Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

Live+7 for Destiny's Child

same day     +7     actual gain     % gain              

SUPERNATURAL  CW  03/16/2020      0.20           .5         +0.3           +150%

Supernatural and Legacies had the highest % gain of all network shows 18-49

• Love 2

I think the CW plans for a scenario where they don`t have anything for fall this year, their new schedule is for January 21:  here

Maybe because so many of their shows shoot in Vancouver and noone knows when that production can start up again in general.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Yep Sue--Supernatural's final 7 episodes will air this Fall on Thursdays at 8.  The rest of the CW's regular shows are delayed to January(including WALKER--which is one of 2 new shows that seem to getting a slot in the rotation right away).  Very Cool--SPN gets a wide open field with a nice spotlight for the big run to their final run!

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 4

First they have to shoot the final two episodes. Which, being just two is obviously not that time consuming. 

But to start airing Walker in January, they have also got to start shooting this year.

No idea when production is gonna resume but I don't think it will be the usual start-up window of late June/early July this year. Hence, no real plans for a fall Season.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

I wouldn’t like to be the one cutting Jared’s hair - that could take a while 😅

I wouldn't like to be the one cutting Jensen's hair.  I'd be crying too hard.😊

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

I wouldn't like to be the one cutting Jensen's hair.  I'd be crying too hard.😊

Right!!! 

We won't complain if suddenly Dean's hair looks different...I mean continuity hasn't been all that important for years.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

We won't complain if suddenly Dean's hair looks different...I mean continuity hasn't been all that important for years.

Besides, They can just say Chuck did a rewrite. 

Sam:  Didn't your hair used to be shorter?

Dean:  No, it's always been this length.  Remember how mad Dad used to get when I wouldn't get it cut?  Didn't yours used to be longer?

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I need Dean's short hair for the end. Otherwise it won't seem the same. 

Well, if the final ep/series wrap up takes place in the future (or an AU, or anywhere outside of the current SPN 'verse), they can both change their hair.  (Maybe Sam will be bald?)

The season wrap up can still have Dean's short hair, if they film the finale first.

• Love 1

As predicted the ratings were abysmal. But hardly unexpected.  Up against the PGA Championship Finals and with no promotion at all SPN ended up with a bunch of 0's.....

Sheesh I tried to slog through that episode but it was so badly written I finally just gave up.

10 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

As predicted the ratings were abysmal. But hardly unexpected.  Up against the PGA Championship Finals and with no promotion at all SPN ended up with a bunch of 0's.....

Sheesh I tried to slog through that episode but it was so badly written I finally just gave up.

Um, wow, I admit I recalled reading here that CW was going to start rerunning the hot mess known as season 15, but turned around and immediately forgot again. I certainly didn't see anyone talking about it on twitter.

Those first three episodes were particularly terrible, if I remember correctly. Party City ghosts and whatnot, right? I just hope someone will remind me when they get to the bar episode with Jensen and Christian Kane. That one I'll gladly watch again.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Um, wow, I admit I recalled reading here that CW was going to start rerunning the hot mess known as season 15, but turned around and immediately forgot again. I certainly didn't see anyone talking about it on twitter.

Those first three episodes were particularly terrible, if I remember correctly. Party City ghosts and whatnot, right? I just hope someone will remind me when they get to the bar episode with Jensen and Christian Kane. That one I'll gladly watch again.

Episode 4 - that Jensen directed - is worth a re-watch if only for the opening scene and one at the end, IMO

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I bet Jensen's publicity over The Boys helped give it a boost.

Also, the complete lack of competition right now. I mean, what new content of anything TV-wise is even on the horizon that is not streaming?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

True, but that makes for an even playing field.

My friend got covid, and was stuck inside for a month. He called me and said, “what can I watch on Netflix that’s good and there’s a lot of it?” I told him Supernatural. He started about 5 weeks ago, and he’s already up to season 14. He LOVES it. Here’s the best part that you guys might get a kick out of, he’s a Christian brother. For those of you who are not Catholic, it’s like a priest (or a monk or a nun) but they teach instead of say mass. Anyhoo, I talked to him on the phone in the rectory last week (the house where priests live), and I heard supernatural playing loudly in the background. It was an episode with Lucifer and they were yelling “Lucifer,” and I was like, “oh my God, what do the other priests think about that?” I found it hilarious and ironic, but he didn’t seem to think it was a big deal. He mentioned something about they were all old anyway and he just shuts his bedroom door lol. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I've been binge watching it on Netflix for the past couple of months and am now 3/4 of the way through S11. I just saw the ad on CW for the final episodes on October 8th. Wondering what the odds are that I can be caught up by then or will have to DVR the new ones, LOL. Damn job getting in the way on weekdays!

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Up against football but not much else. For all the extra attention as one of the few scripted shows with new eps, you would hope for better...

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/thursday-tv-ratings-supernatural-connecting-match-game-star-trek-discovery-nfl-football/

20201010_061638.jpg

The CW will probably be pleased, though. While SPN dipped in ratings year to year as almost all shows do, it never experienced a complete breakdown like Vampire Diaries or all the Arrowverse show. I have no idea why. Their dip in quality wasn`t any worse than SPN`s but maybe it was the semi-standalone format. Seems to work wonders for a show like NCIS.

In terms of overall ratings, I think this will be as good as it gets. I doubt the show will pick up any new viewers, it`s way too old for that. At best some people who might have dropped it years ago will tune in for the Series Finale.  

Supernatural will be one of those shows that goes on forever as new audiences stumble across it and become fans. It will hold up well I think. It’s not like the guys are dressed in any kind of fashion era, and the technology is right there — unlike Buffy series. 

Vampire Diaries was okay IMO until they made Elena a vampire. Then it sucked big time and the plot just went round and round in circles.

I hope Jared’s series does well. Jensen will be a small fish in a big pond rather than a big fish in a small pond. But he'll steal the show.

Personally I think the days of Nielsen and gathering weekly ratings will die, just as network TV will eventually die. I hardly watch anything live because ads drive me nuts. The future will be streaming, binge a whole season in one weekend.

• Love 4

It's kinda funny that when all is said and done the highest-rated episode of this show will be the one with the stupid racist ghost truck because of sheer dumb scheduling luck. If it had been one week earlier, it would have been an actual good episode.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

It's kinda funny that when all is said and done the highest-rated episode of this show will be the one with the stupid racist ghost truck because of sheer dumb scheduling luck. If it had been one week earlier, it would have been an actual good episode.

I KNOW!!!  All because the State of the Union address just happened to be schedule on that night.  How I wish it had been Faith, which was such an amazing episode, or even a week later would have been Nightmare, wasn't too bad,  better than Rt 666.

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Faith FTW! Always!! 🥰

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

About 900,000 more than they deserved, and that's allowing for the Twitterdom who somehow still think Badd is doing a wonderful job.

And this is with more promotion than I've ever seen them have since I discovered the show in S10.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
because less is not more
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I get that these episodes don't deserve very good ratings or praise. I just hate to see the show go out this way for Jensen and Jared's sake.  I didn't expect any better from Dabb but still it makes me sad.

In all the time I've been watching this show, I've never  been more certain that they should have ended it before Badd got his hooks into it and that would have been after s11.

But hindsight is 20/20. And that's not just a saying as is evidenced here.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

In all the time I've been watching this show, I've never  been more certain that they should have ended it before Badd got his hooks into it and that would have been after s11.

But hindsight is 20/20. And that's not just a saying as is evidenced here.

I so agree. The series should have ended at S11E20. 

Like the song says F 2020

• Love 3

In my time zone SPN started the same time as the debate.  Even if I didn't want to watch the debate (I didn't) I still flipped back and forth a bit to see what I was missing (in both.)  

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

20:00  CWSupernatural   0.2   0.918

Ouch

Also couldn't happen to a better episode.

And no excuses this week.

ETA: I'd guess that apart from people who watch CW enough to see the promos, 99% of the viewing public think it ended last year.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

ETA: I'd guess that apart from people who watch CW enough to see the promos, 99% of the viewing public think it ended last year.

Yep. My mom was visiting and I said I was watching and she was confused and thought it was over. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Lucky them. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think that's the biggest problem they're dealing with - the fact that everyone who doesn't watch the CW regularly don't know it came back or was even supposed to. Plus weren't the ratings in the toilet even before the COVID break? This is not a good season, interested has plummeted. OTOH, it doesn't actually matter for the CW - all the money from shows like Supernatural is made from streaming now.

5 hours ago, PAForrest said:

I think that's the biggest problem they're dealing with - the fact that everyone who doesn't watch the CW regularly don't know it came back or was even supposed to. Plus weren't the ratings in the toilet even before the COVID break? This is not a good season, interested has plummeted. OTOH, it doesn't actually matter for the CW - all the money from shows like Supernatural is made from streaming now.

Anyone interested in watching the show would certainly know it's back. Additionally, adults have TVs. Kids stream and binge watch. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Terese said:

Anyone interested in watching the show would certainly know it's back. Additionally, adults have TVs. Kids stream and binge watch. 

I'm an adult and I stream if I opt to not watch live. A lot of people are cutting the cable and TV cords.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm an adult and I stream if I opt to not watch live. A lot of people are cutting the cable and TV cords.

You may be right. It's possible millions of people are watching this season and enjoying every second of it. 

• LOL 2