Type keyword(s) to search

'90s Hair, B-Movies and British Accents: TWD Cast in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Following up a post from February: I'm on episode 6 of Bosch and Madison Lintz's (Sophia) character goes to a firing range where she shot at a zombie target. Just a little in-joke, I'd bet.

• Love 2

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'm currently watching Justified on Netflix and both Hershel (Scott Wilson) and Martin (Chris Coy) were bank robbers season 2. 

• Love 3

The Law and Order: SVU where a young-Noah's dad is arrested for trying to get Noah a black-market kidney for a transplant was just on. The dad is trying to get Stabler to take him by the hospital one last time to see Noah on the way to prison, and explains that he told a worried Noah that when he dies "it's peaceful, just like going to sleep."  Whoops, not quite.

The Law and Order: SVU where a young-Noah's dad is arrested for trying to get Noah a black-market kidney for a transplant was just on. The dad is trying to get Stabler to take him by the hospital one last time to see Noah on the way to prison, and explains that he told a worried Noah that when he dies "it's peaceful, just like going to sleep."  Whoops, not quite.

To be fair to Dear Old Dad, in the hospital you don't have someone looking to jump you and chew on your liver while you're still using it.

Well... hardly ever, anyway.

• Love 1

So yesterday I discovered that Katelyn Nacon ("Enid") was on the infamous "Too Many Cooks"!  (She even got third billing!)

And recently I was watching "Dumb and Dumber To" on cable, and recognized Laurie Holden, but I couldn't remember who she was until I saw her name in the credits.

• Love 1

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'm currently watching Justified on Netflix and both Hershel (Scott Wilson) and Martin (Chris Coy) were bank robbers season 2.

What was fantastic was when Justified's Art chased on foot the bank robber Scott Wilson was playing.   Art had a bum knee and Wilson's character was on oxygen. 

His character left the oxygen tank behind so Art had to turn to pick it and bring it to him,  It wasn't a long chase as Wilson's character  ran out of gas 50 feet from where he had started.

Best. Chase Scene. Ever.  Justified - Season 2 - cannot give that show enough kudos.

Sarah Wayne Callies is in the new USA show Colony. Her husband is played by Josh Holloway (Sawyer!). She was mocked for how skinny Lori was, but that was an acting decision she and AL made. She's about fifteen pounds heavier and very pretty in Colony. She's still a wife and mother but pretty proactive. She's part of the resistance movement and whipped out an illegal gun on someone attempting to steal from her. I'm liking her. But then I never hated Lori. This character's just easier to like.

ETA:  Now that she's eating more, she has nice healthy shiny hair.  None of that stringy business.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 1

I'm positive all of these are old news, but just in case you didn't know:

• The Governor was on Doctor Who (and I hated him just as much)
  • Daryl was on Charmed for a couple of episodes. He dated Rose Mcgowen's character and seemed like a great guy.  Only she found out the next episode that he was married with kids.
  • Maggie was on Supernatural
  • Love 1

Blast from the past! I caught "The Right Stuff" the other night and was going on about how one actor reminded me of Shane (it was Fred Ward by the way). I had to google the movie to see who was 1980s!Shane and was surprised to realize that Scott Wilson was actually in the movie (as was Levon Helm from The Band!).

I caught Jeffrey DeMunn in this random but good movie from 1995 called "Citizen X". Wikipedia says it was made-for-tv. I can't believe they made TV movies this good. Better than today's theatrical releases

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm enjoying Lauren Cohan in her recurring role as Bela on Supernatural right now.  She is hot.  You know she's good looking with how she appears with so little makeup on and wearing old jeans in Walking Dead.  Fully made and dressed up and speaking in her natural British accent, wow.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 1

Sarah Wayne Callies is in the new USA show Colony. Her husband is played by Josh Holloway (Sawyer!). She was mocked for how skinny Lori was, but that was an acting decision she and AL made. She's about fifteen pounds heavier and very pretty in Colony. She's still a wife and mother but pretty proactive. She's part of the resistance movement and whipped out an illegal gun on someone attempting to steal from her. I'm liking her. But then I never hated Lori. This character's just easier to like.

ETA:  Now that she's eating more, she has nice healthy shiny hair.  None of that stringy business.

She plays an annoying, bug-eyed woman who thinks she knows better than everyone, lies to and keeps secrets from her husband, and can't keep track of her own damn kids.  Sounds familiar.

• Love 4

Oh man, I remember first seeing Andrew Lincoln in a British comedy called Teachers (on Hulu now) years ago.  He was the main character, younger and with his native accent.  I didn't realize til years later this same guy was our Rick.  I think it was during a ComiCon early in the TWD run when I heard him speak in his real accent that it clicked for me who he was.  Th character couldn't be more different from Rick.

I keep seeing joke posts of Lauren Cohan and JDM as Bruce Wayne's parents in that new Batman/Superman thing, about how they raise Maggie's baby, yuk yuk yuk. I had no idea they even played his parents in the new movie. I really am out of touch.

I saw that Lip Sync Battle between Lauren and Sonequa and usually I find the show very entertaining but this one was just awful.

I saw the Colony and I suffered through the 10 episodes, IMO it was terrible.

19 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't understand why Corey Hawkins is getting so much work.  I don't think he's that good of an actor and the eye-candy factor is missing.

Affordability?

• Love 1

Jon Bernthal will have his own Netflix series this fall, playing Frank Castle aka the Punisher, that eternal pacifist and purveyor of the milk of human kindness.

All joking aside a fantastic role for him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Seth McFarlane has a new show that will air later this year called "The Orville"; it looks like a spoof on the Star Trek series and other space shows/movies.  Chad Coleman has a role; he's playing an alien crew member.  I only found out it was Chad after checking IMDB because his face is totally covered by prosthetics.  

EDIT:  I thought that was Chad in the makeup - that's not him.

Edited by patty1h

According to the local news, Brighton Sharbino (Lizzie) is in my area filming a new movie called 'Urban Country.  They showed some clips of filming at a local horse farm and the local baseball park.  There's not much on imdb.com, but C. Thomas Howell and Lou Diamond Phillips are also in it (those were the only other names I recognized) and from what the local news story says, Sharbino plays a girl who gets in with the wrong crowd, goes to jail and then goes to work on her family's horse farm.  It's slated for 'limited release in 2018'.