Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: I'll Remember

Damon killed himself to bring everyone back including "the blond kid"(Luke). Liv was doing the spell and started to get a nose bleed, please Bonnie had about 287584 nosebleeds. She wasn't dying but Luke freaked and stopped the magic early so yes it was Luke's fault Damon got stuck.

So while the MF group is definately selfish, Luke and Liv are too, so I don't cut them much slack.

Who is the one that killed Luke to force Liz to do the spell to begin with? Oh yeah Caroline. And yeah his sister was dying. So yeah I think Mystic Falls group wins the most selfish contest in this case. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Yah, I guess my deal is I've never seen Elena as particularly emotionally strong. I mean she was barely able to deal with her parents' death until she "found" Stefan(except actually he found(stalked) her). She latched on to Stefan pretty quick and while she did pay lip service to not getting into his drama that lasted like a nano second. From then on she never has processed any of her grief ever b/c she always went on the to the next supernatural crisis. She has buryed grief forever and now she is to a place where it is all piled up and she doesn't have a guy to latch onto.

Yah, I guess my deal is I've never seen Elena as particularly emotionally strong. I mean she was barely able to deal with her parents' death until she "found" Stefan(except actually he found(stalked) her). She latched on to Stefan pretty quick and while she did pay lip service to not getting into his drama that lasted like a nano second. 

I don't think we saw enough of Elena before she met Stefan to really know how she was dealing with grief beforehand.  She met him partway through the first episode and started a relationship with him in the second episode.  Unless you interpret the speed on which she decided to go out with Stefan as a sign of how well she was handling grief.

I don't think we saw enough of Elena before she met Stefan to really know how she was dealing with grief beforehand.  She met him partway through the first episode and started a relationship with him in the second episode.  Unless you interpret the speed on which she decided to go out with Stefan as a sign of how well she was handling grief.

To me it was inferred by the way Bonnie, Caroline and Matt were treating her when the show started. They were all tip toeing around her and whispery behind her back, like "how is she really" I always felt like they were treating her as if she was fragile and in fact always have since then aided by Damon and Stefan.

What if this is all intentional?  What if Julie Plec and Caroline Dries intended to give Elena this characterization once she became a vampire because this has always been lurking under the surface the same way Klaus' insecurity about his power has always been apart of him?  What if her inability to process difficult emotions and her emotional myopia is supposed to be her flaw the way Klaus' flaw is his default use of brute strength to get his way and lack of empathy driven by 1000 years of running away from Mikael, or Damon's flaw is his sadism and impulsive behavior, or Rebekah's flaw is her teenage-like fixation on "love", or Stefan's flaw is his inability to acknowledge that the brutal Ripper is a part of him and not some foreign consciousness that takes over his body? 

Maybe this is a way to showcase how vampires can become fixated on certain emotions in undeath and how it can make them drastically different from how they were as a human.

Yeah, no I see that for sure. But that's what I meant when I said "It's character regression on a level I'm not sure I've ever seen. And while that might be semi-interesting to explore on an academic level, it's frustrating as hell to watch." Personally, I'm sad to see that that's going to be Elena's ultimate character arc. She went from a strong but flawed heroine, in my opinion, to a weak, pathetic, cruel, selfish person. And if this does end up being the last season, it would be really hard to turn that around at this point. So the show ends with a whimper for me.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 3

Finally watched the episode. Probably would have been better for my eyes if I hadn't given how often I was rolling them. Elena is just pathetic. I liked that when we finally saw Damon, he wasn't sitting in a corner crying. Maybe that's because his memory has been wiped or something. But I'd love it if he and Bonnie were now an item because Elena's head would explode. Hell, I'd even like it if he and Bonnie were just BFFs because I'm sure Elena wouldn't like that either.

But I'd love it if he and Bonnie were now an item because Elena's head would explode.

The only thing I got from this episode is that I realized my shock over the fact that Bonnie isn't the one all the males go gaga over. IMO Elena is cute in a generic kind of way, but I think Bonnie is absolutely gorgeous.
  • Love 8

Elena acted like she could care less about Bonnie's death and how it's affecting Jeremy. She got onto him about being lazy but not chalking it up to him grieving. She gets to grieve her self centered way so why can't Jeremy? Oh right, it's all about Elena. If you say Bonnie's name to Elena she'll go all, "Who's that?" Elena only likes what Bonnie can do for her.

I hope Enzo returns soon and flirts with Caroline.

I agree that Bonnie is a gorgeous woman and rather see Bonnie and Caroline more than Elena.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

Finally watched the episode...I think my favorite part was at the end when Damon was serving Bonnie fangcakes for breakfast.   Looking forward to seeing where this goes. 

I hope Enzo comes back and goes out drinking with Alaric. 

Edited by gryphon
  • Love 2

Elena acted like she could care less about Bonnie's death and how it's affecting Jeremy. She got onto him about being lazy but not chalking it up to him grieving. She gets to grieve her self centered way so why can't Jeremy? Oh right, it's all about Elena. If you say Bonnie's name to Elena she'll go all, "Who's that?" Elena only likes what Bonnie can do for her.

I agree that Bonnie is a gorgeous woman and rather see Bonnie and Caroline more than Elena.

I think one of Elena's flaws is that she's sometimes not terribly good at seeing things from other perspectives, even though she was known for her empathy in the early seasons - when Abbie was turned, she didn't seem to grasp that Bonnie might not want to see her for a while. Perhaps becoming a vampire has increased that single-mindedness that she did have at times, and made her focus much more inwards on her own wants and needs at the expense of that empathy. Criticizing Jeremy's way of grieving, and not realizing that she wasn't doing so well herself, did come off as hypocritical.

All the girls (and guys) on this show are stunning, imo, but Kat Graham is drop-dead gorgeous.

I hope Enzo comes back and goes out drinking with Alaric. 

That would be all kinds of awesome. Good thing Alaric has an indestructible liver now.