Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight: The First Year

• Start Topic

Ugh. If CrazyPants is like this at home -- imagine what she's like at work (where she also doesn't have A!Dad! and her mom still isn't around to take care of her, and her past will crush her... BUT THERE ARE BABIES!). She only talks ONLY ever ONLY talks ONLY about making babies (editors; did she give you nothing else? Yeah, I thought she didn't). She'll fake a pregnancy and smuggle a newborn out of the hospital one day y'all, just watch if she doesn't....

• Love 2

My sense is that this is also why Jason finds the fire academy so incredibly difficult. I mean, I've never personally given him an IQ test, but I doubt any of his friends would leap to describe him as erudite.

And now we're getting to the real question of what Doug sees in Jamie. Just because she's pretty?

Haha--yeah, I've never personally given Jason an IQ test either and I don't want to in any ways undermine the fire academy, but I've known people who have gone through firefighter training and I just don't recall anyone representing it as such an insurmountable challenge as Jason.

So we know Doug's not in it just for the sex. Maybe it's the kissing? (Bad Bachelor reference).

• Love 1

Maybe it's because of my fancy-dancy HD tv, but wow Jamie's skin and makeup looked awful. She is not going to age well.

they probably just didn't show it, but if Doug would just say 'we can't have a baby within the next 3 years' or 5 years, I think Jamie would calm down. The editing has him just saying ' I don't want kids' - which is misleading I think

they probably just didn't show it, but if Doug would just say 'we can't have a baby within the next 3 years' or 5 years, I think Jamie would calm down.

He has tried to say he doesn't want to have kids now, but that just made her try to pin him down to a timeline, which he obviously knows she would ruthlessly hold him to.

He has tried to say he doesn't want to have kids now, but that just made her try to pin him down to a timeline, which he obviously knows she would ruthlessly hold him to.

She's reminding me of a less intelligent "Amy" from the book (and movie) Gone Girl.

oh! I missed him saying now. thanks!

I had a soft spot for Doug last year (and I really don't think he's bad looking), but this year, the full doofus is coming to the surface. He reminds me of Peyton Manning's persona in the "Nation Wide" commercials (he even looks a little like him, actually), which I realize is caricature on PM's part, but I'm thinking not so much in Doug's case.

Jason does come off as riding the short bus and I don't find him attractive, he should be grateful he has somebody so crazy about him.

I agree that the white eye shadow does Jamie no favors, that along with only lining the top of her eyes makes them look beady.

I still don't think Jamie is that attracted to Doug, if she does have a baby he can forget about sex.

• Love 3

Jason isn’t attractive to me at all. I think Doug would look ok if he had the moles removed, but Jason has a monkey face goin’ on for which there is no cure. He reminds me of Danny Wood from New Kids on the block (20 yrs ago, at a similar age). The only NKOTB member NO ONE you knew had a crush on (yeah, I’m that old).

I’d been giving him a break on the “Fire academy is SO HARD” stuff, because it’s pretty much his main story line, so I *hope* they’re just overstating it for the show’s sake, same thing with Courtney, really. I mean, remember how they made a big deal about the fact that Courtney’s father and brother were both firefighters? Given that, I would have expected her to be a little more grounded about the experience, so I’m still hoping it’s producer generated drama.

• Love 5

Jason isn’t attractive to me at all. I think Doug would look ok if he had the moles removed, but Jason has a monkey face goin’ on for which there is no cure. He reminds me of Danny Wood from New Kids on the block (20 yrs ago, at a similar age). The only NKOTB member NO ONE you knew had a crush on (yeah, I’m that old).

Haha, High-Five! I'm that old too and have never known anyone to have a crush on Danny Wood. Have you seen him lately with the tour coming up? Dude did not age well.

But, yes, the same monkey face.  Which isn't a big turn on for me.  Jason just looks so young, he looks like he's almost got to grow into his looks.  But there may not be much hope for the fella. I do think Cortney is very pretty, she's the looker out of them both.

• Love 1
Monet's dates are too good for her. Where did she find them all of a sudden after resorting to this show because she can't find anyone?

I'm not sure what you mean here. I actually think that this season has redeemed Monet in my eyes. She seems much more pleasant and easy-going. Maybe she did some soul-searching after watching herself and took to heart some of the constructive feedback she received from the "professionals." I look forward to seeing her find someone compatible and have a happy ending.

I agree with a lot that has been said about Jason, but I also feel like he lacks the gene for good decision-making ability. I don't presume that everyone should live like I do, but I never understood why he would undergo such a stressful experience as MAFS with a terminally ill parent. My father was terminally ill and I moved home to be with him in the last 6 months of his life. I couldn't imagine signing up to be on a reality show during such a heavy, heart-wrenching time. Then, Jason enrolls in the fire academy, which is also decidedly time-consuming and demanding. The last nail is that, in the last episode, he chooses to put himself in harm's way right before he graduates. He strikes me as the type to act first, think later. Which is not a good combo in a marriage. Especially one as non-traditional as this one.

• Love 1

I couldn't imagine signing up to be on a reality show during such a heavy, heart-wrenching time. Then, Jason enrolls in the fire academy, which is also decidedly time-consuming and demanding.

To be fair on these items, both of these these I'm sure took months in the making. He could have signed up for both (started the process, anyway) before her diagnosis. Are both are things which impact in a big way the direction of his life after his mom passed on. She could have been encouraging him to continue, knowing that it would help set him on the right path to a wife and a job with a future. I don't know how long the wait-list is for the fire academy, but there often is one. Heck, even the wrestling match is for his "business," so he could have done it for the money.

None of which is any excuse for living like a pig for months on end. You unpack a box a day, you put away a few things in the morning to get your blood moving.... it's been MONTHS kids, have an Ikea assembling party or watch a video -- but that many piles of stuff all around your apartment should end in college! Courtney, fill out some job apps, put some things away. Repeat as needed.

I will say this for Jamie. Doug's parents were incredibly skeptical about her during the first show, and they seem to really like her now.

I've noticed that too, though I wonder how much of the change in attitude is due to their self-consciousness about being on the show - i.e., they won't show their true feelings while they're on camera

Edited by Gillian Rosh

One thing that strikes me about Cortney is that none of her family is involved. I figure either her family doesn't want to be on TV, or is private, or just thinks the show is stupid in general. Either that or she has a worse relationship than she lets on. I understands Jason's mom. When you're really sick like that, you don't want to see people. Has Jason met Cortney's family yet, or is that an upcoming episode?

I have followed this series sporadically and happened to catch this 'Baby Fever' episode. I am a little disbelieving of the fact that when producers and therapists were sorting through possible candidates for this show, that there wasn't anything for each applicant to provide a more in-depth on their own personal opinion of having children, such as;  "do you want children?" "how soon would you like to have children?" "how many children do you want to have?".  I can't help but feel that the dilemma between Doug and Jamie is, for the main part, contrived for the benefit of some drama for the series. If Jamie has had a dysfunctional family life as a child and it's still affecting her emotionally as an adult, then she should have spent a few years in therapy to get over those issues and not wait until she marries a man sight unseen and loads them all up on him.

Jason and Cortney used to be the 'darling couple' of the three.  Aw..... they were both so cute, and all moonie-eyed at each other that it melted our hearts. Marriage reality hits finally and we see Jason as immature and not all that attractive. The chin turns me off but it's his big forced laugh that just killed it for any appeal he might have had. Cortney has been the greatest disappointment for me of any of them. She looked like a perfect little blonde doll at the wedding. Her personality sparkles, her eye makeup is amazing and her teeth are incredible. She loves the camera and the camera loves her, she expresses herself articulately. BUT, here's the big 'but'....but in the episode 'Baby Fever', I started seeing Cortney as more of a whining selfish girl than the all giving generous wife as she acted to the cameras that she was. When I see her moping around the messy apartment complaining that Jason is always to busy with 'the academy' and can't give her the time she wants, I only see a selfish person. Speaking of mess, that disaster zone they call their apartment is all her fault. I see Jason come home from a hard day to find Cortney sitting around doing nothing. She was fired from her job and it doesn't look like she's out there pounding the pavement looking for another one to help support them both. If she's home sulking all day then why not straighten up that awful mess. I realize they don't have furniture to put it in, but at least sort through it, make piles of clothes they don't wear anymore and run them down to the Goodwill store and donate the stuff. She could at least fold the rest neatly or hang it on a hanger and string a rope across the wall to hang them. It just goes against my grain to see such a big pile of mess and a lazy diva housewife crying about loneliness and lack of money.

Monet is the only smart one to call off a marriage with a guy that's a big momma's boy and I think might even be gay. He's surely not what a real man acts like. Monet is as cute as cute can get. She's sharp as a tack and her personality sparkles. I hope she finds an amazing guy that appreciates her need to be an amazing woman to him.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

Jason met Courtney's family after the show ended the first time. They seemed nice. Courtney's father and brother are firefighters so they really liked Jason.

IIRC they showed him meeting her family during the reunion show

Edited by PityFree

Doug is being a little too detailed with this whole sex thing. "We had sex for the first time after 7:30 and it was missionary" - who cares?!? And him talking about his hands all the time OMG.

And I'm attracted to my husband, but I wouldn't want to have sex every day. I just don't have that sex drive. I can't believe he actually expected that.

• Love 2

Jesus, Doug! The world does not need to know that! We are not your sex therapists. I ended up fast-forwarding all his interviews after he explained his 90 second premature ejaculation.

And Cortney doesn't get to just inform Jason that she's going to freelance instead of finding a steady job. They need look at their budget together to see if they can make it work, for how long, what corners they can cut, etc. And starting her own makeup line? Oy. Like that's not expensive.

Again, I didn't bother with Monet's scenes. With all the skipping I do, the show is pretty manageable.

• Love 1

Cortney must think that all her fame from the show will give her the name recognition to start her own makeup line. Sure, Cortney. Her financial irresponsibility is maddening. And then to shut down the real conversations she and Jason need to have about money with passive aggressive accusations such as "Are you saying I can't do it?" These two need more help than reality-show veteran "Dr. Pepper" can give them.

So I don't want to be that lady who talks about fertility all over the Internet, but apparently I'm just going to go ahead and be that lady who talks about fertility all over the Internet. Jamie, those aren't fertility tests. Those are ovulation predictor kits. They say nothing about your fertility (hormone levels, etc.); they just say whether you are ovulating on a given day or not. So the test is not going to tell you anything about the ease of you and Doug procreating in the future. What kind of incompetent nurse is she?

I can't even talk about Doug and his hands and his sex-every-day expectation. He is coming across as so pubescent here with his teen-boy angst, "I'm just so attracted to Jamie, I'm in pain."

Edited by CarrieNation
  • Love 1

Jamie is going to regret putting off her husband when it comes to sex. If they only time they have it is when SHE wants it -- which is what it sounds like - she is going to have a very unhappy husband.

She fully expects him to take care of all of HER needs, whatever they are. Well, sex is one of his, and taking care of that for him is part of the art of being a wife. I think that far too many women fail to realize that until it's too late and the marriage has broken down.

If you want a happy man, don't ever turn him down for sex unless it's really and truly necessary. Just talk to him about what allows you to be comfortable. And once you begin, you may well find yourself more into it than you thought you were going to be.

May get a lot of hate for this post, but any woman who values her marriage and loves her man will learn this lesson very well.

• Love 4

If you want a happy man, don't ever turn him down for sex unless it's really and truly necessary.

I'm in my late 60's and I thought this kind of sexist advice went away decades ago.  If the wife has a stronger

sex drive than her husband ( and that does happen), would you tell him to be ready to perform whenever she wants it?

• Love 14

My TV cut off at the end. What was that preview for next week of Cortney walking into an empty apartment?

Jamie, quit overacting. It comes off fake, cheesy and overdone. "Oh, I need to give my husband who I'm absolutely in love now with more sex? LOOK! A bedding set *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* for sexy time."  And how much did she turn that ovulation predictor kit into a fertility doctor? I think she thinks it'll tell her every gynecological condition she has, how long it'll take to fix that, what day Doug's swimmers will swim the most and what month she will get pregnant. It tells the future. 

• Love 2

Did Doug really think she was going to roll over and be like "yeah bring it on!" with cameras in the room??? I've "known" Jamie for like 10 weeks and I can tell Doug that there is no way THAT was going to happen.

I'm in my late 60's and I thought this kind of sexist advice went away decades ago.  If the wife has a stronger

sex drive than her husband ( and that does happen), would you tell him to be ready to perform whenever she wants it?

Yes, of course. There are plenty of ways he could do that for her, and plenty of things she can do for him. So many women try to keep their men on a sexual starvation diet (like Jamie was shown doing) and then wonder why their marriages are so lousy.

If the only time a couple eats dinner is when SHE is hungry, how do you think he'd feel about that? It's really very similar. Even if you aren't hungry, you can sit down with a cup of coffee and keep your mate company. You might find that you're hungrier than you thought, and even if you don't you and your mate have still spent some good quality time together. Sex is a lot the same way and I think this has a lot to do with the very high failure rate of modern marriages. You don't have to take my word for it. Just ask any married man.

Sex is a lot the same way and I think this has a lot to do with the very high failure rate of modern marriages. You don't have to take my word for it. Just ask any married man.

Or, you could get really radical and ask any married woman.

• Love 7

I think Jamie is used to being able to be prudish and have men hang on and put up with no affection just because they are so in love with the idea that someday the "pretty girl" will cave in and show some affection. IMHO, she sees "being pretty" as being all of the effort she needs to make in a relationship. I'd also guess that if Doug was given the option of being married to a slightly overweight or less pretty wife who wants to have sex with him, he'd stick with non-affectionate but pretty/thin Jamie. That's just my gut feeling. 

• Love 6

I think Jamie is used to being able to be prudish and have men hang on and put up with no affection just because they are so in love with the idea that someday the "pretty girl" will cave in and show some affection.

I would agree, but I saw her on Bachelor Pad. Prude would not be the word I'd use.

I'd also guess that if Doug was given the option of being married to a slightly overweight or less pretty wife who wants to have sex with him, he'd stick with non-affectionate but pretty/thin Jamie. That's just my gut feeling.

I do agree with that.

So, my problem with Cortney, well I have a few problems so, here they are:

1) I would not hire Cortney to do my make-up based on the way her make-up is done on this show. In my opinion, it is a very Mary Kaye / early nineties type of make-up look. I have seen tutorials on YouTube where the women do a much better job than Cortney AND can teach me how to replicate what they are doing. Cortney's make-up and hair are not aspirational. She is girl you went to high school with cute, but no one is searching Google for images of Cortney to take to Sephora or their hair salons. A make-up brand from her will not work.

2) The whole missing the first Thanksgiving conversation bugged the fire out of me. It may have been editing, but why was she coming at Jason as if he betrayed her? From what they both said, it had already been discussed that he is low man in rank and will give up holidays for a while. Everybody in the force has been in that position at some point. AND your own family members are firefighters so, you already know what's up. I don't have a problem with her being sad because they are missing a milestone, but why approach the conversation like this?

Also, there are so many options that could lift her spirits. 1) Cook dinner and take it to the house if they allow it. 2) Contact other spouses and you can do a potluck and/or take food to the house. This would probably help you make new friends and help how your husband is viewed by his co-workers. 3) Volunteer someplace on Thanksgiving. Serve food, give makeovers, whatever...Your husband is giving of himself, you can do the same and then have Thanksgiving on Friday together.

3) Also, I agree with the commenter in the episode thread that you cannot just come home and announce to your spouse that you are no longer going to work a regular job and will be freelance. That is a couple's conversation. You sit down with your budget, hash out whatever differences you have and make a plan.

4) On that note, you also don't announce that you are going to spend money you do not have to go pout with mommy and daddy about your mean husband who has to work on Thanksgiving. Have several seats Cortney and woman up.

• Love 14

I would just like Jamie to relax on the hair buns. I think she thinks they are sophisticated, but combined with that strident blush color, they just remind me of an old fashioned librarian or one of my childhood ballet instructors.

Oh gosh, where to begin?

Well, first, I am a big fan of Jason and Courtney as a couple.  Up to this point, I would say that they have been damn near perfect for one another.  However, this episode pointed out some obvious big issues for the future.

And Cortney doesn't get to just inform Jason that she's going to freelance instead of finding a steady job. They need look at their budget together to see if they can make it work, for how long, what corners they can cut, etc. And starting her own makeup line? Oy. Like that's not expensive.

Amen!  That was a huge bomb that she dropped on him during a time where there lives are less than stable.  I'm all for entrepreneurship and ingenuity, but I think it should have been a conversation instead of a blanket statement.  Plus, she wasn't really listening to Jason when he said that he was worried about the debt that they have now.  He wasn't saying that she couldn't do it or that he wouldn't support her.  He was saying that they have quite a bit of debt to take care of and he was concerned that his paycheck as a newbie firefighter wouldn't cover it.  All i'm saying is, she could have gone to him with her thoughts and then helped work out a budget, a plan, etc.  Like someone else said upthread, she's probably banking on her reality show fame to make this a sure thing.

Neff said something about Jason now needing to support Courtney with her business venture.  BUT... I still think Courtney needs to continue to support him even after the Fire Academy.  It's like she figured they only needed to get through the Fire Academy and then everything after would be perfect.  She should know better if her dad and brother are firefighters.

Okay on to Doug and Jamie.

First of all, TMI from Doug about his and Jamie's first time and then his hand activities since then.  Ew.  I was totally creeped out by that.

Second of all, Jamie strikes me as someone who is not very comfortable with her sexuality.  She couldn't say orgasm.  You could tell that she was practically choking on the word and then decided not to say it.  I don't know what happened when she was a kid, but I can bet that trust and sex go hand-in-hand with her.  I don't know if I believe she really trusts this thing with Doug yet.  I think it will take her some time to get through her issues.  I think Doug needs to be a little more patient and understanding.  Doug and Jamie need to sit down and talk honestly about their expectations in the bedroom.  They may not get 100% of what they want... but if they can meet in the middle, it will help them both have a more fulfilling sex life. 

Many times, I feel like Jamie doesn't hear Doug because she's so focused on what "she" wants.  If she truly loves him (as she says she does), then she has to learn to compromise.  Doug can't be the only one who compromises, here. 

I forgot about Monet!  I do genuinely like catching up with Monet, but I feel uncomfortable.  Her match-up didn't work out.  So it's like they are giving her a pity-pass or something by having her on the show.  It just seems sad to me.  Jamie and Courtney are all talking to Monet about the milestones they have passed or are about to pass in their new marriages and Monet just doesn't have that right now.  Maybe it's just me, but there's still a sadness about her. :(

Edited by MissScarlett

I thought it was funny when Cortney said she comes from a long line of entrepreneurs who have busted their butts to get where they are at so she can do that too. I don't think Cortney has ever busted her butt to do anything. And besides...I thought she came from a long line of firefighters. I do love C though. She is gorgs! Jamie just looks shriveled up already. All she gots are them teefers! I do suspect she isn't all that attracted to Doug.

• Love 1

My take is that you should marry someone with a roughly compatible sex drive to begin with. Of course, if Doug & Jamie had done pesky things like have a conversation before they got married, we wouldn’t have a show.

I genuinely believe that Jaime just isn’t an “everyday sex” person. That said, I also don’t think she’s remotely attracted to Doug. I think she decided she hit the jackpot in terms of finding a guy willing to put up with her shit, and is desperately convincing herself that this means love, but there’s no way this is a passion for the ages. And if they’re having arguments about sex at what, 6 or 7 months (at that point in the filming) into the relationship, once Jaime acquires the requisite “babies” I’ll be surprised if they ever have sex again.

What exactly IS Courtney’s “business” idea? By “make up line”, does she mean she actually wants to manufacture it? Or convince someone to manufacture a line for her to endorse? IIRC, several chicks in the “Real Housewives” franchise tried similar things, and I don’t recall any of them being very successful*. And they had a far better platform for launching something like that than Courtney does at this point in her reality show career. Jason made some extremely valid points about their financial situation.

*I just Googled Gretchen Rossi’s makeup site. I may not sleep tonight.

I felt bad for Monet, first she’s stuck at Doug & Jamie’s lame ass party, making small talk with people she doesn’t know, and then Jaime ambushes her about Vaughn. It seemed rude of Jaime to push the subject after Monet made it clear she had no interest in discussing it. If Doug is up for calling Vaughn to touch base, fine, but I have a feeling Vaughn has had enough of the crazy, and is deliberately staying far away from the show.

{Edited to add: By "enough of the crazy", I mean the show itself, not Monet. When it comes to Vaughn & Monet, I'm pretty much team Monet, although I generally think they were just horribly incompatible with each other.}

I was a little surprised at Courtney’s reaction to Jason working holidays. Her comment about thinking the hard part was over once he was done with the Fire Academy seemed beyond naïve. Didn’t she say that her dad and brother (the “two most important men in my life”) are firefighters? How old is her brother? Wouldn’t she have experienced something similar with him missing family holidays early in his career? Unless he’s just a volunteer, or something?

Edited by Sienna
  • Love 2
I think Jamie is used to being able to be prudish and have men hang on and put up with no affection just because they are so in love with the idea that someday the "pretty girl" will cave in and show some affection. IMHO, she sees "being pretty" as being all of the effort she needs to make in a relationship. I'd also guess that if Doug was given the option of being married to a slightly overweight or less pretty wife who wants to have sex with him, he'd stick with non-affectionate but pretty/thin Jamie. That's just my gut feeling.

From what I have heard...Jaimie is more then willing to bed a guy she is attracted to (this from people who watch The Bachelor).  She is just not into Doug in that way and probably never will be.  She likes Doug well enough, but is just not attracted to him.  Also, I think the guy from the Bachelor show dumped her, so I do not think she always has the upper hand because of her looks.  However, this only speaking to the reality shows she has been on and I do not know what her real life situation was like.

They need to find a happy compromise.  For his part, Doug has to realize that he can not just roll on top of his wife every morning and expect instant sexy time.  He needs to learn about foreplay and emotional connections.

I really hope Doug's feelings for Jaimie are real and not just not superfically based on her looks....because I have a nagging suspicion that when Jaimie ages, she will look a lot like her mother.

I do think the poster is right that Jamie and Doug need to have a honest and open discussion about their sex life and Jason/Courtney need to talk about their finances. I am sure the show is the elephant in the room as it is probably giving them a decent income boost and that is why Courtney is not that concerned about starting a business now.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2

So, my problem with Cortney, well I have a few problems so, here they are:

1) I would not hire Cortney to do my make-up based on the way her make-up is done on this show. In my opinion, it is a very Mary Kaye / early nineties type of make-up look. I have seen tutorials on YouTube where the women do a much better job than Cortney AND can teach me how to replicate what they are doing. Cortney's make-up and hair are not aspirational. She is girl you went to high school with cute, but no one is searching Google for images of Cortney to take to Sephora or their hair salons. A make-up brand from her will not work.

2) The whole missing the first Thanksgiving conversation bugged the fire out of me. It may have been editing, but why was she coming at Jason as if he betrayed her? From what they both said, it had already been discussed that he is low man in rank and will give up holidays for a while. Everybody in the force has been in that position at some point. AND your own family members are firefighters so, you already know what's up. I don't have a problem with her being sad because they are missing a milestone, but why approach the conversation like this?

Also, there are so many options that could lift her spirits. 1) Cook dinner and take it to the house if they allow it. 2) Contact other spouses and you can do a potluck and/or take food to the house. This would probably help you make new friends and help how your husband is viewed by his co-workers. 3) Volunteer someplace on Thanksgiving. Serve food, give makeovers, whatever...Your husband is giving of himself, you can do the same and then have Thanksgiving on Friday together.

3) Also, I agree with the commenter in the episode thread that you cannot just come home and announce to your spouse that you are no longer going to work a regular job and will be freelance. That is a couple's conversation. You sit down with your budget, hash out whatever differences you have and make a plan.

4) On that note, you also don't announce that you are going to spend money you do not have to go pout with mommy and daddy about your mean husband who has to work on Thanksgiving. Have several seats Cortney and woman up.

I totally agree with this entire post. Her pouting and whining was so annoying. Get over it. That what happens when you marry a fire fighter or someone in the police force.

And I don't blame Jason for bringing up the debt. I would be extremely uncomfortable if I married someone with so much debt and then he just announced to me he wanted to open up his own business with no reasonable plan. Where is the common sense here?!?!

Edited by JAndy
  • Love 1

I totally agree with this entire post. Her pouting and whining was so annoying. Get over it. That what happens when you marry a fire fighter or someone in the police force.

And I don't blame Jason for bringing up the debt. I would be extremely uncomfortable if I married someone with so much debt and then he just announced to me he wanted to open up his own business with no reason plan. Where is the common sense here?!?!

Not to mention spending $700 of "our savings" on a ticket to fly home for Thanksgiving in a snit.

I think Courtney has visions of being on QVC or some other shopping channel, selling her "products" to the masses.  Ah, good luck with that.  I wish she'd just concentrate on getting more experience in being a make up artist and working on that debt.    But since I find her very savy on social media, I'm not surprise that she's going to take her 15 seconds of fame and try to make more from it.  

As for Doug and Jamie, as soon as the cameras go away (which should be soon since the new season starts in March on A&E), the lack of real committment from them will be difficult to overcome. 

Edited by CindyBee

Not to mention spending $700 of "our savings" on a ticket to fly home for Thanksgiving in a snit.

Yes. That too. And I don't see why she couldn't have spent Friday with him. She could have spent Thursday with Her friends. Like she said in a previous episode "friends are like family". I'm sure her friends family wouldn't mind having her over knowing that her family is out of state and jason was working.
  • Love 1

Here is what Cortney needs to learn: Holidays are not necessarily set in stone. In the case of Thanksgiving - the purpose of which is to give thanks and appreciate the good things in life and spend time with people we love/like/enjoy - the spirit of the holiday can easily move days. My family grew up doing that! Not all the time, but if a winter storm or other event made celebrating together on the holiday itself difficult, we moved the holiday! We moved Christmas because of a snowstorm a few years ago. The important thing is celebrating with people you care about - if you have that, you have the holiday. JMO.

• Love 7
I was a little surprised at Courtney’s reaction to Jason working holidays. Her comment about thinking the hard part was over once he was done with the Fire Academy seemed beyond naïve. Didn’t she say that her dad and brother (the “two most important men in my life”) are firefighters? How old is her brother? Wouldn’t she have experienced something similar with him missing family holidays early in his career? Unless he’s just a volunteer, or something?

Edited by Sienna, Yest. 10:24 pm.

She did say it wasn't a big deal when your brother missed a holiday but it was when your husband did. Hey, Courtney, your brother will have a wife someday and how do you think she'll feel?

• Love 1