Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Montreal

WendyCR72

Guess I dozed off, because when I opened my eyes there was a drug sniffing dog.  Who requested the dog, and based on what evidence?  Where was the dog's human handler?

I didn't necessarily think that the story about why 11-year-old Castle decided to be a mystery writer was related to the whatever went down while he was missing, just that he knew it was the one thing he had never told anyone else, so if this guy mentioned it, he'd know to believe what he was saying. Since so little of this story makes sense, though, I could be completely wrong about that.

Ah thank you that's what I got from their conversation too! What I understood was that he confessed about that childhood trauma so the guy could prove that Castle really wanted his memory wiped and didn't want to know what had happened. What Castle went through during those two months has nothing to do with what happened back then, they're two separate things. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

BBM, this! Can we have a really big Martha COTW. Just let Susan pull out all the stops. Maybe for Christmas. That would be delicious.

Isn't Martha the only one who hasn't either been kidnapped or cloned. Her day is coming!

BTW, I wonder if the reason for the Denge(sp) fever was to cause amnesia. It can cause encephalopathy, which in turn can trigger amnesia. But Castle would still be darned sick if it was bad enough to swell his brain. Other possible causes of retrograde amnesia are head trauma which would cause brain damage, traumatic event -- or psychotic episode. Any of those would severely degrade his ability to function right now. A doctor would be really helpful with understanding all that.

I was not a fan of this episode, even though I want more dog episodes! ;-) I may be suddenly back to how I felt at the end of last season. (Picture me with Castle cartoon desperate look).

<Insert re-listing of all the reasons itemized in other posts.>

Facts don't jive with other facts. The show from week to week is incoherent. They really need to work with teams of writers, in sort of a daisy chain where one writer who had worked on a previous week is working on the next week. It's like we not only get different episodes but almost different shows from week to week. The story behind the disappearance should be a worked out storyline, rather than what is starting to seem like cobbled together crap.

BTW, I wonder what Castle was really thinking with those big teary eyes (the Montreal building scene). It would be something like, "I placed the TP in the under waterfall position this morning!" Oh noes! LOL.

Edited by TVWithPity
  • Love 1

Exactly.  Beckett shouldn't be doubting Castle both because of the evidence doesn't hold up, but more importantly, because of his character and as the guy she couldn't wait to spend the rest of her life with. That belief should be steadfast and not waver easily.  She really needs to believe in him when he's going through such a vulnerable, confused period himself.

Why would you want to contemplate marrying a guy who you even suspect might be complicit in arranging his own disappearance, fabricating evidence to fool everyone and lying to his loved ones for months on end? So yeah they should have quit bringing up the evidence each time to show Kate doubting him because that got annoying real fast.

Especially since they went so hard in the other direction in Probable Cause, this is the woman who said "the evidence isn't the whole story; Castle's taught me that." and the same woman who told Castle "I never stopped" when it came to believing in him despite overwhelming evidence which pointed towards his guilt. To have the writers switch it around here using the evidence as the key factor in creating doubt for Kate about the man she loved didn't make any sense in light of this. I'd like to see a bit of consistency please instead of making the character fit the plot which never works well. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

Did he tell them it all comes back to whatever happened to him in the woods when he was 11 years old ? Or did I get that part wrong ? I don't really get that anyway. So something happened in the woods when Castle was 11 years old. No one but him knows about it and that's why he became a mystery writer. YEARS later whatever happened there comes knocking on his door and he has to do something about it ? On his wedding day ? Which leads to him getting shot, infected with Dengue fever, in a dinghy with no recollection of what happened in those two months and now he is apparently responsible for the memory loss himself since whatever came back made him do it ?

I saw the 11-year old woods story simply as a mechanism for Fake Henry Jenkins to prove his mettle with Castle.  Meaning, Castle told him that story because he knew no one else knew it, and futureCastle would know it was true. I didn't get that this seminal event is somehow related to the current mythology. You guys are giving me something more to think about! (Anyone else feel like they were watching Alias??)

I didn't necessarily think that the story about why 11-year-old Castle decided to be a mystery writer was related to the whatever went down while he was missing, just that he knew it was the one thing he had never told anyone else, so if this guy mentioned it, he'd know to believe what he was saying. Since so little of this story makes sense, though, I could be completely wrong about that.

Perhaps I should have read further before responding! At least I know i'm not crazy!

• Love 2

I saw the 11-year old woods story simply as a mechanism for Fake Henry Jenkins to prove his mettle with Castle.  Meaning, Castle told him that story because he knew no one else knew it, and futureCastle would know it was true. I didn't get that this seminal event is somehow related to the current mythology. You guys are giving me something more to think about! (Anyone else feel like they were watching Alias??)

Perhaps I should have read further before responding! At least I know i'm not crazy!

I watched the scene again and yeah it sounds more like it was just something they agreed on in order for Castle to know what fakeJenkins was talking about. I think I got it all mixed up with what Marlowe said over the last couple of weeks. Should know by now that whatever he is talking about won't turn out the same way on tv.

Will Castle have amnesia on Castle? — Crystal, via Twitter

Unlikely. In fact, given creator Andrew W. Marlowe's refusal to characterize the events of the season finale as a "near-death experience," we're not certain Castle was even seriously injured. But Castle will certainly need all his wits to piece together exactly what's happened and why. "There are going to be some unanswered questions and some really great mysteries that Castle himself is going to be investigating moving forward," executive producer David Amann teases. Adds Marlowe: "Why does he do what does? Why is he interested in murder? What has gone on in his past? These are rich questions we haven't really explored." Pretty hard to do some soul-searching if you can't remember anything!

So yeah maybe it will come back since apparently that's one of the questions they wanna answer or they will just drop it since I guess that mythology storyline is done for now and will be back for the two-parter like they said.

• Love 1

I think it remains to be seen whether what happened to Castle when he was 11 years old has anything to do with his kidnapping and whether fake Jenkins is to be trusted at all, but either way, I do want to know what seminal event happened then that made him become a mystery writer and have him share that with Beckett (a good time for her to share what his books meant to her all these years and her mother as well).   Marlowe has said that they'll be delving into the question of why Castle got into the macabre this season so it should be answered sometime, satisfactorily or not.  I hope 11 year old Castle didn't accidentally kill someone or something as crazy as that!  May be interesting if he feels a sense of guilt about whatever happened then, in the same way he feels guilty over 3XK being free. There could be some consistency in that aspect of characterisation at least.

Random musings:

- So that's where the creepy doll in the loft came from! ;)  Still vote for it to be discarded, or at least removed to the privacy of Alexis' room, out of sight.

- Completely forgot to comment about Esplanie because they are so forgettable at this point.  Didn't care for the "Hi Sexy" ringtone.  Not funny or sexy, and also Esposito is neither in my book.

- Still no money to pay the lighting bills?  The morgue scene was so dark!  Never seemed that dark in the morgue before.

- Alexis could do Tori's job if they wanted to give her more to do... just kidding.  Martha should do Alexis/Tori's jobs so she can get some well deserved screen time. ;)

- I can imagine Castle as a CEO of a toy company.  

- I'd rather see sexy lovers Caskett ianyday instead of disapproving mother/man child Caskett, but I admit that Castle's "toys!" and his face did make me laugh when he begged Beckett to let him go to Montreal.  At least he said he was a grown man first heh.  

- Don't see the point of Castle kissing Gates at all, except that the writers got a kick out of it and thought it was funny.  The same way they get a kick out of endlessly cockblocking Caskett.  Seriously, do they still think it's funny to do that?  Instead of irritating?  Why not actually give us some (very minimal ;)) sexy instead of denying us even that?  How is that fun for the viewers?  Isn't it obvious that more sexy Caskett makes for generally happier viewers?  I have never seen as much cockblocking on any show as much as this one, and it's not even a sitcom!  I have never seen as little kissing and sex for an adult couple that are together, especially when the romance is a key engine of the show.  Their choices in this regard just boggle the mind!

- I did like Castle's charcoal shirt.  One of Luke's better wardrobe choices.

• Love 1

Having been burned by shows (I'm looking at you, Lost) that try to make the big mystery, but fail to execute said mystery in a plausible way, I am very concerned about this thing that happened to Castle that was so bad (or something) that he chose not to remember. Why? Was he under a mystery Dome for a couple of months and the Government wiped his memory of it because it's secret? (If so, please wipe my memory of the last two seasons of Under the Dome, please). I just cannot fathom what would be so horrible that you could not tell the people you love and who love you. I know whatever they come up with to explain will not meet my expectations of "so bad I had my memory wiped on purpose". Are the sharks getting ready to jump?

Edited by Julie23
  • Love 4

I'm now wondering what the point of having a 'Castle behind his disappearance' angle was. I get that there was no real doubt that Castle was going to found alive but if you extrapolate that theory to the other cliffhangers there was never any doubt Beckett would survive her shooting or Alexis would be rescued. The tension is generated by being drawn into the characters & THEIR doubt that everything will be ok. I think a huge problem with Driven was Beckett's cold fish reactions actually repelled us back enough to scrutinise the plot & find it wanting. Montreal did a much better job of pulling us into Castle's seesaw of guilt, confusion & indignation. Then the video made it pretty clear that Castle was a reluctant party & certainly didn't spend 8 weeks in a tent (if that wasn't clear enough already). When you compare with Target- they weren't going to kill Alexis but Castle's raw grief pulled us along. Then remember Castle's genuine regret he had to torture a suspect against Beckett's casual cool. They should have played it straight with Beckett's badass moments contrasted with hugging his pillow at night & Alexis thrown back to her own experience.

I reckon I could make a good backstory with what they have built so far. I'm a bit worried what they actually have planned. This could go so very wrong & sharks could be jumped unfortunately.

Edited by Ticketyboo23
  • Love 3

Some people here may think the evidence is stupid but they have him on video and his DNA in the tent.

So what? Is it beyond the realms of possibility his DNA couldn't have been planted?  And others have already suggested why he could have been on video which didn't automatically mean he was guilty. Cops are taught to look beyond the obvious which Beckett and the boys plainly didn't do (for plot purposes) but convicted on what they immediately saw.

• Love 1

Also wanted to add that I did not get the vibe that Martha knows anything. I saw it as Martha being Martha.

Then again maybe she could and Susan didn't know that at the time of filming and just played it normal.

I have to agree with you that I haven't got any vibes that Martha is holding back something back.   In the first episode everyone was acting OOC in various ways to me because of the story so I discount that episode but in the second one I didn't really notice anything that stuck out.  

Jesus, if they do a Beckett's mom/Castle's dad crossover at any point on this show than it's officially jumped the shark. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

Castle: Montreal – A Good Cop/Bad Cop Review from Lee Lofland.

Some excerpts, had to smile at the first one: 

- During the search of the toy company we saw Ryan playing on the giant keyboard while Esposito pawed through paperwork and other items. Believe me, this sort of thing happens all the time—officers trying on someone’s funny hat, posing for a selfie with the suspect’s rare 9-legged Martian platypus, etc. Is that wrong? Definitely, but it happens.

- The goofy, stupid, magic computer. Dumb. I really hate that they’ve added this “device” that allows the writers to skip over/avoid the hard spots. It’s cheating, and it’s insulting to viewers.

Finally, the killer was, as expected, the toy company employee who had that quick, trademark/boilerplate script on-camera time.

Oh, one more month until the wedding? No surprise there. This show is the world’s worst for over-milking every single storyline.

I'm with Lee about the "magic" computer that is a lazy writers best friend. 

• Love 1

I was under the impression that whatever Castle SAW happen was while he was gone.

So that couldnt' be Bracken's first murder.

I highly doubt Johanna Beckett was in cahoots with Bracken.

I can't be sure because I'm not the Other Poster, but I think they were joking!

This episode was somehow a let-down in terms of character development and further enlightenment of the new “mythology” (I’m disappointed enough to put mythology in quotes now :-).

So Castle does indeed not remember the tiniest thing. Bummer, I thought it would have explained his strange behaviour and Beckett’s lingering distrust during last episode quite well.

The way I understand the two months: Castle was on his way to the wedding minding his own business when that car pulled up behind him. They have a nice chat and Castle decides something they talked about is worth to vanish from his loved ones. They get rid of his car, then he makes the money drop for the other car, and off they go somewhere where they do something. At one point he records the video messages which shall be delivered to Kate, Alexis and Martha in case he dies (maybe the guy from the bank was in on it?). Anyway, after two months he decides to return to his normal life. It seems the only way to do it is to have his memory wiped (either on his own account or because it’s the only way to leave the life his lived for two months). And there he’s back again…

The key sewed in his pants, very secretive. Does that mean that despite him going for the memory wipe (How? And such a specific amount of time?), he wanted something left to uncover the truth?

And as others, I’m still not sure why all these fake leads about him camping and stealing a dinghy were needed? To buy time? For what?

I really hope that Marlowe/Amann will continue to drop hints during the next episodes because right now it’s a mess. It’s not a story, it’s just myriad of unanswered questions that can be answered in any directions the writers want. Which is probably meant to be that way but it takes the fun and anticipation out, at least for me. In terms of character development and interaction I suspect it won’t have any impact either, just back to how it was before 6.23 (other than Lanie and Javier being an item now).

• Love 3

And maybe it's just me, but I'm completely confused as to what in the hell is going on with this new mythology. So Castle saw/did something when he was 11 that made him want to be a writer that no one knows about...and then he wants to be taken to do/see something but can't deal with the consequences so they Eternal-Sunshine-of-the-Spotless-Mind-him and now he can't/won't know what happened to him. And the truth is I sort of dont care what in the hell he was up to for two months, since no one else really seems that invested in figuring it out.

I'm glad someone else can't get a handle on this new mythology. Perhaps it's just sinuses clogging my logic processors, but every tiime I try to work it through, it slips and slides like Jello (without any fruit bits to grab onto).

I'm just surprised they didn't have Caskett adopt the cockblocking dog so that it could become a featured player and continue the tradition.

• Love 2

I think it remains to be seen whether what happened to Castle when he was 11 years old has anything to do with his kidnapping and whether fake Jenkins is to be trusted at all, but either way, I do want to know what seminal event happened then that made him become a mystery writer and have him share that with Beckett (a good time for her to share what his books meant to her all these years and her mother as well).

I think it's safe to say that what happened to Castle when he was 11 has nothing to do with his kidnapping, simply because that story is meant to be a signal to Castle to stop trying to find out what happened. Maybe Fake Jenkins is telling the truth that Castle told him that secret himself to use as a signal when Castle inevitably started digging into the kidnapping, or maybe, as some people here have suggested, Fake Jenkins forced it out of him somehow (although in that case Castle could have just made up "a secret that no one else knows"). Either way, Fake Jenkins wouldn't use a clue that's related to the kidnapping as the signal to Castle to stop investigating the kidnapping.

It was a better episode than last week, but I'm still not sold on the new mythology. It seems like this is going in some sort of spy-related direction, which I'm not crazy about. I really hope they're not trying to retcon a secret agent backstory for Castle.

I'm fine with them putting off the wedding for a bit, even if the specific timing is an obvious ploy to have the wedding take place during November sweeps. With what Castle and Beckett have been through, it makes sense that they'd want to take a bit of time to settle in again and put the kidnapping behind them.

• Love 2

(Anyone else feel like they were watching Alias??)

The recording for Beckett and memory wiping - I thought I was watching Alias season 3.

I agree about the 11 year old story being nothing to due with his 2 months away but whatever happened it appears to be some bad shit. Maybe witnessing a murder or committing one in self defence?

Other items of note in this episode:

- Nathan's acting! So many moments to choose from.

- Hollanders Wood story better be worth it but I doubt it will ever be touched on again.

- Esplaine? Ugh, please make it stop!

- Interuptus as I have coined it - just stop it already. Echoing everyone thoughts - not funny at all, never has been.

- Further on the point above, can they not make it more obvious that the 2 leads on this show cannot stand to be even in the same room together? Not only interrupting kissing moments etc, but they seem to be splitting them up more often (noticed this last season) and writing scenes where they were on the phone together (makes it seem like they are together but their not). The writers/actors etc need to put on their big girly pants and get on with it.

Edited by Brit Babe
  • Love 2

The scene with him professing his love for her via video tape had more love and intimacy than any scene they've had together.

Yes! Reminded me of the video chat scene from 6x03 for exactly the same reasons.

And Marlowe is enjoying the fans hating this, because he has no respect for the fans. The self-congratulatory blinders-on back-slapping they do, is proof they clearly don't care about reviews.

#respecttheprocess

• Love 1

Hi, everyone. Let's leave the supposition of the actors hating each other as fact/quasi-fact out of posts. All it does is lead to supposition that will never be proven or not and leads to the circle of "NF and/or SK is a bitch/bastard/unprofessional" when there is no basis for any of this.

We all believe what we believe, but until we have any sort of factual basis about this "war", let it go and keep it to the show and not behind the scenes.

Thank you and carry on!

• Love 3

- The goofy, stupid, magic computer. Dumb. I really hate that they’ve added this “device” that allows the writers to skip over/avoid the hard spots. It’s cheating, and it’s insulting to viewers.

No, no it's not. It's a plot convienence because it's a TV show and the subset of people that watch this show don't need (or probably even want) to watch an hour of police procedural "hard spots".

I thought Lee of Loft-land was around to provide a service to entertainment writers - to verify and help explain and authenticate police procedural. While I don't think Castle really benefits from that (people don't watch this show for gritty police realism), when did he also become an entertainment critic?

Castle 1.9/9.65

Castle adjusted up to a 2.0/9.0mil, which isn't that far off last week's premiere. Still pretty solid. (And crushing NCIS: LA.)

Edited by McManda
  • Love 3
While some may not like the story, that isn't what is happening here.

This is a plan.

I buy there is a plan.  I don't think they planned for this in season 1, but I believe they have a plan now.  The question is whether or not it's a good plan.

So what? Is it beyond the realms of possibility his DNA couldn't have been planted?  And others have already suggested why he could have been on video which didn't automatically mean he was guilty.

Exactly, that is what Beckett is doing.  She is saying she is trusting him over the evidence.  The fact that the DNA could have been planted doesn't mean it's not still evidence.

I was under the impression that whatever Castle SAW happen was while he was gone.

So that couldn't' be Bracken's first murder.

It could if time travel was involved.  If we want to explore all possible theories.  Actually, with time travel you could have Castle be the one to kill Joanna Beckett.

Something had to have happened before he saw whatever he wanted to forget though, right? Because he apparently asked for him memory to get wiped 3 weeks ago. If we assume it's been a week since he returned, that is still 6 weeks unaccounted for.  That picture of him at the bank was taken 6 weeks ago.  I think after the accident someone told him something that convinced him to make that money drop and stay away from everyone. So, that suggests it is connected to something in his past.  But I don't think it's something that he would ever know is an issue (such a secret past life as a CIA agent).

The recording for Beckett and memory wiping - I thought I was watching Alias season 3.

Another show where the main character was dumb enough to think they could erase their memory and their memory-wiped selves wouldn't investigate what happened.  I love Alias, but Sydney was kind of dumb there.

The scene with him professing his love for her via video tape had more love and intimacy than any scene they've had together.

I actually thought the video tape has less love/intimacy then all the rest of their scenes.  Especially the bedroom scenes in the last two episodes.

One other thing I've been meaning to say.  Was that scene at the begining with the rowers finding the body actually supposed to look like NYC?

Edited by KaveDweller

No, no it's not. It's a plot convienence because it's a TV show and the subset of people that watch this show don't need (or probably even want) to watch an hour of police procedural "hard spots".

Whilst in Castle's case many do not tune in expecting it to be a police procedural, that doesn't mean the writers should duck out of the business of good storytelling and skip over plot holes and create short cuts because they can't make the story work otherwise. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 3

Whilst in Castle's case many do not tune in expecting it to be a police procedural, that doesn't mean the writers should duck out of the business of good storytelling and skip over plot holes and create short cuts because they can't make the story work otherwise.

Yes, because Castle's biggest issue is plot holes made by incorrect police procedural. (The board would suggest otherwise, and rightly. Lack of consistent characterization is much more important than an unrealistic database of city skylines.)

It's not a plot hole to have a Tory have a supercomputer or Lanie expedite DNA. It's not that they can't make the story work otherwise. It's that they don't want to spend 3 episodes on a case and have to fill time (with things I'm sure wouldn't be up to snuff) while all that's happening. Things like that are a plot device - a plot device that isn't just unique to Castle. So is Beckett being allowed to work a case featuring her fiancee/fiancee's daughter/friend/co-worker/mother. It's a plot device that had Castle and Beckett investigating a case on their vacation. It's a plot device that was used to get Castle and Beckett to play mommy&daddy to a baby without actually giving them a baby.

It's nitpicking for nitpicking's sake. It's tired and annoying, especially because such plot devices are something to be expected (in entertainment) and accepted (usually), except when it's something to be complained about.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 3

What's really gets me is they wiped his memory for exactly two months how the hell does that happen? Guess I shouldn't think about it too much. The key sewn into the pants does make me wonder what he was worried about that caused him do that, I'm surprised they didn't go and put 47 on it just to get the fans jumping. Like SonikTooth I'm confused, I don't feel I've had any answers just lots of questions piled on that create even more confusion and I think they should have given slightly more out at this stage two episodes in, I realise they want this "mythology" to carry on possibly long term (more than a season?) but as of this moment it's not got me hooked eager to know what's coming next.

• Love 1

I had a much bigger problem with Tory herself than her computer.

I know she is a glorified day player but she deliver her lines in dead voice. Why do we even need her?

Why indeed, I have no idea as Ryan does (or did) her job. having watched her now for a while I find her very wooden, I know she's hardly given many lines to impress but every time I see her she reminds me she's taking valuable screen time away from the other characters. 

The key sewn into the pants does make me wonder what he was worried about that caused him do that, I'm surprised they didn't go and put 47 on it just to get the fans jumping.

Someone tweeted Marlowe? (or Terri?) to ask why the key wasn't 47.

The response was 3+8=4+7, meaning they because they both equal 11, it's the same idea.

• Love 1
And yes we can most certainly discuss what we think is a good plan/story or not.

That's kind of the point of this forum, right?

I don't think we can really tell whether it was good until we get to the sweeps episode where we find out some real information about this whole thing.  These past couple episodes are really just the set up for something down the line, we can't tell if it is worth it until then.

Why indeed, I have no idea as Ryan does (or did) her job. having watched her now for a while I find her very wooden

She's a little wooden, but I like her for a couple reasons.  She's more tecgnical than Ryan, there's a difference between being able to research online and be able to track IP adresses.  It also seems more realistic that there are more than 4 cops working on a case, and I like thinking there are more people at the precinct the group interacts with.  And I just like seeing women in tech jobs, because that tends to be rarer IRL.  (I also liked that she was supposed to be an Espo love-interest and take Esplanie off the table, but I guess that's no longer happening).

• Love 1
Definitely the point of the forum. I guess that sounded a little stupid but I wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to say we shouldn't discuss what is good and not good when I said this is definitely a planned out story.

No, it didn't sound stupid, I was just agreeing with your point. 

• Love 1
Don't see the point of Castle kissing Gates at all, except that the writers got a kick out of it and thought it was funny.

I actually thought that Gates had unknowingly said the trigger word that had been planted in Castle hypnotically during his missing period. Though why he would be programmed to kiss Gates, I have no idea. At least he didn't try to kill her. But Castle had a reason, of sorts, for his action. So post hypnotic suggestion is at least one cliche they didn't hit in this story line.

I enjoyed this episode, though when the dog interrupted the kiss, I could almost hear the screams of frustration echoing throughout the viewing public. 

...I hate their squish name, and all squish names of any TV couple.

Why is this a thing?

I blame Bennifer.

I don't care for the couple-y names either or this ridiculous need in pop culture and TV have to "name" every couple in existence. 

• Love 2

As far as no kissing goes I have a theory after seeing the sneak for next week that they might be building to some sort of Always type moment.

Just a hunch I have.

I had that hunch several times last year. Didn't pan out, FYI. My hunch is that anything remotely like kissing or sex takes a great deal of time and at times requires a closed set. All that doesn't work well with shortened hours.....

• Love 1

Thanks McManda for the information on the number on the key.

The intimacy wasn't too bad, but Beckett wearing too many clothes was a bit distracting, and the intimacy might be heightened if they shot both of them in the same frame so we could see their body/eye language with each other instead of closeups of them individually.

Didn't she have a robe on as well? I can understand outside the bed but in it seems overkill to me unless it's freezing cold and you have no heating, the actors must be sweltering. The next step is a coat. If for whatever reason TPTB don't want to show this couple on screen getting physical that's their business but at least give the impression they want to. Also would it have killed him to put his arm around Kate at the end there whilst she snuggled up to him to give it an increased level of intimacy, posed as he was it gave him a detached air and I'm not sure if that was the general idea or not. I certainly appreciated the view of Nathan's biceps though! 

- I'd rather see sexy lovers Caskett ianyday instead of disapproving mother/man child Caskett, but I admit that Castle's "toys!" and his face did make me laugh when he begged Beckett to let him go to Montreal.  At least he said he was a grown man first heh.

I have to say I would rather they had played him asking in a more sober grown up way, they've played on that dynamic a bit too often for my liking over recent seasons for laughs and it makes me wince every time. I still can't get over Castle going up to Montreal and Beckett agreeing to stay behind, job or no job. To then have him sneaking back later alone without telling her was worse although at least he did tell her what had happened as soon as he got back which a huge relief. I thought they were going to have him cover it up to create angst later on. 

There should always be case of the week. That's what the show is about. The relationship can't swallow the show whole.  

What happened when Castle was 11 has nothing to do with what just happened the past 2 months  Not sure why that is getting mixed up.

• Love 1

The closed set thing is sort of a Hollywood myth considering all sets are labeled "closed" at least in my experience.

Not in the industry like Elysium, but did work for a company licensing Babylon 5 merchandise and had the opportunity to visit the production facilities one time. They did apologize that it was a closed set that day specifically for the comfort of the actors (Lyta/Byron love scene), because usually visitors would have had more access.

• Love 1

"Does anyone else wonder if the show borrowed the flashy thing from Men in Black to wipe Castle's memory?"

I wondered if Spock came back in time to do this for Castle, as he did for Captain Kirk once. 

I happen to be currently working as a stand in on a network show filmed in NYC. We are shooting a love scene with the character I am standing in for tomorrow- I have been told that there will be minimal crew on set- that is my understanding of "closed set." Only completely necessary crew and no extra people. It will be interesting to see and do!

Yeah that's what I'm used to every set being like.

I guess some are more lax with that.

Well, in my experience, there are usually some extra PAs and make-up and hair people etc, and that they will minimize that.

I won't be upset if I'm wrong. It could end up being a kiss and fade to black.   But it was just a thought.

I appreciate the thought but I never expect to see another Always style scene ever again, that was a one off to get them together. I think I'll stick with your kiss and fade to black scenario and even expecting that seems (based on what I've seen so far this season) like I'm wanting too much. 

I appreciate the thought but I never expect to see another Always style scene ever again, that was a one off to get them together. I think I'll stick with your kiss and fade to black scenario and even expecting that seems (based on what I've seen so far this season) like I'm wanting too much. 

They are going to have a field day next week with interrupting Castle and Beckett all episode long. In the end we'll get something when the lights are out and the camera team went home already.

• Love 1

They are going to have a field day next week with interrupting Castle and Beckett all episode long. In the end we'll get something when the lights are out and the camera team went home already.

Even the "invisible" killer is going to get in on the interrupting act, pulling his invisible puppet strings.  ;)  The real invisible killer is AM of course.

Zero expectations and I foresee the same.  We'll get some tepid pecks at the end complete with annoying chirpy music as they fade to black.  Or it'll just be Beckett verbally teasing about some fonting and we don't even get any touching.  It would be nice if we got something like a real kiss as in SLTS but I doubt it.  They are probably saving that quota for the wedding. ;)  

• Love 2

madmaverick. It's wise to have no expectations for anything on that front but the Creaseys did manage to do a good job of writing Caskett (better than their boss) in SLTS so I hope that wasn't a one off.

I gather Marlowe wrote a screenplay about an invisible killer called the Hollow Man so I wonder if the Creaseys got any inspiration from that for their outing or may be Marlowe offered them a few suggestions. I see Josh Brolin was in that movie, I wonder if that's how Andrew got Brolin Snr on board. 

Edited by verdana

Upshot is that with skillful writing & attention to detail they managed to avoid the wedding and to get Beckett & Castle back in the holding pattern we all love so well. It was close but they pulled it out in the end.

I enjoyed the episode. I personally feel like the show has gotten some new life into it. Kisses interruptus is silly but I am so glad this couple is actually having conversations! Would have killed for a scene like the last one in earlier seasons.

I really hope they have the Castle arc mapped out as I don't want this to spiral out of control much like Kate's mom's murder did though it's starting pretty high on the spiral as it is is - eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

Alexis being useful and true to character is a relief and good use of her character.

• Love 3

But that's the point. You haven't seen anything yet this season because they might be building up to it.

I think they are building up to something but not another Always scene or even a bed scene like in Murder He Wrote but they think are reward will be

them getting married in 7x06, probably right at the end of episode.

I am utterly convinced this is how the writers work, on a reward system, personally one small kiss and no interruption would have shut up most fans until said spoiler.