Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

For me, it's not the music.  It's the horrible Manheim Steamroller/Trans-Siberian Orchestra massacre of it that I can't stand.

I agree.  I can't even watch commercials for their concerts. Talk about seizure inducing. Give me the London Philharmonic, please.

• Love 3

I love the new Christmas commercial I saw last night  - it's advertising Mercedes-Benz cars.  It shows Santa driving a red MB through the snow with 8 silver ones in front of him like a team of reindeer.  He stops the car and lets a lab puppy with a big bow around his neck out of the car so he can go pee behind a tree.  Then the puppy runs back to the car and jumps in and barks at Santa as if to say, "all done - let's go!"

The puppy is so adorable.  But then I'm a complete sucker for any commercial with puppies or kittens - I don't care what they're selling.

And I want that puppy under MY Christmas tree so bad...

Edited by mousegirl
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, spaceytraci1208 said:

They really need to quit bringing back that White Diamonds commercial starring The Ghost of Elizabeth Taylor Past...shit is creepy

Are they really still playing that???

• Love 2

They really need to quit bringing back that White Diamonds commercial starring The Ghost of Elizabeth Taylor Past...shit is creepy

When she takes off her diamond earring, she says "These have always brought me luck." Apparently now they also bring her back to life.

• Love 10

I have to share, again, as usual, my very favorite Christmas Card, brought to you by the folks at Miller High Life. I saw a regular Miller High Life Commercial the other night on ION, I was so surprised, didn't think those ran on any regular tv programs any more. But I wish they'd make more ads like this, I watch it several times a year. When it originally aired, I'd drop everything to watch it. So lovely, peaceful. 

Edited by friendperidot
I learned how to fix it! Delete is my friend!
  • Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, spaceytraci1208 said:

At least it was actually filmed while she was alive, rather than it being some cgi hologram like Tupac.

• Love 5
On 12/14/2017 at 10:51 AM, Popples said:

I saw it a couple of days ago, and had the same reaction.

I think Liz would be cool with them still showing her. She would understand it.  She was a newer old-school star and I think would appreciate that she would still be considered a good marketing image. ( Although I say this after being somewhat creeped out by seeing the commercial!).

Edited by OneWouldHope
  • Love 2

What is it any business of yours whether or not I checked eBay? Jerk.

When did she pull the AirPod out of his ear and put it back in hers during that dream/fantasy? Also, when do people just stick their earphone in a random stranger's ear like that? That seems like a good way to get an infection.

Edited by InDueTime
Grammar
  • Love 5

No I just cannot with the sharing of the ear bud.  That is super gross, dream sequence or not.

Because I am a CHILD, the Walmart ad with scores upon scores of men hauling ass to Walmart to finish their Christmas shopping to the dulcet tones of “It’s Raining Men” makes me giggle my face off.

• Love 8

They've been dragged in the past, but I just want to reiterate my hate for the GMC holiday commercials.  Because buying yard decorations or Christmas gifts is the exact same thing as spending thousands upon thousands of dollars for a new vehicle, even if you "saved a bunch."  And I get it, yard decorations might not be your thing, but you're really going to throw shade at someone for buying gifts and then act all smug about your new truck??

And, I did a search on here and it looks like this is at least the third year in a row they've run this campaign. Get a new idea!!

Edited by tanyak
  • Love 9
On 12/13/2017 at 5:16 PM, spaceytraci1208 said:

They need to quit bringing back the perfume...period. I guess lots of women like it that's why it's still being sold. 

After smelling it, I think something like "Nickel Night at the Whorehouse" would be a more accurate description. (I apologize in advance if i offended any White Diamond lovers.)

• Love 2
On 12/17/2017 at 0:50 AM, InDueTime said:

When did she pull the AirPod out of his ear and put it back in hers during that dream/fantasy? Also, when do people just stick their earphone in a random stranger's ear like that? That seems like a good way to get an infection.

It never happened at all. It was a fantasy. Real time resumes at the end of the fantasy, where she has just bumped into him.

• Love 3

It may not technically be a holiday ad, but I have just recently been bombarded with the latest commercial for Miss Dior perfume that features Natalie Portman shrieking at her boyfriend to prove that he loves her, jumping off of a pier, running down the beach with a crazed look on her face, screaming while riding a carousel, and challenging all of us to say what WE would do for love.

Mmmmmm, smells like... mental illness. That's what I want for Christmas!

• Love 11
17 hours ago, riley702 said:

It never happened at all. It was a fantasy. Real time resumes at the end of the fantasy, where she has just bumped into him.

Does anyone know who the dancers are?  I'd forgive the ad if they were SYTYCD alums.

13 hours ago, Ashforth said:

It may not technically be a holiday ad, but I have just recently been bombarded with the latest commercial for Miss Dior perfume that features Natalie Portman shrieking at her boyfriend to prove that he loves her, jumping off of a pier, running down the beach with a crazed look on her face, screaming while riding a carousel, and challenging all of us to say what WE would do for love.

Mmmmmm, smells like... mental illness. That's what I want for Christmas!

I'm most offended by the fact that this commercial is trying to ruin Chandelier for me.

I just saw the funniest, small Christmas miracle of the Hershey Bells. I have an adolescent pit bull. He was playing with a toy, growling and snarling, trying to engage the older dog in a game of tug. It was getting rather loud. The Hershey Bells came on the tv. Quark dropped his toy, and started watching the Bells. When the song was over, he grabbed his toy and started snarling and growling again. He doesn't pay much attention to the tv and I've never had a dog stop and watch the Hershey Bells.

• Love 18
On 12/16/2017 at 11:50 PM, InDueTime said:

What is it any business of yours whether or not I checked eBay? Jerk.

The AirPod exchange is squicky, but once I get past that, I think this is a really beautiful commercial. The dancers have such amazing chemistry, and are both so beautiful. I'm always disappointed at the end that they don't end up together. 

• Love 3

And I(finally!) saw the M&Ms meet Santa.

As a kid in the(*whispers*)70s, you also knew Christmas was coming when you saw the Ronco commercials with the tinkly version of "Deck The Halls."

Edited by smittykins
  • Love 3

Christmas is over, let the commercials for exercise equipment and weight loss programs commence!

For 11 months Special K has been telling America that it's ok for women to eat.  Beginning today if a woman touches anything other than celery sticks or their cereal God help our fat asses.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18

Aren't the horrible heartstring-tugging Salvation Army commercials supposed to be over now that it's past Christmas?  The ones about pathetic poor children who don't have a warm coat or a toy or a meal or a home?  Just like the abused/neglected animal ads, the cause is worthwhile but the message is so manipulative that it causes me to change the channel, not contribute money. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Fairfax said:

Aren't the horrible heartstring-tugging Salvation Army commercials supposed to be over now that it's past Christmas?  The ones about pathetic poor children who don't have a warm coat or a toy or a meal or a home?  Just like the abused/neglected animal ads, the cause is worthwhile but the message is so manipulative that it causes me to change the channel, not contribute money. 

Not until the end of the year.  Gotta get those last minute charity checks in the mail for tax purposes, especially since this deduction is going away next year.

• Love 4