Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Test: Have You Taken It?

Ffiferoo
  • Start Topic

Both of my brothers got auditions!  Go, GimmickGenius & TeeEffEm!

Neither I nor my sisters have heard anything yet (although I had auditions in 2006 & 2008, so they may be tired of me.)  But show.....I've lost some weight, gotten a great haircut, and had my teeth fixed -- I'm telegenic  now!  Lolololol

I guess J! can't very well do a "Siblings Week" (a  la  WoF) because we don't actually want to compete against one another.  Of course, we'd make a kickass Family Feud team (any combo of us!)

• Love 11
(edited)

Don't be too sure about that Family Feud thing. You don't have to be smart for that one; you have to think like 100 surveyed people - and they're pretty dumb, on the average. I've been watching old Dawson versions on Buzzr and the answers "Survey Says" are, on the whole, not too bright.  The few times I've watched the new Steve Harvey version, they're even dumber.

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Don't be too sure about that Family Feud thing. You don't have to be smart for that one; you have to think like 100 surveyed people - and they're pretty dumb, on the average. I've been watching old Dawson versions on Buzzr and the answers "Survey Says" are, on the whole, not too bright.  The few times I've watched the new Steve Harvey version, they're even dumber.

On the celeb edition this week, they had one answer left in the "name an animal that bathes itself," and nobody could guess it. Turns out three surveyed geniuses said "dog."

• Love 3

Thanks guys! I'm in TX and got a call a couple of days ago that the audition in Austin will be rescheduled because of Harvey. I'm a bit relieved as it was on Sept. 13 and I've only just started a new job...I'll keep you posted on the new date...

• Love 3

Got this email from the Jeopardy folks today:

Thanks for taking our Jeopardy! Online Test earlier this year. I want to let you know that just because you may not have heard from us, you shouldn't lose faith. Although we have conducted follow-up auditions in several cities, we still have many more to do in the next few months. So, keep a good thought AND remember; there is a random selection process for those in-person tryouts. Even if you do not hear from us it doesn't necessarily mean that you did not do well, only that you weren't selected.

In the meantime, I want to encourage you to watch our new season of shows that begins September 11.

Thanks again,

Alex Trebek

Random selection process?! Since when?!

Edited by secnarf
formatting
On 9/7/2017 at 9:09 PM, secnarf said:

Got this email from the Jeopardy folks today:

Random selection process?! Since when?!

I don't think this is anything new. Out of the people who pass the online test, they contact some, randomly, for in-person testing.

On 2017-09-11 at 8:05 PM, dcalley said:

I don't think this is anything new. Out of the people who pass the online test, they contact some, randomly, for in-person testing.

The way the email is written, it sounds like as long as you do the online test, beyond that it is all 'random selection'. That is what surprised me.

23 minutes ago, secnarf said:

The way the email is written, it sounds like as long as you do the online test, beyond that it is all 'random selection'. That is what surprised me.

Got it. I just looked at an email my husband received after taking the test, and it said "If you passed the test, we'll contact you to schedule an audition." Yikes, no, that is not what happens. Whoever's writing the emails is not doing so well. Maybe they're emphasizing the random aspect now to compensate for that past error and are overcompensating.

• Love 1

I've taken a couple of practice tests. I plan on taking the official test tonight, but I thought you had to pick which day you wanted to take the test. When I go to the site, I don't see the option of choosing one. I'm going to go back and look again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I've taken a couple of practice tests. I plan on taking the official test tonight, but I thought you had to pick which day you wanted to take the test. When I go to the site, I don't see the option of choosing one. I'm going to go back and look again.

You pick, but you don't need to tell them ahead of time IIRC. You just log on at whatever time you wish.

• Love 3

Yes thanks for that info! I was trying to figure out if I was *actually* signed up because it wasn't letting me pick a date and I could swear it made me choose one last time I took it. Good luck to all PTV test-takers!

• Love 1

I took it tonight, also. Def missed a few, but I might have done okay.

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Yes thanks for that info! I was trying to figure out if I was *actually* signed up because it wasn't letting me pick a date and I could swear it made me choose one last time I took it. Good luck to all PTV test-takers!

If I recall correctly, initially you had to pick a date/time on the online tests,but they no longer have that requirement.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MortysCleaningLady said:

Me too.  Feel like I got my normal 35ish.   Oh well,   Completely blanked on the popera star and I can see him in my head!!

I saw "blind Italian tenor" and figured it must be Bocelli? I had no clue for the vice president to president one, I figured he succeeded Harrison but I didn't know who he was.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I saw "blind Italian tenor" and figured it must be Bocelli? I had no clue for the vice president to president one, I figured he succeeded Harrison but I didn't know who he was.

Since WH Harrison was famous for the Battle of Tippecanoe, his veep was TYLER too!  I'm glad I remembered Bocelli's name (I kept wanting to say VOcelli, like the pizza place!)

Got 45, I believe.

Missed The Alchemist (not a clue), La Raza (ditto), Giants (said Dodgers), Think Different (total brain fart), and Jessica Jones/Defenders.  And The Defenders was an answer on tonight's show!  Of course, TheWildBoar was watching The Flash in the next room, and he couldn't come up with her name either.

• Love 2

I got 36 right, based on the jboard list, and it would have been 37 if I’d thought of Class Action a few seconds earlier and had time to type more than “Cla”.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I need to go check out the questions/answers. There were two that I knew but just couldn't get out of my mind to my fingers. However, I feel that I did better than before, so now I'm off to check....

Boo hiss. I missed more than I realized. 16. One I had completed misread. For two of them, I simply had no idea. Some others made me feel ashamed when I saw the answers.

Edited by peeayebee
checked the answers
  • Love 2

I took it Wednesday night.  Based on the Jboard list, I got at least 37, maybe 38 (because I truly can't remember if I typed Yosemite or Yellowstone) but so much for my chances this go round.  I did try to take some good luck vibes from the fact that Detroit was one of the interview cities and that the very last question was from one of by dream categories (Broadway) and the answer was one of my all time favorites (Chicago) but it was not enough. 

• Love 2

On Wednesday’s test, was the answer for the architect question Frank Lloyd Wright, or I.M. Pei?  Or neither, but those are the only two famous architects I know of.

Also, I have never heard the name Edmund Spenser in my life.

• Love 1

I missed 18.  Ordinarily I'd be upset, but I'm old, and 15 seconds goes by fast.  What really ticks me off is that I recently read a book featuring the explorer clue and I still missed it. 

Oh well.  I'd ace the $200 questions. 

• Love 3

Well, that was humbling.  35 won't get me anywhere.  I had a good run of 10 in a row in the middle, but then I guessed the wrong commie leader of a 1966 crackdown,  My (lack of) knowledge of poetry and literature cost me several questions.  On the plus side, I got the Office Space question ... and if the show could go ahead and have a whole category devoted to the movie ... that would be great.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

I took it tonight, and it looks like I got 35.  That's better than I've done in the past, but I don't know if that's near good enough.

It should be, because just now I got an email saying that I passed, and I missed 18 (so a 32 score, which is about all the math I'm capable of). 

• Love 5

I took the first day's test and will share some of my many boo-boo's.

I didn't know anything about the book The Alchemist, so the author and plot description meant zilch to me. 

I didn't know the discoverer of x-rays, but hopefully I will now remember Wilhelm Rontgen.

I could not bring to mind Goosebumps or Andrea Bocelli. I knew both but... ARGH!

Instead of chalet, I said A-frame.

The second after I submitted bull for a downturn in the stock market, I knew it was actually bear.

I didn't know, or had forgotten, that c in E=mc squared stands for speed of light. I can't remember what ignorant response I gave.

And there's lots more. I'm always so disappointed in myself after taking these tests. :(

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Thanks, @AuntiePam!  I didn't know they sent e-mails to let you know you passed.

I don't believe they do. The email just says you took it and that if you passed and are selected to audition, they'll contact you.

• Love 2

Yes, that's the e-mail I received a short time after the test, it said "Jeopardy! doesn't reveal test scores.  If you pass the test and are selected for an audition, we'll contact you with details."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Moose135 said:

Yes, that's the e-mail I received a short time after the test, it said "Jeopardy! doesn't reveal test scores.  If you pass the test and are selected for an audition, we'll contact you with details."

You're right.  It was the "Congratulations - you did it!" that confused me.  Oops.

• Love 3