Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Some of the Things That Molecules Do

This show is gorgeous and mesmerizing. It even made me put down my iPad and watch, which is sadly saying a lot. The explanation behind the evolution of the eye was wonderful. My not-so-inner science nerd is very happy.

I find the references to the spiritual very interesting - like when NdGT made reference to feeling a kinship with all living things. I found this episode both more honest and less awkwardly heavy-handed than the adventures of George Harrison, astrological maverick. Do you think that the tone he struck would resonate at all with people that have a foot in the creationist or intelligent design camps? I can't even smell the distant smoke from those campfires, so I'm curious.

I am sure this episode really pissed some people off. Like a lot. That part when NdGT looked directly into the camera and said "Evolution is FACT, it HAPPENED" man, I'm glad I'm not in my Texas high school anymore because I'm just imagining some heads exploding over that... though I'm also imagining that the people who would get super pissed wouldn't have been watching anyway so... Preaching to the choir a bit? Maybe, but it was still great. I liked this one a lot more than the first episode. I was actually not planning on watching the whole thing, I was headed to bed but I got sucked in. It was great. 

• Love 2

Ha, so yeah. I looked for 'Christian' reaction on the web, which reminded me exactly why I came HERE to discuss. Guess I live a sheltered life here in Northern CA because WTF? "A propaganda piece for militant anti-creator evolutionists". A comment on one of the articles about the reaction had a great idea - If you don't believe in science, you are not allowed to use what science has created to denounce science.

• Love 3