Type keyword(s) to search

'90s Hair, B-Movies and British Accents: TWD Cast in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Lennie James played American in HBO's Hung. He was Charlie, a Detroit pimp who ate donuts with a knife & fork. In this 4-minute trailer (all profanity bleeped) he says "thangs." (Not stuff & thangs, just thangs.)

His American cop show, AMC's Low Winter Sun, was also set in Detroit.

Danai Gurira on Law and Order

LawandOrderS20E11Fed0609_zps2ac1878b.jpg

Emma Bell on Law & Order

1713-TalkingPoints0217_zpsce73010a.jpg

Lauren Cohan on Law and Order: SVU

LawOrderSVUS14E180060_zps8535c820.jpg

Michael Rooker on Law & Order

LawandOrderS18E090501_zpsf88eb9d5.jpg

And Jeffrey DeMunn made a lot of appearances:

604-Jeopardy1600_zps0e53d465.jpg

Scott Wilson

1522-SportofKings1911_zps0bd5886f.jpg

Edited by BellaLugosi
  • Love 2

Perfect timing for this thread. I noticed The Reaping was on tonight and decided to DVR it. I haven't seen it since 2009, and lo and behold - here comes David Morrisey! It's so funny, because (to me) these characters are always their WD characters. I'm all, "Ack! It's the Governor! Watch out!"

• Love 2

Seriously?  I kept thinking I knew him from somewhere but that never clicked.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this on The Other Site but since I think it's a great show and he's great in it, check out the British show Line of Duty for Lennie James.  He plays a cop, uses his natural accent (which freaks me out a bit because I know him from here and from Jericho, so I'm more used to his American accents) and he doesn't have to worry about zombies.  The show also has my favourite closing theme.  I listen to that music obsessively before deleting the episode.  There are two seasons but Lennie James only did the first one.  The second one is pretty good too.

• Love 1

The Governor (David Morrissey) starred in "Basic Instinct 2" with Sharon Stone. He was her psychiatrist that she seduced.

Norman Reedus was in Lady Gaga's music video for "Judas". He played a motorcycle-riding post-apocalyptic badass that is similar to his Daryl Dixon persona.

David Morrissey plays Colonel Brandon in the 2007 Sense and Sensibility mini-series. It was so odd seeing him in such a different role!

Andrew Lincoln plays Cathy's husband in the 2009 Wuthering Heights mini-series.

Can you tell I like British dramas? Haha. 

• Love 3

Michael Rooker was a small but pivotal character on Jeremiah.

Funny thing was, Jeremiah and company were survivors of an epidemic that killed anyone who passed puberty (15/16 years earlier), they kept opining that Michael Rookers character was over 50...

edit,

I forgot, I first remember seeing (because I'm sure I saw him elsewhere) David Morrissey in Dr Who.

Edited by LexiconDevilOne

I saw the commercial and had that Hey, I Know Him moment.  Then it clicked.  I was so happy to see him again.  I didn't like Shane, but he's part of The Walking Dead family.  I've had similar reactions to Dale and Lori/their actors.  I haven't seen Laurie Holden yet and I couldn't stand Andrea so I have no idea if I'll feel the warm fuzzies of familiarity for her in a new role.

Major Crimes is the Mary O'Donnell show with Kyra Sedgwick's leftover co-stars from The Closing?  That explains why I haven't seen Andrea then.  I lost that show when I moved and left behind the awesome satellite package of yore.  Of course I wasn't watching it much prior to then either because of the character, Rusty, who grated on me like few characters ever have.

Laurie Holden was also the female cop in Silent Hill, a horror movie based on the video game.

Jon Bernthal was, I believe, Al Capone in Night at the Museum. ETA: Actually, it was the sequel - NATM: Battle of the Smithsonian.

Edited by Disraeli Ears

Anybody watching Once Upon A Time?  Brighton Sharbino (Lizzie) showed up as the young Elizabeth Mitchell, this season's villainess The Snow Queen.  She didn't look at any flowers and she kicked the ass of some guy who tried to kidnap her sisters.

• Love 2

We watched the pilot of Gotham last night, and the fruit hippie is The Penguin. 

It occurs to me how neato it is that I understand this sentence perfectly, yet if I were to, say, post it on FB or leave a note in my office's kitchen, 99% of people would be scratching their heads and saying what the feck is that supposed to mean.

All right, so this post has no substance.  Here's a link to a trailer for a heartwarming and funny show called The Walking Dead.  It's two years old now but it's new to me.

http://www.themarysue.com/the-walking-dead-sitcom/

• Love 3

Chad L. Coleman is playing a woman-beater on SVU. It's blowing my mind. I prefer my sweet pacifist Tyreese.

I'm enjoying seeing Chad portray a range of emotions. Tyreese is so gloomy! As are Michonne, Daryl, Carol… It's almost as jarring as smiley flashback Michonne.

I watched an old Law & Order SVU rerun this evening. One of the minor characters was a heroin addict prostitute. I couldn't figure out where I'd seen her before and then it dawned on me - Morgan's wife! She looked better (and younger) as a walker.

• Love 3

Laurie Holden was in The X Files. She was incredibly good-looking then. I was really looking forward to seeing her in TWD, but after the death of Amy, I found her character really grated. Although I did feel sorry for her getting left behind and presumed dead at the farm.

"Herschel" is on an Amazon pilot called Bosch. The episode is called "Chapter One: 'Tis the Season." It's free to watch the pilot even if you don't have Amazon Prime. The show is really good so far. Herschel plays an M.D. whose dog finds a bone. Small spoiler:

A human bone!!!

Edited by Too Late Kev
  • Love 2

"Herschel" is on an Amazon pilot called Bosch. The episode is called "Chapter One: 'Tis the Season." It's free to watch the pilot even if you don't have Amazon Prime. The show is really good so far. Herschel plays an M.D. whose dog finds a bone. Small spoiler:

A human bone!!!

I wonder if he ever crosses paths with a TWD alum he barely shared the screen with: Madison Lintz (Sophia) plays the main character's daughter.

She talked about it in a comic-con clip posted a while back. Glad that it's coming out now. I like Titus Welliver and the show looks decent.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 1

I wonder if he ever crosses paths with a TWD alum he barely shared the screen with: Madison Lintz (Sophia) plays the main character's daughter.

She talked about it in a comic-con clip posted a while back. Glad that it's coming out now. I like Titus Welliver and the show looks decent.

It's a fantastic show. I binge watched and can't wait for season 2.

Maddy is Sophia? I never would have recognized her. She's really grown up.

• Love 1

It's a fantastic show. I binge watched and can't wait for season 2.

Maddy is Sophia? I never would have recognized her. She's really grown up.

Yeah, I didn't recognize her at first in the comic-con video. I was thinking, "Who is this teenager???" until she or the host made comments that made clear that she had played Sophia.

Thanks for the recommendation - once again my Prime membership will pay off!

• Love 1

I thought we had a thread for cast members in other roles. If this is where those mentions go, Gareth had a small role in last night's Justified.

Thanks for the note; I think Andrew West is a really good actor.

• Love 1

I first saw Danai Gurira in a supporting role in one of my favorite shows: Treme.  (Who knew that David Simon's shows were a pipeline to the AZ, eh?) While I was searching for an image of her from Treme, I came across this entertaining list (click bait, really) of where we've seen some of the TWD actors before. MMB with long curly hair on Dawson's Creek! LOL

• Love 2