Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Test: Have You Taken It?

Ffiferoo
  • Start Topic

It's entirely possible that I'm too stupid for this show. I have forgotten the password that I used to register, and there's no way to log on and test the password ahead of time. Good grief.

ETA: I thought I was in luck. In the reminder e-mail I received tonight, there was a link to retrieve lost password.  However, when I was given the option to reset my password, I typed in the new password, clicked the "reset" button, and nothing happened.  I have tried over and over, both on my phone and on my desktop computer.  The page just sits there with my new password typed in.  

I guess if it's meant to be, some password will work tomorrow night.

Edited by Abstract
  • Love 3

Same thing happened to me! Very frustrating. I'm going to try to register for tomorrow. ETA: I just got in! The secret is not to keep hitting "submit" even though the screen doesn't do anything. I'm taking the test in 4 minutes!

Edited by mookster
And the tv/movie questions (which I bet lots of people knew) weren't in my comfort zone!

You're not alone.  I don't watch 'Scandal', so I didn't know what TV show Fitzgerald Grant was the president.  Had to look it up afterwards.

• Love 1

And "You Oughta Know" came to me when Alex thanked me for playing.

I gave Alanis credit for better spelling and grammar -- hope they accept "Ought to!"  Missed Estonia, Outlander, Buster Keaton, & Android.

But assuming #6 is Forum (rather than Curia Julia), I got 45/50 :-) :-) :-)

Edited by The Wild Sow
  • Love 1

I missed Outlander, Android (total brain-fart), Buster Keaton, Matisse, & the capital of Estonia.  Which is Tallinn!  Not Sofia, and not Riga.

Trusting that they accept a misspelled "Medeal" of Honor, Graphic singular rather than GraphicS plural, and that Uncle Joey "Ought To" know how ticked off Alanis is  -- I feel pretty confident :-)

I missed Android, Buster Keaton, the Greek god of war, You Oughtta Know, and the capital of Estonia, but by George, I got Scandal in a heartbeat. Shame on me.

I remember femur, Bull Run, Gorbachev, Glass Menagerie, sodium, and ion.

Edited by Abstract

I failed. Couldn't even pass a NY state Regents test with my score.

On to next year! Although, with my poor showing on the Sports Jeopardy! test and now this, maybe actually being a contestant is just not my bag.

Is there a pop culture Jeopardy!? I would probably totally ace that.

I got 43 out of 50, if they accept graphic in place of graphics, and my butchered spelling of Tallin and the Glass Menagarie.  I found the list of questions (but not the answers!) on the Jeopardy Facebook page, with lots of comments about the probable answers. In the comments, several folk said that, in past years, one had to score in the mid-30s to low-40s to get invited to the interview round.

I assume that Wednesday's and Thursday's tests will have a different set of questions.

Stay tuned, Tuesday test takers. Apparently there was some tech issue that meant some people saw the test ahead of time (and some people had glitches for the first one or two questions apart from that). I wouldn't be surprised if there's a do-over, but who knows what will happen. My husband, who's been in the pool twice, took it, so we'll definitely be curious to see if they have to toss it out.

Well, 40/50 probably is not going to make the cut. It was fun trying though!

I tried out for the show back in the nineties when they went around to different cities to give the test. You had to apply by snail mail then if they wanted to test you, you got a reply with the date & time to take the test. I was selected to take the test and there were about 100 people in my session. You had to get 75% of the answers correct to be invited to stay for the interview & play a mock game, I guess to see how you'd perform under pressure. Out of 100 who took the test in my session, only 9 of us passed the written test, which was surprising to me since my thought was that a trivia & Jeopardy buff would do well. I think our test had more than 50 questions, but it's been a while so I may be wrong about that.

Anyway, I feel like if you got 80% you did well.

Me either.  I totally tanked, and when I didn't tank I choked.  A good number of answers I knew, but for some reason could not spit them out (via the fingers, that is). If it'd been on TV instead of the computer, I'd be Cindy Brady staring at that red light, lookin' dumb. 

Edited by harrie
  • Love 1

You guys crack me up. I tanked too, my brain completely left me. Many answers I could picture in my head but the WORD wouldn't come to me much less to my typing fingers. But still, I would have been disappointed in myself if I didn't at least try. A friend took the written test in LA many years (more like decades) ago so I knew the questions were hard, and contained none of the clues that are stuck in for the tv show. Which, I believe, makes the answers easier so people at home can feel smart.

Looking at the FB page, however, the second day had the questions I would have done best on. (I did third day.) If I could only see into the future!

Fish, I overlooked the category name for the first part of the test, too. DUH! when I figured out I needed to be reading that to help with answers!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Is anyone taking the Sports Jeopardy! online test? I cannot find anywhere what time it is and I'm trying to plan my evening. I'm thinking I saw it was 10:35 PST but I would like to be sure.

Abstract and j5cochran, you guys ROCK! Be sure to keep us posted on what the auditions are like. I can't wait to hear, and I hope I get to see you both on the show. I promise I won't rank on you if you over-buzzer press or rock and weave on your standing box! Good luck and more good luck to you both.

I promise I won't rank on you if you over-buzzer press or rock and weave on your standing box!

Just don't jump around the board, or we will snark on you!  Good luck to you both!

• Love 1

Is anyone going to the audition in Kansas City?  I am hoping to be there!  They sent me a confirmation email earlier this week.  I've auditioned twice before and didn't make it, so I'm hoping the third time is the charm.

I have a cat who needs 2x daily injections of insulin, and I haven't gone anywhere since he was diagnosed, so it all depends on whether I can find a catsitter willing to give him shots. (When he was healthy, my auditions were a 20-minute bus ride away, not two states away. Darn the luck.)

• Love 2
(edited)

Exciting, Chicago! Good luck. You must go. Try your vet or another vet for boarding, they have no problem giving those shots. Unless your cat is really social, he/she could run/hide from someone unknown anyway, if left at home. Your vet might also be able to recommend someone to cat sit, like maybe one of the vet techs.

Meanwhile, practice your buzzer skills!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

Is anyone going to the audition in Kansas City?  I am hoping to be there!  They sent me a confirmation email earlier this week.  I've auditioned twice before and didn't make it, so I'm hoping the third time is the charm.

I have a cat who needs 2x daily injections of insulin, and I haven't gone anywhere since he was diagnosed, so it all depends on whether I can find a catsitter willing to give him shots. (When he was healthy, my auditions were a 20-minute bus ride away, not two states away. Darn the luck.)

I'd willingly cat sit but I'm even further away. You'd need to swing by Colorado to drop him off. I've had two diabetic cats. I used to board them at my vet's if I ever needed to be away.

Good luck!

• Love 2

Yeah, I wish I was close enough to help you out -- two diabetic cats under my belt.

Check with your vet's office if any of the techs or assistants do pet sitting; many of them do to supplement their income.  That way your kitty can remain in the comfort of his own home, and you know the person doing the testing and injecting knows their stuff and is trustworthy.

Good luck.

• Love 2

A belated thanks for the likes and congratulations. And if anyone knows a great educational website for brushing up on geography and world leaders, I am all ears. It is probably too much to hope that I get a lot of audition questions on the Bible, current country music, and Jane Austen. 

I promise that if I get on the show, I will not say "True Daily Double," I will remain still and calm with my buzzer technique, and I will shorten category names and leave off the "please, Alex." I apologize in advance for the boring chat-with-Alex segment, though.

• Love 3

That was awesome. Lots of fun. I was amused because the woman running the audition kept telling everyone the same thing we talk about here: say the category name and dollar amount quickly, don't be polite, don't say please. Did people listen? Nooooo.

I felt good about my written test and really good about the mock game, but awkward and timid in the interview.

Based purely on the "what makes good tv" perspective, I'll make a prediction that Joe the good-looking firefighter gets on the show at some point.

• Love 5