Type keyword(s) to search

Scheduling & Ratings for The Flash

Just Here
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I thought that they'd keep Batwoman for midseason, but it's not surprising that it's on for Fall. But I am surprised that they didn't pair it with Arrow.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Premiere Dates Schedule

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2 
8:00-10:00pm 2019 IHEARTRADIO MUSIC FESTIVAL, NIGHT ONE

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3 
8:00-10:00pm 2019 IHEARTRADIO MUSIC FESTIVAL, NIGHT TWO

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6 
8:00-9:00pm BATWOMAN (Series Premiere) 
9:00-10:00pm SUPERGIRL (Season Premiere)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 7 
8:00-9:00pm ALL AMERICAN (Season Premiere) 
9:00-10:00pm BATWOMAN (Encore of Series Premiere)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8 
8:00-9:00pm THE FLASH (Season Premiere) 
9:00-10:00pm BATWOMAN (2nd Encore of Series Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9 
8:00-9:00pm RIVERDALE (Season Premiere) 
9:00-10:00pm NANCY DREW (Series Premiere)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10 
8:00-9:00pm SUPERNATURAL (Season Premiere) 
9:00-10:00pm LEGACIES (Season Premiere)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11 
8:00-9:00pm CHARMED (Season Premiere) 
9:00-10:00pm DYNASTY (Season Premiere)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 14 
8:00-9:00pm ALL AMERICAN (Original Episode) 
9:00-10:00pm NANCY DREW (Encore of Series Premiere)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15 
8:00-9:00pm THE FLASH (Original Episode) 
9:00-10:00pm ARROW (Season Premiere)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 21 
8:00-9:00pm ALL AMERICAN (Original Episode) 
9:00-10:00pm BLACK LIGHTNING (Season Premiere)

• Useful 1

With Arrow ending, I wonder what CW will put with The Flash in the Spring? Legends? Or Roswell NM again? Either of those two seem like the most likely candidates to me.

18 hours ago, Trini said:

With Arrow ending, I wonder what CW will put with The Flash in the Spring? Legends? Or Roswell NM again? Either of those two seem like the most likely candidates to me.

Legends will most likely replace something on Monday. They're not moving it back to behind The Flash. So Roswell will most likely get the spot again. I can't see CW being dumb and put incompatible Katy Keene there.

2 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Legends will most likely replace something on Monday. They're not moving it back to behind The Flash. So Roswell will most likely get the spot again. I can't see CW being dumb and put incompatible Katy Keene there.

I actually heard Legends will be airing after Flash. Neither of Monday's shows will likely be done when Legends returns in January. 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:47 PM, Proteus said:

I actually heard Legends will be airing after Flash. Neither of Monday's shows will likely be done when Legends returns in January. 

Since the mid season schedule hasn’t been set, how or where did you hear that? I’m just curious.

13 minutes ago, Kate45 said:

Since the mid season schedule hasn’t been set, how or where did you hear that? I’m just curious.

It's just something I heard from someone. And we already know Legends starts in January.

(edited)

Difficult to believe that the CW would waste The Flash's lead in potential on Legends, an established show with a bare bone audience, but anything is possible. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Proteus said:

It's just something I heard from someone. And we already know Legends starts in January.

Yes, we do know that it’s a mid season show. We don’t know where it will be on the schedule as there are several mid season shows. They had Legends lead a night and it did ok. It had better ratings than Arrow did in Spring. I thought you had a connection or something. 

I actually think a lot depends on Batwoman’s performance and Supergirl as well. It’s pretty clear that the network is banking on Batwoman being the new number 1 show. It that doesn’t happen, I think a number of schedule changes may occur. But, who knows.

(edited)
6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Difficult to believe that the CW would waste The Flash's lead in potential on Legends, an established show with a bare bone audience, but anything is possible. 

Legends doesn't have a bare bone audience and did better than a lot of shows did when is returned in the Spring.

3 hours ago, Kate45 said:

Yes, we do know that it’s a mid season show. We don’t know where it will be on the schedule as there are several mid season shows. They had Legends lead a night and it did ok. It had better ratings than Arrow did in Spring. I thought you had a connection or something. 

I actually think a lot depends on Batwoman’s performance and Supergirl as well. It’s pretty clear that the network is banking on Batwoman being the new number 1 show. It that doesn’t happen, I think a number of schedule changes may occur. But, who knows.

Like I said, I told you what I heard. You can dismiss if you want. But I'm not.

I don't think Batwoman has any effect on what the schedule will be this season.

Edited by Proteus
5 hours ago, Kate45 said:

Actually...........it didn't. Legends actually did worse than Arrow in spring. We only see the rounded ratings, but some of those 0.2s were either very weak or heavily rounded. Legends actually ended up hurting Arrow. In unrounded, they both hit series lows. I think they 0.15+ one time. That's what the Cw gets for shows............that air on Fridays. The only reason Legends looked better was because it had more same day audience

10 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Actually...........it didn't. Legends actually did worse than Arrow in spring. We only see the rounded ratings, but some of those 0.2s were either very weak or heavily rounded. Legends actually ended up hurting Arrow. In unrounded, they both hit series lows. I think they 0.15+ one time. That's what the Cw gets for shows............that air on Fridays. The only reason Legends looked better was because it had more same day audience

Legends got 0.3 six out of eight of its last eight episodes. That's better than what Arrow did.

• Love 1

Crossover 2019 scheduling; The Flash keeps it's timeslot, and concludes the Fall part of the crossover:

This coming season, The CW will present its biggest DC crossover ever with CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS airing across five different episodes of the network's hit superhero series and spanning two quarters (December 2019 and January 2020). The CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS episodic air schedule is as follows (some series airing outside of their regular time period):

SUPERGIRL - Sunday, December 8, 2019 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT)

BATWOMAN - Monday, December 9, 2019 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT)

THE FLASH - Tuesday, December 10, 2019 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT)

ARROW - Tuesday, January 14, 2020 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT)

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW - Tuesday, January 14, 2020 (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT)

• Useful 1

So it looks like the crossover episode will be 6.09, and one week in the Fall will be a re-run.

They didn't move The Flash, but CW is still using Tuesday to finish the crossover. All the other shows most likely have their mid-winter premieres the next week (starting Jan. 19).

The Flash is usually the first episode of the crossover. I wonder why they changed this. The Flash's audience watching the crossover is why the ratings for the other shows increase.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

The Flash is usually the first episode of the crossover. I wonder why they changed this. The Flash's audience watching the crossover is why the ratings for the other shows increase.

The one other time they deviated from The Flash being the first ep was the Crisis on Earth-X  crossover where Supergirl was the first episode.  And it is a shame because that episode seemed more Flash-like than the actual Flash episode that aired.  It centered on Iris and Barry's wedding and the scenes of the aborted wedding came right out of the Flash comic book.  It was actually my favorite ep of that Crossover because we get to see Iris walk up the aisle and the really cool, well choreographed fight scene in the church.  Just the scenes of Wally catching bullets is the coolest... 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Maybe they think because they teased the crossover last year and all the shows preparing for it, the Flash doesn't need to start it off. Last year, surprisingly, the Arrow episode received the highest rating.

The COIE crossover has been getting a lot of buzz anyway, so maybe they figure they don't need to start with The Flash this time. But also ratings matter minimally to CW now more than ever.

On 8/5/2019 at 9:26 AM, BeautifulFlower said:

Maybe they think because they teased the crossover last year and all the shows preparing for it, the Flash doesn't need to start it off. Last year, surprisingly, the Arrow episode received the highest rating.

I hated that they did that to The Flash - it lowered its rating unfairly because its episode happened on Sunday instead of Tuesday.

Arrow didn't really earn that rating, tbh.  That was scheduling chicanery. 

• Love 1
On 8/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, phoenics said:

I hated that they did that to The Flash - it lowered its rating unfairly because its episode happened on Sunday instead of Tuesday.

Arrow didn't really earn that rating, tbh.  That was scheduling chicanery. 

Actually, part 3 which was the Supergirl episode, but aired at the typical Flash time slot had the highest rating. 

https://tvline.com/2018/12/12/arrowverse-crossover-ratings-elseworlds-part-3-supergirl/

On 8/18/2019 at 12:51 PM, Velocity23 said:

I thought the demo was the highest with Arrow. While the audience was the highest with Supergirl. 

Per the TV Line article that I linked: “The Arrowverse’s “Elseworlds” finale on Tuesday night drew 2.17 million total viewers and a 0.8 rating (per finals), marking the largest audience for the three-night crossover event while up a tenth in the demo versus Arrow‘s Part 2.”

Scheduling for the next month:

10/8/19 - 601 -"Into the Void"

10/15 - 602 - "A Flash of the Lightning"

10/22 - 603 - "Dead Man Running"

10/29 - 604 - "There Will Be Blood"

And sometime in November, one week will be a re-run.

Edited by Trini

Season 6 (preliminary) premiere ratings:

https://tvline.com/2019/10/09/the-flash-ratings-season-6-premiere/

The CW’s The Flash opened Season 6 on Tuesday night with 1.63 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, right on par with both Season 5’s average and finale.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-tuesday-oct-8-2019/

“The Flash” premiered in fairly steady fashion Tuesday night.

The CW superhero series kicked off its sixth season with a 0.6 rating in adults 18-49 and 1.63 million viewers, steady with its 2018-19 season averages.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/the-flash-season-6-premiere-ratings-emergences-bless-this-mess-ncis-1202756078/

The CW’s Premiere Week continued Tuesday with the Season 6 premiere of flagship series The Flash, which drew a 0.6 adults 18-49 rating in Live+Same Day and 1.63 million total viewers. That was off by two tenths in the demo from the Season 5 opener last fall but on par with the season average and finale.

This and the crossover are probably going to be the highest rated episodes; and since ratings generally go down, it's probably going to be a season of 0.5s and 0.4s. But so far it's still #1 on CW, although the Batwoman premiere got more viewers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

6.02 ratings:

https://deadline.com/2019/10/arrow-the-cw-this-is-us-the-voice-nbc-tv-ratings-1202761508/comment-page-1

Elsewhere in the Arrowverse, The Flash (0.5, 1.28M) returned for its second week and ticked down.

https://tvline.com/2019/10/16/arrow-ratings-final-season-8-premiere/

The Flash this Tuesday drew 1.28 million total viewers and a 0.5 rating, ticking down from its season opener to mark its smallest audience ever and match its demo low.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:43 PM, Trini said:

Scheduling for the next month:

10/8/19 - 601 -"Into the Void"

10/15 - 602 - "A Flash of the Lightning"

10/22 - 603 - "Dead Man Running"

10/29 - 604 - "There Will Be Blood"

11/5 - 605 - "Kiss Kiss Breach Breach"

And Nov. 12 will be a rerun; so the rest of the schedule for this year:

11/19 - 606

11/26 - 607

12/3 - 608

12/10 - 609 - [crossover] "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Hour 3"

• Useful 2

6.11 ratings;

The Flash (1.14 mil/0.3) dipped to series lows in both measures.

https://tvline.com/2020/02/12/tv-ratings-conners-live-episode/

Over on the CW, “The Flash” slowed down to a season low 0.3 rating and 1.1 million viewers,

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-conners-live-episode-new-hampshire-primary-tv-ratings-1203502008/

--------

BTW, TV Series Finale has a chart for Season 6 ratings, as well as one for the CW for the season.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-flash-season-six-ratings/

Edited by Trini

I truly do not understand why the ratings continue to slip. The episodes have gotten so much better, both 6x10 & 6x11 trended on Twitter something The Flash hasn't done in quite some time. Now is the time for the CW to do more promotion. I would even suggest a photo shoot and have Grant and Candice do some talk shows to talk up the remainder of the season. The arcs are so much better. Wonder if its comic bros who can't get behind Iris having more of a presence I mean she's ONLY the leading lady of the show and her story line is interesting. Well at least they have been picked up for Season 7 and hopefully Twitter posts, good reviews, and folks just using social media to talk the show back up will help. Even if ratings don't matter too much to the CW I would like the numbers to reflect the efforts and talents of this cast. They may well be the best thing happening on that network right now!

1 hour ago, Ann Mack said:

I truly do not understand why the ratings continue to slip. The episodes have gotten so much better, both 6x10 & 6x11 trended on Twitter something The Flash hasn't done in quite some time. Now is the time for the CW to do more promotion. I would even suggest a photo shoot and have Grant and Candice do some talk shows to talk up the remainder of the season. The arcs are so much better. Wonder if its comic bros who can't get behind Iris having more of a presence I mean she's ONLY the leading lady of the show and her story line is interesting. Well at least they have been picked up for Season 7 and hopefully Twitter posts, good reviews, and folks just using social media to talk the show back up will help. Even if ratings don't matter too much to the CW I would like the numbers to reflect the efforts and talents of this cast. They may well be the best thing happening on that network right now!

I think there are two factors, most people (including me) prefer to stream than to watch it live. Because I read some recent articles that Flash is doing really good in that area. 

The other factor is that the writers lost the audience trust. Those who left don't trust or believe the show is getting better because they have been fool more than once with this show. Some  Iris fans are not watching because of the past few seasons and especially 6A. I'm one foot outside the door at this moment because of that lack of trust. 

It is easier for shows to build an audience than it is to bring back the audience.