, it worked for the Daleks) or did he have his own backup plan?  The last time we saw him, after all, was still in 1848.

As for Frederick's death: we saw someone in mid-heels walk by his body, and combined with the "Death to witches" scrawl it being Tarkoff makes no sense.  If it was Raven Moreau, then was she lying about taking the Browning tomes from Dash's attic?  Could it have been Isis, from earlier in the season, out for revenge?

And they pull a trick directly from the Back to the Future playbook -- I've been holding this message for the past 160 years to be delivered on this date. I was expecting him to ask Dash if his name was Marty.

Assuming Ingrid's baby is Dash's, I'm expecting a Star Wars-like scenario where his child is what ultimately lures Dash back from The Dark Side.

It was certainly a wild ride, I"ll give it that. I have to admit I'm a sucker for time-travel stories so I was amused by all the Freya and Wendy shenanigans in the past. I think the thing with Killian being Poe was dragged out a bit too much but then again considering how it ended I kind of see the point. I just wish they'd killed off Tarkoff for good because he's really the one I don't want to see again.

Wendy, on the other hand, they simply cannot kill off. She's the best thing about the show. Frederick, I could take him or leave him.

• Love 3

A pretty good finale overall. So much craziness in those last ten minutes. I just wonder how much further Dash will slip into his dark side, he seems pretty well deep into it now. In some ways you could see that little trick he pulled off coming, when he convinced Ingrid not to burn away Archibald's spellbook. One thing that struck to me from that last scene is how gifted Dash is with magic. He definitely seems to be the more gifted Gardiner brother, just like how Ingrid is naturally the more gifted Beauchamp sister.

Also, what was the purpose of the bimbo, model-turned FBI agent anyway? She just seems like something that popped out of a really bad fanfic, with no real meaning or connection to the plot. Lame.

Edited by Faiyth

Is anyone else confused as to how, if Freya is supposed to be able to see Killian's soul as Killian, even if he's in a different physical form, she was unable to recognize that Dash was the one inhabiting his body? That seems like basic plot continuity to me and lazy on the writers' end. It's like they just want to keep Killian and Freya apart for longer so they completely disregard that part of the story.

I'm not happy that Wendy is gone (from the non-underworld, anyway), and think killing Frederick was pointless. I'm a bit irked with how everything ended.

• Love 7

Is anyone else confused as to how, if Freya is supposed to be able to see Killian's soul as Killian, even if he's in a different physical form, she was unable to recognize that Dash was the one inhabiting his body? That seems like basic plot continuity to me and lazy on the writers' end. It's like they just want to keep Killian and Freya apart for longer so they completely disregard that part of the story.

I'm hoping that she really does know that Killian is Dash & realized what happened as soon as he walked out, & that she's just playing along to get him somewhere where she can whammy him or something.

Watching this show is so much work, especially when you're multi tasking.   I finally sorted out the modern Joanna and Freya  from the vintage by focusing on Joanna's frumpy Chico's blouse and Freya's burial shroud.    Wendy is harder, but I found the vintage Wendy wore her hair in greasy sausage curls.   Vintage and modern Wendy dress about the same.

Ingrid and Freya are dead, and now not dead.   Killian is dead, but brought back to life by Freya's magic kiss, only to be body snatched by imprisoned Dash.   Tommy is dead, now not dead so he can care for his kid or something.   Wendy is dead,  but not really dead and will resurrect next season.    King Unicorn/Uncle Fester is dispatched as  easily as the Mandragora,  who is dead, but  lives on in Ingrid, who probably has evil twins from The big M and Dash.

Way too many major plotlines wrapped up far too easily, and too many minor ones springing in their place.    Buffy did this every week, but the story lines had order, the big bads were never so easily dispensed,  and though there was an ensemble cast, it always centered and was grounded around Buffy.    There really is no central character here.   Too much chaos, and the bad FX  can't be ignored since the acting is wooden and the plots are not clever, at all. 

The premise is good, the sets are nice, I like the actors for the most part, but this show desperately needs to pull back a lot and get some decent writers.  

If the evil sister in hell or wherever does turn out to be Shannen Doherty, I am so out.   I already watched a borderline obese blue man sex up Ingrid and had to sit through squicky Dash sex scenes, and I'll not spend another minute of  torture  watching that slap eyed has been be unpleasant and sour.

• Love 1

At the end of the season (with a double episode for some reason), I have a radical proposal: what if Witches Of East End were a comedy? Not like Bewitched or anything, but something with a little more deliberate camp?

I keep saying that when I first started watching this show I thought it would be more like Hart of Dixie with witches.  I would love to see this show be light and fun instead of dark.

• Love 1

The first season was a bit more openly Charmed/Eastwick-ish campy, at least until the last episode or two, but this season...TPTB definitely lived up to the chosen slogan "Darkness is rising."  Wendy and, in a bizarre way, Ingrid have been the sole bastions of any sort of actual humor for the last thirteen episodes--with unintentionally schlocky assists from Dash and the occasional bit of mindblowing whatthefuckery like Mr. Tentacle or Eva the owl's acid blood or

Until Freya revives him with true love's fucking kiss. I mean...what??

I thought I heard Adam's teeth gnashing over the Internet when that happened.  And, as with Dash's flip to 100% evil, they didn't even try to explain it away.  I imagine the show would be lightened up slightly if it does get renewed, but just to sort out all the shit left hanging would probably take a few episodes and still be dark as hell.

• Love 1

The "I can see Killian's soul" thing and not being able to tell it was not Killian just killed me. Unless they're a lot more creative than I think they are, that's a pretty massive plot hole.  I also didn't get Dash's sudden evilocity.  I mean, he was basically trying to be good, and then BAM he's condemning his brother to what I presume he thinks is  lifetime in prison. That's a pretty big shift.  

What I did enjoy was Wendy. She never ceases to crack me up. I love the deadpan gallows humor. I agree that she and Freya make a great team. I was relieved to see her in the last scene with "Sister" because I assume (should I have to assume so much?) this means she will be back somehow next season. I think she's a delight. Not so mopey as Joanna.  

This show remains one of my favorites, despite the problems with last night's episode. I always look forward to it.

Also, I languished for a long while in the shallow end with Dash and his post-coitus boxer-briefs.

Edited by xtwheeler
  • Love 2

i really liked tommys performance as grandpa. wanted to mention this last time already.. the two characters he played were really different and i think he elaborated them quite nicely..

what really bothered me was that scene when ingrid went to dash after saving killians life without mentioning killians situation with even a single word and only dealing with the spell books instead. i mean there are billions of mistakes in the writing, but this one was just too hard. sure, killian made clear he didnt want dashes help, but not even tell him that his brother is about to die..? didnt work for me at all..

similarly stupid: what makes dash confident enough to sleep with the fbi agent whos investigating a murder he committed and clearly treats him as a suspect with a bunch of black magic spell books on his desk. (ill skip the comment on the attic.) i mean is he a total moron or something? it almost physically hurt to follow this brainless plotline..

what came out of the spell box when joanna dropped it? i thought the lunatics spirit had gone "straight to hell"...

the collective parricide scene was interesting. and i also liked that one shot of dash when tommy-grandpa kept talking about his inner war and the right side of his face was illuminated while the other one was dark with the eye squinting, that was quite thoughtful..

... but his switching bodies with Killian was so random and with no buildup whatsoever.  Everything else had at least a little lead-in, but not that.

they actually read the switching spell out loud twice, once when they were checking the journals for suitable spells against grandpa and again when they were extracting the memories from dashes subconscious.. the first time ingrid says something about a spell to switch bodies with another witch, later it is a spell about switching souls with another witch. in order to make it "undetectable" for freya it would in fact have to be the second version which of course is a huge nonsense because you dont need to hold a phd in philosophy to spontaneously wonder how one should actually imagine such a "soul switch". its just stupid..

The CGI was as terrible as ever -- Wendy's transformation from cat to human, the snakes holding Ingrid to the wall, the lousy energy shots to kill grandpa -- just bad.

i agree, most of the special effects were a total disaster though i thought the body/soul switch in the end was sufficiently well done.. what you call "snakes" were thorny lianas or so and they definitely were the worst. seems to be much more expensive to have those things done properly than i thought so far..

I'm hoping that Freya does realize that Killian isn't Killian & they'll take care of that in the first episode of next season. If there is one.

id really like that too, but im afraid youre expecting far too much from both, the show and the character...

Edited by ian nottingham

I doubt it has been disregarded.  Dash's spell is probably strong enough to block her abilities until some time next season when twu wuv makes her see the truth.  (That's not a spoiler, I just don't view the show as that creative on this point.) 

And it goes without saying, but who can't love a goofy scene where one guy hold another's head while telling him to let go and open his mind to him.  And so a thousand fan fictions were born! 

Edited by txhorns79

Thinking about it some more, I'm having some serious problems with Dash's final turn to the dark side.  The inference I got was that his reading Archibald Browning's tomes (and perhaps that expository chat with Grandpa Unicron) was apparently what finally nudged him over the precipice, but his switching bodies with Killian was so random and with no buildup whatsoever.  Everything else had at least a little lead-in, but not that.

Moreover, how did Dash even know the Old Norse spell? He quickly glanced over everything in his family grimoire but it was Frederik who had to use his powers to unearth the actual contents of the relevant pages. 

The CGI was as terrible as ever -- Wendy's transformation from cat to human, the snakes holding Ingrid to the wall, the lousy energy shots to kill grandpa -- just bad.  And the makeup guys need a kick in the ass too -- you could clearly see the contact lenses Joanna was wearing when she was "high" on heroin and her pupils were nearly closed.

The producers really need to take a page out of Sleepy Hollow's book and see that creepy restraining vines can actually pulled off with a decent budget. It's quite evident Lifetime has peanuts to FOX's macadamias. Speaking of Sleepy Hollow, it would be nice if this program also flashed back to earlier scenes. That expository data dump Ingrid gave about the dagger, bridge, traveler and key would have gone down a lot smoother with a cut to the Ingrid studying the relevant page in the Beauchamp grimoire from an earlier episode.

Why did they bother killing Wendy when no one important EVER really dies on this show ?  Remember that Freya and Ingrid were dead just two episodes ago and were back the very next episode. Killian died and returned within this episode.  Tommy was dead and is now back to life.  So I doubt Frederick is really dead either.

Word. That is my biggest gripe with this show now. It has officially crossed over into The Vampire Diaries territory where death is meaningless; it's merely transient or a reversible fortune. Huge mistake because to negate and undermine any future threat of mortal danger. Anyone can and will be brought back to life if the writers so wish. All it took for Freya and Ingrid's resurrection was a simple incantation by Gramps.

And don't even get me started on Killian. That fairy tale reversal was so groan worthy. True love's kiss? Are you fucking kidding me? Who the hell is the target demo for this show, prepubescent girls? (No offense to them)

I really should come here sooner to chime in since many of you already pointed out the major plot holes that left me flummoxed (ie. the impermanence of death). The one pass I will give the show is Freya not immediately recognizing Killian for Dash. She's exhausted from her time traveling escapade and not really super vigilant about her bf being body snatched, but if she doesn't catch on sooner rather than later I'll be ticked (likely).

After all that, the thing that bugs me the most is the FBI agent. I called it on her being a cop, but how is she getting away with the sex stuff?

If Raven had seized the grimoire after a night of copulating with the suspect, I believe the evidence would be inadmissible in a court of law. What she did seem to do was stash it away somewhere until she could return for it safely with a search warrant. Still, her behavior isn't entirely legal and she wasn't on some FBI sanctioned under cover operation, as far as we know. I'll cop that one to bad writing (see what I did there?)

Speaking of sex stuff, for a moment I was worried we would be subjected to yet another Dash/Raven fuck fest but thankfully it was just Killian convulsing on the couch before he died. 

I think we should start a list and time just how many minutes a series regular remains dead on this show. Ingrid and Freya clock in somewhere around 20 minutes (in episode time), and Killian and Tommy at five?

What she did seem to do was stash it away somewhere until she could return for it safely with a search warrant.

im not sure raven took the journals. i think it was freddies killer. with grandpa dead (IF he really IS dead..) the show needs a new bad boy/girl whos obviously some witch hater. could be raven, could be someone else..

I also didn't get Dash's sudden evilocity.

I'm probably giving the show way too much credit, but maybe the mind-sapping trick Frederick used on Dash turned him over to the dark side. Ingrid burned those books because they were full of spells for dark magic. She didn't even want Dash looking at them because she thought they were too dangerous. Maybe they didn't affect him right away when he looked through them because he couldn't read them, but once Freddie extracted them through his head (hee) they sort of manifested themselves into his consciousness. Kind of like when Evil Willow extracted all the dark magic from Giles' books at the Magic Shop. Similar FX too. 

I doubt they want to kill off either Dash or Killian, so there's a potential to "save" Dash eventually by extracting the dark magic out of him. Kind of hard to come back from what he's done to Killian, but then again he's already tried to kill him.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1

Oh, I have a nice convoluted storyline for next season.    Since Dash is now Killian who used to be Poe,  what role will the Raven have?    God, these writers are so awful I could see them throwing in some more Poe crap. 

im not sure raven took the journals. i think it was freddies killer. with grandpa dead (IF he really IS dead..) the show needs a new bad boy/girl whos obviously some witch hater. could be raven, could be someone else..

The book thief and Freddy's killer could be one and the same. From the shoes the implication was that it was a woman (or transvestite, who knows with this show).

Oh, I have a nice convoluted storyline for next season.    Since Dash is now Killian who used to be Poe,  what role will the Raven have?    God, these writers are so awful I could see them throwing in some more Poe crap. 

Raven might have some kind of Poe connection, based on her name. At least that's what I thought when I read the initial casting news. God, I hope not though. That storyline almost made me quit watching.

• Love 1
Oh, I have a nice convoluted storyline for next season.    Since Dash is now Killian who used to be Poe,  what role will the Raven have?    God, these writers are so awful I could see them throwing in some more Poe crap.

Will Raven have sex again with Dash/Killian ?  Never more.

• Love 3

Will Raven have sex again with Dash/Killian ?  Never more.

I wouldn't be so sure. These writers seem to like their kinky sex. If they're willing to feature beastiality and tentacle rape porn, what's a little sumn-sumn with a serial killer of the same species?

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 1

with grandpa dead (IF he really IS dead..)

I thought the same.  If the king is dead, wouldn't that undo the curses put upon the rest of the family?  Would they be able to return to Asgard?  Should they?

I hate the idea that Frederick is dead.  I kind of liked the idea of a Beauchamp brother - not to mention being Freya's twin.  One would think they'd be "key" & "bridge" rather than having Ingrid be the key.  Bad enough Victor is apparently dead.

I am REALLY hoping that Freya is able to deduce quickly that Killian's soul is in Dash's body.  I'm not crazy about that development.  If Ingrid is pregnant with his child, I like the idea of it being a way to bring Dash back to at least the center line.  If not, he'd be one daddy you don't want to fight with for custody. 

Yes, I'm hoping it wasn't the mandragora! 

Now about this sister, Helena.......any info as to why she of all people is running Hell (aside from her name)?  Is she the youngest sister?

• Love 1

With all this Poe talk, I was making a joke -- a very Poe joke. :) with The Raven, and Nevermore, this explains it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raven

Yeah, I'm aware. That's why I said I thought Raven had a Poe connection upthread, based on her name.

Now about this sister, Helena.......any info as to why she of all people is running Hell (aside from her name)?  Is she the youngest sister?

I'm thinking oldest sister. We know the witches are from Asgard and in Norse mythology, Hel the goddess who rules over the domion of hel(l).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_%28being%29

Well, that was a pretty dark ride. I enjoyed it however. Yeah, there was a few clunky bits but it kept me engaged and on the edge of my seat, that's all I ask really.

I'm assuming Dash absorbed some of the spells due to its taint and them being summoned back, and like Ingrid feared, really sent him over the edge.

Totally assuming that Freya will see Killian's soul isn't there eventually. Also, Killian in Dash's body should find a way to make a phone call to Freya and say, we've been swapped, you may not believe me, but magic happens, just look at your lover closely, ask him some questions, do a spell to double-check. But that might be too simple (though maybe Freya would never take a call from Dash; maybe he should text her).

I liked how Killian's actor managed to imitate Dash's creepy grin at the end.

So the witches are totally derived from Norse gods right, and Helena is obviously Hel, and Freya obviously Freya, and Frederick obviously Freyr, but grandfather finally gets named Nikolaus not Odin? And c'mon, Dash is totally Loki but gets called Bastian? Is this a show thing removing obvious references to Norse myth cos I didn't think it was a book thing.

The death to witches thing seemed a bit stupid to me, but hey, we get another mystery for next season should it be renewed. If it doesn't, I'm finally reading the books.

Gawd, so much rapeyness and implied rapeyness in the finale. I feel kinda dirty watching that.

Edited by Kite
Way too many major plotlines wrapped up far too easily, and too many minor ones springing in their place.    Buffy did this every week, but the story lines had order, the big bads were never so easily dispensed,  and though there was an ensemble cast, it always centered and was grounded around Buffy.    There really is no central character here.   Too much chaos, and the bad FX  can't be ignored since the acting is wooden and the plots are not clever, at all. 

Amen to that. And the body switching thing with Killian and Dash reminds me of the one with Buffy and Faith....And with Faith's journey as Buffy - she actually ended up hating who she was as she started to realize everything that was wrong about herself during her time as Buffy.

Somehow I don't think the writers here are going to be as smart as that.

• Love 1

Amen to that. And the body switching thing with Killian and Dash reminds me of the one with Buffy and Faith....And with Faith's journey as Buffy - she actually ended up hating who she was as she started to realize everything that was wrong about herself during her time as Buffy.

Somehow I don't think the writers here are going to be as smart as that.

That's because Buffy was identifiable as good & Faith was identifiable as bad. Dash is identifiable as bad, but Killian is more identifiable as stupid than good.

• Love 2

So I'm watching them chant the incantation to kill off Dad/Grandpa, thinking "The Power of Three...no, wait, Four...will set you free".

Did they hire some Charmed writers?

If not Shannen Doherty as Helena next season, how about Rose McGowan?

Wow, this show is just so bad.

How is it possible that the great love that is supposed to be Freya and Killian just gets more tedious, chemistry-less and ridiculous the more we see them. Oh yeah, the actors suck. It's like they can't even convince themselves they are in love.

What was the point of the King of he was killed so easily? I mean, why leave home because you are afraid of the four ladies using their powers against you when could not get to you in the first place, thereby creating a self-fulfilling prophecy?

So Frederick finally decides he's on teem good and gets killed.

Dash now wants Freya again, even though a hour before, he's all holding Ingrid's hands and talking about how he is going to protect her even if it means going to jail. Is it possible that whatever Frederick did to him caused a soul switch with dead granddaddy?

I just can't with this anymore. I see no reason to continue watching which is sad because I saw real show potential with Ingrid and a Dash, Fredrick and Wendy. Guess I should have seen the train-wreck coming when they killed off Victor.

Edited by Happytobehere

I'm assuming Dash absorbed some of the spells due to its taint and them being summoned back, and like Ingrid feared, really sent him over the edge.

The death to witches thing seemed a bit stupid to me, but hey, we get another mystery for next season should it be renewed. If it doesn't, I'm finally reading the books.

If reading the Browning grimoire somehow took Dash from teetering on the precipice of evil to full-blown irredemable villain status, that scene should have taken place on screen. This show has a history of omitting important scenes as well as telling, rather than showing.

Dash now wants Freya again, even though a hour before, he's all holding Ingrid's hands and talking about how he is going to protect her even if it means going to jail. Is it possible that whatever Frederick did to him caused a soul switch with dead granddaddy?

I didn't take it to mean Dash wanted Freya. He has been super pissed with her all season for leaving him at the altar so he is probably using this opportunity to seek vengeance for the perceived slight and emasculation. I foresee more rape and not-entirely-consensual sex in the show's future, should it get a third season.

If the evil sister in hell or wherever does turn out to be Shannen Doherty, I am so out.   I already watched a borderline obese blue man sex up Ingrid and had to sit through squicky Dash sex scenes, and I'll not spend another minute of  torture  watching that slap eyed has been be unpleasant and sour.

If you think the blue man is obese, you should go to the Witches IMDB page and look up the actor playing him. Check out a few of his shirtless photos. Hubba hubba

As for the show, I absolutely loathed the soul switch at the end. I agree with posters who asked why Freya didn't notice. Also if Wendy goes, I go. I love her.

Wow, that was a season finale.

Father dead, Fredrick dead, Wendy giving up her last life. Killian and Freya finally together but them Dash switches their bodies, Ingrid's pregnant by someone when there's 2 potential bad fathers! It was really good, so much happened.

I liked the cliffhangers and I'm bummed that the show got cancelled. I was specially looking forward to Ingrid's storyline. She's a cutie and I like pregnancy stories. I think the one cliffhanger I wasn't too excited by was the Dash-Killian switch. I hate those storylines where someone is fooling everyone and pitting them against the other and stuff. I would've found very annoying all the scenes of Killian trying to get people to believe him and Dash convincing everyone that he's crazy and blabla.

I actually thought it was very well done. They have been telegraphing his being bad since season one. There was one episode, don't know which, where someone reads Freya's cards (Wendy, I think) and tells her that one of the bothers is her soulmate and the other her destroyer. We obviously know who the soulmate is now. Plus the King told us all about Dash being bad in a previous life. Plus we SAW him being bad in a previous life (in the 70s). I think his was a case of being someone who wasn't as nice as they told themselves they were. When push came to shove, he showed his true colors and surprised even himself. It was all downhill since he left Killian to die. Him switching places with Killian made total sense to me. The one thing that bothered me about that, though, was that it seemed to imply a continued interest in Freya (he could've switched with someone else), which seemed to contradict Dash's interest in Ingrid this season. I had even started to wonder if he and Ingrid were connected the way Freya and Killian are, if maybe he was his grandpa in a previous life, that cult guy Ingrid had that intense affair with. The king also mentioned him being connected to Ingrid in Asgard. It seems to me like this is like the issue there was with the brothers' nonsensical various lives deal: the writers just don't make up their mind. In this case, either Dash is forever connected with the Freya/Killian/Dash love triangle, or he is connected to Ingrid. It can't be all at once, imo.

Who killed Frederick ?  One minute he's in the house talking the four women, and the next we see him he's dead on the floor of another room with 'Death to Witches' drawn in blood (a little TOO cleanly drawn for someone dying and drawing with their own blood).

I think it was the cop and she is a witch hunter. Her behaviour with Dash was just weird and off from the get go, nothing like a real cop would do. She targeted him even before the dead guy floated. And they showed female shoes when we saw Frederick's body. She probably took the books, too, but didn't enter them into evidence since they weren't mentioned.

So that happened. They got rid of grandpa, Frederick, & Wendy, but kept Tarkoff & obviously set him up for another storyline by making him a demon? After all that, the thing that bugs me the most is the FBI agent. I called it on her being a cop, but how is she getting away with the sex stuff? Of course, Killian/Dash doesn't know about the sex, so he can't tell anyone. And if Freya can see Killian's soul, why can't she see that his soul isn't in his body anymore?

Thankfully. I'm hoping that Freya does realize that Killian isn't Killian & they'll take care of that in the first episode of next season. If there is one.

This was the first thing I thought about.

That's because Buffy was identifiable as good & Faith was identifiable as bad. Dash is identifiable as bad, but Killian is more identifiable as stupid than good.

Jejeee. I was just thinking something along these lines as I was watching the season. That while they are attempting to tell a story with Dash, Killian is just Freya's love interest and is basically just hanging around and floundering aimless as a character.

Regarding the two deaths, I think obviously Wendy was never meant to stay dead if the show came back, but I think Frederick is toast. The show is about witches , and a warlock in the middle of the family of witches just doesn't fit right. They already got rid of Victor, too, for that same reason, I imagine. Wendy is like the best part of the show, she can't die for real! 

So, sad that the show was cancelled and we got these cliffhangers. They should pull it together one last time to make a movie or two, at least, like what happened with Bomb Girls.

• Love 1