Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Disclosure

Do we have any idea what Jack's partner's name is?  The one who is apparently the next Great Love for Emily?

I'm betting it's not the fire dept who rescues Emily, but this new cop character (Ben Hunter, as several other posters stated).

I remember when watching this show was like getting a box of chocolates every Sunday night and discovering that every single one was a caramel cream. And whenever you finished a layer, there was always another one underneath. And you never got fat.

Now, it's like chewing on grit. This week I actually started checking to see how long was left until the end of the episode.

To whoever said Emily should have buried Victoria alive last season, that is an awesome idea. I think I may pretend Revenge ended that way and Emily and Nolan went off into the sunset. But no, instead we get more mopey, whiny Emily who navel gazes about oh-woe-is-me my revenge has left me all alone except it hasn't. 

I don't think the writers on this show realize something; Emily does not need to agonize and soul-search and be wracked with guilt over her vengeance in order to be relatable and likable. She is fundamentally broken and screwed up and that is understandable and makes her sympathetic in itself. She's also the most fun to root for when she's at her most badass, taking down people who deserve it and meeting worthy adversaries like Victoria on the battlefield that is the Hamptons. Stop trying to make her "nice". It's just boring and it isn't going to work. And no, there's not really any way to stretch that character out over multiple seasons, and that's why as many have said, maybe Revenge should only ever have been a one-off mini-series. 

Since this is the last season, and they will inevitably have Emily go off into the sunset with Jack, I really hope we don't have to endure yet another love triangle for Emily with Generic Ben Hunter, the generically-named generic cop. I would much prefer it if he was there for Nolan!

• Love 2

Okayish episode. Surprised that Emily told Charlotte now about her really being Amanda. Thought that would've been saved for the mid season finale etc.

Charlotte's reaction was predictably ridiculous and OTT. That girl is a grade A dunce and now an attempted murderer. Hope Emily kicks the crap out of her now.

The Victoria and David scenes had their moments but weren't the most riveting of the bunch. I really hope David is manipulating Victoria but I have a feeling he's not though.

Ben's interest in Emily is coming across a bit sleazy to be honest. At least Jack tried to warn him off her.

Daniel and Margaux will never be an interesting couple but thankfully Gideon is gone. He won't be missed.

Nolan had naff all to really do this week, 7/10

• Love 1

I really, really wish Victoria had been buried alive last season and Conrad was still alive for Emily to exact revenge upon. That would be entertaining TV. But instead we have plastic Victoria and dumbass David, coke-head Charlotte and I don't even know what Daniel is. A spoiled brat who is mad that Emily took away his cushy lifestyle?

I really can't watch any more scenes with David and Victoria unless he is strangling her. Emily probably now wishes she had let Charlotte jump, or pushed her.

What I did like was Margeaux's  take-down of her brother and Nolan's dolphin-cam.

...and what's with Jack's partner asking Emily all those "none of your business" questions?

• Love 2

I once loved this show.  But I didn't even watch this last episode till Tuesday.  I don't like the direction the show is taking.  I wish David had stayed dead if he is only back to find his great love Victoria.  That is just sickening.  Charlotte is such a waste of space.  I wanted her to dive off the building.  Daniel and Margot need to leave with Gideon.  Too many characters I just don't want to see again.  Nolan needs more to do.  He is about the only entertaining character left.

• Love 2

I was getting the impression Jack's cop partner was interested in Emily because he was a plant of some sort, working for...I'm not sure who the enemy is anymore, but someone out to get Emily.  Maybe if David Clark is playing Victoria, Cop Partner is planted by him? He was just way too inquisitive about her and he had that look, that typical "I'm up to something" look tv characters get. 

Charlotte is so stupid in so many ways. Not only does she not have any real reason to hate Em, much less kill her, but she also missed out on the fact that Em is rich! If she was nice to her, Em would give her all the money she wants. Idiot.

Liked the "ninja-police" guy that saved Charlotte, I mean Emily came thru the only door to the roof and out of nowhere comes the hero like he appeared there, also I want police that comes to help and almost be there the instant someone calls them. (they did say Emily called police, unless she took 10+ minutes to go to the roof)

Liked the "ninja-police" guy that saved Charlotte, I mean Emily came thru the only door to the roof and out of nowhere comes the hero like he appeared there, also I want police that comes to help and almost be there the instant someone calls them. (they did say Emily called police, unless she took 10+ minutes to go to the roof)

I guess when you live in the Hamptons you get really personalized service, I remember stories about how it takes an hour to get emergency services to people in the poorer areas of Detroit.

I thought Jack's cop buddy was gay?  Or maybe I'm only thinking that because Nolan thought he was cute, and I want to see Nolan happy

I was getting the impression Jack's cop partner was interested in Emily because he was a plant of some sort, working for...I'm not sure who the enemy is anymore, but someone out to get Emily. Maybe if David Clark is playing Victoria, Cop Partner is planted by him? He was just way too inquisitive about her and he had that look, that typical "I'm up to something" look tv characters get.

I thought maybe he was just a starfucker who wanted the dirt on a local celebrity.

Charlotte is so stupid in so many ways. Not only does she not have any real reason to hate Em, much less kill her, but she also missed out on the fact that Em is rich! If she was nice to her, Em would give her all the money she wants. Idiot.

Ha, so true!

I can't watch Brian Hallisay without thinking of the time he played a gay cop on Cold Case, so I keep expecting him to hit on Jack at any moment. The shirtless scenes are nice in any event.

Oh good that's not just me!

This past year I've parted ways with some shows that crossed the line for me (I don't even know where the line exists until the show crosses it).   With Sons of Anarchy after the killing of Tara, with Walking Dead after the resurgence of the Governor and the killing of Herschel ... and I'm feeling that way again right now after this episode of Revenge.

I mean, I've always known it was a stupid show.  I accepted that.  But when a stupid show becomes a show that makes you feel stupid for watching it ... that's a whole other thing.

David Clark swooning over Victoria was repulsive to me.   I don't know why.   Why should anything in a show I already acknowledge as stupid bother me?   But it did.   It made me uncomfortable -- even more so than Margaux's new 'do -- and eager for the episode to end.

On a sidenote, I think Gideon is really Katie Holmes in a Halloween beard.

• Love 1