Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight: The First Year

• Start Topic

I've been having problems also but I have Windows 7.

Sometimes the site is fine, other times it freezes endlessly. Does it freeze for you?

Sometimes it will freeze, but usually it just crawls so slowly that it may as well freeze. Hope they can fix that. This place is very enjoyable otherwise!

One second she's fearing for Jason's life and the next segment Cortney's throwing her ring down the drain? Get a grip and grow up.

This is coming off like a really REALLY bad made up drama for them. Who in the heck would really throw their ring down a drain? 

• Love 2

Oh wow, Cortney, you throw your wedding ring down the drain at the same time Jason is secretly saving to propose to you with a new ring, SO CONVENIENT.  The tossed ring will be irretrievable, and in an upcoming episode, Jason will shock and awe us by saying (in a romantic monologue) "That's okay because *gets down on one knee and pulls out new ring* will you marry me?"  /s

I'm offended by how dumb the producers think we are. 

ETA: Having seen the size of the holes in the drain in their sink, there is no way in heck I believe that ring was really thrown down the drain. 

Edited by JoJoPowerRanger
  • Love 2

So Jamie comes back from selling the trailer in a completely different outfit, hair and makeup.

The production on this show is just horrible.

ETA: Having seen the size of the holes in the drain in their sink, there is no way in heck I believe that ring was really thrown down the drain.

Of  course  not.

• Love 1

So now the trailer is Jamie's security blanket since " the ex" is no longer part of the dialog? Does anyone think Jamie would ever move back into that trailer? Doug looks like he can barely tolerate Jamie, he looks so pained when he's on camera with her.

Ring-gate was totally made up. At one point, Jason appeared to be laughing. If Jason had really said the thing about Cortneys career, surely that would have made the episode. Like the great recap says, it's all too convenient that the ring goes missing, the money fight happened over allegedly saving for the ring, and at the end of the season, we will see a cheesy third proposal.

Neither of the married men are happy. Five years, none of them are together, I guarantee it.

Without having read any of the other posts yet: I was pretty impressed with this episode. The sequences with Cortney, especially, and Jason seemed very real. If she was acting, she's good, but I don't think she was. Really something to think about whenever the person you love goes out the door, and even more so if they have a dangerous job like Jason does.

Nice of Jamie to sell her trailer to the friend, but I'm still waiting for somebody - anybody - to call Jamie out on this attachment she's got to Myex and how she throws the guy in Doug's face all the time. Is the therapist aware of this?

ETA: Yes, the ring thing was stupid and made up. That's why I didn't care about it. The parts about Cortney getting a reality check over the fire made the episode worth watching.

Edited by okerry

I actually liked the episode, too, OKerry, because contrary to what another poster said, it seemed to me that there was some genuine feelings of love between Jamie and Doug at the end of the show when they were on the bed. The looks Doug gave her I don't think were fake. And Jaime seems to be doing everything she can to try to save their marriage. Yes, I know she's still effed up with this "best friend" person, but last season for them was so terrible, and I'm seeing improvement this season.

Courtney has never been a goofball. She's always had a good head on her shoulders. So this ring debacle is totally out of character and I'm not buying it. Also, any woman who would do such a thing in the heat of an argument would IMMEDIATELY be thinking OMG, what the hell did I just do??? and rush for the plunger and be making up a story right then and there in their head that they dropped the ring accidentally down the sink. C'mon, ladies, you know I'm right. But for most of the show, she blew it off until the end. Yeah, this is reality show manufactured drama, and C&J are just going along with it because they want to buy their own place and the money from these 3 seasons will make that happen for them. I still think their marriage is pretty strong.

• Love 3

Ok first, is Jamie seeing a therapist in the guy's home? That is how it was coming off to me with the look of the place and door with the locks on it. Is that normal for that area? I know where I am it would be an office and not look that way. These so called sessions of her getting help is such a joke. From how its coming off, its all so self serving and not to really get help for her issues. 

I'm thinking the whole trailer thing is coming off as made for the show. Why on earth would she have had that all these years? I'm not talking the years with Doug either. I'm talking about all the ones from even before that. She wasn't living in it. Unless she couldn't unload it until now. I really hope this home she was selling to an "old friend" doesn't have issues for that lady. BTW, is calling that a trailer another area thing because where I am we call those mobile homes. I look at a trailer as something hitched to a car/truck. 

Cortney and Jason's whole mess. It really is coming off made up with the ring and money stuff. Agree with JapMo, about how she is coming off now compared to when this first started. I do think that the emotional stuff was real. It may not hit a firefighter's wife or anyone who has a spouse doing a dangerous job at times, that things could happen to them until they know they are in those situations. I just think this show could do without all the made up crap for them to cause drama and give us them as they truly are and we would be happy with it  I have no clue how the ring would have gone down that drain myself. Seeing the sink like they showed it I am not getting it. Plus Jason smiling in it during the one scene. In the end I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing this for the checks and saving it for a home. They are the ones I could see working.....that is if all the behavior by them both is made up for the tv drama junk. Otherwise if they do act that way with each other it won't work unless they stopped.

As was said the producers must think we are stupid and don't catch on to things or how bad the editing can be with these things. Yet if they paid attention to what is said online in many places they would see we are smarter than they think and they might wake up and do a better job on the shows. 

• Love 1

1.  J&D -not sure what I think about this.  I read on another site Jamie stating she shouldn't see a male therapist because her issues were with men.   Of course this is all drama for drama's sake.  She really seems to need therapy, on national tv may not be the best for her.  Of course it puts her on tv a few more minutes.  I thought it was interesting when Dougs mom was telling him how many appointments she had years ago and for him not to expect to see immediate results.

2. C&J - I just cant help remembering how when they first got married how messy her home and closet was and how she admitted that she did not handle money well.  They are past the 1st year of marriage, financial responsibility has had to have been discussed.  If I were Jason, I would keep her away from all of the money too.  Also, she just admitted that she works so she can spend her money.  It takes both people saving money for a home, not just one.  Her father and brother are both fire fighters, I think.  So she would be more familiar with the danger aspect of Jasons job.  Of course when it is your husband you look at it a little differently

• Love 2

I think this episode should have been titled, "The trailer" for the amount of times she kept saying "my trailer". Was this ever an issue between her and Doug? They never showed them discussing it. And like a commenter said above, would we ever believe that if things didn't work out with Doug that she would just go back to her trailer in Dryden? Also, what was that outfit she was wearing on her way there? A hot pink sports bra with a mesh tank top over it? I was very distracted by her fashion choices.

• Love 3

Not sure why Jamie kept talking about how selling this trailer meant she was getting rid of her fallback plan, in case things didn't work out with Doug. There is no way she has lived in that trailer in YEARS. It's not like she was living there right before moving in with Doug, and keeping it just in case they broke up. Very odd. I also didn't understand how selling her friend the trailer was helping the friend out, unless she gave her friend a good deal. I hope Jamie did, anyway, seemed like that lady had done her some favors in the past. I also wonder if that meant that Jamie owned the land that the trailer was on. A lot of times in trailer/mobile home parks, you have to rent the plot and/or the home itself.

Side note: Doug is good at naming pets. "Foxy" and "Lady?" Perfection.

Cortney is a stupid shit in general, but I'm glad she came to her senses about making up with Jason. Clearly the ring thing was staged, but the staging of Cortney "watching the news" with the footage of the "fire in Brooklyn" was insane. It looked like those firefighters were putting out a blaze in a very rural area. It kind of distracted from the emotional impact of Cortney's worry about Jason (with which I totally sympathize).

Why the fuck Jason goes to Neph for relationship advice is beyond me. The guy is divorced and currently dating an unemployed twit.

• Love 4

Also, what was that outfit she was wearing on her way there? A hot pink sports bra with a mesh tank top over it? I was very distracted by her fashion choices.

I still want to know why she had completely different hair and different outfit when she got back home.

but the staging of Cortney "watching the news" with the footage of the "fire in Brooklyn" was insane. It looked like those firefighters were putting out a blaze in a very rural area.

Oh it looked like something from a movie.  What was the date of the "Brooklyn fire"?

A fire that big would have really been on the news!

Not sure why Jamie kept talking about how selling this trailer meant she was getting rid of her fallback plan, in case things didn't work out with Doug. There is no way she has lived in that trailer in YEARS. It's not like she was living there right before moving in with Doug, and keeping it just in case they broke up

It makes ZERO sense that she would still have it. Are we to believe she had being paying taxes and insurance on that while it sat empty for years? I doubt it was rented out.

If I remember correctly, she had a nice apt when she got married.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3

Yeah, they showed Jamie's pre-Doug NYC apartment once or twice on the original "Married at First Sight" and IIRC, it was pretty cute. I remember several of us here on the board wondering why Doug (who was living with his parents when he married Jamie) didn't just move into her place for the 6 weeks (ala Vaughn & Monet), because her place looked a lot nicer than the temporary rental they ended up in for the duration of filming.

As for her still owning the trailer, maybe one of her siblings still lived in it until recently? Just speculation.

• Love 1

I think this episode should have been titled, "The trailer" for the amount of times she kept saying "my trailer". Was this ever an issue between her and Doug? They never showed them discussing it. And like a commenter said above, would we ever believe that if things didn't work out with Doug that she would just go back to her trailer in Dryden? Also, what was that outfit she was wearing on her way there? A hot pink sports bra with a mesh tank top over it? I was very distracted by her fashion choices.

I have already admitted to bailing on this season and only coming here for the snark/to see what is happening, but I can tell you this - when Jamie gets her teeth in a "storyline" she sticks to it like glue!  Season 1 = baby, baby, baby.  Season 2 = Myex, Myex, Myex.  This season seems to be therapy, therapy, my trailer.

Question:  could this trailer be the same one she took Doug on a tour of during season 1 when she was baring her past to him?  I wondered at the time who was letting them tour their ugly, ill-kept trailer as if it were the place she had actually grown up in.

• Love 2

I have already admitted to bailing on this season and only coming here for the snark/to see what is happening, but I can tell you this - when Jamie gets her teeth in a "storyline" she sticks to it like glue!  Season 1 = baby, baby, baby.  Season 2 = Myex, Myex, Myex.  This season seems to be therapy, therapy, my trailer.

Question:  could this trailer be the same one she took Doug on a tour of during season 1 when she was baring her past to him?  I wondered at the time who was letting them tour their ugly, ill-kept trailer as if it were the place she had actually grown up in.

Yes, it is indeed the same trailer! I was also wondering how come there was such a friggin' hoard in that place. Shit everywhere. Wouldn't it be fairly empty if nobody had been living there? Makes me wonder if Jamie has been renting it out.

• Love 1

Yes, it is indeed the same trailer! I was also wondering how come there was such a friggin' hoard in that place. Shit everywhere. Wouldn't it be fairly empty if nobody had been living there? Makes me wonder if Jamie has been renting it out.

Jamie commented that she bought it through Rent to Buy and she was passing on the favor to her friend, so she has probably been living in thr trailer for a year or more already. It also was not some grand gesture of commitment to Doug now that she is secure in her marriage after her miracle therapy session as she has known that she would be signing the trailer over on completion of payment for a while.

Oh it looked like something from a movie.  What was the date of the "Brooklyn fire"?

A fire that big would have really been on the news!.

It was a real fire. I remember seeing it on the news but I don't know the date.

You would have thought so considering I can't see Jamie leaving a place looking that way with how she gets about her own. I know I thought it was odd how nasty the place looked inside. Then I figured maybe it was for the show so they dirtied it up a lot to make it looks horrible inside and dark. I know in my part of the country no one calls them trailers though and they are very nice looking as well. The mobile home parks are kept well and the over the last few months prices have jumped on the ones for sale as well...that is with the rent on the land. For here, most are on rented land and its rare to find ones you can own the land as well as the home. 

Jamie commented that she bought it through Rent to Buy and she was passing on the favor to her friend, so she has probably been living in thr trailer for a year or more already. It also was not some grand gesture of commitment to Doug now that she is secure in her marriage after her miracle therapy session as she has known that she would be signing the trailer over on completion of payment for a while.

And agree with this. It isn't some grand gesture at all. There was no miracle therapy session for her all of a sudden to now be ok with everything and marriage is grand and secure. Especially considering the fact that she made her little comment about how Doug wasn't with her going up there. I felt that was a bit selfish considering he is working. Which it seems Jamie is only working at trying to be on tv more and more and not as a nurse anymore. *eyeroll* 

I don't know if it would matter if she spoke to a man or woman really for therapy but I guess if she really had major issues with men she wouldn't be talking to one and would feel more comfortable with a lady. I just know I don't think she is getting real help considering its all on tv and its coming off for show. Unless some of what she is saying is not filmed or cut out because of some agreement about what is shown/filmed I am not buying this whole therapy of her's. She puts on a good show with how she wants her life to be at any time (good or bad). I kind of feel bad for Doug in this all. She is putting on the act like she is better so quickly and he has his mom letting him know these things take time. Which he should listen to his mom on it because it would take time IF she was really trying to get help. 

I'm sure it was a real fire, but that was some super-fake news coverage of said fire. The footage didn't look like a fire in the middle of a city, and the voiceover didn't sound like anything coming from local news. Plus the picture was so clear on the TV...you normally get a weird-looking shot if you're filming a TV with picture and sound on it. My guess is that they created a new "news segment" for Courtney to react to.

The ring story was absolutely fucking ridiculous. Who does that? Oh wait...a girl who's been whining about needing a new ring, that's who. I think there was some playing around with editing there, because it really seemed like they hadn't seen each other or spoken for a few days, longer than just one of Jason's shifts.

I thought it was weird that it was Jamie's second time with the therapist and she greeted him with a big hug.

• Love 3

I'm sure it was a real fire, but that was some super-fake news coverage of said fire. The footage didn't look like a fire in the middle of a city, and the voiceover didn't sound like anything coming from local news. Plus the picture was so clear on the TV...you normally get a weird-looking shot if you're filming a TV with picture and sound on it. My guess is that they created a new "news segment" for Courtney to react to.

I assume she was watching a real report but that the show didn't get permission to air it.

• Love 1

I thought hugging the therapist was weird. I've seen the same person for three years and we've never touched. Is this common?

If Jamie really had major blockages with men it does seem weird she would see one after saying she wanted a female. Maybe she thinks they will far under her fake eyelash spell and tell her what she wants to hear.

I'm confused, how does selling your trailer to a friend constitute a favor? A favor would be bequeathing it to her. Selling it is a business transaction.

When you foster a dog I thought that meant you provided a temporary home while a permanent home was found. It sounded like an adoption.

Cortney definitely has issues with rage. Have you seen how she and her minions go after anyone on her social media that have a difference of opinion? Not just someone nasty, which I get but basically anything that doesn't fit into her narrative.

She's lazy and a slob. I think if you are the partner home more then you should do more of the household care. She's so passive aggressive it's ridiculous. She was a slob before they got married with major spending issues and debt, a spotty work history and nothing has changed since then.

• Love 5

I don't do SM but interesting to hear about Cortney's behavior on it. Similar to other reality "stars" it seems like. Especially from this show. 

Agree about the footage for the fire. I will assume that whatever news stations wouldn't let them use their reporters coverage of it so they voiced over it. It is getting a bit much with this show's way of editing of things. 

I listen more than watch at times so I missed Jamie hugging her therapist but it does seem a bit wrong IMO to do something like that. Yet i figures with her really. She doesn't seem to be very appropriate much. It is so fake with all of it. Like I said, I have no clue if its normal for some places but it looked like it was the dude's living room or someone's living room that these so called therapy sessions where happening. Which in turn, for someone that claims to have all these issues with trust and men, she is VERY friendly to many of them isn't she?

• Love 1

I hate to be armchair psychiatrist (though an armchair degree is probably better then one from Argosy...looking at you Dr C), but Jamie totally craves unconditional love and security from male figures, as it is something she never had growing up. 

I give Jamie a lot of crap, but she really did have a horrible childhood.  I think she said they DNA tested six men and none of them turned out to be her father.  This is one of the reasons Doug is wrong for her.  He is a big kid himself, who simply wants to enjoy life and hang out with his family (nothing wrong with that).

I can't believe how my post is going to be so pro Jamie.  In the first season of Married at First Sight, Courtney was edited pretty favorably and Jamie came off as very fake and phony.  I think Courtney did an excellent job of handling Jason's mother's death and being there for him when he needed her.  Also, Jamie is phonier then a three dollar bill.

However, it was always interesting to me that the women could not be more different in their attitudes towards work.  Jamie is very ambitious and driven.  I can imagine that she is a very hard worker.

Courtney has always seemed a bit like spoiled princess in that regard.

I remember this being illustrated in an earlier Thanksgiving episode.  Courtney was complaining to Jason that he had to be with her during Thanksgiving, though he had no control over the situation because of the nature of his job (my husband has an emergency type job and often has to work holidays and it is something you learn to live with as a spouse).  Courtney was berating him and going on about how it is important they spend the holiday together as a young married couple.  Jason, finally agreed that he would try to get the holiday off and then Courtney adds that he can not expect her to cook, because she does not cook (this is after she quit her job without telling him) and was just hanging around the house all day.

Jamie was working as a nurse and she cooked for Doug's family and her own.

I should also say, that I think it is no way only the wife's responsibility to prepare the meal.  It kind of pissed me off that Doug did not do more to help Jamie when she was getting the meal together.

I do think it is interesting that the two women who are part of  the original success stories of the show could not be more different.  I am not saying one is better then the other, but, they are very different.

• Love 4

qtpye, agree with what you are saying. The only thing I will say about Jamie working hard, is that I think she is only working hard towards having fame and nothing more. The way she used to do it was to survive for herself and her siblings. Which I am trying to find a way to phrase it...its like she isn't as true and genuine at this point in her life as she once might have been. Most people that go through a life in the way she says she did don't get all selfish and make it all about them and nothing more. I do think she has issues she would be dealing with though but in private because tv therapy is not the way to go and will not help her at all. With that I do think that Doug should be helping more with cooking. Yet at the same time Jamie isn't really working anymore as a nurse as far as we can tell. So with that more should fall on her than him IMO. This is coming from a stay at home mom. My husband will cook though but I do most of it. I also think that they just aren't matched well. She wanted someone to fix her issues with trust and men and to have instant family. He wanted a wife that was probably similar to him I am betting. Someone more easy going and doesn't want to be a fame whore. LOL

I also agree that Cortney should be cooking as well. Especially when she wasn't working. She should have been cleaning and cooking. Its not like their place was that big. So it probably would take less than a half hour out of a day to clean it all. Then knowing when Jason would be home she could have had dinner cooking or ready. When both are working share it all. Do it together. The thing that bugged me with them was that she said she left the folder with their papers for that other place on the floor. To me I try to make sure certain papers go in a certain spot so I don't lose them and have them when needed. I just don't get why they would be on the floor. Even for a day or 2. Why not a counter top or shelf? I wouldn't be surprised if she was treated princess like growing up. Maybe they had someone to pick up their home all the time or her mom did it. While Jason had his mom only and so you can bet he helped her out a lot. I will say that I do get how it is with limited space though and not able to have a place for everything. Its even harder when you have kids. Yet I think it would be easier if it was 2 adults than 2 adults with kids to make due with smaller space. 

• Love 1

Does anyone else notice how many made-for-TV-movie cliches Cortney uses when she talks?  It's like she wants to live out her own little fairy tale.  "It takes TWO people to make a relationship, and two people to break it!!" (long stare, under chic hat).  Or, "Jason is working hard and growing personally, and in our relationship.  I'm so proud of him!!" (flashing her ultra white teeth).   I think that for someone who works here and there, she definitely should be doing more to keep the apartment together.  It's not that tiny;  it's just that they have a lot of stuff and it's a mess.  (Remember when they moved and opened the storage closet, which looked like something out of a Hoarders episode?)

Jason seems to scramble, a lot, to do things to try and please her.  I've never seen someone need so much special attention for birthdays, first Christmases, etc.  And if he wants to buy her a ring, fine- but all the blatant evasiveness about the personal bank account was very contrived.

Jamie seemed to go to therapy only because Doug insisted, not because she thought it would help her.  The argument in the restaurant made me cringe:  Doug apologizes, she says, "ok, BUT... it would be nice if you..."  He didn't have a leg to stand on.

Jamie needs to work on her voice.  Ever hear of the term "vocal fry"?  She is the queen of it and it's so annoying.

• Love 3

Does anyone else notice how many made-for-TV-movie cliches Cortney uses when she talks?  It's like she wants to live out her own little fairy tale.  "It takes TWO people to make a relationship, and two people to break it!!" (long stare, under chic hat).  Or, "Jason is working hard and growing personally, and in our relationship.  I'm so proud of him!!" (flashing her ultra white teeth).

Jamie seemed to go to therapy only because Doug insisted, not because she thought it would help her.  The argument in the restaurant made me cringe:  Doug apologizes, she says, "ok, BUT... it would be nice if you..."  He didn't have a leg to stand on.

I was wondering how much of her time is spent reading relationship and self help books. It just came off as she was quoting stuff from that or the crap Pepper loves spouting on and on about. *gag* I was rolling my eyes a bit during the times she repeats stuff like that and the tone she does it in. I just think these 2 need to quit doing this show and get on with their lives outside it. 

Of course Doug didn't have a leg to stand on. Its ALL about Jamie and how she feels, what she wants, what she needs, etc... Who cares what Doug is feeling or wants/needs. Look at how she was about "helping" an old family friend out with the mobile home? It was all about her and not really helping anyone else or letting something go that she could run away too (as if she would live in that again). She rambles on about how it feels for her going there again *eyeroll* and Doug should be there with her doing it even though he is actually working. I am surprised we didn't see her freaking out on him for working and not going with her on that. 

• Love 2

I laughed hysterically at the Caeser's Palace-esque, gigantic pediment with lavish Corinthian columns on the front of Neph's house.  It was so hideous and a very poor design choice.  Also, Neph's hair at the jewerly store looked like he was wearing a bike helmet.  My husband thought he had higlights, but then determined that it was the reflection of the lights on his overly greased hair.

Not sure what Neph was thinking on that house look. It doesn't match it at all. The whole front was a joke. I can't believe she didn't tell him a thing for that look. It was horrid and I would in no way be able to be ok with that. What the heck was that New York citizen comment? That came off stupid and lame to me. Still not seeing why they are on this show. I would think they have enough drama to toss in the show that we don't need them to fill in time. Especially considering it was like what a couple of minutes of time on it? 

Honestly the whole thing with Jason and Cortney talking to a financial adviser. It seems like such a waste of money when all she told them was stuff they could have figured out on their own if they had actually discussed it without the fake tv drama fighting. Cortney saying she doesn't like Jason planning stuff, I laughed because that is my husband. I have to plan things. Being the planner all the time gets old so I would think even if it at first seems lame with what he planned it would all be good in the end. Which for this was since off they go to Hawaii. I'd love if my husband planned something for once so I wouldn't have to. Of course I am sure the show helped or did all the planning for that trip. LOL

I will bet that the "myex" wanted nothing to do with being part of the show drama so Jamie had to get this tub of her stuff so its like its all over and she is moving on. *eyeroll* I am so sick of Pepper being in any of this stuff. Sorry but if Jamie can't deal with someone being late ever she needs to get over herself. Its all about HER time. Why didn't she go get the dogs? She didn't seem to be doing anything. Plus why were they left at the vet anyway? I don't leave mine at the vet and no one else does unless they are having surgery. With how Jamie talks about taking care of her siblings and how she is with Doug, I have to wonder how much she was on their backs growing up over everything and anything like she is with Doug. She can't seriously expect everyone to be on time all the time because she wants it and when they aren't look at it as a trust thing. I know I am someone that hates being late or to close to a time for something BUT it does happen for many reasons that things get thrown off. I think as long as he picked the dogs up and came home she should be happy. Not start the whining and complaining up about trust and respect for her. Where is his respect? Doug really looks like he is putting on a face most the time and trying to just get through all this. The previews for the next one we are back to the whole baby talk again. I would think its something she would talk to her therapist about and he would tell her to chill on it and work on her issues first. I can just see how it would be with her as a mom too. Her child does one little thing wrong and she is going to be on them like she is Doug with how she can't trust the child and the child doesn't respect her. SMH I can't see them lasting much longer with how wound up tight and distrustful Jamie is about everything. 

• Love 1

I was wondering where the hell this show went. I guess they took a week off.

Jason and Cortney are giving me whiplash. One week everything's horrible, the next week it's great, the next week it's horrible again. Ugh. And "I don't wanna be pregnant on the subway, because Jason delivered a baby on a subway once." WTF is she even going on about? Just don't go on the subway near your due date, when you're having active labor contractions, after your water broke, and you'll be fine.

Nothing about Neph is worth discussing.

Jamie and Doug...yawn. The whole ghost-hunting thing, where they asked "what time of year is it?" and it just said "FALL" on the playback was so goddamn stupid. I don't know why Jamie was like "oh my gosh!" only to act totally unimpressed seconds later.

• Love 1

This show has totally lost its footing. The ring drama was fake and sure Jason will let FYI pick up the tab for a ring and trip to Hawaii. This is FYI money paying for it, it's not from his mom. And then their troubled marriage will miraculously be perfect because she got a ring and a trip? Does anyone think Jason will ever leave FDNY? Is it fair for Cortney to even ask? That seems really selfish. I think Jason is a good guy and should not give up his dream job. And even Dr Pepper sees a exasperated.

The pre baby bucket list is stupid and Doug wants OUT. Jamie is exhausting and demanding and that will get worse with babies. I believe Doug will be the one to leave. And that little container of crap that was allegedly at her exs? Please it's insulting to the viewers they have left. 

I think the show is done. Neither of these men are happy and they both need to get out

The ring drama was fake and sure Jason will let FYI pick up the tab for a ring and trip to Hawaii.

Oh I'm sure the jewelry store provided the ring in exchange for advertising. When he "proposes" the camera will zoom to the ring box with the store name. Just like on The Bachelor.

Jason isn't paying for the Hawaii trip either. It will be an informercial with comps by airlines, hotels and restaurants.

I just wonder how much they all are getting paid for being in this season.

On 4/28/2016 at 0:07 PM, Vinyasa said:

Oh I'm sure the jewelry store provided the ring in exchange for advertising. When he "proposes" the camera will zoom to the ring box with the store name. Just like on The Bachelor.

Jason isn't paying for the Hawaii trip either. It will be an informercial with comps by airlines, hotels and restaurants.

I just wonder how much they all are getting paid for being in this season.

Well if he bought it from the place they were in they got advertising from this episode. He was standing where the name of the place was right behind him on the wall. Same with the place they meet his sister at for lunch/dinner. They sure flashed the name of that restaurant at the end of the scenes from it. I can imagine its part of the deal though for using their places for filming in them too. 

I agree about the not taking the subway if you are due any time now and that being a lame excuse for some stuff. Yet there are many women that will try to have their babies in certain places (Disneyland is one that comes to mind) thinking it will get them something out of it when that is not the case at all. Of course there are those that will gladly do what they can to avoid the places so they can make sure they are close to home and their hospital in time. I will say that I can understand why she would want to live back in her home city/state to raise kids. I have seen the city I am in change in the 17 yrs I have lived here now and its not for the better either. My husband and I were talking about it too and how we wouldn't mind more of a small town feel but within our state still. Even the city I grew up in is insane now with what has been done there and built in some parts of the city. So I get it wanting some space and yard for kids...as well as thinking of cost. The cost of what they could get in NY compared to NC (that is the right place for her, yes?) for the size of a place they would want. Yet at the same time what they could do is buy a place in NY live there a few years or so and move to a place in NC and rent the one in NY out. That would be the smart thing to do IF they were to agree on moving out of the state at some point. I think that is what they will need to do over the next few years. Figure out how they want to do it all and if they can agree on where they want to live in the future to raise a family. They obviously have to just get on the same page about it and both be happy with the end results or someone will end up not liking the other over it all. 

(edited)
On 4/28/2016 at 2:21 PM, CPA Carol said:

This show has totally lost its footing. The ring drama was fake and sure Jason will let FYI pick up the tab for a ring and trip to Hawaii. This is FYI money paying for it, it's not from his mom. And then their troubled marriage will miraculously be perfect because she got a ring and a trip? Does anyone think Jason will ever leave FDNY? Is it fair for Cortney to even ask? That seems really selfish. I think Jason is a good guy and should not give up his dream job. And even Dr Pepper sees a exasperated.

The pre baby bucket list is stupid and Doug wants OUT. Jamie is exhausting and demanding and that will get worse with babies. I believe Doug will be the one to leave. And that little container of crap that was allegedly at her exs? Please it's insulting to the viewers they have left. 

I think the show is done. Neither of these men are happy and they both need to get out

No marriage is "happy" all the time, and these two couples' marriages are no different except for the "married to a stranger" component and the media exposure that has accompanied it.   Agreed, though, that Jamie's personality is exhausting, and Doug does, at times, look worn out and worn down because of it. Even so, I like them together and could see these two growing and maturing as time goes on, something that is both possible and necessary in any marriage. 

Cortney comes off as spoiled and unwilling to accept correction, even when the criticism seems justified.  To be fair, though, I would bet there is more to Jason than we're seeing. Sometimes when he's angry or saying something less than complimentary to Cortney, his eyes and expression look a little bit menacing. Anyone else notice this?

Edited by StayingAfterSunday

I can understand why Courtney would like to move back to NC with Jason to live and raise any children they may have there. But I think her claim their money will go further in terms of cost of living presumes both she and Jason will be making the same salaries in NC as they are in NY. I looked at NYC firefighter salaries here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/community/ff_salary_benefits_080106.shtml

And firefighter salaries in Charlotte, NC here: http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Firefighter-l-Charlotte,-NC.html

It appears the salary for firefighters in Charlotte is considerably lower in NC than NY. And one would have to think if Courtney continues to work, her job opportunities as a makeup artist for film are going to be fewer (of course, she can always do wedding makeup and such, but I doubt that pays as much).

The point is, while the cost of living in Charlotte may be lower, so will their salaries. Yes, the environment in which they raise their children will be different (I'm not going to say "better," because I'm sure some pretty successful, well educated and well balanced people have been raised in both places), but that's more of a personal preference. I just don't think, looking at the numbers, the cost of living argument is a slam-dunk the way Courtney thinks it is.

• Love 2
On 5/1/2016 at 7:12 PM, StayingAfterSunday said:

No marriage is "happy" all the time, and these two couples' marriages are no different except for the "married to a stranger" component and the media exposure that has accompanied it.   Agreed, though, that Jamie's personality is exhausting, and Doug does, at times, look worn out and worn down because of it. Even so, I like them together and could see these two growing and maturing as time goes on, something that is both possible and necessary in any marriage. 

Cortney comes off as spoiled and unwilling to accept correction, even when the criticism seems justified.  To be fair, though, I would bet there is more to Jason than we're seeing. Sometimes when he's angry or saying something less than complimentary to Cortney, his eyes and expression look a little bit menacing. Anyone else notice this?

On 5/1/2016 at 7:12 PM, StayingAfterSunday said:

Agree that no marriage is happy all the time. Its just not possible for that. I do think Jamie has worn Doug down so much over everything. One minute its that she can't trust him over the stupidest little thing and the next minute its back to pushing for a baby with him. Doug seems like a decent guy. Yet its to the point that he can do nothing right in Jamie's eyes. Yet I question what she is doing all day at this point. She doesn't seem to be a nurse anymore so why isn't she doing the things she is nagging Doug to do and be on time about when she has the time for it.

Yes about Jason. I have wondered if he has a temper like no other we aren't seeing. Sure she has her own and is stubborn as hell on things but the little digs about things and how he gets about some things I have wondered about him. I sometimes get the feeling that he feels he is better than her because he is a fire fighter and not just any fire fighter but a NY one. 

4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I can understand why Courtney would like to move back to NC with Jason to live and raise any children they may have there. But I think her claim their money will go further in terms of cost of living presumes both she and Jason will be making the same salaries in NC as they are in NY. I looked at NYC firefighter salaries here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/community/ff_salary_benefits_080106.shtml

And firefighter salaries in Charlotte, NC here: http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Firefighter-l-Charlotte,-NC.html

It appears the salary for firefighters in Charlotte is considerably lower in NC than NY. And one would have to think if Courtney continues to work, her job opportunities as a makeup artist for film are going to be fewer (of course, she can always do wedding makeup and such, but I doubt that pays as much).

The point is, while the cost of living in Charlotte may be lower, so will their salaries. Yes, the environment in which they raise their children will be different (I'm not going to say "better," because I'm sure some pretty successful, well educated and well balanced people have been raised in both places), but that's more of a personal preference. I just don't think, looking at the numbers, the cost of living argument is a slam-dunk the way Courtney thinks it is.

Agree with this as well. Which she make get that but its never discussed or at least shown. Most of us I would think know that if the cost of living in an area is cheaper than where one lives that you should understand the income is not as much also. Especially when switching from different states. It can either go up or it can go way down. Just the face that min. wage is not the same across the country shows that. Yet I think she is looking not only at that but what you can get in the size of a house in NC compared to NY for the same size or the same price. I do agree that raising kids in one place or the other doesn't make it better but different. You have to look at what is around you to offer your family. How the area is, the schools and so on.  I think with Cortney she really misses her family and being around them which is a great deal of why she rather live there. A place like NY is not for everyone but as you said if she wants to do make up and have a decent income from it than a place like NY would have more chances for it to work out. So in the end there are many things they have to weigh in on the choice of where they will live. Its all just another part of being married. LOL 

What cortney wants, cortney thinks she deserves. I think every quibble Jason has about her is probably very accurate. Like I've said on another thread she is very defensive and aggressive on her social media if someone disagrees with her or has a different opinion. She also has minions that are her attack dogs as well. I think there's a reason she doesn't get many makeup artist gigs besides her being amateurish. (Wow, the formatting is off here) and competitiveness of the environment. I don't think she's very professional 

Let's see how she likes living in Charlotte on $40,000 a year. She won't be getting a makeup artist job except at a Sephora. 

• Love 1

I think Courtney is banking on this show going on for another couple of seasons at least.  They are probably getting 200-250K (and some reports even say 400K) per season.  That money will go a lot further in Charlotte then NYC.  Heck, they probably could buy a house outright, with no mortgage.

I think Courtney is going to use her "fame" to launch a business.  Reality show D listers are probably more rare in Charlotte then NYC (this is just a guess).

(edited)
On 5/2/2016 at 4:12 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

What cortney wants, cortney thinks she deserves. I think every quibble Jason has about her is probably very accurate. Like I've said on another thread she is very defensive and aggressive on her social media if someone disagrees with her or has a different opinion. She also has minions that are her attack dogs as well. I think there's a reason she doesn't get many makeup artist gigs besides her being amateurish. (Wow, the formatting is off here) and competitiveness of the environment. I don't think she's very professional 

Let's see how she likes living in Charlotte on $40,000 a year. She won't be getting a makeup artist job except at a Sephora. 

Yes, it's obvious she can get very defensive at times.  I wonder what type of personality Jason's mother had? Obviously, she was an artist. Cortney is a makeup artist and, while I'm not saying Jason's mother's artistry and Cortney's are of the same genre, they may have similar personality traits. Perhaps Jason is accustomed to certain aspects of that type of personality. Here is Myers-Briggs Personality traits for the Creative personality (a/k/a "The Artist"): It lists the positive and negative traits. From what we see of Cortney, this personality type appears to describe her pretty well.    http://myersbriggspersonalitytypes.tumblr.com/post/49467992301/isfp-traits-the-artists.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 1