Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

Yeah, Hobby Lobby puts Christmas stuff out in July.  Crafty people think ahead.  I once lamented to a friend who works at a grocery store that Christmas decorations where up too early and she said it came from corporate that everything had to be up and ready on Nov 1.

• Love 2

What a big mistake! Budweiser's Clydesdale commercials were THE BEST of all commercials.

I've never actually liked the Clydesdale commercials, personally, but still, it wouldn't seem like Christmas without them.  Just like it wouldn't be Halloween without the stabby Party City ads.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 2

There was a news story yesterday about how stores are allowing Christmas advertising to creep into September.  I haven't seen the KMart ad but I'm guessing any Christmas advertising we see now is for layaway, because, yeah, this is the time to start thinking about doing that.

• Love 2

I saw a Christmas commercial for Wayfair earlier this week. Ridiculous. I hit Mute for that one because I am in no way ready to hear about Christmas. And, although the Kit Kat commercial is airing during the appropriate season, I hit Mute on that because the sound enrages me!!!

• Love 2

The Best Buy commercial is putting my nice TV in grave danger. Every time it runs I come closer to throwing something heavy at it in fury. Seriously? "Buy our crap and not only will people love your gift, they'll love YOU!"

I'm thinking anyone whose love I have to buy with gifts can just take their "lovin'" somewhere else.

• Love 6

Me, too! I've been playing Christmas music in my car all week. 

You now, a lot of the "how dare you mention Christmas before Thanksgiving!" complaints would be averted if the U.S. celebrated Thanksgiving in October like they do in Canada. It would also space out the major fal/winter holidays instead of having Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Year with 6 weeks of each other.

• Love 1

Oh god no!!!! I just saw a Big Lots holiday commercial. They brought back that annoying woman from last year. I can't stand her, I guess it's another season of running to the remote to mute the TV.

Yes, I screamed at my TV when I saw the singing, dancing Big Lots commercial. Ugh!

• Love 2
I went to the mall on Wednesday and they were playing Christmas music.  My husband about lost his mind.  I started singing along.  I adore Christmas music.

I'm with your husband.  I hate 95% of Christmas music anyway, so I don't really care to hear it ever.  But in early November?  Hell no.

• Love 3

I am glad I am not the only one who cannot stand the Big Lots commercials. Makes me stabby!

Makes me stabby and shooty.

They were the worst commercials last year, I couldn't get to my remote fast enough when she would come on. Now with this "Black Friday Woman" bullcrap, I don't know if my TV will survive the season. It may take a trip out the window.

I've seen the damn commercial 6 times already today.

• Love 1

It used to "not be Christmas until...

The Time-Life "Treasury of Christmas" ads started airing.

The Walmart Christmas ads are not inspiring me to go Christmas shopping. No, I am desperately trying to figure out a way to build a time machine so that I can travel back to the early 1960s and keep Sam Walton from ever opening a Walmart!

• Love 5