Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Glass on Blast

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I really did like the glass challenge, showing depth as they mostly did good work. They need to stop hating on who won. Booberella you don't have an industry, you work for one so that "our industry" thing she was talking about was laughable.

Angel if a canvas says she wants one of her mother's horse high chance that she's gonna have a photo of it. Could he and Cris make it obvious that they were gonna give Josh the bear on the ribs when they looked back at him.

Booberella's tat was hideous and looked liked a child's artwork. She sure can dish it but can't take it and all of a sudden she wants to cry cause she's on the bottom. Both women beat her ass yet she's suppose to be the better artist when she's proving she's one of the weakest.

IDK why Josh added that explosion in the background. I see moving the tat if the guy has loose skin from losing weight, but man can he talk a canvas into moving the tat, but he had a good reason to.

Ryan's tat was beyond ugly, the face, the leg, just everything about it was fugly. He needed to go home for that one.

Mark's was too dark and wrinkly an elephant doesn't have that many wrinkles on its body. What is going on with him? He doesn't tattoo like he's been doing it for years.

CRO, Jason, and Tyeisha had the best tattoos.

1.  I would have picked yoga elephant over smudgy elephant head.

2.  Like the rest of the universe, I was gratified to see Emily humbled.

Let's hear it for "female Native American lesbian" tattoo artists!

• Love 5

Can't say that the wrong tattoo artist went home. That horse was awful.

Emily is definitely one of those who can dish it out but can't take it. Can't say I feel bad for her. Instead of talking mad stuff, how about she back it up with her tattoos. It was terrible. I was worried that I was going to see blood with the way she was clenching her fist so hard.

Yeah, it was great to see Emily humbled for those 30 seconds.  I was amazed when she talked about putting her energy in the wrong place.  Thankfully, she quickly told someone she wanted to punch them into a wall.  

Team Josh, I guess...

For some reason reading this makes me realize I'm not rooting for anyone.  I think I like having the yelling on in the background while I do something else, then seeing the final tattoos.  It'd be fun if this were the first reality show in a while to end the season with no winner.  I'm just not seeing either the talent or the personality to pick a horse, although I like Tyesha after this episode.  She handled the bullshit beautifully.

• Love 1

Thanks to fast forwarding through the fights and Dave's repetitive bits, I'm enjoying this season so much more. Even with that, I still despise that one bitch. Glad to finally see that smug sneer figuratively slapped off her face.

This episode was also notorious for having some of the most jacked animals I've ever seen on this show. The losing horse was horribly deformed; an elephant had bacon tree bark skin disease, and a gorilla was turned into a blind impressionist's painting. However, I will grant you the judging criteria was on dimension, which is not the same as realism. So if the smug bitch's gorilla had shown greater 3D depth, then it could be as impressionistic as she wanted and won. But she didn't, so I danced in schadenfreude glee.

• Love 3

The losing horse was horribly deformed; an elephant had bacon tree bark skin disease, and a gorilla was turned into a blind impressionist's painting. However, I will grant you the judging criteria was on dimension, which is not the same as realism. So if the smug bitch's gorilla had shown greater 3D depth, then it could be as impressionistic as she wanted and won. But she didn't, so I danced in schadenfreude glee.

interesting that everyone was worried about doing the colour of the horse and yet it turned out so ugly that the colour was the least of it's problems - bacon tree bark skin disease sums up that elephant beautifully and I want to work that phrase into a conversation somewhere, sometime!

• Love 1

The bacon-elephant wouldn't have been that bad if the artist hadn't used brown--elephants aren't brown!  At all!  Shades of gray would have reduced the texture contrast a bit, which would have helped.

That losing horse was possibly the worst thing I've seen on this show.  It looked like it was drawn by a not-particularly-talented child, had no shading or texture to speak of, and damn little color--um, chestnut is more of a reddish color than just plan brown, and it could have stood out nicely from her own skin color.

And Emily is shown to be a classic bully: she can dish it out but she can't take it.  She's too busy trying to psych out her competitors to actually do a good tattoo, and then she dissolves into a mass of tears when it seems she might be sent home.  Feh.

Cleen Rock One (ugh, what DOES that freaking mean anyway???) seems pretty talented. I still do like Jason and Joshua, too, though, and I like that Angel seems very supportive, almost parental, of his rival.

I WANT ONE OF THOSE SANDBLASTED GLASS SETS AS AN ART INSTALLATION IN MY LIVING ROOM!!! Any one of them will do, except for whichever one was Emily's. I dislike hers just on principle.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 6

I didn't even watch the last 10 mins of this show because I just knew that miserable Emily would be saved. 

I also like Jason & Josh and since when did I start liking Ty'esha so much?  I hate how this show seems to cast such piss poor female artists.

• Love 1

Did Emily actually say something like "I'm not a bitch, I'm being Intense"?   She needs to quit chugging the drama-ade and take a step back from this character she's been creating on screen.   I simply cannot believe it's all real. 

She also seems to think that she's been responsible for the abysmal designs and techniques her fellow competitors have been putting out.  As if she planned it all, and they are dropping according to HER predetermined scheme to win. 

I will give her the absolute top marks for delusion.  I've never yet seen her equal on this show, and there have been a lot of delusional characters in it's history. 

• Love 2
The losing horse was horribly deformed; an elephant had bacon tree bark skin disease, and a gorilla was turned into a blind impressionist's painting.

This is the funniest thing I've read online in a long time- thank you.

It's interesting that they call out Josh for lack of drawing skills while producing the geishas of last week, or the special animals of this week.  At least he can copy something.  

And I meant to ask before- what really could have been done about the nipple in that one tattoo?  Obviously place it differently, but the guest judge seemed to say you could disguise it somehow.  I didn't get that, and I can't imagine tattooing the nipple itself.

• Love 2
It's interesting that they call out Josh for lack of drawing skills while producing the geishas of last week, or the special animals of this week.  At least he can copy something.

What I don't understand is why did everyone get so worked up over him talking his client out of getting a tattoo on his ribcage??  Hasn't that been done 1,000 times before by different people on this show?  Why is it NOW all of a sudden a big deal?

what really could have been done about the nipple in that one tattoo?  Obviously place it differently, but the guest judge seemed to say you could disguise it somehow.  I didn't get that,I can't imagine tattooing the nipple itself.

I had to look this up but yeah you can tattoo right over a nipple.  Man the pain of that must be unbearable but there are pics out there of people who had it done and you can't even see the nip now.  Who knew??

I can't imagine tattooing the nipple itself.

Well, in the episode of Tattoo Nightmares-Miami that followed this episode of Ink Master, that is exactly what Clint did to his client. The client had a weird Native American thingy hanging off one nipple (thought women would be impressed and also thought he was part NA, but wasn't). Clint then tatted a huge fireman tat over his pec, including his nipple. The guy said it was excruciating but worth it to be rid of the weird tat.

I too am recording and then fast-forwarding through the fights and shit-talking this season. It's making it much more pleasant to watch. That said, I'm still getting too much Booberella. When she complained/whined to the judges that her work was suffering because she was letting the drama interfere, I yelled at the TV that she was the only one creating that drama and then feeding it. I also hate how she stands and positions herself during the flash challenges.

Still not sure who I'm rooting for. 

Did Emily actually say something like "I'm not a bitch, I'm being Intense"?   She needs to quit chugging the drama-ade and take a step back from this character she's been creating on screen.   I simply cannot believe it's all real. 

Oh there's no way it's real.  I mean her SUCKING is real.  But the drama is a sad reality famewhore who probably knows full well she's a shitty artist and tatooer, but also knows she's an effective over-the-top-type actress.  She put it on her audition tape and for the casting agents and bam... we've got a sad piece of shit who gets her wish for maximum screen time.

• Love 3

Man, I was hoping Emily would be going home.

All of these people are so singularly unpleasant though, I question my own taste for continuing to watch.

Team Josh, I guess...

I agree. I don't think anyone on this season is very entertaining or super talented compared to prior seasons & other tattoo shows. No one is even near the level of talent that Scott or Sausage had. If you want to see some really good work check out the show called Epic Ink. They are awesome.

I don't condone violence, but man would I love to smack Emily in the mouth. I can't stand the faces she makes & her over made up face makes her look like a clown. If you have talent you don't have to mistreat others. I know it's for drama but it's so clear how hard she's trying to be the center of attention. It's almost hard to watch because of her.

• Love 2

I agree. I don't think anyone on this season is very entertaining or super talented compared to prior seasons & other tattoo shows. No one is even near the level of talent that Scott or Sausage had. If you want to see some really good work check out the show called Epic Ink. They are awesome.

I don't condone violence, but man would I love to smack Emily in the mouth. I can't stand the faces she makes & her over made up face makes her look like a clown. If you have talent you don't have to mistreat others. I know it's for drama but it's so clear how hard she's trying to be the center of attention. It's almost hard to watch because of her.

If she simply had talent and no mouth, she might not even be cast on this show.  Particularly with female artists, they don't seem to look very hard for talent.

Whereas a big mouth, crying jags, shit talking, meltdowns, etc.?  That's what they clearly care about.  Heck, if she knew full well she was a mediocre artist and had no other way to get on this show... why not?  It's their fault for casting for it, and if it wasn't her it would simply be the second most over-the-top lunatic they had on tap if they hadn't decided on her.

• Love 1

... What I don't understand is why did everyone get so worked up over him talking his client out of getting a tattoo on his ribcage??  Hasn't that been done 1,000 times before by different people on this show?  Why is it NOW all of a sudden a big deal? ...

It's really painful for the tattoed person (as REALLY painful) and not easy at all for the tattoo artist. And it takes more time to draw it.

• Love 1

It's really painful for the tattoed person (as REALLY painful) and not easy at all for the tattoo artist. And it takes more time to draw it.

Yeah exactly; I understand why Josh choose this route what I didn't get is why everyone else got so upset about it.  Enh, I hope these contestants are hamming it up for the cameras and they don't actually behave this way in real life.  Someone would have to pay me to get a tattoo from 90% of these assholes.

Question:  why are the original rivals of the people in the bottom required to go down there with them?  Like when Emily was in the bottom her rival (his name escapes me) was down there too sitting in a chair off to the side.  Why?  I don't see them doing anything except nodding their heads.  The only thing I've seen come from that is the 2 brothers that made up before one got eliminated...idk, just seems kinda pointless.

I think the other contestants get pissed that Josh undermines the core advantage the show gives people.  

The way it seems to work is you try to win the first challenge so you can assign tattoos.  You take the easiest because that will get you through to the next round (they seem to think that's noble), and you give the toughest to your competition to knock them out, or try to anyway.  When they try to screw Josh over he uses his skill to get out of it, meaning they essentially wasted their opportunity.  

That, and I think they're jealous that he has the ability to make things easier for himself.  As much as they bitch about him dodging the challenge and saying he does it because he's weak, or whatever, most of them aim for the easy piece when they have the chance.