Type keyword(s) to search

Diem Brown: True Fighter

Stinger97
  • Start Topic

No tears here, but I do want to hug CT. I really hope he doesn't fall into any abysses in the days to come.

scrb . . . she never bugged me, but she did have a tendency to bug others, so you're not alone. I figure that in the big picture, she was a good person, eye-rolling moments and all.

Tears - so many tears.

Now I have to watch their story again. It's still unreal to me that she is really gone. She is only one year older than me and I can't believe how much she had gone through. It really makes me revalue my life and remind me how easy I have had it in comparison.

BTW This is the link to see all the CT videos from the vevmo forum.

CT has spoken. He posted on Instagram and it's heartbreaking but really beautiful. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/diem-browns-love-ct-tamburello-shares-touching-instagram-tribute-20141911

Here's the full post if for whatever reason, someone doesn't want to go to the link.

"You have always been My Angel. And now you have your wings. We've been thru so much over the years. Thru the ups and downs we somehow managed to keep our promise. We never gave up on each other," he captioned a photo of her. "Our plan to be together forever hasn't changed...it's just going to take a little longer now. And I'm going to hold onto this ring for you till we are together again. So don't worry mama, I'm not afraid. I know you will always be with me to give me your strength. You are The Love of My Life. My reason to be a better man. I Love You Always and Forever.

The family and friends also had an 80's dance party after the service in Diem's memory because they decided it was what she would have wanted considering how much she loved to dance. Someone tweeted out this picture on instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/vkPCnrQgzI/?modal=true

I honestly didn't even recognize CT at first (he's in the orange sunglasses) without the facial hair, and it looks like he may have lost a few pounds (stress will do that you I guess). But still it's nice to see him looking okay.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Diem passing is truly heartbreaking.  It's clear she was loved by so many people and I'm glad many of them were able to go to her funeral.  Brad Fiorenza posted a cute story on Twitter about Diem trying to make the producers give him and Tori alone time on his birthday - during one of the Challenges.  She just seemed like a loving person. 

I actually feel horrible that there were times when I did not particularly enjoy her on these shows.  I realized how petty that was because she never did anything that bad - and maybe she had a right to feel as entitled as she did to catch a bit of a break on these shows.  She'd already been through so much, so in retrospect, I feel bad for being judgmental of her.  My opinion has completely changed on that seeing the complete and utter pain she was in the last few months. 

You know, I think it's okay to acknowledge that she wasn't perfect all the time, that there were times when she bugged, when she seemed annoying or melodramatic or whatever. Everyone is annoying sometimes. I just rewatched all of Fresh Meat and the Duel, and there were points in both seasons that I really liked her and other points where I found her eyeroll-worthy, but I know that the eyeroll moments weren't all that there was to her - she seemed really fun, friendly, daring, the knd of person who I'd want to be friends with in real life, even if I didn't always like her while watching her on TV. The biggest thing I noticed from rewatching those two seasons is that her obnoxious moments came when someone voted her (or CT) into elimination, and really, if the worst thing you can say about a person is that they got a little pissy when their back was up against the wall on a reality TV show with a lot of money on the line, I think that's pretty good.

• Love 5

You know, I think it's okay to acknowledge that she wasn't perfect all the time, that there were times when she bugged, when she seemed annoying or melodramatic or whatever. Everyone is annoying sometimes. I just rewatched all of Fresh Meat and the Duel, and there were points in both seasons that I really liked her and other points where I found her eyeroll-worthy, but I know that the eyeroll moments weren't all that there was to her - she seemed really fun, friendly, daring, the knd of person who I'd want to be friends with in real life, even if I didn't always like her while watching her on TV. The biggest thing I noticed from rewatching those two seasons is that her obnoxious moments came when someone voted her (or CT) into elimination, and really, if the worst thing you can say about a person is that they got a little pissy when their back was up against the wall on a reality TV show with a lot of money on the line, I think that's pretty good.

I agree completely. I really liked her on the Exes challenge because she seemed to have matured. I really did think she handle the CT situation a lot better than I would have being paired with an ex who I had a lot of history with.

Agreed.  She was a real person, and we all have our moments.  I'd never, in a million years, agree to be on a reality show, but, if you did have a camera on me all day and night, I guarantee that even if I'm a generally decent and fairly even-tempered person, you'd catch me being a bitch.  There's no way around it.  And, depending on what footage the show chose to show, people could either love me or hate me.  I think that's just true of all of us.  

• Love 4

Quite honestly, that People article was strange and weird but CT and Diem handled their relationship weirdly anyways. They were together from Rivals 2 into Exes 2 and I think that's irrefutable. I really don't know what happened when Diem was sick. Reading her blogs made me think that she sort of pushed her boyfriend away when she was sick. Maybe the same thing happened with CT. She didn't want to be hurt or cause a burden on him so they weren't "together" together. But he was spending a considerable amount of time in NY which seems odd if he wasn't there for her. 

The people article was just tacky, imo. Why even write it? It makes it seem like CT is lying and I don't think he would stoop so low. Some conversations are intimate. Nobody will ever really know what they said privately, even her bff's so commenting on it seems weird. Maybe her friends didn't really like him or something but to accuse him of lying? Something doesn't add up.

Well I still believe they were together. I don't think CT's close friends and family members would talk about CT losing his "girlfriend" if that weren't true. CT's post also said everything that needed to be said IMO.

However I think it's strange that people magazine would say they weren't dating with quotes from Alicia and on the same day e!, the network Alicia is working for, publishes an article talking about CT and his grief over losing his girlfriend.

Diem will be honored with a MTV special called "We <3 Diem".

Yeah, the egg thing was so out of line it isn't even funny. Who thinks of that kind of thing? But CT and Diem fans have always been nuts which is why Diem was probably so private about it. People would either badger them with his perfect they are and when they'll get married or complain bout how Diem was stupid for getting back with him. The comments were always so extreme. 

I agree that people are more sympathetic with CT only because we've had chance to know him via TV while Diem's loved ones didn't get that luxury (or curse, depending on how you see it). Also, we've seen Diem and CT's relationship from every stage in it's conception. Them falling in love, growing apart, the brutal breakup, forgiving each other, falling in love again and ultimately beginning anew. We've been so exposed to the most intimate parts of their relationship. 

But CT has said what he said and that's it. In his mind, He and Diem wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. I doubt he would make that up and maybe her friends didn't know but I think he's said all he's going to say about that and that's fine. 

However I think it's strange that people magazine would say they weren't dating with quotes from Alicia and on the same day e!, the network Alicia is working for, publishes an article talking about CT and his grief over losing his girlfriend.

That's just it though, it does not quote Alicia about their relationship or anyone. Alicia's only comment is about how Diem's heart was big enough for many people or whatever and CT was one of them. About their relationship, it just says "sources" say she was single and they weren't a couple which was the first thing that struck me as odd since Diem blogged for them during her second cancer battle and had some kind of professional relationship and since then everything they have written about her has had quotes from her, her sister, Alicia, etc. This is the first time something was written that didn't mention any names. Not saying the editor is lying, just think it's interesting whoever said this, clearly wanted to make sure their name wasn't listed. 

I agree with the above comment that frankly the article was just odd and seemed unnecessary to  me. Whether or not there was an official title to their relationship, they obviously loved and cared about each other and so I imagine CT's grief is very real. And I respect everyone's feelings but I don't see the big issue with people who knew Diem because of the Challenges, focusing on CT and how he is doing. Because edited and sanitized or not, to the people who only knew her through their screens, he was a bit part of her story. Obviously, I'm sure people are sad for her family but it's not like most people know their names or their private social media, etc. to send messages to them. And some might think that is intrusive. 

The other thing that confused me about that article was the whole thing about her age. There is an editor note at the end stating emphatically that after seeing public records and talking to family, they confirmed she really was born in 1980, which would have made her 34. Okay but there were shots of the program at the service that lists her birthday as 1982. So what, the family chose to continue her lie that she was 32 right to the service, then the People writer dug around through public records, found a copy of her birth certificate and confirmed it was a lie and the family admitted it? If that's the case, sad that something so ridiculous would be lied about to that extent but again, why was this so important that People felt the need to dig around public records and all? Like again, this just felt like a really pointless and unnecessary article and not sure what the writer was going for with it. 

Yeah, I think the fans are blowing it out of proportion. I mean I've seen posts about people saying CT should use Diem's eggs she harvested for her to have children she dreamed of. Talk about stepping over the line!

That only seems to be at Vevmo and yeah that was weird and creepy and some posters did try to steer away from that without calling people creepy and weird. But other than that place, I've seen none of that on social media and comment section under the articles. Most people have just expressed feeling sad for her losing her battle and feeling sad for him because he loved her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

I just can't imagine that anyone would put the wrong birth year on her funeral program.  That's just weird.  The timing and tone of that People article seems really piss-y.  I don't think it's remotely appropriate.  And then adding on the age thing at the end, was just an extra dose of it.  I think it was really unnecessary.  Regardless of whether they were officially a couple at the time of her death, it's clear that they loved each other, and that he's brokenhearted over her death.  

It seems like someone wants to portray him as trying to use her death for attention, which is so wrong.  I think he only posted what he did because he had so many tweets from fans that he felt like he had to make a statement of some kind.  It's not like he's been tweeting every day since she passed.  

• Love 1

I have always loved Diem. I had breast cancer at the same time she had her cancer and a reoccurrence around the same time as she did. Let me tell you chemo is no joke. I bitched, moaned, and complained the whole way through the whole thing. Her attitude and love for life was always so uplifting. Not to mention all the physical complications, which she never complained about. i just feel so sad. RIP

I just can't imagine that anyone would put the wrong birth year on her funeral program.  That's just weird.  The timing and tone of that People article seems really piss-y.  I don't think it's remotely appropriate.  And then adding on the age thing at the end, was just an extra dose of it.  I think it was really unnecessary.  Regardless of whether they were officially a couple at the time of her death, it's clear that they loved each other, and that he's brokenhearted over her death.  

It seems like someone wants to portray him as trying to use her death for attention, which is so wrong.  I think he only posted what he did because he had so many tweets from fans that he felt like he had to make a statement of some kind.  It's not like he's been tweeting every day since she passed.  

Basically all this. Just very odd considering how many exclusives they'd had with her and the family so they were clearly a publication she and her family trusted. 

Basically all this. Just very odd considering how many exclusives they'd had with her and the family so they were clearly a publication she and her family trusted. 

I hate to speculate, but since I'm not even thinking of anyone specifically, I'll just put this idea out there -  I wonder if one of her friends or family members didn't really approve of the relationship (and, hey, even though I love CT, I can see why a loved one might not be thrilled with that relationship, given some of their history together and his personal history), so they wanted to knock him down a peg or try to shut up all the people talking about how awful this must be for CT, but they didn't want to go on record with their name attached to the comments, so they talked to People on the condition that they wouldn't be identified.  And then her friend Alicia's comments were likely in response to someone at People contacting her to ask her about Diem and CT's relationship.  Knowing how private Diem was about their relationship, I can see Alicia giving the kind of statement she did, regardless of whether they were together as a couple - it's not news or violating any confidence to say that Diem loved him, but her response remains above the fray and respects Diem's privacy. 

I hate to speculate, but since I'm not even thinking of anyone specifically, I'll just put this idea out there -  I wonder if one of her friends or family members didn't really approve of the relationship (and, hey, even though I love CT, I can see why a loved one might not be thrilled with that relationship, given some of their history together and his personal history), so they wanted to knock him down a peg or try to shut up all the people talking about how awful this must be for CT, but they didn't want to go on record with their name attached to the comments, so they talked to People on the condition that they wouldn't be identified.  And then her friend Alicia's comments were likely in response to someone at People contacting her to ask her about Diem and CT's relationship.  Knowing how private Diem was about their relationship, I can see Alicia giving the kind of statement she did, regardless of whether they were together as a couple - it's not news or violating any confidence to say that Diem loved him, but her response remains above the fray and respects Diem's privacy.

I remember when Gauntlet III was airing it was rumored that Diem's dad did not like the way CT was treating Diem on The Challenge.

Edited by choclatechip45

I wish no regrets for CT.  I hope that he is at peace with the role he played in Diem's life, particularly in the past year or two, I hope he can look back and know that he was present for her in the last couple of months and find peace in that.  I don't know that there's any peace in seeing a fighter like Diem suffer what she did, but it's possible to find peace in your own actions.  

this, 100%, for that entire paragraph. i know that struggle very well. over a year ago, i lost my toddler after a long two and a half year battle with a heart condition he was born with... this whole peace, especially when you say with the role played in the persons last stage of life, afterwards is something I am still struggling with.  it has been over a year since, and i'm still coming to grips with all of this. i feel for CT (and the rest of diem's family) and hope they all find the peace over the grief that i am still trying to find and come to terms with.

Edited by kaydub

I feel fairly sure it came from someone among her circle of friends and family.  It's interesting that whoever it came from isn't identified.  Regardless of the source, though, it was really inappropriate of People to publish it.   It seems like she tried to keep that aspect of her life relatively private (as much as she could given that their relationship played out on TV at various points), and I can't imagine she would have wanted that kind of thing to be publicly hashed out in the immediate aftermath of her death.  Both People and whoever their source was should have taken the high road.  Regardless of the official status of their relationship at the time of her death, it's obvious they were still close, he still cared about her, and he's hurting now.  And if some fans like the thought of their relationship having endured to the end, what's the real harm?  It seems petty to go after him like that. 

I never really followed CT and Diem's relationship, but the little I did see struck me as a couple of people who had very deep, complicated feelings for each other but couldn't quite manage to get along well enough to stay together as a real couple. That doesn't minimize the power of their feelings for each other - sometimes it isn't enough to want someone more than anything or to be more in love with someone than you've ever been with anyone else. Sometimes it still can't work, and that's how they always struck me. Two people with an extraordinary bond and a deep love, who couldn't be together 24/7 in the real world, but still were extremely important in each other's lives.

Of course, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but CT doesn't strike me as someone looking for fame through his ex-girlfriend's death.

• Love 2

I had a thought: It's somewhat amazing and/or crazy that two of the most storied lovebirds (for lack of a better term) were known for their initials. I know we don't spell the name "Ceetee" or initialize "DM" . . . I just found it funny when I put some thought into it.

ETA: Here's a letter I fired off to BMP. I know, it'll fall on deaf ears, but it's a good excuse for me to copy and paste it onto my blog, which I never get around to writing on.

I had a thought: It's somewhat amazing and/or crazy that two of the most storied lovebirds (for lack of a better term) were known for their initials. I know we don't spell the name "Ceetee" or initialize "DM" . . . I just found it funny when I put some thought into it.

I just thought of that the other day! CT and Diem or Christopher and Danielle lol.

I never really followed CT and Diem's relationship, but the little I did see struck me as a couple of people who had very deep, complicated feelings for each other but couldn't quite manage to get along well enough to stay together as a real couple. That doesn't minimize the power of their feelings for each other - sometimes it isn't enough to want someone more than anything or to be more in love with someone than you've ever been with anyone else. Sometimes it still can't work, and that's how they always struck me. Two people with an extraordinary bond and a deep love, who couldn't be together 24/7 in the real world, but still were extremely important in each other's lives.

Of course, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but CT doesn't strike me as someone looking for fame through his ex-girlfriend's death.

I think this time was different. From what Chris' friends have been saying and what he wrote on his instagram, I think they were actually trying to make it a forever thing. Diem was in a relationship for 4 years or something like that with another man and they still remained great friends.. he was one of the people that was very close to her in her final months. But during Rivals 2, a few weeks after their break up, it might not have even been a month, she said she loved CT "from the day she saw him". 

I honestly think she probably saw him as the love of her life too. They literally couldn't be apart from each other without finding their way back. Diem was thinking about marriage and babies and I think CT was part of that plan. At that point in her life, I don't think she would've gotten back together with him if it wasn't a "we're getting married" kind of thing. 

It's so pathetically sad that you finally get reunited with the love of your life and suddenly they're gone. It's just unbelievably cruel. But like they say, "Only unfulfilled love can be romantic". Boy oh boy is that true. 

Edited by HeyHelloHi
  • Love 3

I remember  the Battle of the Exes they had these videos posted online about each relationship and CT seemed very hurt that when him and Diem were together after The Duel, Diem never introduced CT to her family.

Edited by choclatechip45

Agreed.  I don't know that he would have posted anything like he did if he wasn't inundated with tweets from fans who were worried about him.   So he did one post about her and another essentially thanking everyone for their support and signing off social media for a while.  The whole gist of both posts was "I love her, I miss her, and I know I will be OK, but I need some time for myself for a while." 

I just can't imagine that anyone would put the wrong birth year on her funeral program.  That's just weird.  The timing and tone of that People article seems really piss-y.  I don't think it's remotely appropriate.  And then adding on the age thing at the end, was just an extra dose of it.  I think it was really unnecessary. 

Looks like they did put the wrong year on the funeral program on purpose. 

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20875938,00.html

In hindsight, it makes sense because if you go back and look at those clips of her on Fresh Meat 1, they list her age as 25.  That was filmed and aired in 2006, assuming before her birthday in June when she would have turned 26.  I personally don't see the point in shaving off just 2 years (and 34 is still quite young, IMO!) but hey, we all do what we need to do. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1

She probably started to "shave" when she turned 30.  I thought of that as I approached the "big 30".  Makes me sad when I think of the things I did between the ages of 25 - 35.  Fighting cancer was not one of them! 

How different her short life was than what she had envisioned, and what most of her peers experienced.

Every day we see examples of how sometimes life is just not fair, and boy, this is one of them. 

Yeah, she was "famous", but................  It's really wasn't fair. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/diem-browns-love-chris-ct-tamburello-proposed-on-her-deathbed-20142511D

CT proposed to Diem several days before her passing.  A lot of the comments are mixed - but I think this was an incredible gesture.  Diem always talked about marriage and having kids, it seemed to be all she wanted was to get healthy to have those things.  I think it was thoughtful for him to do that for her, though I understand why she said no.  

I know there's mixed belief on whether or not they were together.  My friend saw them over the summer in Nashville and they were definitely "on" then.  But it seems Diem's family/friends want to make it clear they weren't together, while Chris' have said they were very much a couple.  My friend also has a sweet picture of Diem trying to lift up her friend for a picture.

I guess it doesn't matter, but I get sad for CT when people are calling him an opportunist.  It's not like he came out of the woodwork to get press about this - they'd basically been seen together the entire last year and a half of her life and tried to keep it as private as possible.

Edited by Dev
  • Love 1

I hope CT's friends and family are staying away from social media and these articles. It's so hurtful. I can totally understand why Chris proposed. I'm sure this isn't how he wanted to do it but he was probably the last gesture of love he could offer her. I'm sure at one point it became obvious that she wasn't going to make it and he probably panicked. There was so much he wanted to say or to do and he just wanted his last memories of her to be of her smiling, thinking about their wedding. I can imagine he was just out of his mind and want to do anything to prove his love. But I understand why Diem said no. Even at her worst I can still see her wanting the best proposal ever.

The comments people have been giving him are just f'ed up and cruel. There's a lot of things I doub about Ct but I don't doubt he loved Diem.

I also thought it was weird that Alicia basically alluded that a lot of Diem's friends didn't like CT. I wonder if that's why these "sources" keep leaking crap about him.

• Love 2

The whole thing with her age, again considering her family basically went as far as putting a different birth date on her funeral program, I can't imagine that they just willingly decided to admit the truth to PEOPLE. Again what stood out to me in the first article about her age was the editor's comment that they confirmed it through public records. So it makes me think they dug around and then when the proof was right there, the family had no choice but to admit it. I guess my feeling though was why it mattered so much that PEOPLE felt the need to search public records and all. Like was it that important? The whole thing is just a bit odd. 

And the stuff about CT, I liked what Alicia said in the US Weekly article and believe that's probably the most accurate and truthful account since her death, of what was happening and happened between them. Which again goes back to my earlier point that clearly he loved her and she loved him and they were in each other's life in some capacity. Which again makes me question why it was so necessary for whoever spoke to PEOPLE and the magazine itself to create this whole narrative that almost made it seem like CT was just pretending they had anything to do with each other. And like someone else noted, it's telling that the whoever made the comment to PEOPLE remained anonymous. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

The cynicism in the comments on that article, yeesh!  My first instinct in reading it was that he loved her, he knew she was nearing the end, and the two of them had talked about marriage, so he wanted to be able to give that to her. He also wanted to marry her years ago, and maybe he felt like even if it could only now be a marriage counted in days (or hours), he still wanted to marry her.  And I took her turning him down to be that she didn't want to be married like this.  

The people on there saying if he wanted to marry her he had plenty of time before she got sick - well, we don't know, for sure, how long they were together or whether they were.  We know that he wanted to marry her back during their first relationship, and she didn't think they were ready (or, at least, she wasn't ready).  this isn't something he came out of the blue with.  And it's not like she had been pining and waiting for years for him to marry her and he refused until right this minute.

Also, I think it's kind of cute and sweet that when she said "I don't like rubies," he came back the next day with an entirely different ring.  I'd imagine that it made her smile, and I'm guessing that was his ultimate goal. 

• Love 2

CT and diem were totally dating, I saw both of them kissing and holding hands on New york around july of this year, Im really sad for ct, bc the guy really loved diem, and if you have been following him on his challenge career, you will notice that ct is one of the few cast members that always keeps his private life apart of the challenges, he doesn't use his "fame" to promote stuff, like must of this people do.

Its just annoying that some people are claiming that he is taking advantage of the situation, and claiming he didn't love diem, to my acknowledge both reconnected last year after rivals 2, she was spot on boston a lot, if he wanted to take advantage of her, then why he didnt say anything before, when she talked about diem, was to support her and her charity with his posts on ig. 

If you read diem interviews, and blogs with people, you will notice how marriage and kids were her goal in life, CT proposing her was making one of her dreams come true, whats wrong with that?, He knew she was on her last days, and he wanted to show her how much he loved her.

Im just calling bs on those "sources" who conveniently don't have a name, and who clearly are taking advantage of this, shame on them.

Edited by fredj
  • Love 2

From People:

"She worked in an industry where age matters....Diem took a couple of years off of her age because of all the years lost, starting and stopping her journalism career because of treatments," Megan says.

Age matters in journalism? Since when? Maybe her sister was talking about her "job" on The Challenge, which is still ridiculous, but as for journalism, the truth is the most important tenet. Lying about her age isn't up there with the shoddy error-filled WMD reporting, but it's still not ok. As a journalist, the truth needs to matter all the time. And I don't mean to pile on, but using cancer as an excuse to lie is also wrong. It feels exploitive and manipulative.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure Diem wanted to be an entertainment reporter as in the vein of Giuliana Rancic, Nancy O'Dell and even her best friend Alicia who, like Giuliana, works for E! News. I believe that's what her sister was referring to about her journalism career because despite the fact that many do dismiss these women as not being "real journalists", pretty much most of them do have journalism degrees. 

And while I'm not necessarily condoning lying about your age, I can definitely believe that there is pressure in that industry even if all they do is interview the real stars and celebrities. However many of them become decent names on their own and that same pressure of Hollywood affects them as well. It's why people have commented on Giulianna's weight for example and how super Hollywood skinny she is. So I can definitely buy Diem feeling that Hollywood pressure wanting to be in that industry. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

It's one thing to be an actress in Hollywood, where probably 9 out of 10 actresses lie about their age due to ageism, and another thing to be a reporter in Hollywood. Actresses have a short shelf life, and it's hard to get roles after a certain age. An entertainment reporter simply covers the news, so who cares how old you are. I don't know if it was vanity on Diem's part, or insecurities, or what.....it was just weird.

I think that, for women, any job where you're going to be on camera, age and appearance matter.  Yes, there are some women in journalism (both straight journalism and entertainment reporting) who have managed to transcend their age and carry on for decades, but those are the exceptions.  And, when you're still trying to break into the industry, it certainly helps to be younger.  

• Love 1

Yes, if you're a tv or on-camera reporter, appearance is important, and I'm sure a lot of female anchors and reporters get plastic surgery and the like as they age in order to look younger (which I'm sympathetic to). But why lie about your age? It's not like anyone hiring ever asks how old you are - that's illegal. Instead, hiring decisions are made on experience and skills, and yes, probably on what you look like, esp. for women. Diem either had the chops, or she didn't (and the same would have been true for her future) irrespective of whatever numerical age she assigned herself.

I don't see how Diem's family and friends setting the record straight about CT and their relationship is any worse than CT's family and friends going to the press to discuss their relationship. It's obvious Diem's family and close friends didn't approve, and more power to them to try to set the record straight as they knew it amidst the false stories floating around. Too bad if the shippers have a problem with it. Their priority is Diem and her legacy, not the CT/Diem saga.

And yes as much as I like Chris and believed he loved Diem, their relationship was not healthy. I also can't forget his history of being a raging liar, both on and off camera, since his days in Paris and through his promotional sppearances. I can't forget the pathology involved when he allowed his housemates to believe he bought Leah those flowers. It wasn't even done as a joke with a "Got ya!" moment, and he would have allowed everyone to believe it had Leah's friend not set the record straight. Nor the pathology involved when he has flipped out repeatedly. While I do believe he has changed some, I don't think he's completely changed. Hence the distance with her family and some friends, who do not owe him nor shippers anything.

I think both sides of Diem and CT have the right to speak to the press respectfully with their thoughts and opinions of the relationship. They only know what they've seen and what their child/sibling/friend has shared with them about the relationship. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but given the history of these two individuals, I cannot fully trust everything that comes out of Chris' mouth although I do believe his grief is very real.

I think you're looking at the situation too narrowly. To be honest, it doesn't really mater who Diem was with or if she was even with anybody. But I find it crass that people are going out of their way to create drama. CT has posted like 5 things on his instagram since Diem got sick. None of them were inappropriate or wrong or too revealing. His friends and family have not said anything other than Diem was a great woman and she will be missed. Maybe two or three people said they had a great bond but nothing to really look into. The information coming from Diem's friends seems very strategic in bashing CT. All the crap that happened between them in private. CT hasn't reveled that information and most likely will never talk about. His friends and family have not reveled that information. Diem kept her private life private and it should remain so. Now that the PEOPLE and Us stories have been released people are taking even more focus of Diem's legacy. What Alicia said was fine and it should have been left at that. The other sources are going too far in talking about CT and Diem. I picked up the article today about the whole proposal thing and it seems like CT did all he could to help but he made people uncomfortable so he tried to give them some space but he at least tried. He doesn't need to be idolized or thrown under the bus. People should just leave him alone to let him grieve and pursue other ways of keeping Diem's legacy alive.

• Love 5
CT's family and friends going to the press to discuss their relationship.

But what press though? Unless I missed something, there was one guy who posted on his twitter or Facebook that his friend lost his girlfriend, and he mentioned CT's name and asked for people to pray for him. And I think there was one Facebook comment by his father about how much they cared for Diem and thought she was a great girl and then one other guy posted an Instagram picture of CT and Diem together in his shop, I think he was a hairdresser friend, and wrote something about how they looked at each other and loved each other.

In none of that did CT say anything. And then after a number of days, he posted something on his Instagram talking about how much he loved her and then another message thanking people for their concern and that's been in it. So where in that have any of these people been going to the press?

And as many others noted, it wasn't that the article just stated that Diem was single, what some were uncomfortable by was almost this tone like CT was running around spinning this tale that wasn't true when again, CT hadn't said much during Diem's illness and after her death. And on top of that E! News, the same day the PEOPLE Magazine article came out, released an article calling her his girlfriend which is interesting because her friend Alicia works for E! The same Alicia that was pretty much used as something of a spokesperson for Diem, the sicker she got. 

And not for nothing, my heart goes out to Diem's family but keep in mind this is a family who went as far as putting a different birth date on her funeral program to continue the lie she'd told about being two years younger than she was. And so again, this isn't some shippers being pissy, at least not for me (can't speak for other places) but instead feeling like this turn her story seemed to take in the magazine, barely two weeks after her death wasn't necessary. It wasn't just the CT issue but even the whole age thing.

It's not like CT called up US Weekly or some magazine and agreed to do an exclusive sit down interview with them to talk about his and Diem's amazing love story. Then yeah  I could buy the family feeling the need to set the record straight. But all the CT/Diem talk seemed to be more of an online thing and even then, excluding the few nutjobs, most people were just expressing concern and love to CT for what he was going through because they knew he loved her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

How about no sources at all? How about MedGift sources or sources on why the American healthcare system had to force Diem to raise 100,000 to pay for that terrible diseases? No diss to you at all, I see your point but these article don't do anything for Diem's legacy. CT is staying quiet so everyone else should. Let D RIP, that's all.

• Love 1