Type keyword(s) to search

Lindsay - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Her insulation from consequences really is a problem. I guess in a macro sense, the consequence for her addiction (and addiction-related flakiness) is that she won't book good jobs, but as long as she still has money, that might not bother her so much.

And if she's not using again, then sleeping until 3 or 4 kind of suggests that she's depressed, so maybe they should be dealing with that with a therapist rather than a life coach with a deck of word cards?

• Love 1

Is she still alive?  Has she ODed yet?  Has Oprah withdrawn all her support yet and left Lindsay to rot in the street? Has Dina been taken back home by her lord and master Satan yet? Have more of Michael's out-of-wedlock kids been uncovered?  Does Ali Lohan show any signs of being a trainwreck too?

Talk about the current juicy Lohan bits here.

I am firmly in the Oprah-as-exploiter camp here.  There is something seriously wrong with Lindsay Lohan that needs medical attention.  Trotting out a mentally illl person as a freak, in a cynical bid for a ratings boost for a failing network, is reprehensible. 

• Love 1

Trotting out a mentally illl person as a freak, in a cynical bid for a ratings boost for a failing network, is reprehensible.

I agree but the fact that we're here is proof that, on some level, it's working. Britney, Bieber, Princess Di and the list goes on and on as people cracking under whatever stress they were under while the wolves circled...no, I'm not for a second defending this but it's a fact that rubbernecking is--sadly--a human trait whether it's an actual train wreck or car crash or a human downslide.

Having said that, my reaction to Oprah has gone way the hell down and I was never a huge fan while recognizing and respecting her abilities to accomplish a hell of a career for herself. Speaking of cynical, O is a smart woman, a savvy business woman with an agenda and she knows that this is a win-win thing for her. If L does self destruct to whatever degree she gets ratings. If L doesn't she gets some credit. I'll even go out on a limb and say that I think we all know/suspect that LL will not pull out of the mess she's made of her life, at least not during filming this and have tuned in just for that reason. And, god yes, I include myself in that and certainly don't tell my friends that I watch this thing.

Edited by Beden
And if she's not using again, then sleeping until 3 or 4 kind of suggests that she's depressed, so maybe they should be dealing with that with a therapist rather than a life coach with a deck of word cards?

That's the way I'm looking at it.

Of course, the interesting thing about a show like Lindsay, is that it is SO easy to apply whatever personal exerience I've had with a person who had some sort of mental health/addiction issues to what I'm seeing with this young woman.  Possibly because Lindsay Lohan has so many things that might be wrong with her, that I can just pick and choose off of the LL menu of mental illness.  (I'll take a #2 of alcholism, a number #16 of depression, and how's the #44 bi-polar disorder?)

But what I see are pretty clear symptoms of depression, which as noted in Sarah's article probably led to the boozing. It is VERY Hollywood to send somebody off to rehab and then assume everything will be ready for the comeback, so I think that's what everybody thinks she needed. However it seems to me that they are just treating a symptom when they talk about her addiction issues.

I'm thinking that lots and lots of therapy to start working on the number her parents and her general upbringing did to her would be the first place to start. I simply can't imagine her ever "just growing up and taking control of her life" just because she's 27 and somebody forced some sort of hard reality check on her. I don't think she has any of the tools to deal with day to day life. And only part of that has to do with living a life where people did things for her because she had money and fame. Everyday ordinary people who suffer from the kind of depression I see in her have the same issues getting through life, and display the same sort of self-absorbed behavior she does, and they never had wealth or fame.

Or, you know, maybe she's just a spoiled celebrity who needs to grow up and has me fooled into thinking there is something wrong with her because it benefits her for me to think that way.

Either way.

I know nothing about veneers, but it seemed awfully suspect to me that she had to be that heavily sedated for the procedure. Her assistant, Matt, always seems like he's between wringing his hands with concern about her and being entirely over it. It cracked me up when Lindsay was complaining to the life coach about no one in her management company standing up for her, or she'd be getting roles right and left. She said something like, "after I do one film, the rest will come rolling in." Her reality must be a nice place to live.

I wish they'd filmed Hollie being fired, or asked how Lindsay felt about her second assistant being gone. Chances are the accent lost its novelty for Linds and she didn't really mind. 

I know that people change their personal style, but she is so unrecognizable as the girl from her best roles. I thought that as she was doing the skit with Fallon. On set fits (and questionable talent) aside, that's probably hurting her in terms of roles. She looks like an addict.

I could not get over the way she spoke of her community service at the morgue. "I wasn't helping people!" which smacks of "I wanted this and they didn't give it to me." She seemed so needy with the kids she helped, too. It was really off-putting.

She can't haul her ass out of bed most days till 3pm, but an alleged dental emergency gets her up and going at the crack of dawn. No concern for paparazzi and moving so fast her entourage has to run to keep up. She already put the veneer back on herself (I think she yanked it off on purpose) so she couldn't have been in any pain. She couldn't WAIT to get those drugs.

Unfortunately, I just can't see her long for this earth. She is a mess. I'm not sure why she can't get on a schedule until she has an apartment.

I really feel for everyone dealing with her. Except Cash, he was a creep.

It cracked me up when Lindsay was complaining to the life coach about no one in her management company standing up for her, or she'd be getting roles right and left.

That one moment in the conversation when Lindsay was saying (paraphrased) "I deserve better than the way managmenet is treating me, don't you agree?" and AJ didn't jump right in with "yes, absolutely" and Lindsay got ticked off - that was a weird moment.   The fact is, if her managment is slacking off, it's because her own behavior gave them permission. When she stopped caring about her career, they did too.

• Love 1

L's magangement people/agents stopped dealing actively with her when she stopped being profitable to them. They're not her friends, she'd not their baby sister; they had/have a business relationship based on the agents fielding offers, finding projects, negotiating contracts and all of that. When she stopped being professional, started costing more (in delays, wasted shooting days, endless pissing and moaning and conflicts with costars, directors and producers) than she was worth she became a liability and either her agent/managers dropped her or seriously back burnered her until/if she cleaned herself up.

They won't 'fight' for her until it's worth their time in commissions to do so. Sadly for LL, she isn't capable of understanding or accepting that and so she has another excuse for the mess she's in.

Frankly, I find it hard to believe that she even has an agent at this point since she's obviously unable to handle real work.

And yeah, she's totally using whatever she's using. It might as well be written in neon on her forehead.

The anesthesia cocktail to reattach a veneer was so completely outrageous that I can hardly believe it.

I did have a good laugh at one of the giant boxes in her mess of an apartment labeled "Oversized Buttondowns".

She's so ridiculous - empty, pathetic, immature, spoiled, entitled ....

I can't argue that Lindsay came from a messed up family. She was the bread winner and her parents seemed to be more interested in partying than raising their child. That said, it is always necessary to own one's problems. Tossing blame doesn't resolve anything. Fault aside, it is up to Lindsay alone to solve her problems, but that will never happen until she gains some self awareness. She sees herself as a victim. 

I spend a lot of time with high school athletes, and whenever they feel they are losing due to alleged bad officiating or some other factor, I always tell them that it's impossible to be a victim and a champion at the same time. You have to choose a mindset. You have to control what you can (one's performance), and adjust for what you can't (officiating, weather, etc.). 

Until Lindsay is able to see herself more objectively, she will never move forward in her life, let alone her career. It would also help for her to realize that the behavior she's displaying on this show won't make anyone rush to work with her. 

• Love 2
(edited)

You're absolutely right, 3Farmer. The problem and stumbling block here is that being a victim has worked for L for years now. She escaped any real jail time, she keeps getting second, third, fourth chances, she has endless assisitants to blame her screw ups for, she scams dentists into giving her unneeded drugs, OW gives her reported $2million for tis train wreck of a show while picking up all her expenses and she has ass kissers telling her Dick and Liz and The Canyons are high art.

Until and unless she's held accountable for her mess, she has no reason to own anything betond endless boxes of dated clothing.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

I love this trainwreck of a show. Lindsay is such a mess. Really wish her life coach, or whatever that AJ person is would give her some real home truths about her career and her life.

• Love 1

I came into this assuming that Lindsey was an entitled and delusional woman. I still have that opinion, but I can now understand why. No one around her will tell her the truth and everyone is up her ass. Even her sober coach - who is the one person that is paid to hold her accountable - is kissing Lindsey's ass. I'm sure that's how she was treated in rehab, which means that this poor woman has never really gotten treatment for her addiction(s) and narcissism.

Even the smallest of things - like the idea Lindsey had to get all of her shit out of storage and send it to her mom's house when she didn't have an apartment, then have every item of clothing sent to the apartment, only to have half of it sent back to a storage unit after she had her people hang/fold each individual item. Not a single person told Lindsey that this is literally the least efficient way to move and no one had the courage to propose a different plan. If these hanger-ons and employees can't advise Lindsey on something as simple as moving clothes, I don't imagine these people are capable of giving Lindsey an honest perspective on her work, sobriety, or life choices. 

I absolutely believe Lindsey when she said that industry people are telling her that she is the best actress to ever live and that her name gets brought up for every role. Her world consists entirely of ass-kissers and I don't know that she can change that because having money/fame changes the way people act toward her - which in turn created the Trainwreck Lindsey we know now.

• Love 1

Another one bites the dust. AJ was pretty much useless but I think she tried. Lindsay is a bitch. Stone cold bitch. I can officially say that I care not what happens to her. It's not going to be pretty but I don't give a rats ass. She is a useless waste of space.

• Love 1

I feel a mixture of disgust and pity for this poor bitch. She was a talented actor and could be quite beautiful. It's sad that she cuts off anyone she could have respected and turned to. A typical addict, she thinks she has all the answers and the rest of us are just too stupid to see that she is flailing and failing. AJ's a lifeboat but she won't jump in it. Because then she would really have to give up the drinking and drugging and she clearly has no intention of doing any more than lip service to that. I wish someone would show her RHofBH and tell her Kim Richards is her future...if she's lucky. If she even has a future.

What I found most interesting (and I use the term incredibly loosely) is that LL had the balls--after her wrist slapping by Oprah last week which would have been just a couple of days before I'd think--to sleep through a filming day, refused to allow the cameras into her apartment and then only on a limited basis following that up with refusing to allow the cameras to follow her to LA.

Not surprised by her blowing off that supposed meeting with some studio/film bigwig though she simple cemented her screwup rep as far as that person was concerned. No future there for her and you just know he/she talked about it at lunch/dinner/screenings the next week. Self-destruction? You betcha.

She wasn't drinking that wine, she was reaching for her purse? Puh-lease.

And unload that huge truck to look for her sheets? Seriously? Walk down the street to Bed Bath and Beyond, Ikea, Saks, whatever and buy a damn set you idiots.

K-Mart?!  Delicate Lindsay and her pasty white skin couldn't sleep in anything less than 1000 count silk sheets handwoven by celestial virgins!  

I watch this show in a constant state of befuddlement.  Surely she must see the irony is using her talking head to spout about responsibility and her incredible desire to practice her 'art' and let her 'talent' out to benefit the film industry and then blow off a meeting with a studio executive?  And then I tell myself, I guess her rose colored mirror is irony free.

Did Lyndsay really say that people tell her she's the best actress there is? Because lord knows when I re-watched Winter's Bone the other night my first thought was, "Too bad they didn't cast Lyndsay Lohan!" Actually, I had the same reaction to Gosford Park.

I'm not sad to see AJ go. The last thing an (allegedly) recovering addict needs is one of Oprah's hare-brained lifestyle experts.

Was anyone else shocked that the consignment place took any of her cigarette smoke covered clothes?? I am shocked -- especially since I doubt they had been washed/dry cleaned if she had ever wore them. 

I guess I am in the minority in that I have never thought Lindsay was anything much to look at. I really don't understand why people tell her she is (or was) beautiful. Now that she has years of hard living behind her she is even less attractive. She is skinny-fat and shapeless, too. 

Another thought (that I am sure crossed Matt's mind at least once, too): all of those boxes of old clothes could be taken to a dumpster. There is no way Lindsay remembers what was in them or how many boxes she had. Heck, I do not believe that the missing couches she was describing to the movers actually existed outside of her imagination -- too much brain damage. Just ditching 75% of the boxes of old clothes would eliminate chaos for Lindsay and she'd never know.  

Hey. Aren't the boots the hidden wedge boots that she was looking at in the consignment shop ? Hopefully, Lindsay still has rent $. I have no clue how much money she has, pre or post-Oprah. Lindsay looks well, IMO.

I think the dude she blew off was a record exec at Sony --still, not a smart move. I wish I could find something to like about this chick, but I can't. 

I think even Dina things she's a lost cause. You could hear her trying to convince Lindsay to take the money instead of more clothes. While I think Dina is her own special kind of train wreck, in the few times they've shown her, the expression on her face is one of resign. It's like looking at one of those parents on Intervention when they think their child will never recover.

(edited)

Lindsay gets talked about by selling the clothes at a consignment shop. I say cut out the middleman and sell 'em on eBay like the Kardashians do. The Kardashians get talked about because they only give a small percentage to charity, not for using eBay. Lindsay has better designers and could get a lot more. I think I heard Lindsay mention Prada and Yves St. Laurent.

I laughed when I saw that Lindsay was picking out more stuff from the consignment shop. Been there, done that. I have to say I don't have the clothes she does or a budget to buy them.

if I needed further proof that this show is heavily scripted, I sure got it last night. TLC is known for being one of the most blatant practitioners of product placement. TLC and OWN (at least in part) are both owned by Discovery Communications. I sort of doubt that I'm jumping to conclusions. At one point, the back of the moving truck with the name on it was front and center on the screen for at least twenty seconds or more. There was no effort made to obscure the name that time or any other time that it was shown. One of the employees said something along the lines of "Movie stars. Never again." There were a few other comments from the movers about being there so long and very rarely having to take things back to their facility that IMO were made in order to make Lindsay look bad. I believe that it was scripted. Otherwise, why would the moving company employees say anything at all ? I think that the production company surely got some of the moving company expense comped.

I think that Lindsay got ambushed by AJ when she brought up the topic of her recovery on camera. I've not seen Lindsay in a lot of productions, but from what I've read here and at TWoP, she's not all that great of an actress. She seemed genuinely surprised and upset that AJ would want to talk about certain personal topics on camera. Later on, there was a scene outside of the apartment building with AJ and Lindsay's assistant in which AJ said that she had discussed the topics to be discussed with Lindsay beforehand. I remember how Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner were proven to have have filmed incidents from one of their trips overseas much later on in an effort to throw Kris Humphries under the bus.

I wish Lindsay wouldn't have agreed to this docu-series. I think Oprah is strictly using Lindsay for ratings for what is a failing network. Oprah has a carefully-crafted public image. I remember the series called "Oprah's Big Give" that aired on ABC for awhile. I thought that the right hand isn't supposed to know what the left hand is doing in reference to helping others. In other words, I find Oprah's assertations that she is actually helping Lindsay as being hollow. I doubt that Oprah gets out of bed unless it can be written off as a production expense. I watched an episode of two of Wynonna and Naomi Judd. I watched a lot of the Ryan and Tatum O'Neal series as well. I don't know how long either series was contracted for. I do know that there was only one season of each. I'd love to know how they felt about their own experiences.

I wish Lindsay the best. I really do. I have no reason not to. IMO, she should be working her program in privacy. She's made a lot of bad choices in her life. Choosing to hook up with Oprah is just the latest one.

Edited by Mary

Ah, yes, doing this show will forever cement the fact that (as she is now and has been for quite a while) unemployable, unreliable and a crap actress who is, without question, still an addict.

But--the big but here-- is that it was very likely the only game in town for her and the reported $2 million O paid her, plus picking up all expenses, must have sounded prewtty damn good.

With the level of denial and delusion she seems to have going for her there doesn't seem any realistic good ending in the script for her. Like her or not, sympathize with her or not, give a rat's ass about her or not; unless there's a miracle, that's a tragic reality.

• Love 1
(edited)

This show is just fueling secondhand embarrassment, annoyance and disgust. A.J. the life coach was on my last nerve. She must wake up daily excited that there are new cliches to spout. Being a life coach seems alternately miserable and self-congratulatory to me. Like, you know you're working with people who have no self-awareness, or they would be able to do the things you're teaching them already. And they're employing you because you can be a functional person - out of all the functional people, you are the most functional!  You have candles!

Anyway, I had to laugh when A.J confronted Lindsay about the glass of wine. Uh, A.J. works for Oprah, sweetheart. You sure aren't paying her. And skipping the meeting in LA, taking us on that whole sleep-til-noon "journey"? If she knew that she was acting passive-aggressively toward AJ, why couldn't she cancel the meeting the day she arrived in LA? You don't do yourself any favors, Lindsay. 

Has anyone noticed that Lindsay talks so much that she loses any possible point in the sentence? She has to be using.

I find it strange that assistant Matt never says "I'm sorry," when he's explaining why Lindsay won't let them film/insists someone scour the moving van for her sheets. I need to know someone in her midst recognizes that her behavior is deplorable.

Edited by JanetMacklin
  • Love 1

This show makes me curious to know where the line is between "protecting" the addict's sobriety and wrapping the addict in bubblewrap so nothing bad happens, ever.  Everyone, including Lindsay herself, seems to believe that if she gets upset or stressed or pressured, it's bad for her sobriety and triggers her to use. I understand that much. But isn't part of the recovery process about learning how to handle things that make her unhappy or uncomfortable?  Isn't that part of why she had a coach?  So she could learn those things? Dealing with the move could've been therapeutic in a way. Get off your ass and prove that you can accomplish something! Anything!

I wanted to applaud when AJ walked. You could practically see the lightbulb go on over her head when she realized that Lindsay isn't a recovering addict, she just plays one (badly) on tv. I felt bad for AJ. She's probably very successful with clients who WANT her help, and WANT to change.  I'm sure she walked into this thinking she was going to make a difference with Lindsay...and then Lindsay completely blew her mind with the rudeness, disrespect and  lack of professionalism. AJ had this look on her face like she could not even wrap her mind around it. My guess is she doesn't have many (if any) addicts in her regular clientele.

This week's show was such a perfect example of how Lindsay continues to use her sobriety as a "get out of jail free" card. What she doesn't understand is every time she chooses to be unprofessional, those choices have consequences, whether sobriety is the reason for them or not.  So when she misses appointments, cancels shooting, or blows off an obligation, nobody is thinking "Oh good for her. I'd rather be stood up than to see Lindsay go on a bender." They're just thinking "typical Lindsay, wasting my time and money."

• Love 2
A.J. the life coach was on my last nerve. She must wake up daily excited that there are new cliches to spout.

I couldn't agree more. The woman can barely string a sentence together and her new age word salad was really starting to grate. It was painfully obvious that she wants to appear enlightened and sage-like, but doesn't have the background to back that up. I don't think SHE even believes the gibberish she spouts. Lighting candles in a room stuffed with boxes to create harmony? Yeah, that totally makes it better, and bonus points for adding open flames to the chaos.

I keep wondering if A.J. was cast in Lindsay's show as a trial run before she pitches a reality show or a talk show of her own. She's equal parts smarmy and ditzy, but I suppose that's not necessarily a barrier to getting on tv. The assistant had to have been cast as well, though can't figure out why he'd want publicity. Maybe he just likes the attention.

Is anyone else strongly reminded of the show The Comeback? It's Lisa Kudrow's spoof of reality tv. It's about a washed up actress who's trying to get back into the game - she fights with the film crew, is relentlessly narcissistic, throws fits, etc. If you haven't seen it, it's worth checking out.

I have to keep reminding myself that Lindsay didn't choose rehab or make the decision to get sober -- it was forced on her in lieu of jail. No wonder she doesn't truly care about staying clean. For her it wasn't a choice between sobriety and health - it was a choice between rehab and jail. She learned how to use the language of recovery to keep everyone around her doing what she wants them to do - but that's all.

She never wanted sobriety in the first place. 

• Love 2

Again this week I am on Lindsey's side. AJ was so wrong to bring up topics on camera that Lindsey clearly wanted to keep private. AJ was never concerned about Lindsey, AJ was using her for publicity. That was such a breach of trust and respect, but of course, OWN portrays Lindsey as the unreliable and irresponsible flake when she doesn't want AJ or the OWN cameras around her after AJ pulled that stunt.

And what's up with the life coach, the personal assistant, and the sobriety coach talking shit about their client to Amy Rice and to the cameras? Yet none of them can say anything to her face. There is no loyalty or confidentiality there. Clearly she is surrounded by people who can't give two fucks about her. That would certainly drive me to drink.

• Love 1

I have to keep reminding myself that Lindsay didn't choose rehab or make the decision to get sober -- it was forced on her in lieu of jail. No wonder she doesn't truly care about staying clean. For her it wasn't a choice between sobriety and health - it was a choice between rehab and jail. She learned how to use the language of recovery to keep everyone around her doing what she wants them to do - but that's all.

She never wanted sobriety in the first place. 

I totally agree. As an alternative to jail it's a no-brainer, especially as California seems to have a plethora of rehab places that look like 5star hotels to me. Whatever happened to the Betty Ford way? Shared rooms and chores?

This programme fascinates me in a sort of put your hand over your face sort of way. Lindsay hasn't even a glimmer of self awareness about being an addict. She's playing a role, that's all. The fake squeeze them tears out after AJ confronted her was telling, but bare faces lying about drinking when she knew she was being filmed? I don't particularly like AJ, I save my warmth for poor trod upon Matt (whose body language and eyes are a lesson in what he really thinks about her) but he'll move on to better pastures. I know she's got rid of the sober coach and AJ backed off, but is Matt still with her? I cant remember if I read that he'd left as all her entourage had been paid for by Oprah.

I have to admit that I cracked up at the shenanigans in the high end trade in store. Way to go Lynds. Only spent $500. You were supposed to be selling stuff not trading it in for another load of stuff she'll never wear. I wonder how many sheets you could get for that $4k? She just hasn't a clue about real life. THAT'S what she needs from a Life Coach. A 101 course in basic, everyday living.I cant see her ever resurrecting her career. This little venture has backfired spectacularly. Nobody would want to hire her after her antics shown, and who knows what was left on the cutting room floor?

I laughed myself silly at the mother from hell, dolled up to the nines and with immaculate makeup being told to just sit down. Do you think the PTB have instructions that Dina not have any air time. If so that must be killing her.

Basically it's so very sad. Lindsay's next gig has to be "Hoarders". That, apparently is a mental health problem and I truly believe that Lindsay is one very damaged individual who has been surrounded by ass lickers and the worst parents she could have had. No wonder she comes across as such a narcissistic bitch.

Again this week I am on Lindsey's side. AJ was so wrong to bring up topics on camera that Lindsey clearly wanted to keep private. AJ was never concerned about Lindsey, AJ was using her for publicity. That was such a breach of trust and respect, but of course, OWN portrays Lindsey as the unreliable and irresponsible flake when she doesn't want AJ or the OWN cameras around her after AJ pulled that stunt.

And what's up with the life coach, the personal assistant, and the sobriety coach talking shit about their client to Amy Rice and to the cameras? Yet none of them can say anything to her face. There is no loyalty or confidentiality there. Clearly she is surrounded by people who can't give two fucks about her. That would certainly drive me to drink.

Isn't the show supposed to be about her path back to fame and her struggles? If they can't talk about her sobriety there would not be a show. There should not be an expectation of confidentiality when you star in a reality show, it's the nature of the beast. She didn't have a gun to her head to agree to this and she was reportedly well compensated. I save my sympathy for the PA.

• Love 4

Tally1068 said:

"I know she's got rid of the sober coach and AJ backed off, but is Matt still with her? I cant remember if I read that he'd left as all her entourage had been paid for by Oprah.

I have to admit that I cracked up at the shenanigans in the high end trade in store. Way to go Lynds. Only spent $500. You were supposed to be selling stuff not trading it in for another load of stuff she'll never wear. I wonder how many sheets you could get for that $4k? She just hasn't a clue about real life. THAT'S what she needs from a Life Coach. A 101 course in basic, everyday living.I cant see her ever resurrecting her career.?"

Supposedly, Matt left after the show because she couldn't pay him out of her own pocket (Oprah stopped paying after filming).

ITA about the life coach. I know there are a lot of airy-fairy ones out there, but what Lindsay needs is someone who will be blunt and practical. Of course, she can't afford one now. Not with all the shopping she needs to do.

Edited by Rhondinella
fixed quote problem

And what's up with the life coach, the personal assistant, and the sobriety coach talking shit about their client to Amy Rice and to the cameras? Yet none of them can say anything to her face. There is no loyalty or confidentiality there. Clearly she is surrounded by people who can't give two fucks about her.

These people aren't her friends, they're people hired by Oprah's production company to help with filming, be it as LL's assistant, life coach or whatever. I gather that they're professionals who have reasonably decent resume's and likely future job offers. They're doing their jobs or are trying to. LL is the fuck up here; she signed a contract and accepted money to appear in a reality show supposedly about her rehab and career revival. Oprah's people are trying to help her achieve that; LL made it impossible on every level. I don't see how they owe her loyalty and any confidentiality went out the window when the cameras moved in.

No one but herself to blame, not that she'd buy that. And yeah, appearing on Letterman just reinforced her delusion that she still matters and is a Hollywood player. Why would Matt, AJ or the director give two fucks about her? She made their lives hell.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 2

As someone who adores both the Parent Trap and Freaky Friday (remake) I want to watch this show, but my appreciation of pre-train wreck Lindsay prevents me from doing so.

What are the chances that Dennis Quaid, Liam Neeson (stand in for Natasha Richardson), Jaime Lee Curtis and Mark Harmon show up for an intervention? That would get me to tune in.

She definitely needed a tough life coach.   One who will set a schedule for her and make her stick to it.   Like:

8 a.m. get up, shower, get dressed have breakfast.

9 a.m.  spend 1 hour sorting through the boxes tossing or donating anythng you haven't worn or used in at least 2 years.   Lindsay must do it herself not have an assistant do the work.   Anything kept must be put in its rightful place, by Lindsay.  No acquiring new things until all the boxes are sorted.

10 - Noon - volunteer

Noon - lunch

Afternoon -- take an acting class, attend an AA meeting, etc.

Dinner

Bed at a reasonable hour.

The minute Lindsay started playing games, the coach should have cracked down.   None of this airy fairy crap about being serene and what a beautiful day it is to get back on track.   If Lindsay is sleeping until 4 she ain't seeing the beautiful day anyway.

• Love 3