Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two: Bring The Popcorn and Discuss!

I could've done without the Euros, too. But I did laugh when Fawni was excited to see Prince and broke the lighting fixture with her head.

It tickles me how the Zeno parents rag on their son. They seem really loving, though. I appreciate the affection. The older ladies continue to grow on me every week.

Julie was spot on with calling Apollo a sociopath. He just doesn't get it.

I loved how everyone had empathy for the kids on Master Chef Junior. I get sad for kids in competition shows like that. Their little faces crumble.

Favorite line for me: "Jada Pinkett-Smith is serving drag queen realness."

Fish Mooney and Oswald Cobblepot are the best part of Gotham for me.

I wish I had Netflix so that I can watch Transparent. It looks interesting.

It's an Amazon show. You can watch the first episode for free but for the rest, you need to be an AmazonPrime member.

I absolutely hated the Euros being featured. I didn't find them charming or say anything of note and it just makes me worry about the future of the show.

It's probably a one time thing, last season they had the Shahs of Sunset on one episode.

The eyeball!     Mega yuck!

I'm cracking up at the Vizsla being described as a "ginormous" dog.  I would be surprised if that dog cleared 60 pounds,  I have two on me right now.

When everyone else has purse dogs, it becomes ginormous!  In the first season it would just suddenly appear out of nowhere, and it was very large for something appearing out of nowhere.  Having owned labs, I'm always amazed at how calm these dogs are.

I wish I had Netflix so that I can watch Transparent. It looks interesting.

You can watch the pilot on Amazon for free, but the rest of the episodes you have to pay to view. 

Neve rmind. Someone already replied.

Edited by jonesingjay

The Euro couch was awful.  I will change the channel if they show up again...well, not really but I will ff through them.

I was all like... well Bravo, this backfired on you bigtime.  If the intent was to get viewers interested in these people to transfer interest over to their own show, all you succeeded in doing was the exact opposite. 

• Love 3

Triggered by the kindness of the children on Masterchef Jr, Sam tries to share his childhood loneliness with his family.  Mom tells him to stop talking.

Middle grandma for the win "Black rain, Black rain!" 

• Love 2

Middle grandma for the win "Black rain, Black rain!" 

I'm always on the fence about when "old people confuse Pop culture references" stuff is funny.  I mean if you think about it, Purple Rain is 30 years old this year. That lady would have only been in her 30s probably at the time.  It's not like she's talking about a song by Lorde or Iggy Azalea.  

The eyeball!     Mega yuck!

When everyone else has purse dogs, it becomes ginormous!  In the first season it would just suddenly appear out of nowhere, and it was very large for something appearing out of nowhere.  Having owned labs, I'm always amazed at how calm these dogs are.

Well, to be honest the dog is usually asleep when they are watching something!    Mine look pretty calm when they are asleep too.

Bad move, show--I promptly deleted The Euros from my unwatched DVR list.  I doubt if their "couch" appearances won them more viewers than it lost them.  Blerrg.

I like the old lady in the middle and I wish the other two would dislodge their butt sticks and stop rolling their eyes every time she opens her mouth.  They're breaking her spirit.

Could Julie and Brandy get a bigger couch?  I'd plop right down.

• Love 4
I like the old lady in the middle and I wish the other two would dislodge their butt sticks and stop rolling their eyes every time she opens her mouth.  They're breaking her spirit.

You know you're old when ... you can't remember how many times you've been married.

It doesn't seem like those three even know each other very well. Teddi's eye rolling last night was worse than usual. Like she and her son's pet tiger have any room to judge. Joe Resnick also gave a funny side-eye when one of the daughters mentioned wanting Matthew McConaughey to wear her like a skin, or whatever it was.

We learned that beef Wellington is just like Hot Pockets, so that's handy.

I kind of love Rashawn and his hot pink jeans and t-shirt. Although I side with his dad on the "not a virgin" question.

Rashawn: "She don’t look like the virgin-type."

Princella: "What do a virgin look like? Glasses and nerdy or something?"

Rashawn: "Yeah!"

Princella: "Well, where are your glasses at?"

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 4

I just wish Andy would knock off with the half hour delays to show a useless episode of WWHL.  I don't care about it and starting in the east at 10:30 costs me at least half the Couch episode.  WWHL has its own spot at 11 eastern.  Keep it there and don't waste my time with that drivel.

• Love 3

I just wish Andy would knock off with the half hour delays to show a useless episode of WWHL.  I don't care about it and starting in the east at 10:30 costs me at least half the Couch episode.  WWHL has its own spot at 11 eastern.  Keep it there and don't waste my time with that drivel.

They have to do that because Euros and People's Couch are tanking in the ratings. People's Couch needs to get rid of the boring groups and do the popular Bravo shows weekly.

For the love of God Bravo, please get rid of the Euro couch. They're not only unfunny but more importantly take away valuable screentime from the stars of the show Julie and Brandy, Rashawn and his family, the gay guys, and the bed family!

They seriously need to quit trying to make The Euros happen.

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 5
They have to do that because [unmentionable] and People's Couch are tanking in the ratings.

Well, poo. How bad are the ratings? I assumed things were okay since they renewed it and expanded it to an hour. They need to air it more often so new viewers can stumble on it and get sucked it.

• Love 1

If we're talking about Andy Cohen, I *cannot* watch that cross-eyed man.  He makes my head hurt.

• Love 1

I loved the one older lady calling it a "telenova." And when Family Bed dad said "I used to be a short order cook..." and the kids were like "Here we go again..." Family Bed dad has had every job under the sun!

Beef Wellington/hot pockets - hahaha! And Rashawn saying the Beverly Hillbillies would make a great show.

I love this show. Minus the Euros - they suck.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that in one of the Q&As during Andy's book tour, he did say that the people are filmed at their own house.

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 3

They have to do that because Euros and People's Couch are tanking in the ratings. People's Couch needs to get rid of the boring groups and do the popular Bravo shows weekly.

The turnaround though is that he puts his show on in those 1 1/2 hour blocks.  Which causes a drop in the lead in to this show as well.  Yes his show gets higher ratings because the, in this instance, RHofBH fans linger to watch the cast members with Cohen.  But it sort falls into being a self-fulfilling prophecy if you will.  Ratings are low so we must tinker.  But we tinker in a way that actually fixes the problem halfway.  It raises the ratings for that first half hour but does it give a greater boost to say the second half hour of the pushed back People's Couch?  Especially since I suspect the demographics for TPC overlap in the area that either go to be at 11.  Watch the local news,  Watch the Daily Show or watch Conan. 

I think the folks at BRAVO found the show surged initially but still don't know why or how and have no idea how to promote it.  I also think it is a cheaply made show so they simply have less invested than propping up a season of RH that sags even more in the ratings.  But it should air more often.  I do know it is on often first thing in the morning instead of episodes of Tabatha Takes Over or Millionaire Matchmaker shows that all have cobwebs clinging they are so old.  But when it should air, if they want to keep it around, is in one of the "building" slots int he afternoon.  I can't remember whether it was the 2 to 4 pm area or the 6pm slot but one of those was when they first started re-airing the Housewives shows back when there was only one or two franchises.  They found the same success with Top Chef and Project Runway.  Those re-airs drew in huge numbers for their type and I remember one of the chief BRAVO execs (not Cohen) was interviewed by EW and said the strategy first was seen as a success with Queer Eye but they saw huge returns they could tie from the re-air numbers to the numbers for the following new episode of the show

Having the Euros watch themselves probably felt like an incredibly witty and clever bit?  It was so so wrong.  Like Talmud/Old Testament wrong.  It is why ancient Hebrew leaders said cooking the veal in the cream sauce was bad bad bad.

• Love 1

In my mind, I feel like Andy is doing it for his own selfish reasons - he can be on at 9:30, do a quick aftershow and then go out for the night. He said somewhere that the worst part about doing WWHL is that he has to be at the same place every night at 11:00. I feel like this cuts into his bar time. Also, increasingly WWHL is filmed and isn't even live anyway.

I'm sure it really has to do with ratings, I just choose to believe the above.

The first airing is too late for me, and I don't have a DVR. The re-runs tend to be when I'm getting ready for work in the morning, then leaving for work halfway through or in the middle of a Saturday or Sunday. I like this show, but they make it hard to find.

• Love 1

Speaking of cheap to produce, I'd be very interested to know how much the couchers get paid. It does take a chunk of time to watch 5-6 hours of TV, not to mention the weight gain from the snacks.

I wouldn't do it for less than $5K/episode. (Well, ah. I hate being the center of attention or having people look at me so wouldn't even go to the casting call. But if I didn't mind those things? $5K for sure.)

Full disclosure: I was so ticked off to see Euro Couch that I can't think of any notable Couch quotes. I have no issue of the regular set of Couch folks being in showbiz, or giving a stilted primer about the show they're about to watch. Because the regular Couch folks are funny. I cannot imagine what makes the Euros funny. Other than Bravo exploiting their possible misunderstanding of pop culture/differences in speech/delusions of U.S. fame. None of which I actually find giggle-worthy. 

It's sad that The People's Couch is so low-rated and if it bites the dust, Bravo's lost me. It's the only reason I would ever watch even three minutes of any set of Housewives. Or any Bravo reality fare. Because the Couchies, like me, seem clueless about it and annoyed by it.  I'm much more interested in their reactions to dramas, sitcoms, and off-Bravo stuff.

• Love 1

In my mind, I feel like Andy is doing it for his own selfish reasons - he can be on at 9:30, do a quick aftershow and then go out for the night. He said somewhere that the worst part about doing WWHL is that he has to be at the same place every night at 11:00. I feel like this cuts into his bar time. Also, increasingly WWHL is filmed and isn't even live anyway.

I'm sure it really has to do with ratings, I just choose to believe the above.

Are these ancillary built in Watch What Happens Live actually live?  I know a couple of them have been taped but I usually hit the button to change the channel when he comes on.

Because I do think you have a point.  He can ship in whichever thirsty housewife to do the show whatever time of day he wants.  i would not be surprised if some of them are filmed a couple days in advance. 

And I have Comcast and have noticed several times that when they do the built in WWHL following whichever Real Housewives show, not only does it show on both Comcast and TVGuide's online programming grid as not being separate (it just shows the Housewives show as being and hour and a half) it also shows a WWHL listed as "new" in an 11:30 shot.  BRAVO has to be doing that.  So there is a lot of shifty little shit that doesn't really matter but is still petty effort by the network to pull one over viewers' eyes.

Are these ancillary built in Watch What Happens Live actually live? I know a couple of them have been taped but I usually hit the button to change the channel when he comes on.

I don't want to get off-topic, but to answer your question, all the WWHL segments are taped at 9 pm eastern and aired later. So those segments are probably taped as well. I know this because I've been a caller a couple of times. :) The producer calls me early to go over what I am going to ask, then they call me back during the 9 pm taping. It's a little nerve-wracking because they put me on hold until Andy takes the call and you have to listen to that stupid theme song while on hold.

Now, back to our regularly-scheduled couch talk.

• Love 1

I don't want to get off-topic, but to answer your question, all the WWHL segments are taped at 9 pm eastern and aired later. So those segments are probably taped as well. I know this because I've been a caller a couple of times. :) The producer calls me early to go over what I am going to ask, then they call me back during the 9 pm taping. It's a little nerve-wracking because they put me on hold until Andy takes the call and you have to listen to that stupid theme song while on hold.

I've seen the go intos where he has mentioned a score or event that clearly is up to date past 10:55 pm plus Rachel Maddow off the top of my head indicates that not all WWHL is taped at 9 pm. 

I know I read a post here (PTV) that explained the call was taped in advance. After reading that, I started paying closer attention to the calls and it seemed obvious to me due to the lack of response or caller involvement once hellos are said and questions are asked. Is that because a caller is not allowed to say anything else or do they cut the call off immediately after the question is asked? I'm just curious.

Sometimes I think the usernames and questions on Andy's cards are actually written by Andy or his staff.

My calls were "live". I could hear Andy talking and the person I was asking the question of answered me. And one time I got to interject with a second part of my question. Their answers were exactly what was shown 2 hours later. I know they dub in intros at the very beginning of the show sometimes if there is breaking news. And some of them may indeed be live at 11, but the times I called in, they were taping between 9-9:30.

The producer called me in the afternoon to go over what I was going to ask and explain how it all works. Then they called me back at 9 and put me on hold.

And with that, we need to stick to this show and not Watch What Happens Live. Thanks!

• Love 1

I've never seen the Euros show but I kind of like them on here. I think they're funny and its made me want to check out their show.

I found a long lost cousin because of this show. I was reading another board and this woman who used her first name as part of her user name mentioned a few things that had happened in her family as a kid. The same things had happened in my family.

Based on her name, I messaged her and its my cousin who I haven't seen since her parents divorced and her mom moved away when we were 10.

Thanks People's Couch!

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 8

The first airing is too late for me, and I don't have a DVR. The re-runs tend to be when I'm getting ready for work in the morning, then leaving for work halfway through or in the middle of a Saturday or Sunday. I like this show, but they make it hard to find.

Seriously, get a DVR.  It will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.  ;)

You can get an older Tivo with lifetime service for very little money on Ebay.

Edited by Puffaroo
  • Love 5

The 'season" went by too fast.  Hopefully it will be back right after the holidays.  As long as they are devoted to being five days past trending with their throwback Thursdays programming it does look like with the inexplicable return of Millionaire Matchmaker and the new Restaurant show, things are getting cluttered for the rest of year going into next.

Thought this was a weaker episode.  The Shark Tank segment should have just focused on the weeping weirdo.  It just petered out with the second schiller.  And if they are going to do a competitive show like that it shouldn't also be combined in the same week as The Voice and Dancing with the Stars.  It ended with way too many boring contestant segments for an hour.

I never realized how one note Catherine Heigl is.  She is the new Jennifer Anniston.  Now if only both would go away completely.  That show looks all kinds of cheesey and on the other side of a chasm of disbelief so wide no way I can suspend anything over it.

i forget what the one older woman with the short gray hair said in response to something, but it was the funniest moment of the show for me.  That is not necessarily an indication of the show's entertainment as a whole for me last night.  But it does say something.  I need the yelling sisters to go away.  The quiet dad is the only one to say anything interesting.  And bed family is wearing a little bit.  Love the Zenos.  They were consistently funny the whole show. 

• Love 1

The Voice

It's a sweatband yarmulke.

I'm gonna take you to the river and drop you off.

I would marry Blake and have a thousand of his babies before touching Adam Levine one time.

How to Get Away With Murder

It's TGIT - also known as Shonda Rhimes makes alot of money tonight.

I wouldn't want to tell Viola Davis I was pregnant.

They should've called this show "How to Get Away With a Flashback".

That's a "please don't tell my wife I had sex wth a student" kiss.

Interlude

There's a chicken on the back of your car.

Hollywood Film Awards

(of Jared Leto)  He looks like the beardede lady.  Julie's choking with laughter ...

EVERYONE'S reaction to Johnny Depp - including mine.  HOW did I ever miss this?  :-(

State of Affairs

Please don't tell me her name is Charleston.

Does he have a brother?  'Cause I'll still fuck him.

Julie:  Why do you think he faked his own death?  

Brandy:  To break up with her.

Some Snookie show

Snookie's worried about having a judgy baby.  That seems fair.

Too Many Cooks on Adult Swim

I wann see what they got on their plates.  I'm hungry.

Three ladies find everything BUT the actual show (which appears to be a blessing).

Zeno Dad: You know, I get it.  Everybody's got to be high watching it.

Me:  What in the fuckety fuck WAS that?

• Love 2

Praise be, no Euros.  Please keep it that way, show.

I never realized how one note Catherine Heigl is.  She is the new Jennifer Anniston.  Now if only both would go away completely.  That show looks all kinds of cheesey and on the other side of a chasm of disbelief so wide no way I can suspend anything over it.

After seeing that, I'm just sorry that Alfre Woodard is mixed up in it -- though I noticed that, until just recently, her name wasn't mentioned AT ALL in ads for the show.  Maybe that was in her contract.  ;)

I need the yelling sisters to go away.  The quiet dad is the only one to say anything interesting.  And bed family is wearing a little bit.  Love the Zenos.

Bed family is wearing a little thin for the same reason I don't watch Masterchef Junior:  too self-consciously cutesie-poo.

• Love 1

Some Snookie show

Snookie's worried about having a judgy baby.  That seems fair.

From Ayn, the brunette senior citizen who sits in the middle of the other two:

"I told them to just take a little off of the top." 

• Love 3