Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight: The First Year

• Start Topic

Did anyone see Jamie's latest post on Instagram? She took a picture of herself in some lingerie and then wrote "doug came home to a surprise today. Sexy lingerie".

Seriously?!?! She annoys me

• Love 2

Did anyone see Jamie's latest post on Instagram? She took a picture of herself in some lingerie and then wrote "doug came home to a surprise today. Sexy lingerie".

Seriously?!?! She annoys me

You missed the best part on youtube she has the getting ready video with commentry of how the episode opened her eyes to Doug's feeling rejected like it was a surprise to her. Umm you were right there at the meeting with Dr Logan.

Here is a truly radical idea if you want to dress up for your hubs do it in private for both your enjoyment not for random fans on the internet to tell you you're an awesome wife. Sigh I think she is fleeing as soon as the stardom runs out.

• Love 3

You missed the best part on youtube she has the getting ready video with commentry of how the episode opened her eyes to Doug's feeling rejected like it was a surprise to her. Umm you were right there at the meeting with Dr Logan.

Here is a truly radical idea if you want to dress up for your hubs do it in private for both your enjoyment not for random fans on the internet to tell you you're an awesome wife. Sigh I think she is fleeing as soon as the stardom runs out.

I can't even watch those videos. She annoys me with how she baby talks and bats her eyelashes. But I agree, she seems like she might leave. Who knows she might just stay because she wants to have a baby

I don't think Jamie's fake or a bitch or a user. The girl has deep deep issues resulting from her traumatic childhood. Even though she's very pulled together in her career and handles a very high stress job, she's basically still a little girl trying to find that daddy who will take her away from all the bad things and protect her and give her the fairy tale life she dreamed about when the world seemed to be crashing down around her. It doesn't surprise me that she doesn't have as high a sex drive as Doug. I've said before I believe she was sexually abused along with everything else. You can almost see the cocoon she's wrapped herself in. It's just so sad that the psychiatrists were more interested in getting the show off the ground than being honest that she should not have been on the show at all. She just has too many issues. I really wish the best for her. That said, I hope the best is not with Doug. I can't believe the 180 I've done on this guy. Last season I thought he was a saint...taking all the crap from Jamie. He seemed so crazy about her and was more patient and tender than most men would have been. But fast forward to this new season and I think he's an immature baby. Seriously, what man would throw out intimate things about their sex life like how he has to masturbate all the time and usually has a hard-on for her and not realize he's being filmed and all that will be broadcast for everyone to see. What kind of man? A "man" who's actually a man-child and likes to shock people like some goofy teenager. In that same vein, why did he put up with Jamie? Why didn't he put his foot down about the way she acted towards him early on? Because, like the goofy teenager, this is all been about how good she makes him look as he parades her around on his arm. That's why he was the scared little puppy taking all the garbage she threw at him and begging for more. Because he was afraid his fantasy about being the cool guy with the hot chick was going to end if he did anything to rock the boat. And let's talk about his work..........what does he do? It's like it's a BIG secret. They spend half an episode showing him baptizing someone with his minister's license he sent away for in the mail, but never show him working his main job. When Jamie wants to discuss finances, he sits in the chair biting his nails looking like a little 8 year old. No, of course he doesn't want kids...he's a great big kid himself.

• Love 3

Jamie is nothing but a desperate attention whore! I couldn't help but notice the look of trepidation on Doug's mom's face when she was talking about wanting a child. I don't believe his family will ever forgive her for the way she treated him.

Totally agreed! Did you also notice in the episode before this one, the look on Doug's dad's face when he saw Jamie and how he said hello? He seems like his on to her fakeness. I really hope Doug sees the real Jamie soon. Every other word that comes out of her mouth is "me, my I, my mom, my feelings, I feel" Its always all about her. Never about Doug.

She bought herself lingerie for his birthday.. A"Surprise, happy birthday, I will let you have sex with me but you have to buy my panties." How much of this will Doug take?

• Love 1

I was surprised that Courtney had such a meltdown over Thanksgiving. She was acting like it was Jason's fault. She grew up with a dad and brother as firefighters! Her response shows an immature and selfish side - not entirely surprising given her age, but I think she kept that side covered up during the first few months. Again, somewhat normal- people try to show their best side early on, and that is the reason one should take time to get to know someone before getting married- something this couple completely by passed.

Based on the persona she had been showing us up until now, I would have expected a cheery response of "well let's make our own Thanksgiving on Friday!!!"  I really felt for Jason in that scenario. He's had someone telling him since day one that they know what it means to be a firefighter and then has a meltdown when the reality hits - probie has to work Thanksgiving - Jamie should have expected that!!

Also, her pie-in-the-sky idea of starting her own business. She should be out there building up her clientele as a make-up artist, paying off debt, and putting money in savings long before she should be starting her own make up line.

• Love 3

I have a feeling we are starting to see the "real" Cortney. Despite her seemingly sunny deposition, something about her always read false to me. The look she gave Jason when he mentioned "her" debts was rather chilling. That she didn't know probbies are on the bottom of the list when it comes to time off seemed odd, given that her father and brother are firefighters. My heart goes out to Jason. On his day off, he had to tidy up and fix dinner. Wonder what she does on her days off.

• Love 5

I was a little surprised at Courtney’s reaction to Jason working holidays. Her comment about thinking the hard part was over once he was done with the Fire Academy seemed beyond naïve. Didn’t she say that her dad and brother (the “two most important men in my life”) are firefighters? How old is her brother? Wouldn’t she have experienced something similar with him missing family holidays early in his career? Unless he’s just a volunteer, or something?

She did say it wasn't a big deal when your brother missed a holiday but it was when your husband did. Hey, Courtney, your brother will have a wife someday and how do you think she'll feel?

I was shocked at Cortney's reaction to Jason having to work Thanksgiving. I expected her to act like the understanding, perfect wife when Jason explained (a few times) why he had to work a holiday. I really thought she would say "it's fine Jason, We'll have our Thanksgiving the next day together with family when you're not working!  It will be just as much fun having the almost-holiday together!"  She said she understands but she really doesn't.  All Cortney understands is that Jason won't be there Thanksgiving day for HER.  She's thinking of herself of course, not Jason. I'm a nurse so I've had to give up hundreds of  Thanksgivings, Easters, Christmas, New Year's Days, Mothers Days, Fathers Days, birthdays etc. etc. for years. I worked night shifts and when my kids were small I'd get home at 7:30 in the morning and stay up the whole day and prepare holiday meals for the family then I'd grab a 2 hour nap (if I was lucky) after everyone left and the kids were in bed, then got up to be back at work by 11:00.  And you know what? It never dawned on me to moan and complain about it because that's what real life is. There are jobs that require someone on duty 24 hours a day and if you don't like that arrangement then you shouldn't marry a fireman, a nurse, a doctor, a policeman, or anyone else that has a job that requires someone there 24 hours a day.

Cortney seems to have the notion that being a 'good wife' is pretty simple as long as it doesn't put her own plans in jeopardy. I have a news flash for Cortney. Get used to this type of schedule, you're married to a fireman and they are required to work swing shifts AND holidays.

With regards to the editing of Cortney's reaction to Jason's announcement of his schedule, I have been witness to many a fight over the holidays.  People have enormous amounts of emotion attached to the big holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.  They have traditions and expectations that are difficult for them to take a step back from. 

It takes some maturity and understanding to figure out that whatever your traditions as a child were, they are going to have to adapt in a big way when you get married.  Many many many women I know seem unable to comprehend this.  They take it personally that they cannot have everything as they expect it to be especially if they had set traditions as a child growing up.  I think men are a little more forgiving of the traditions, mostly because they just have to show up. 

I was surprised by her lack of understanding over the schedule, mostly because she has been portrayed as someone with more mature thinking.  This year, however, her lack of ambition, combined with her general "depression" has me really concerned about this relationship.   Poor Jason.  Wife expects monetary support, with no question, can't pull herself together to fix up the apartment, and she is starting to exhibit unrealistic expectations.  Hmmm.

I'm really hoping it's a set up to create drama and pique viewers' interest.

• Love 1

It really bugs me when women are shown to be afraid of pet animals.  Or to say they hate them, like birds. I don't get it.  I mean, everyone has fears that are not rational (spiders for me) but birds?  C'mon, expand your mind a little. 

Makes me think Cortney has never been outside.  Blah.

So glad she decided against a rabbit.  Because surprising someone with a pet before discussing it with them is not a good idea.

• Love 1

What the hell was that? Listen show, even if you are a big deal on fyi, you can not pull this sort of crap. Everyone hates clip shows and reality clip shows are the worst. All the participants seemed hella awkward and uncomfortable.

I think we have our answer...nothing short of another wedding will make Doug dress up. Also found his comedy skills a bit lacking for someone who has professional comedy aspirations.

News Flash....Monique is going to date like a normal person and not marry a total stranger, again.

I do not think these couples would hang out with each other if not for the show.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1

I don't see Jamie and Doug being in love. I think Doug's infatuation with Jamie is over and I still think that Jamie is faking for the cameras. This episode, even though they were just sitting there, they just seemed unhappy and pretending. I think any love that Jamie has is for Doug's family life that they have had. I still don't think Jamie is sexually attracted to Doug and to me, Doug is just too constant touchy/feely.

Not sure anymore about Jason and Cortney.

• Love 1

What the hell was that? Listen show, even if you are a big deal on fyi, you can not pull this sort of crap. Everyone hates clip shows and reality clip shows are the worst. All the participants seemed hella awkward and uncomfortable.

I think we have our answer...nothing short of another wedding will make Doug dress up. Also found his comedy skills a bit lacking for someone who has professional comedy aspirations.

News Flash....Monique is going to date like a normal person and not marry a total stranger, again.

I do not think these couples would hang out with each other if not for the show.

I find myself being envious of Monique more and more. It's great to see her so happy being single and in the dating game again.

I don't see Jamie and Doug being in love. I think Doug's infatuation with Jamie is over and I still think that Jamie is faking for the cameras. This episode, even though they were just sitting there, they just seemed unhappy and pretending. I think any love that Jamie has is for Doug's family life that they have had. I still don't think Jamie is sexually attracted to Doug and to me, Doug is just too constant touchy/feely.

Not sure anymore about Jason and Cortney.

I see the same thing. I see Jamie as forced and fake. Knowing that she's been a reality show participate in the past makes me even more wary of her motives. Plus, I'm a little bored with her caterpillar sized eyelashes. I think that Jason and Cortney are doing alright, but things have been relatively smooth for Cortney so far. Now she's married to a NY Fireman that will have to work swing shifts and holidays. Let's see how well she handles it when he has to work Easter or Christmas or New Year's Eve. Jason having to work on Thanksgiving sent her into a self-pity party.

Doug has won his "prize." The chase is over. That's why I think he is losing interest in Jamie. It was a game of "get the hot chick" for him. If there was more to Jamie than eyelashes and being skinny, he might find a reason to stick with her long term. 

• Love 5

I really liked Jamie at first, then got turned off with the resume she included on her webpage.  What I mean is, she has no problem bragging about her life achievements, which I applaud her for those achievements, however she comes off as this insecure woman who led a tragic past, and now clings to Doug and his family.

• Love 2

It's kind of boring because I watch these shows from the Fall of 2014 and it's Winter of 2015 now and they're still together. Obviously, their issues weren't that bad. I think FYI should keep taping, but not air a new season until they break up, then we can watch how it happened after the fact.

Yeah, I think the real test will be once the cameras, fame, and easy money fall away. I hope both couples make it, but it will not be easy after the hoopla fades.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1

I'm looking forward to the new season because frankly I'm getting sick of Doug, Jamie, Jason and Cortney and the occasional bouts with Monet sprinkled in. This "first year" show was somewhat unnecessary, but for the most part I enjoyed it. But last nights episode? It's 60 minutes of my life that are gone forever. How many times do we have to hear them say, "Can you believe a year ago we didn't even know each other?" I'm way over it.  I'm rooting for J&C, but as soon as this show dies down, Jamie will hightail it out of that marriage. Even Doug is over her and I can't say I blame him.

• Love 1

I knew that Jamie had been on the Bachelor before but didn't realize she had been also on Bachelor Pad and had audition tapes for qvc and other hosting jobs until recently. After watching her on the Bachelor YouTube video I found, straddling that guy and sexing him up I can see that Doug might feel rejected on some level as she doesn't seem as attracted or seductive around him (minus showing him lingerie which I suspect is more for her or for our benefit like look what I can fit into).

I can also see how his parents would be slow to warm up and question her intentions. I know I do. Maybe she has changed but I think if she doesn't believe it already she will come to feel like she settled. Not sure what she thinks a baby will do at this point either. Maybe she is older than she says.

I've noticed a general drop-off in activity in the first year forum compared to the MAFS thread. Could it be people are tiring of them? Oh no Jamie!

A lot of questions about Cortney. Hasn't anyone put two and two together or noticed the difference? Her job, always wearing a big sweatshirt and huge scarf, sitting behind tables and counters.......she's pregnant!!!! Anybody tell me if you see the same thing? If so....can't believe the show is hiding it???

• Love 1

There have been several comments on other threads about the weight C has put, perhaps she is pregnant. The drinking could be fake to throw people off. I think it would be unfortunate if she is pregnant at this time. Talk about added stress, especially if things aren't going well. I would hate to see them, or anyone else, staying together because there's a child but the parents aren't doing well in a relationship. As I stated previously I've been disappointed by the Cortney we are now seeing.

• Love 1

I think she is skinny-fat and can put on weight easily. She has a double chin sometimes. I think she just gets chubby from monthly hormones or maybe she is a stress eater. I don;t think she is pregnant after the "romance special" was shown - where she and Jason shook their heads NO! when asked about babies. 

Jamie is not as attractive as she thinks, with her hair scraped back and that white makeup she looks like a plain jane.

I cannot relate to Cortney and her clinging. Find a hobby or go out with a friend or go walk down to the bookstore and get a cup of coffee. I have been with my boyfriend for over 7 years and I love my space, I love being with him for a few days and then coming back to my own place and having me time.

• Love 4

I really can't muster sympathy for Cortney. My husband goes overseas months at a time, so I guess I have difficulty relating to the tears and tantrums because Jason is going to work "in a few hours"--for what, a 24 hour shift? You really can't figure out how to amuse yourself for 24 hours? Aren't you looking for a job? And I find Cortney's constant self-complimenting annoying. "I just have a really big heart." "I'm so compassionate." "I'm just really strong." Oh, the self-involvement of twenty-something reality tv cast members.

Oh, Jamie and Doug's sexy-time game. Almost as uncomfortable to watch as the Tamra-Eddie bath tub scene on RHoOC.

I kind of like the Monet segments. After the tornado of neuroses that are Jamie and Cortney, seeing Monet have normal conversations with normal people is like a breath of fresh air.

• Love 7

Any speculation as to what Jason has done with the apartment? Gave it up because it was too expensive? and moved.... where? And how did he think it was okay to do it and not mention it to her? Friendsgiving with the turkey destruction looked like a lot of fun to me. I'd have been diving into the bird after everyone had eaten it, too.

Jamie's obsession over her mom, while familar because of being from an alcoholic family, is so annoying. You didn't invite her to your wedding and you hadn't talked to her in years... but your Thanksgiving is ruined because she didn't show up. Sigh. Been there, done that, in my own way. But I was 20. Not 28 (cough) and married. But, hey, at least she transferred her obsession from  babies temporarily.

I like Monet, and I'm glad she's still around the perimeter of the show. I don't even mind Vaughn, but I'm glad he's not around much.

• Love 3

My God...what the hell happened to Courtney?  She is a crying mess because Jason is going to work and she only has a few hours with him?  Oh no...now we can not go work out with Monet.  Does she realize in most couple people go to work, take care of the kids, clean the house, and they are very lucky to be able to say good night to each other before going to bed?  My husband has an emergency care type job and I did not have one holiday with him last year.  Also, he often works for two weeks straight and that includes weekends.  I also live 600 miles from any family and I have never cried like that, because I understood this was a part of life when I married him.

I really can't muster sympathy for Cortney. My husband goes overseas months at a time, so I guess I have difficulty relating to the tears and tantrums because Jason is going to work "in a few hours"--for what, a 24 hour shift? You really can't figure out how to amuse yourself for 24 hours? Aren't you looking for a job? And I find Cortney's constant self-complimenting annoying. "I just have a really big heart." "I'm so compassionate." "I'm just really strong." Oh, the self-involvement of twenty-something reality tv cast members.

This times a million.  Many families are dealing with having a loved one overseas and they do not fall apart the way Courtney did (while touting how strong she is).  The girl actually does not have any real responsibilities at the moment...since the show is providing for them financially in the short term. 

Also, what about her business?  Why is she not hustling 24/7 to get that off the ground, as is the case for most successful budding entrepreneurs.  Has she filed for her L.L.C or made a business plan?  I really liked Courtney last year and hope she is just getting a really bad edit.

• Love 4

My God...what the hell happened to Courtney?  She is a crying mess

She mentioned "being hormonal" at one point - do we think she's pregnant?  That would be a nice bait and switch with Jamie constantly talking about OMGBABIESSSSSSSS

That Friendsgiving looked like torture to me.  All his friends and their loud inside jokes.  She looked so left out.  She moved to NYC two years ago, doesn't she have any friends?  I think the big elephant in the room is the unsaid tv show - her family can't come visit them because they don't approve of the TV show.  Maybe her friend refuse to be on camera too which is why she's relegated to date night with Monet.

• Love 1

That whole scene when Cortney was cancelling on Monet for their gym "date" annoyed me all to heck. Hello?? What if Jason had something he wanted/needed to do before he left for his shift at work? Something he wanted to do alone? Or couldn't do with Cortney clinging to his side?? Maybe Jason is ok with never having any private time, but it would completely annoy me (an introvert). On top of that, she was a crying mess. I am shocked that Jason didn't run the hey out of there to get away from the discomfort of having a crying wife whom he could not comfort.  

• Love 2

I like reality show trainwrecks as much as the next person, but this isn't entertaining in even a schadenfreude kind of way. It's just sad and uncomfortable to watch them unravel. I can't really blame Cortney for all of this, either. Jason seems WAY more invested in his relationships with his buds than he does with his own wife. Granted, you can't have instant intimacy and trust in someone you don't know well, but Jason always seems to be talking about Neph is the only one he can talk to, the only one he really trusts. Dude, that should be your *wife*, and if she isn't, then something is wrong. Their entire social life seems to revolve around him, his buds, his job, his wrestling. We've only ever really seen Cortney with Jason's friends. At Friendsgiving, it was a bunch of his buds and only one of hers.  She has given up or lost anything that was hers and hers alone -- her job, her friends, her burlesque -- and Jason really hasn't given up anything. I can't blame Cortney for wanting to get out of town for a few days.  Jason strikes me as a mama's boy. His single mom devoted all her energy to him for 20+ years. I suspect when he signed on for this experiment while his mother was terminally ill, he was, subconsciously or otherwise, looking for someone to fill that role. A wife can't be that, at least if you want a healthy relationship. I still can't believe that Jason was OK'd by the "experts" to be on this show. Makes me wonder about the people they turned down...

• Love 2

I also was giving Cortney the major side eye when she was claiming she was strong while lamenting being without Jason for a day. If I was a man, I would be signing up for extra hours just to be away from her clinging, whining and crying.  To be fair, I speak from experience when I say men do this too.  It took a restraining order and jail time for me to convince a clinger to back off, but then again I was not stupid enough to marry him. I am hoping that this show is fakety fake fake, because Cortney and Jason are a total train wreck and I do not believe that Jamie loves whatshisname.  SCRIPTED!!

• Love 2

I am wondering if we're seeing how it all fell apart??? I know their social media pages show them still together and happy but I'm being to think this is only to not give the show away. Cortney is certainly a mess!

Jason does come off as riding the short bus and I don't find him attractive, he should be grateful he has somebody so crazy about him.

I agree that the white eye shadow does Jamie no favors, that along with only lining the top of her eyes makes them look beady.

I still don't think Jamie is that attracted to Doug, if she does have a baby he can forget about sex.

Jamie isn't attracted to Doug, she didn't want to have sex when he wasn't gung ho about having a baby. It's a bit ridic that he keeps taking about how much sex he needs when he was living with his parents until recently. Did he sit up in his room wacking off a few times a day? I don't think he's had too many girlfriends, either.

I have followed this series sporadically and happened to catch this 'Baby Fever' episode. I am a little disbelieving of the fact that when producers and therapists were sorting through possible candidates for this show, that there wasn't anything for each applicant to provide a more in-depth on their own personal opinion of having children, such as;  "do you want children?" "how soon would you like to have children?" "how many children do you want to have?".  I can't help but feel that the dilemma between Doug and Jamie is, for the main part, contrived for the benefit of some drama for the series. If Jamie has had a dysfunctional family life as a child and it's still affecting her emotionally as an adult, then she should have spent a few years in therapy to get over those issues and not wait until she marries a man sight unseen and loads them all up on him.

Jason and Cortney used to be the 'darling couple' of the three.  Aw..... they were both so cute, and all moonie-eyed at each other that it melted our hearts. Marriage reality hits finally and we see Jason as immature and not all that attractive. The chin turns me off but it's his big forced laugh that just killed it for any appeal he might have had. Cortney has been the greatest disappointment for me of any of them. She looked like a perfect little blonde doll at the wedding. Her personality sparkles, her eye makeup is amazing and her teeth are incredible. She loves the camera and the camera loves her, she expresses herself articulately. BUT, here's the big 'but'....but in the episode 'Baby Fever', I started seeing Cortney as more of a whining selfish girl than the all giving generous wife as she acted to the cameras that she was. When I see her moping around the messy apartment complaining that Jason is always to busy with 'the academy' and can't give her the time she wants, I only see a selfish person. Speaking of mess, that disaster zone they call their apartment is all her fault. I see Jason come home from a hard day to find Cortney sitting around doing nothing. She was fired from her job and it doesn't look like she's out there pounding the pavement looking for another one to help support them both. If she's home sulking all day then why not straighten up that awful mess. I realize they don't have furniture to put it in, but at least sort through it, make piles of clothes they don't wear anymore and run them down to the Goodwill store and donate the stuff. She could at least fold the rest neatly or hang it on a hanger and string a rope across the wall to hang them. It just goes against my grain to see such a big pile of mess and a lazy diva housewife crying about loneliness and lack of money.

Monet is the only smart one to call off a marriage with a guy that's a big momma's boy and I think might even be gay. He's surely not what a real man acts like. Monet is as cute as cute can get. She's sharp as a tack and her personality sparkles. I hope she finds an amazing guy that appreciates her need to be an amazing woman to him.

I did get a gay vibe from Vaughn too.

• Love 1

Clearly Cortney's parents are sewer dwelling mutants who sent her up to the surface when they thought she could pass as human, and they're not yet ready to embrace their otherness and appear on camera.

Jamie girl, I am on to your tricks and you don't want that man. When I was married I used to fake falling asleep in the recliner to avoid sex. Now that I am divorced I am all over my boyfriend. ;)

Physical attraction is not the most important thing in a marriage, but there has to be something a little better then the revulsion Jaimie felt when she first met Doug.  I am one of the ones who find Doug attractive, but it is obvious that Jaimie does not.  I personally find Doug more attractive then the smarmy guy she was all over in Bachelor Pad.  However, all of this is very subjective.

On the other hand, Doug's sexual needs seem to very juvenile.  I doubt if any person needs to have sex as much as he claims.  As people have pointed out, he must have gone through quite the dry spell before he came on this show and yet he is still alive.

• Love 4