Type keyword(s) to search

All Stars Season 4 Spoilers

• Start Topic

@FITFashionD

Congratulations To Helen Castillo Fit Fd Alum  on winning Project Runway All Stars

Season 4!!  Check out the link : http://www.designerhelen.com/#!projectrunway/c1ppg

I don't know how reliable this is because  I think the link is her season 12 collection. This

was favorited on Helen's twitter account.

I noticed that Alyssa Milano and Tim Gunn started following Helen on Twitter and it struck me as curious... 

Blech.

I guess I'm blind...I don't see anything at that link that confirms a win for Helen.  Any clues?  The clothes displayed seem to me to be the outfits she did for the challenges.

Pictures from the All Stars finale collections haven't been made available yet, so I think they just linked to those photos so people could get a sense of her work. The "Congratulations on winning Season 4" tweet is hard to deny, especially coming from FIT.

Confidentiality agreement notwithstanding, I can easily picture Helen bragging about her win to anyone who would listen. Maybe there were some "haters" at FIT who needed proof of her superior skills (haha).  

They "corrected a previous wrong" with Mondo, gave it to the perceived "fan favorite" who went home "too early" with Anthony Ryan, and had a double winner with Seth Aaron. I guess the next logical storyline would be a redemption arc for one of the most odious designers they've ever had.

Helen has been more tolerable this season, but her whining is only subdued, not gone, and she hasn't been winning countless undeserved challenges like in S12. I won't know how I feel about this outcome until I see it happen, I guess, because I wasn't mad about an Anthony Ryan win until I saw him get slaughtered in the finals by Uli and Emilio.

I just read the Wikipedia page, and it mentions 4 finalists in the mix. That means one of the next two weeks is a non-elimination. Hmmm...

Nevermind, apparently I can't read. I assumed 4 finalists from the "4 Seasons" assignment.

Edited by Oholibamah

I think they will give the win to Dmitry. Viewers almost universally hate Helen and Michelle and ever since the Gretchen win PR has only crowned winners that were likable with the exception of Michelle. However, everyone on her season was pretty vile so there was no one "nice" to pick from in that case. Sonjia is "nice", but her designs are weaker than Dmitry's and she can't compete with his likability and charm. 

Then there's the fact that PR: All-Stars has only had male winners, while the mainstream PR has had mostly female winners since the shift to Lifetime. 

I like a lot of Sonjia's designs, and while she's uneven, I find her less referential than Dmitri, though she doesn't come close to him on construction and finished details.

She's the last of my 'favorite four' to remain in the competition, so I'm rooting for her. But... I would not be at all surprised with a Dmitri win, nor completely disappointed.  And really, a lot will depend on their final collections. I've had some designers really surprise me in the past, either with a final collection that disappointed me terribly, or one that was so good that I reconsidered my opinion on their earlier work.

• Love 1

Not sure. Michelle seems to be getting some sympathy support out there. I still don't think there's a market for her offerings (tunic, tunic mini, fit and flare tunic..), at least not coming from Michelle, but the whole kinder gentler Michelle set upon by dogs POV seems to be getting some traction.

Although, it's been years since I've seen a season of this show which produced clothes worth talking about, so it's entirely possible that the pariah-heavy season was far more about the buzz than about the possibility that one of them will be a successful designer.