Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: X

• Start Topic

One "bogus" I can cry on the chopping off of the arm at mid-humerus, the specimens that they show were all intact and taken from the shoulder or the hip, so that the humerus was intact and the femur was intact. Unsub-dude wouldn't have chopped of an arm in mid-bone to sell, IMO. And she would have been at least on IV fluids, if he expected her to last through multiple "harvests." Eww.

• Love 2

I will say that sometimes people have extraordinary reactions to severe physical trauma. There was a guy my father knew in 'Nam who was in a plane/chopper that got shot down. The pilot was killed. The guy was in the Army Security Agency and had sensitive equipment that couldn't fall into enemy hands. So he moved the pilot's body, destroyed the equipment, radioed for help, and laid down cover fire for the rescue team. When the rescue team found him, the back of his skull was completely off and his brain was exposed to the open air. They said he shouldn't have been conscious much less up and running around.

So perhaps it *might* be possible to say that this chick somehow got an adrenaline kick and was in survival mode enough to escape. But its highly doubtful. I still call BS on it. LOL.

• Love 1

I saw it as an adrenaline kick- survival tends to make the human body do strange things. I just think she would have collapsed in Rossi's arms, not at the ambulance, since once she got to Rossi she knew she was safe...but I let that go. I also let go the fact that Steven Parkett didn't chop off her arm right at the shoulder- I presume the actress herself is missing her arm past the point where it was chopped off on the show, and I suspect given the time constraints in producing an episode, you gotta take what you can get in the actor/actress world.

Normasm, good point about the legs, although it does make me wonder why he doesn't just chop off all the limbs at once. Surely he could sedate them enough to get rid of all of their limbs in one go- plus he works with horses, and everyone knows that ketamine is a horse sedative. I still can't get out of my head that the sequence was contrived to allow for an escape.

• Love 1

Actually, Daniel, I think the actress just had her arm pulled behind her and a mask or a prosthetic simulated the absence of the lower arm. I she had moved it or if it hadn't been so pulled backward, I would have thought as you.

I do think the perp would drug the subject, and take all limbs at once. Probably the torso would go to another vendor.

• Love 2

Actually, Daniel, I think the actress just had her arm pulled behind her and a mask or a prosthetic simulated the absence of the lower arm. I she had moved it or if it hadn't been so pulled backward, I would have thought as you.

I guess I'd have to watch it again and see if her right side is "larger" than her left- indicating a prosthetic mask. She was wearing a tank top, so it's not like her clothing could conceivably cover her arm- thus it would have to be a good prosthetic. Meaning that, for once, someone on the CM set got something right. :P

• Love 1

Just rewatched this episode today. It is not that bad when compared to the episodes from seasons eleven and twelve, and it started out promising, but the scene where Kate and Penelope gush about cute animal pictures while Spencer is working on a geographic profile (and has to

interrupt them in order to inform them about his findings) was so cringy.

And yes, before that, the scene where Kate jokes about beating up a perp after arresting him. What a scumb... I mean, strong, competent, admirable FBI agent she is.

And the way they learned about that professor (who turned out to be the victim, not the unsub), and handled that, was just brilliant. The unsub *might* have some medical background. There is *one* medical school in *one* of the universities in the city (was it the one inside the geographic profile? I might have missed that.). *One* professor took a sabbatical shortly before the murders started and still hasn't returned to work. Of course, that is enough to storm into his apartment and search it.

And the scene on the plane, when Derek, JJ and Kate joke about how many times they have been hurt on the job, laughing and chilling, when Spencer was shot in the neck literally two episodes prior (to be fair, in a previous season, but still..). I can't even.

• Love 3