Type keyword(s) to search

Scheduling & Ratings for The Flash

Just Here
  • Start Topic

Episodes for the rest of the year:

Nov. 13 - 5.05 - "All Doll'd Up"
Nov. 20 - 5.06 - "The Icicle Cometh"
Nov. 27 - 5.07 - "O Come, All Ye Thankful"
Dec. 4  -  5.08  - "What's Past Is Prologue" (100th episode)
Sunday, Dec. 9 - 5.09 - "Elseworlds" (Crossover)

In several of the articles about CW ordering more episodes of its freshman shows, it's mentioned that The Flash is the network's #1 streaming show:

Charmed and Legacies rank as The CW's third and fourth most-streamed series on the site and the network's app, ranking just behind The Flash and Riverdale.

The CW also factors streaming interest on its website and app when making pickup decisions, though those exact numbers are not released. The network did point out, however, that its most popular shows digitally are The Flash and Riverdale followed by Legacies and Charmed.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:27 AM, Trini said:

CW put out its midseason schedule; The Flash returns from the break on January 15th. However, we're losing the marketing parallels with Black Lightning, which will be moving to Mondays, so that the new Roswell series can air in the 9pm slot.

Maybe - but I think this means CW thinks Roswell will be a hit so they want to give it the best lead-in audience - which is The Flash.  Although the audiences are different - a lot more kids watch The Flash - but maybe the parents will stay up to watch Roswell.

5.08 ratings:

The Flash (1.76 mil/0.7) ticked up,

https://tvline.com/2018/12/05/conners-ratings-season-1-episode-7/

Celebrating its 100th episode, the CW’s Scarlet Speedster series was the only show to rise on a Tuesday of lows, declines and same old same old.

Edging toward the annual crossover with Arrow and Supergirl starting Sunday, last night’s clip-finessed “What’s Past Is Prologue” episode was up 17% among adults 18-49 over last week.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/conners-season-low-ratings-flash-rise-ncis-the-voice-cbs-nbc-1202514467/

• Love 1

5.09 ratings:

Meanwhile, the CW began its “Elseworlds” superhero crossover event, as “The Flash” raked in a 0.6 with 1.79 million at 8 p.m. This is on par with how “The Flash” has been performing Tuesday nights all season, but is up noticeably from the 0.4s and 0.3s that “Supergirl” has been averaging in the Sunday time slot this fall.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-sunday-dec-9-2018/

Can I just say how much I HATE that The Flash has to take an L on ratings since they moved it to Sunday for the crossover?  It's like they are trying to tank the show's ratings by saddling us with a Sunday audience, while giving Arrow/Supergirl a false boost.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, phoenics said:

Can I just say how much I HATE that The Flash has to take an L on ratings since they moved it to Sunday for the crossover?  It's like they are trying to tank the show's ratings by saddling us with a Sunday audience, while giving Arrow/Supergirl a false boost.

Yeah, it is annoying. Fortunately or unfortunately, The Flash is the highest rated show in that key demo on the whole of the CW so it is able to withstand these crossovers that carry the other shows even though it doesn't get a ratings bump. It is a credit to the show that its fans followed it to Sunday night, the .7 rating is its average for this season.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
On 1/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, SimoneS said:

The Flash keeps declining in the key demo. I know that it is the second half of the season, but it is disappointing.

It actually adjusted up in the final ratings, though the show doesn’t deserve the uptick IMO. 

• Love 1

Upcoming schedule:

March 5  -  5.15 - "King Shark vs. Gorilla Grodd"
March 12 - 5.16 - "Failure is an Orphan"
March 19 - 5.17 - "Time Bomb"

Based on how CW has scheduled in the Spring before, I think there will be another hiatus for a few weeks after 5.17. Then after that there shouldn't be another break.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 12/11/2018 at 11:19 PM, phoenics said:

Well Supergirl is the truly affected, considering they actually got booted permanently to Sunday, its like they are really trying to kill this show. Supergirl used to be the 2nd rated show after The Flash. Instead of rewards they get punishment.

Edited by WonderArtist
  • Love 1
On 3/13/2019 at 10:52 PM, Trini said:

It's the lowest, but it's always going to be going lower. Plus, ratings typically dip in Spring. The show still has the highest ratings on CW; it's fine.

I know this, but I also know that it is never good when the ratings decline this quickly for a show. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I know this, but I also know that it is never good when the ratings decline this quickly for a show. 

And this decline continues despite pandering to:

• The OTF crowd.
  • Certain people who don't want to actually see an IR couple show romantic affection.
  • Certain fanboys or fangirls  who hate that the show has any hint of romance. 
  • Certain folks who don't want Iris to have any prominence.
  • Love 2

I am not an expert so I can't say how quick this decline is. The season started at 0.8 but they already got a couple 0.6s in s4 and the first 0.5 this week.

Ratings decline for multiple reasons but my petty side is getting a kick out of the fact that their series low followed an episode full of Snowbarrisco moments that had Barry and Iris separated from each other in every sense of the word.

Episode 16 has been a series low in every season so there may be a pattern here. Run, Iris, Run was the only exception, lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starry said:

I am not an expert so I can't say how quick this decline is. The season started at 0.8 but they already got a couple 0.6s in s4 and the first 0.5 this week.

Starting the season at .8 and declining to .5 isn't great, but isn't too bad. I thought it started the season at 1.0.

13 hours ago, SimoneS said:

The audience low was only because The Flash was preempted on the whole East Coast which has three largest tv markets in the country.

Not the whole East Coast. I live on the East Coast and it wasn't preempted for me.

The show ended up with a season average of 0.61 (in the key demo) for Season 5. The downward trend should continue, so I'm guessing next year's average will be 0.4.

---

Also reruns of the show start next week on CW with 5.16, "Failure is an Orphan". (They usually start Season premiere so that's different.)