Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

When they made the change from 9 to 8 the show became less adult imo. Still bloody and violent, but much less dark tragedy and struggle.

Or maybe it was just Dabb taking over...?

I choose door # 2, Pondlass!

• Love 2
On 6/4/2019 at 11:18 PM, falltime said:

My local cw affiliate- or whatever the term is- is in a fight with our tv provider so I currently don't have The CW.

Looks like I'm going to have to rely on the CW app to watch their shows since I still don't have the channel. I'm not good at keeping up with shows online, I'm forgetful. The app store did have a message saying that the app may not be optimized for my device, so fingers crossed that it doesn't glitch too much.

18 minutes ago, falltime said:

Looks like I'm going to have to rely on the CW app to watch their shows since I still don't have the channel. I'm not good at keeping up with shows online, I'm forgetful. The app store did have a message saying that the app may not be optimized for my device, so fingers crossed that it doesn't glitch too much.

I switched to Spectrum. ATT/Directv and WB seem to be feuding at the moment.

I really think the ratings are going to take a serious nose dive. That .0 we got last summer might not be a fluke.  I know these are not SPN ratings and I know it doesn't really matter except that Dabb may unhirable after the show is over, but less than a million viewers for Riverdale is pretty alarming.

Fast-Demo-2019-Oct-16-WED.png

Not to read too much into it, but any bets that because the top three shows were Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD,  next season we'll have many more shows set in Chicago? 😁

6 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Not to read too much into it, but any bets that because the top three shows were Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD,  next season we'll have many more shows set in Chicago? 😁

Maybe Walker, Chicago Ranger?

I'll show myself out...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe Walker, Chicago Ranger?

I'll show myself out...

Hee. ...actually that could be interesting. Jared is pretty good at comedy, in my opinion, both physical and somewhat dry. Though what I am imagining - the story of a somewhat delusional Texas Ranger type wandering the streets of Chicago trying to help people who may not really need help (Don Quixote style) - would likely not be politically correct.*** Bonus points if he did actually help people, but it was mainly by accident.

But I'm also guessing a show like that would take some really good writing and that only people with my weird sense of humor would enjoy it.

Sorry for the diversion - back to our regularly scheduled thread...

*** Though considering the origin of my screen name, this isn't too surprising. 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, FlickChick said:

So the show dropped in demo and viewers in the second episode. Why am I not surprised?

Shockingly they ended up in 2nd place for the week in total viewers behind the Flash. Pretty much just like last year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Shockingly they ended up in 2nd place for the week in total viewers behind the Flash. Pretty much just like last year.

Wow, the whole network is in sad shape. They must be really upset that Supernatural and Arrow are ending this season. Their desired demo and total viewers just aren't tuning into regular TV much anymore.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Few people watch live any more. There are so many options. Maybe this Nielsen data is redundant now.

I watch as much tv as I ever have, maybe even more, but I rarely watch anything live. Ironically, SPN is one of the few shows I do watch in real time.

Back and to the Future

Live Ratings (Overnights)  Final Same Day  Live +3 Day    Live +7 Day

18-49                 0.40                   .360                  .58 

Total Viewers

1.34                1.226                1.795

Not really very great numbers.  Live+7 should be up soon.

Edited by Casseiopeia
On 10/21/2019 at 8:31 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Back and to the Future

Live Ratings (Overnights)  Final Same Day  Live +3 Day    Live +7 Day

18-49                 0.40                   .360                  .58 

Total Viewers

1.34                1.226                1.795

Not really very great numbers.  Live+7 should be up soon.

Live+7 didn't really improve much. Supernatural got the lowest gains of all the CW shows

SUPERNATURAL Live+7

CW10/10/19     0.40        .60            .20         .50

11 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Live+7 didn't really improve much. Supernatural got the lowest gains of all the CW shows

SUPERNATURAL Live+7

CW10/10/19     0.40        .60            .20         .50

With the chatter about the episode being mostly wtf?! (around the Party City Ghosts) I am not surprised people didn't rush to their DVRs or apps to see it.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Well Supernatural trended until at least midnight in the U.S. and it trended in Australia where it wasn't even being aired...

EHsKGGzVAAE46am?format=jpg&name=medium

Well I hashtagged #Supernatural a lot, and I guarantee none of it was what they probably wanted to hear. But I guess they DGAF at this point - numbers are numbers, no matter how deceiving. :D

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well I hashtagged #Supernatural a lot, and I guarantee none of it was what they probably wanted to hear. But I guess they DGAF at this point - numbers are numbers, no matter how deceiving. 😄

Yup.

Witness Supernatural being right up there with Harvey Weinstein.😳

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Supernatural is trending at #2 right now

1.Bloomberg

2.#Supernatural

3.#LACvsOAK

4.#PeteForPresident

5.#USWNT

6.Jeff Goldblum

7.#ImTeamPete

8.Phillip Rivers

9.Matt Blake

#ActionAckles got as high as #6 for a while.  It's still at #18 on my feed. 😁

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Diane said:

image.png.0b6677db301d0ba121df470f34a824bc.png

Just now, Jakes said:

SPN still strong--15th year and it's third out of 12 in CW...the sad truth is almost everything has lower ratings for all networks.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1

I bet the ratings are up a little next week off all the good buzz from this week. I've always maintained that short of a really hyped-up promotion campaign, general ratings are affected more by the prior week than the actual episode that's airing. JMO.

• Love 3

Whaaa?

Supernatural will go through one final move before it’s all over. On Friday, The CW announced that the beloved drama will move to Mondays at 8 p.m. ET for its final run of episodes, beginning on March 16 and leading into the season 2 return of Roswell, New Mexico at 9 p.m. ET. Furthermore, the network revealed that Supernatural will air its series finale on Monday, May 18.

And the series finale will air Monday, May 18th.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

WTH? They are moving it within the second half of the Season? And pushing the Finale to late May? That means a lot of breaks. The S14 Finale aired at the end of April.

Could it be that they are not coming back with the second half until March 16th? That leaves 10 Mondays until May 18th.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Could it be that they are not coming back with the second half until March 16th? That leaves 10 Mondays until May 18th.

With the mid-season finale as episode 8, that would mean there wasn't enough Mondays, it would only get us up to episode 18.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The mid-Season break will be episode 8, though. So they need to squeeze in 12 eps + didn't they want to do a retrospective also? Arrow is getting one.

edit: So apparently Katy Keene takes over the Thursday timeslot in the first week of February. That gives SPN maybe 2 or 3 eps to air in January, then go on a 6-ish week break and then run through to mid-May? 

Bizarre to the max.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1

I think they're assuming most SPN fans (even ones who'd stopped watching years ago) will want to watch the final few eps just for closure, so they have a built-in audience.  And since the last few seasons seem to have attracted a younger audience, that'll fit with the Roswell audience.  Maybe.  

Plus the new show on Thursday will probably get some of the SPN casual viewers who didn't know about the date change, so maybe they're hoping they'll stick around.  

Maybe they'll rerun some of SPN's greatest hits during the breaks.  (hah!)  That might be their version of a retrospective.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 9:52 PM, falltime said:

I have the channel back so I don't have to watch in a small screen anymore. 👍

• Love 1
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Whaaa?

And the series finale will air Monday, May 18th.

This is so fucking stupid.  Why would you move it to Monday night during it's final episodes!!??  What a disgrace.

• Love 2