Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight: The First Year

• Start Topic

I want to see some "real" stuff, preferably like Doug losing patience and Jamie gettin all defensive and feral with that teeth-baring thing she does.

Also, while I really kinda like Cortney and Jason, I don't want her to be the official doormat and saintly every damn minute.

• Love 4

Cosign I want the ever patient *eyeroll* Doug to tell Jamie that her behavior is not acceptable and he will not lie down and be her whipping boy anymore. I also want to see the real relationship between Cortney & Jason she has always been the wise patient saint but on the reunion she said that she had kicked Jason out of the apartment more than once. I do not want to see any experts especially the smug Dr C defending his pet Jamie.

I am so cynical when the show started I was really rooting for the couples to work now I am hoping for drama.

• Love 1

We'll do a pre-season poll closer to the first air dates of the spinoff. 

For now, I have mod-ish comments and questions:

1. When the new forum software gets through beta testing, for which I have no timeframe, we may be better off having MAFS and the spin-off in a single forum. I don't know, this is just the sense I get. But if anyone feels there's a compelling need to have separate forums, we can discuss that. There's time.

2. How do you all want to handle Twitter info, etc.? Will that constitute spoilers?

3. Any other issues, comments, observations, etc. about the forum on a meta-level?

Please let me know - the more opinions, the better!

I just realized how sad I will be now that we have to wait for Season 2 and the spin-off show!!! I love gossiping about this show with my friends, sisters and mom... and of course, you guys!

Anyhoo, I'd prefer everything to be in one forum and I think any information shared by the contestants in social media should be a spoiler. Maybe we should also have an "in the media" thread for things like news articles, interviews, random social media that isn't in other threads, etc.? 

• Love 2

I think a look at the rest of the first year of married life for Jason/Cortney and Doug/Jamie has potential.  

And I agree, anything shared on social media should be considered a spoiler, especailly since Jamie has zero filter and loves to spill everything. 

I just set up a no-spoilers media thread and a second thread for social media and spoiler-y media.

If that's not clear or if you can come up with a better way of differentiating between the two, please say so here.

Thanks!

FYI is airing the series again today as a marathon. Two more weeks to go.

Is the First Year show going to totally dump Vaughn and Monet or do they get updates where they look for love (or fame, same thing)?

On the forum side, will the episode threads be season 2 or will they be MAFSTFY season 1? I guess there's going to be a new season with different fame whores coming in the summer.

On the forum side, will the episode threads be season 2 or will they be MAFSTFY season 1? I guess there's going to be a new season with different fame whores coming in the summer.

I'll create a separate thread for the continuing couples. In fact, I may start with a poll right now.

• Love 1

I saw the commercial and it also stopped my dvr fast forwarding in its tracks.  It seemed like Jason and Courtney were acting more or less normal, while Doug and Jaimie were acting a little too cutesy for the cameras.  I do like both couples and hope they make it.  Heck, I even liked Vaughn and Monet and hope they are both doing well, separately.  A little update on them would be nice.

• Love 1

Saw a commercial for this that actually made me pause my fast-forwarding to watch -- the premiere is Jan 13 at 9pm Eastern.

Thanks for the date & time. I have to watch online so I haven't seen ads. Wheee! Edited by ramble

One of the site Admins has requested a separate forum for the spin-off, which should be live later today.

If it isn't up in time for you, post your comments here and I'll follow up with a redirect.

Thanks!

I saw Doug and Jamie on the Today show.  They were in a bed and they both looked ridiculous and so desperate and famewhorish.  He still looks like a slob and she still has that grin like a ferret.  I won't be watching these two but I will tune in for Jason and Courtney.  

• Love 1

I am going to watch the show, even though I find her really obnoxious, she seems like the kind of person who is acutely aware how "adorable" they are, and I hate that.

I'm watching for Jason and Cortney, I love Cortney, I'd marry her if I could.

• Love 2

I missed the first part of the show but I was reading on other threads that Doug just started a new job. Does anyone know if this was information he gave in the morning interview or in the show? Didnt he just start his previous job right before the show started? Hope new job is a step up. Based on Doug's job history it would be foolish for Jamie to get pregnant so soon unless she plans to be the primary breadwinner, sounds very immature to me.

The editors are cheerfully taking us right back to the original storylines, I see. Fire academy is hard. Jamie has trust issues. Wonder if Doug has smoked again?

Did Cortney lose her real job or the job the show wanted us to believe she had as a burlesque dancer?

I see both couples as sincere in their relationships and can't really fault them for grabbing the chance to make money off the show. I doubt they would have those nice apartments without it. And well, none of them is exactly J.D Salinger-like in their desire for privacy.

That's a long commute for Jamie, jeez. But hon? There's no such thing as a "perfect" mom, and I feel a little sorry for your potential offspring if you don't come to realize that.

Was it me or did you feel like she was being overly sweet this time because she was such a twat last year? I mean we get it that you are happy, but it seems forced. Anytime someone says babies bring you closer. I cringe and vomit a little in my mouth. Babies make you tired. Babies drain you of any desire for sex. Babies make you poor. They are wonderful but they do not make a fragile and new relationship...stronger

• Love 14

I don't blame the couples either for taking FYI's money and having the cameras still around but eventually they will go away and will they want to be married to each other then?!?  

And I do wish Jamie had a more realistic outlook on motherhood but with her family history its not surprising that she wants to be "perfect".  Good for Doug wanting to wait till he is ready.   

Not sure why they changed Courtney's job title but I don't think she has ever been a full time make up artist.  Its her dream job but the office manager one is what she has been paying her bills with.  And her loosing it and Jason only being a probie fireman, their income is going to take a big hit.    So no wonder they are ok with the FYI cameras being around!

So I guess the main story arcs for the reamaining episodes will be Courtney/Jason's money woes and Jamie/Doug's when to start a family woes.  

Cortney lost her office job. I think she should've told Jason as soon as possible and should already be looking for a new job. I doubt whatever money this show gives them is gonna last long. I wonder why she lost it anyway.

Jamie can be funny, but she needs to take a chill pill with the baby talk. It's not like they're discussing getting a new car or a new dog even, they're talking about a child. Pressuring him into making one will not end well. I preferred her when she was still sceptical about Doug. I love his family though, they're awesome.

I really hope the issues are exaggerated for the sake of drama. I wish they'd just show them as they are without any creative editing.

No need for Monet and Vaugh, those two are done for a good reason.

• Love 3

Jamie sure went from 0 to Stage 5 Clinger in no time flat, didn't she?  Quite a change from most of last season, when she wasn't sure if she could trust him and didn't want to give up her apartment.  It makes me a little suspicious.  Also, her mom was at the wedding, and came to dinner and indicated a desire to see them for the holidays.  It seems like she's TRYING, and Jamie doesn't seem particularly receptive.  I guess it's hard to forgive and forget after years of a parent's misbehavior, but again, I suspect its a ploy by Jamie for more camera time, or maybe the producers are pushing for a better storyline. 

i never got the idea that Courtney was earning a living as a makeup artist...I think it's something she does on the side (maybe for the burlesque group, among others) and she clearly had a full-time office job that was paying the bills.  The reason for her being "nicely laid off" was a little weird.  Maybe they're not thrilled with her doing the show? 

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure Jamie's mom is only interested in her while the cameras are rolling. She just wants to be on TV. So I don't blame Jamie for being sceptical.

I got that vibe too. As insincere as Jamie strikes me at times, I don't think her issues with her mother were played up for the camera. 

Cortney is an amazing wife, but she needs to tell Jason what is going on with her job. I adore those two, I really hope they can make it work.

Doesn't Doug work at his parent's company?

All I remember is that the new job is with his brother and maybe his sister but I don't remember the parents being involved.

I hope for Jamie's sake that she can tone down the baby talk but part of me thinks its producer driven and in reality they have worked out a timeline.

• Love 1