Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Duggar To-Do's

I think Jill thinks it's totally awesome that she's the first sister to get married. I can see her being sweetly passively-aggressively humblebraggy and putting Jana right off. She's a bridezilla insofar as she is loving being the center of attention, she's so excited with her plans. It kind of looks like she's forgotten that other people have feelings or the older sisters exist for any other reason than to serve her through this awesome time. She's always been the good girl but she knows how to work the system (her family) to get whatever she wants. She's totally MEchelle's daughter... which also explains why she's Boob's favourite.

I agree with XrystalPond. These kids don't trust each other. It's one of the ways their parents have kept control over them.

I'd like to cosign, underline and highlight your post. I feel like you've nailed the essence of the dynamics between Jill and her sisters at this point in time. On one hand, I want to give her a pass because they are allowed so few opportunities to be special (as in, the center of attention, or receive recognition for something, some special thing about each individual). They have always been one of the herd of 19 kids. So I understand Jill relishing in being the first Duggar girl to get married and the attention that goes with (and now, the first Duggar daughter to get pregnant). It must be really nice for her to be a standout among the J'kids. BUT. She's fucking annoying and her behavior and attitude must be wearing mighty thin on  the other J'sisters. Jill sure seems like an attention hogger like her mother. Maybe Jessa doesn't give a shit about the attention that Jill keeps stealing from her...some people don't really care about that stuff. But Jill comes off like such an Eager Beaver that I can see where one of the J'sisters probably wants to secretly punch her in the throat about it all.

• Love 5

I wonder if Jill reminded her sisters that she was "engaged to Derick Dillard" as often as she reminds us. Will next season have her constantly telling us "I'm having a baby with my husband, Derick Dillard" on each episode? Ugh.

All that said, nothing on this show bothers me as much as Michelle's high-pitched baby voice and her constant yammering about enjoying these precious moments in this new season ... She may be the most annoying person on TV.

• Love 1

Do you think Jill came back from her honeymoon, gathered Jana, Jessa and Jinger together and whispered "Oh my gosh, sex is so totally awesome?" 

Great question! I have to say I CAN see her doing that. Jill has always struck me as the Alpha Daughter. Even though she's not the oldest, she definitely exhibits a lot of typically-oldest characteristics. And try to get a word in edgewise when Jill's around, BTW.  Being a bit of a show-off and expert on a lot of things she's had minimal experience with, I think being able to describe the great mystery to her still-virgin sisters is an opportunity I don't see Jill being able to resist.  Especially since she hears it from her own parents regularly [yuck]. 

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 1