Type keyword(s) to search

Diem Brown: True Fighter

Stinger97
  • Start Topic

I did see one guy who I think is CT's hair dresser post something on Instagram how the article was lies and CT & Diem were very much together. I think the whole age thing is bizarre since some press have now reported Diem was 23 when she was diagnosed which would be two years before Fresh Meat. I think it would of been better for Diem's family to say nothing about her age.

Edited by choclatechip45

The thing is, the impression I got is that PEOPLE Magazine did some digging and found public records of her actual birth date and that's when the family confirmed it and explained why she lied about it. So I don't think they had any intention of talking about it, once again, especially as they went as far as putting a different birthdate on her funeral program. But again, seems like the PEOPLE writer was determined to make some kind of story and expose this for whatever reason. I'm even wondering if the source who said the stuff about CT wasn't also the one who said she lied about her age. The whole thing, as I said when the article first came out, is just odd. The girl is dead, whether she shaved off a few years of her age is not really that big of a deal in my opinion and whatever her status was with CT, he loved her and he is grieving. To me would it really have been that much of a problem to just leave it at that?

• Love 2

I think it would bother me if I was one of Diem's close friends and I saw a narrative that wasn't true getting reported. While I think they were in love for at least a period of time, anyone who watched The Challenge over the years knows that they had a lot of ups and downs, and their love story was not exactly one for the ages. I like CT, but he's not exactly Prince Charming, and I bet Diem vetted her frustrations about him to her friends, as is normal, during their times together. I thought CT's proposal was a sweet and kind thing to do, but, along with his sweet but sorta over-the-top Instagram post about her, maybe it rubbed some of her friends the wrong way, since they may be privy to a different version of this love story, again, from Diem's point of view, which might be different than the story they're reading.

I remember when a loved one of mine died, and within days, different people started misrepresenting things about his life, and he wasn't there to defend himself, and I started seething! I don't know if that's what happened here, but if it did, I can understand friends wanting to set the record straight. As in Diem's record. And that goes for the lie about her age, too. Her family clearly had no intention of disclosing this lie, but once People mag called them for clarification, I think they did the right thing by confirming it. What's the common theme here? The importance of truth!

That is true. I just think by confirming it. It unfortunately took the focus from Diem's legacy.

But their only alternative was to deny it, which would have been an unwise and stupid thing to do, since public records don't lie (only people do!). I agree that it's a bit of a negative head-scratcher in regards to Diem's m.o., but I think it'll pass, and her legacy will be a positive one.

• Love 1

Anyone happen to take a peak at the U.S. weekly article about Diem? It was only 2 short pages long and wasn't very insightful but it gave some interesting quotes. I thought it was interesting that it said the CT was "hyper" and Diem needed "peace" so she sent him away. And the detail about him pampering her by painting her toes and buying her a new bed. The friend also said that when they were at their best, he made Diem the happiest girl in the world.

Because they love her and they thought it would make her happy would be my guess. They were grieving, and they chose to go with the age she'd chosen to use.  Maybe, since she knew the end was coming, she even asked them to. 

• Love 1

I understand why her family did the age thing. Diem already lost most of her dreams it's like why not just give her this one thing. Like KerleyQ said, it was out of love.

That being said, the lie honestly wasn't worth it in Diem's part. In this day and age lying about your age is ridiculous especially when anyone can have access to your information. It's sad that she thought she had to but it doesn't change who she was or what she did. It's just an insignificant footnote. But I don't think it was worth the embarrassment of her eventually being outed and her family being forced to cop to that.

We Heart Diem has been slated for 9 p.m. this coming Tuesday on MTV, with repeats at 9:30 and midnight. I don't know why it's not at 10, especially since I have something to watch at that time (Agents of SHIELD) and something else to DVR (Supernatural). I'll record and watch it a little later.

ETA: I don't normally watch MTV. Has the network been running promos for the special at all?

Thank you for the title, Lantern7. I just set my DVR. I don't watch much MTv these days but I haven't seen it advertised when I do. I'm watching tonight, though. I'll update if they promo it.

I would imagine her family went along with her age because that's her story to tell. Kind of like how my family went along with me being 27 for at least 10 years. It's harmless, in the big picture.

ETA: I didn't see any promo tonight.

Edited by MissMel

Ugh . . . can't believe they're going to be showing footage from BOTE2. For all we know, that might have been the last time Diem ever danced, which makes it truly heartbreaking. Given how Evan was also Fresh Meat along with her, I can't really object to the Canadian Doughboy giving interviews, even if he's on the Permanently Naughty list.

I think It was one of the last times she ever danced. This is going to be harder than I think it is. It's really so heartbreaking to watch those scene knowing what happens in the near future. She was so fit and strong but that cancer was basically slowly killing her the whole time. A tragedy.

Edited by HeyHelloHi

Anyone watch the "We❤️Diem" special? It was surprisingly well done and nice. Wasn't expecting it to be that good. I totally tears up when Aneesa started crying. It was so sweet

The thread for the "We Heart Diem" special can be found here.

Agreed, I don't think these fact checks and clarifications about her age and her relationship with Chris tarnish Diem's legacy.

She shouldn't be placed on a pedestal as a perfect angel taken too soon. She was a beautiful, kickass woman taken too soon. She was flawed through her insecurities and questionable choices, and that just makes her more human and relatable. Many of us have had a Chris in our lives. I still have a special place in my heart for my Chris even though I'm happily married and love my life.

I know what you mean. I hadn't seen my Chris in over 15 years and I found out last month that he died last year. I cried all day, and my husband totally understood.

• Love 1

Wow this thread has really fallen off the map, huh? I guess the "newness" of the situation has slowed down and people are less emotional about it. 

But has anyone been keeping up with Vevmo? I think that whole thread is just a mess. I want to read it because they're always the first to post new things about Diem or the challenge in general but that place just seems like a breeding ground for lonely women who fantasize about CT and Diem being Cinderella and Prince Charming. I just want to tell a few of them to get a grip..

But has anyone been keeping up with Vevmo? I think that whole thread is just a mess. I want to read it because they're always the first to post new things about Diem or the challenge in general but that place just seems like a breeding ground for lonely women who fantasize about CT and Diem being Cinderella and Prince Charming. I just want to tell a few of them to get a grip..

Oh I agree. At one point they were speculating how CT should use Diem's eggs so he can give her the child she always wanted.

Oh I must read this crap. Where do I go? I have never heard of Vevmo. Is it a forum?

Yes, they are good for spoilers. The people who post inside information often paint BMP in a negative light so I usually take it with a grain of salt. They have a thread called "Remembering Diem Brown" I think I read it in there.

• Love 1

Well, there's also not much more to say at this point. I have no interest in whatever's going on at Vevmo, so. I'm sure there'll be more to talk about when the season starts airing.

This...and I also have no interest in turning this thread into some place to talk about how crazy people at the Vevmo board are.

Edited by truthaboutluv

Oh please. No one is "turning" this thread into some hate board for Vevmo. I actually do enjoy that site. I was making an observation about a paticular thread, which I'm more than allowed to do. I made one comment and never mentioned it again so re freaking lax.

• Love 1