Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

Looks like we might have adjusted down to a .3...again there were several NBA and NHL playoff games last night. We are still in 2nd place behind The Flash (who also hit a series low at .5) for the week. We might do  well in the Live+3 and +7 ratings when they come out.

9 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Looks like we might have adjusted down to a .3...again there were several NBA and NHL playoff games last night. We are still in 2nd place behind The Flash (who also hit a series low at .5) for the week. We might do  well in the Live+3 and +7 ratings when they come out.

In terms of demo , The Flash is tying with its series low (it already hit a 0.5 in the past) it wasn't a new series low, and on top of that, The Flash was also severely preempted this week in the NY market (baseball match) which is pretty much The CW biggest market.

I've been watching SPN for 13 years now (i have yet to come to terms that it's ending next year), i'm very proud of its journey and ratings performance and i would have loved for SPN to be CW #1 show at some point.

Maybe next year for its farewell season.

Edited by Whatever88
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Whatever88 said:

In terms of demo , The Flash is tying with its series low (it already hit a 0.5 in the past) it wasn't a new series low, and on top of that, The Flash was also severely preempted this week in the NY market (baseball match) which is pretty much The CW biggest market.

I've been watching SPN for 13 years now (i have yet to come to terms that it's ending next year), i'm very proud of its journey and ratings performance and i would have loved for SPN to be CW #1 show at some point.

Maybe next year for its farewell season.

Oh I read .5 was a series low for the Flash on TVBTN.  There was no mention of preemption on ShowBuzz.  They usually qualify the ratings with all that kind of information.  

SPN was at the #1 spot on the CW for the last 2 weeks with everyone else in reruns.  As far as ratings go though SPN does so well in other markets it really doesn't matter.  No other CW show has or probably ever will have that kind of success.

• Love 1

I actually thought we would hit a .02 this year but I think the 300th and end announcement have kept the show afloat. Ratings should be relatively stable next year with all the promotion that will go with the final year. The thing is the CW is collapsing. All their shows are in ratings free fall and it will only get worse. There may not even be a CW in a couple of years. It would have been nice to see Supernatural outlast two networks but I think the CW has a little life left.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

the CW has a little life left.

I agree.  The CW targets younger audiences - but that demo isn't interested in waiting a week and watching live.  They want access to their show any time they feel like watching.  It's the older demo that continue to tune in each week because it's what they've always done.  The landscape of network TV is changing almost over night.

There will be casualties and I agree I agree The CW will be the first to go down probably.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lastcall said:

The thing is the CW is collapsing. All their shows are in ratings free fall and it will only get worse. There may not even be a CW in a couple of years. It would have been nice to see Supernatural outlast two networks but I think the CW has a little life left.

Indeed. Not only people have stopped watching TV in general but the CW has been losing affiliates every single year. That's why i find it laughable when people keep saying "remember when X or Y or Z show had 3 millions viewers now it can only get 1.2 millions ...".

It's technichally impossible for The CW to ever reach the threshold of 2.5 millions viewers let alone 3 millions ever again regardless if a show is having a good or bad season (writting & quality wise).

Edited by Whatever88
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lastcall said:

I actually thought we would hit a .02 this year but I think the 300th and end announcement have kept the show afloat. Ratings should be relatively stable next year with all the promotion that will go with the final year. The thing is the CW is collapsing. All their shows are in ratings free fall and it will only get worse. There may not even be a CW in a couple of years. It would have been nice to see Supernatural outlast two networks but I think the CW has a little life left.

The CW isn't the only network whose ratings are past the glory days.  Everyone's ratings are hitting series lows.  

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

The CW isn't the only network whose ratings are past the glory days.  Everyone's ratings are hitting series lows.  

Yeah the CW is just the weakest right now. Half their shows are at .02 or lower and the Flash will probably be at .04 and .03 next year. I think there is a good chance the CW will be gone in a few years and the WB stuff will be folded into the Warner streaming service. It’s suppose to be three tier so the premium will probably have HBO, the WB CW stuff, the DC service and whatever else they own.

1 minute ago, Lastcall said:

Yeah the CW is just the weakest right now. Half their shows are at .02 or lower and the Flash will probably be at .04 and .03 next year. I think there is a good chance the CW will be gone in a few years and the WB stuff will be folded into the Warner streaming service. It’s suppose to be three tier so the premium will probably have HBO, the WB CW stuff, the DC service and whatever else they own.

With SPN ending and only two shows with marginal success I can see the CW going more for reality TV in the future or like the NBC affiliate in my area that does mostly the news and reruns of other network shows.

Nielsen ratings aside the CW shows almost alway trend in the top ten every week on twitter.  SPN used to but twitter doesn't count daily trends like they used to.  Also almost all the CW shows do well in Live+3 and +7 against other network shows.  Mark Pedowitz markets his network differently than others.  I'm not so sure the end is nigh just yet.

• Love 1

And the opening (not counting Wednesday previews) of Avengers: End Game (which is where I'll be). I'm Canadian, so I don't count for ratings anyway, and I always DVR regardless of if I'm watching live, so nothing really changes. I just can't bring myself to watch whatever abomination they come up with next for Dean, live.

• Love 3
On 4/26/2019 at 8:18 AM, Casseiopeia said:

Well we'll come in second behind Flash again.  So I suppose that's the upside of a .3

Fast-Demo-2019-Apr-25.THU_.png

Is that the lowest rated season finale?

On 4/26/2019 at 8:24 AM, Pondlass1 said:

Supernatural is no longer available on Canadian Netflix.  We get such a raw deal up here (for $13.99 a month!),  I find myself watching YouTube most of the time these days.

Well that sucks!

(edited)

I'm not sure if the ratings are relevant anymore but here are the ratings for Jack in the Box with Live+3 and +7

Live Ratings (Overnights)Final Same DayLive +3 DayLive +7 Day 

18-49           0.4               0.3              0.6(+78%)      .68(+96%) 

Total            1.301      1.284            1.95(+52%)       2.113(+65%)

Again the Live+7 ratings had very nice gains.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 2

Moriah with Live+3 and +7

Live Ratings

(Overnights)   Final Same Day  Live +3 Day   Live +7 Day

18-49      0.3            0.3                   0.55(+86%)     .64(+115%)

Total Viewers

1.311            1.303                   1.95(+50%)     2.16(+66%)

About the same as last episode.   Okay but kind of weak for a Season Finale.

9 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Moriah with Live+3 and +7

Live Ratings

(Overnights)   Final Same Day  Live +3 Day   Live +7 Day

18-49      0.3            0.3                   0.55(+86%)     .64(+115%)

Total Viewers

1.311            1.303                   1.95(+50%)     2.16(+66%)

About the same as last episode.   Okay but kind of weak for a Season Finale.

Wonder if people are giving up because the show is ending or if it’s how bad this season was. Arrow is ending too and it can only hit .02 now.

Just like the landline phone, network TV is dying.  

If everyone wanted to continue I'm sure they could've got a deal with Netflix similar to Lucifer.  There are a million stories still to be told about the supernatural world.  

But I think Jensen's star is on the rise.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Just like the landline phone, network TV is dying.  

If everyone wanted to continue I'm sure they could've got a deal with Netflix similar to Lucifer.  There are a million stories still to be told about the supernatural world.  

But I think Jensen's star is on the rise.

I have a strong feeling something new will land on Warner streaming. It’s a perfect fit be it Movies or limited series.

2 hours ago, Lastcall said:

Wonder if people are giving up because the show is ending or if it’s how bad this season was. Arrow is ending too and it can only hit .02 now.

Flash can only garner a .5  Network TV is just on the decline.

I read that CW is losing Netflix. Is this because of Warner feed? They'll probably not allow TNT to air Supernatural as well if they have control over that. Damn, another "extra" streaming vehicle on top of cable. This is getting nuts. And @Casseiopeia, you are right about TV viewing and all these streaming services that are separate charges are just getting started. 😞

26 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Wow! Even for a rerun this is fairly shocking...a zero rating is almost unheard of.

Fast-Demo-2019-Jun-02.SUN_.png

Considering that I'd heard nothing about it being on Sunday (I don't watch the CW regularly so I don't know if there was any advertising) I wonder if anyone knew?  I just happened across it while flipping channels Sunday night. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Considering that I'd heard nothing about it being on Sunday (I don't watch the CW regularly so I don't know if there was any advertising) I wonder if anyone knew?  I just happened across it while flipping channels Sunday night. 

Seems like it was only advertised online a few times.  I knew that they aired the season premiere last Sunday but I don't know what the rating was for that ep.  According to Showbuzz it is  very rare for a show to get a zero rating in 18-49.  I guess every Sunday this month the CW will air a S14 episode. 

2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I knew that they aired the season premiere last Sunday but I don't know what the rating was for that ep.

I just checked and it got a 0.1 A18-49 rating with 287000 total viewers.

58 minutes ago, falltime said:

My local cw affiliate- or whatever the term is- is in a fight with our tv provider so I currently don't have The CW.

If you're in the US, you should be able to get it off the air with an antenna (assuming you have good reception) or online with the CW app or website.  I have an antenna for local channels and Sling for streaming, which includes TNT so I get my SPN daily fix.  

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Do you think they are testing the waters for a move to Sunday for the final season?

I  think they have already announced the schedule.  SPN Thurs at 8pm. However that doesn't mean it won't change midseason.  I think they were hoping it would do well enough to boost the hiatus ratings on Sunday a little since the show is their #2 performer.  Advertising would have gone a long way.  But they don't even advertise first run episodes

• Love 1
14 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Do you think they are testing the waters for a move to Sunday for the final season?

I honestly think they are trying to get any ad dollars for that slot. It might do better than reruns of Supergirl or Charmed. I think if it was a permanent move they would have announced it formally. I think it's just for the summer.

iZombie is running in their slot right now -- final season for iZombie end in a few weeks.  I think the boys will be back on Thursday based on the shedule presented at the upfronts.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Did they pull the re-runs?  I haven't been able to find them the last two weeks.

I wanted to rewatch Mint Condition.  Its the only ep this season worth it

Mint Condition is on the CW schedule for tonight.  I forgot to watch last week, but SPN was on the week before here.  Maybe your local affiliate decided not to rerun because of the awful ratings.  (It's also on a different time here than the Thursday night eps were, so maybe check the time?)  

ETA:  Just checked my local listings, and they're showing Who's Line Is It Anyway instead of SPN here, too.  *sigh*  I guess the local affiliates get to choose what they want to show.  

Edited by ahrtee
2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Mint Condition is on the CW schedule for tonight.  I forgot to watch last week, but SPN was on the week before here.  Maybe your local affiliate decided not to rerun because of the awful ratings.  (It's also on a different time here than the Thursday night eps were, so maybe check the time?)  

ETA:  Just checked my local listings, and they're showing Who's Line Is It Anyway instead of SPN here, too.  *sigh*  I guess the local affiliates get to choose what they want to show.  

they are showing Whose Line here to.

(edited)

Rogers in Ontario has Whose Line also. I have Ignite TV now and you get a lot of details in the guide/menu. They list cast/crew along with photos, and interesting they list, in order, Jared, Jensen, Misha,  Alex, Jeremy Carver, and Bob Singer. Heh.

They currently have S3 on demand and that's the only place it shows up on the schedule,  which I believe is two weeks at a time.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
6 hours ago, ahrtee said:

It's not unusual for the CW affiliates to show "summer programming" instead of Supernatural. They've done it just about every post 5 season. They probably know that the fans will be back in the fall regardless. But just one more time...

(edited)
12 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

It's not unusual for the CW affiliates to show "summer programming" instead of Supernatural. They've done it just about every post 5 season. They probably know that the fans will be back in the fall regardless. But just one more time...

The CW usually shows summer programming (which is why they have iZombie on in the SPN time slot), but they don't usually put their "regular" shows on in a different time slot unless they're planning to move there in the fall.

My thought is that the CW is probably trying to get people used to Sunday programming (which they didn't have before) and thought SPN would be a sure draw, but because they didn't tell anyone, they drew a *zero* rating!!!! and the affiliates decided to try something else.   

Edited by ahrtee
clarifying
  • Useful 1

Sunday, October 6 - “Batwoman” at 8 p.m. and “Supergirl” at 9 p.m.

Monday, October 7 - "All American" at 8 p.m.

Tuesday, October 8 - "The Flash" at 8 p.m.

Wednesday, October 9 - "Riverdale” at 8 p.m. and “Nancy Drew” at 9 p.m.

Thursday, October 10 - "Supernatural" at 8 p.m. and "Legacies" at 9 p.m.

Friday, October 11 - "Charmed" at 8 p.m and "Dynasty" at 9 p.m.

Tuesday, October 15 - “Arrow” at 9 p.m.

Monday, October 21 - “Black Lightning” at 9 p.m.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/cw-fall-premiere-dates-batwoman-supernatural-arrow-1203245719/

• Love 1