Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Test: Have You Taken It?

Ffiferoo
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, mojoween said:

There was an algebra question.  Objectively I knew what they were looking for but 15 seconds was not nearly long enough.

And the answer you were looking for was: y=3

I took it this evening as well -- thought I did pretty good.  

Completely whiffed on 2 questions -- never even answered them.  Still can't think of the answers -- will have to go look them up.
Children's literature is definitely not my forté.

Maxed out male bovine = full bull -- that was my answer as the category was rhyme time, so that was all I got.

Full bull was what I said too.  There was another question I left completely blank, I think it was the children's lit one also.

When I said the algebra question to my husband after the test he knew it in about three seconds.

I was super stoked to get a category called quarterbacks.  More of that please.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, mojoween said:

There was an algebra question.  Objectively I knew what they were looking for but 15 seconds was not nearly long enough.

I hate math, but I got that one right, although I wasn't sure.

Checking the answers provided online by someone, I got only 29. There were a few I did not even guess at. I hated just sitting there watching the seconds tick by telling me "You're dumb, dummy." Other questions, like the EM Forster one, I knew but just couldn't remember. There were a few questions I took horrible guesses at. 

Oh well. I still like doing it.

• Love 1

I took it tonight. Many of the questions I thought were pretty quick to come to me, but I didnt know some. I couldn't decide between Emerson and Thoreau, and time ran out, so I ended up with Thor. Maybe they'll take pity on me. Unless it's Emerson. ;-)  I REALLY need to know more about popular culture!

On 7/16/2016 at 6:44 PM, 3 is enough said:

Interesting fact: I was talking to one of the other prospective contestants who was back for his second try.  He said that at his first audition after the written test they called out a couple of people and they went outside and did not return.  I guess they bombed the written test.  Never occurred to me, but I guess some people have a whole bunch of "helpers" when they take the online test.  There is not enough time to google anything, but if you have your pub quiz team standing by they could certainly help with the answers.  No one in my group was asked to leave.  There were about 24 people in my group, and there were 2 other auditions today.

I realize I'm replying to an old post, but I don't usually check this board...

Anyway, I do find that interesting. I've auditioned twice and never seen that happen. Then again, I did figure the written test was to ensure that the person auditioning is the same person who took the online tests.

I also auditioned in the old days, pre online tests. Then it was just written test, and a certain number (about 10%) would be asked to stick around. I was never one of those people, which gave me an indication of how well I did back in the day.

9 minutes ago, helpmerhonda said:

I took the test in October and thought I did terribly. Today I got an email inviting me to an audition in Chicago. Woo hoo!

This will be my second audition, so at least I will know what to expect.

Congratulations! Stand up straight, speak loudly and clearly, and kick butt!

• Love 3

Don't sway back and forth. Don't go crazy with the buzzer or hold it like the Statue of Liberty. Don't start your sentences with "so" or use "like" too much. Don't be over-bubbly or boring. But most of all, relax and have fun!

I keed, I keed. Best of luck. How exciting!

• Love 5

Talk loudly! They get frustrated with quiet contestants.

They'll ask what you would do with a lot of money if you earn it. Come up with something fun. So many people were boring - droned on about college funds and paying off bills. They're looking for other stuff. I said, and I am completely serious, that I would buy heated sidewalks for my building that would melt the Chicago snow. Someone else said a facelift.

Have fun!

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh poop, I'm gonna be out of town that week. I doubt the test is easy to take on a cell phone. Anyone tried it?

There is a note for the practice tests:

"The newly redesigned test is now accessible from tablets and smart devices, but we strongly encourage users to employ desktop or laptop computers with a stable keyboard and dependable internet connection."

Maybe that also applies to the actual test?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, secnarf said:

There is a note for the practice tests:

"The newly redesigned test is now accessible from tablets and smart devices, but we strongly encourage users to employ desktop or laptop computers with a stable keyboard and dependable internet connection."

Maybe that also applies to the actual test?

I will look into it! I won't have access to a real computer unless I go to a local library or something, which I don't want to do while I'm on vacation.

10 hours ago, mojoween said:

Not even for Jeopardy!?

Just think, that could be your story for your contestant interview!

Oh, man, I hope I could scrape up a better story than that! I went to a very strange college, so I have seen some...*things* in my day.

I also signed up for the semiannual reminder that I have no business mocking contestants  (although it only stops me for a day or two). ?  I tried the test on a tablet a couple of years ago because my computer crashed just before the date.  My problem was typing fast enough but someone else might be skillful enough for it to work.  Good luck to all who dare to try.

• Love 2

Test starts tonight!  I usually pick Wednesday's but I think I'll get the failure over with early this year, as long as it stops thunder storming and my hubby lets me use his computer.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Yikes.  If I got ten right I will call it a victory.  Why is it when you know something but need to know it right then somehow you forget everything you ever knew?

I felt like that too. It was definitely a rough one for me.

• Love 3
(edited)

I took it today and think I did pretty well :) then I googled contestant/audition stories, and it's surprising to hear how during the auditions they want peppy, quick, charismatic people; a lot of contestants on TV don't seem that way at all, but maybe it's just nerves/stage fright.

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 1

My first thought for FJ was West Point because I knew a lot of the officers on b9th sides came from there but than realized that wasn't a state school so switched to U VA with enough time.

• Love 1

And you can take the test in 13 minutes!!  That ad Alex is doing promoting this is SO unrealistic. Eat a half-gallon of ice cream in 13 minutes?  It takes me a half-hour just to get through a 13-ounce "pint" of Haagen-Dazs. HOW the hell can you ENJOY a half-gallon in only 13 minutes. You really have to be scarfing it & not tasting it at all!!!

• Love 3

Glad I took it - doubt I did well enough to qualify.  Started out pretty strong but got hung up on a few and couldn't even guess.  I too want to track down the board that shares answers because a couple of them are irritating my brain.  Good luck to all takers!

• Love 1

I look Tuesday's. I think I got 13 or 14 wrong. Went through Wed's tonight, and got about 7 wrong. Maybe I should have taken it then. (Then again, I was very tired...may had done badly in real time.)

• Love 1

I took it tonight. I don't feel completely stupid (as I usually do), nor do I feel like I aced it. I can't wait for the questions to come out and check how I did.

There were two questions I very much appreciated, given my avatar: Who won the World Series in 2016, and which PAC-10 university is in Evanston, Illinois? Thank you to the J! gods. At least I got two correct.

• Love 3

Just finished taking the test -- went pretty well.  Completely blanked on 3 questions. D'oh !

And for some reason I could not come up with Pantone for the color system until the last second, and managed to type out 'pant'.  So, part marks maybe ? :)  

One question threw me -- category was Anagrammed Cities -- and the clue was 'bag ron, a city in Maine' and I was thrown because I thought the whole sentence was the anagram not just the first two words, but managed to get Bangor typed out at the last second.

• Love 1
On 6/3/2017 at 1:40 AM, Phebemarie said:

I was surprised at how much easier it seemed this year. 

I'm starting to think that each time I take it. Don't know if that's due to the test or due to me. Probably a bit of both.

NB: The first two times I took the test, it was on paper, not online.

• Love 1