Type keyword(s) to search

Whole Home DVRs (Hopper, FiOS Quantum TV etc.)

• Start Topic

Anyone have one of these (or other brands)? Anyone have questions on functionality or issues with a specific model? Here's the place to compare and discuss. 

We have the Hopper at our house mainly because I live in BFE where satellite is the only option and I like Dish's set up better than DirectTv though I think they're probably pretty similar when you get down to it. So, anyone have any Hopper with Sling questions feel free to ask. 

I just wanted to update that the Tivo Roamio and Tivo Mini are working out great. I can watch most things on my iPad and download things to the computer for later viewing if the Tivo starts to get full. The rumor is in June that I will be able to use Plex on the Tivo to stream stuff from my local network where I have a lot of ripped DVDs and other media.

• Love 1

I have no idea if I'm in the right place!  If not, please point me!

I have an antique Dish DVR that is a workhorse.  But!  Is it the networks?  Why do shows not record till shows end?  Specifically, Sundance, AMC, WE, USA, etc...I set to record and get the whole show until last minute or so.  Then cuts. I have to tell every recording to extend another minute plus.  

I'm not a tech idjit, but I'm not sure if networks are at fault or my old ass DVR? I can make DISH give me a new receiver, but mine is in an entertainment center that's bitch to deal with AND I am a DVR Hoarder with lots of saved movies.

Yes, I know I can move stuff to a harddrive, change receivers, etc, but I'm lazy AF.  If I do all that, will DVR still cut off the last quips of Law & Order?