Type keyword(s) to search

The Judge Judy Drinking Game: No Water For You!

Trini
  • Start Topic

One shot for Subject-Object pronoun confusion.

examples:

"Him and me went to the bar."

"She and him were in their car."

One shot for 'I' is not the object of the proposition.

examples:

"He tossed it at JoJo and I."

"I told her, that's between my baby's daddy and I"

JJ has actually kicked out an audience member ?

Yes. There was a case maybe three or four years ago where she told Byrd to remove someone. I can't remember the details of the case (probably because it wasn't as exciting as the audience member being thrown out.).

• Love 1

Drink when JJ mentions her law degree/ going to law school.

------------

JJ has actually kicked out an audience member ?

And someone last season, I believe.

I actually once assembled bingo cards for this purpose. Some of my squares:

• Dispute involves car over 10 years old
  • Dispute involves motorcycle
  • Dispute involves ATV!
  • Litigant sports obvious wig, weave, or more than one vividly unnatural hair color
  • Litigant has neck tat

...and my personal favorite, nervous litigant addresses JJ as "sir." :D

• Love 4

When Byrd uses his trusty (yet date-limited) copy of the Kelley Blue Book, and turn that into a chug if the litigant says they looked up the value on KBB and JJ says she doesn't want it.

When JJ states that she and Byrd pay someone's bills

When a litigant has someone in their witness seat who's just there for the trip and is not really a witness

When JJ returns to the bench after ruling/dismissing because the litigants heckled successfully

• Love 5

The only insufferable assholes I see are behind the podiums.

Whenever a litigant says, "Don't trust anyone", in the hallterview after they scammed a friend out of money that was kindly loaned (or borrowed if you're from Minnesota) to them, DRINK!

• Love 4

Whenever a litigant says, "Don't trust anyone", in the hallterview after they scammed a friend out of money that was kindly loaned (or borrowed if you're from Minnesota) to them, DRINK!

Or "It is what it is" when they lost for lying like a cheap rug.

• Love 2

Whenever a female litigant says that the other female litigant "wanted to fight me", drink. Make it a double if the "tussling" was over a man presently incarcerated.

Or when a female litigant claims that someone "called her out of her name."

Also, when a female litigant says she told someone to "take my name out your mouth."

• Love 2

So we've got "kerfuffle," we've got "He said it was a loan", wev'e got whenever anyone drinks the water, and we've got "Sushi for lunch", but what on earth can we possibly do when a litigant WINKS at the judge?!  I nearly had a fit when I saw Smarmy Joe wink at the judge today during the ColorfulEyesGal sues SuaveSmarmyJoe about a repo'd car case.  Seriously? I know it's TV, but seriously?  I don't even think chugging covers this one.

When JJ told him to wink at Byrd instead, Byrd nearly had a fit, too.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2014 at 11:22 PM, MrsEVH said:

"UM is not an  answer!  (my favorite) . There's a youtube montage for this one.

Here's what I want to do - get a quick intern job on Jeopardy.  Moose with the answers so that one of them, somehow, somewhere is:

Pharmacist Contestant:  "TV Judges for 500 Alex"

Alex Trebek:    A form of hesitation often used before idiotic litigants address Judge Judy.

Pharmacist Contestant: What is UM, Alex? 

Alex Trebek: Yes, that is correct!!

*So the next time she jumps over someone's sorry carcass by saying "um is not an answer" - the idiotic litigant can say "yes it is, let's go to the tape".

Don'tcha just love it when some clueless litigant shouts with much bravado "I Object"!!!

This also happens on the People's Court. 

Morons.

“There’s no such word as ‘tooken’!”

”Well, where did you think you were coming today?”

Drink when she mocks the litigants for drinking the water that’s provided for them. Entrapment!

True story: about 10 years ago I was hired as an employment background investigator with a police agency. I had no prior investigative experience. My first case was for a civilian employee who gave me a cockamamie story about something in her history. I’d been at the job for a week. After my initial interview with the prospective employee, I went to my sergeant, told her the applicant’s cockamamie story, and added (I kid you not): “Her story doesn’t make sense, and Judge Judy always says if it doesn’t make sense, it isn’t true.”

I wanted to die

[I stayed employed and got damn good at my job.]

• Love 5
On 6/18/2018 at 8:50 PM, sharifa70 said:

and added (I kid you not): “Her story doesn’t make sense, and Judge Judy always says if it doesn’t make sense, it isn’t true.”

I wanted to die

Chug!!!

(hysterical!)

• Love 2