Type keyword(s) to search

Scheduling & Ratings for The Flash

Just Here
  • Start Topic

Lowest rated episode of the season so far, barring no adjustments at 1.1.

Not an excuse but relative to the rest of the network lineups, it seems all shows have dropped in ratings considerably after DST.

Ratings YTD:
1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, 1.5, 1.5, 1.3, 1.1.

Edited by caracas1914

A scheduling comment. 

I'm spoiler free (mostly) on this show  but spoiled up the ying yang on Arrow.  Over there it's widely known that the network messed up the continuity of the two shows so that now The Flash is one episode behind Arrow (Next week is Flash 1.18 and Arrow 3.19) BUT that per the show runners, 1.18 should be viewed as if it happened before the Arrow episode 3.18.  (Technically before the very end of 3.17 since 3.18 was rewritten to pick up immediately from the last scene in 3.17)

If you don't watch Arrow, it makes no difference but if you watch Arrow, the timing of a few things will feel wildly off.   Maybe everyone already knows this but since I didn't see anything in this thread (and I don't dare enter the Spoiler thread) well, consider this just a public service announcement.   :)

• Love 2

A scheduling comment. 

I'm spoiler free (mostly) on this show  but spoiled up the ying yang on Arrow.  Over there it's widely known that the network messed up the continuity of the two shows so that now The Flash is one episode behind Arrow (Next week is Flash 1.18 and Arrow 3.19) BUT that per the show runners, 1.18 should be viewed as if it happened before the Arrow episode 3.18.  (Technically before the very end of 3.17 since 3.18 was rewritten to pick up immediately from the last scene in 3.17)

If you don't watch Arrow, it makes no difference but if you watch Arrow, the timing of a few things will feel wildly off.   Maybe everyone already knows this but since I didn't see anything in this thread (and I don't dare enter the Spoiler thread) well, consider this just a public service announcement.   :)

Thanks; I only slightly watch Arrow (basically started with the crossover and stuck with it mainly for The Atom) and only participate in 1 or 2 threads over there, so I was unaware of this.  It's also a tad disappointing to me, as there was no sign of Ray shrinking in that last episode and I was hoping the visit to Cisco would introduce that.

• Love 1

It's this kind of scheduling mishap that makes me worried about the Spinoff, and them trying to do multiple crossovers with all three shows.

Thanks for the info!

• Love 1

Thanks; I only slightly watch Arrow (basically started with the crossover and stuck with it mainly for The Atom) and only participate in 1 or 2 threads over there, so I was unaware of this.  It's also a tad disappointing to me, as there was no sign of Ray shrinking in that last episode and I was hoping the visit to Cisco would introduce that.

I figure they are going to save shrinking for the spin off.  

It's this kind of scheduling mishap that makes me worried about the Spinoff, and them trying to do multiple crossovers with all three shows.

Thanks for the info!

No kidding!  The part that bugs me is that they could have done things on Arrow to explain the timeline better but instead they left it to the Producers to explain on Tumblr and Twitter.   They could still do something on Flash to explain where it actually fits but I'm betting they won't do that either.  

Three shows?  Good luck to them (and us!)

Ai this point, I'm just glad that Supergirl won't be in the thick of things, even if she does wind up obliquely in the shared universe. Imagine trying to coordinate 4 shows, on two networks, and including a Kryptonian!

Subject to any adjustments, the Flash's ratings were 1.3 this week.

Ratings YTD:

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, 1.5, 1.5, 1.3, 1.2, 1.3, 1.3.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1
Ratings YTD: 1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, 1.5, 1.5, 1.3, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.3

Thanks, solid performer. Well done to cast and crew.

I hope this means more ad money next season....

Yeah, that's quite impressive (although I'm mostly glad that  episode 5 of iZombie managed to get the same ratings as its series premiere, so thanks, The Flash!)

Yeah its awesome that CW gave this show a top lead in The Flash and gave it a fighting chance.

Edited by Conell

Note that Dancing with the Stars is getting its results show back this week, which will conflict with The Flash at least on the East Coast.  Those whose DVRs record both (and pitch a fit at more than two shows being scheduled simultaneously) may want to double-check to ensure that what they want is what they are going to get.

The Flash tied "Gotham" and "Marvel Agents of Shield" with that 1.5 so that for the first time ever the CW matched both FOX and ABC's comic book based series in weekly ratings.

Ratings YTD:

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, 1.5, 1.5, 1.3, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.3, 1.5.

Edited by caracas1914

Just a heads up - I'm in the Chicago-land area and we got a notice on last week's Flash that this week's Flash will not be airing until Sunday 5/10. I don't know why it's being pre-empted, but it's annoying. 

(edited)

Just a heads up - I'm in the Chicago-land area and we got a notice on last week's Flash that this week's Flash will not be airing until Sunday 5/10. I don't know why it's being pre-empted, but it's annoying. 

Baseball. The CW channel in Chicago is shared with our local channel and Chicago sports games come first.

Edited by Sakura12

I actually think they're lucky to get any baseball games at all on OTA (excepting the occasional Fox game); the Red Sox local broadcasts are 100% on NESN.

This CW release is for last week's episode (April 28th), but it provides another look at some specific demos:

April 29, 2015 (Burbank, CA) – As THE FLASH races to its season finale in only three weeks, last night it had its most watched (3.84 million) and highest rated episode in 10 weeks (2/17/15) in adults 18-34 (1.3/6), adults 18-49 (1.5/5), and in men 18-34 (1.7/8), and drew its highest rating in men 18-49 (1.9/7) since  2/10/15. THE FLASH also matched its second best rating ever among men 18-34.

THE FLASH was the #1 show on broadcast television last night in key male demos (men 12-34 (1.7/8), men 18-34, men 18-49), and in persons 12-34 (1.4/6) and was tied for #1 in its time period (8:00-9:00 pm) in adults 18-34.

In Live + 7 Day delayed viewing this season, THE FLASH is averaging a +58% increase in total viewers over its Live + Same Day average, rising to 6.11 million viewers; a +58% jump in adults 18-34, a +63% gain in men 18-34, a +63% rise in adults 18-49, and a +65% increase in men 18-49.

Based on this and other press releases (such as this one from December) and the one linked by MarkHB, The Flash seems to be a consistent top performer for the CW in the young male demos, even beating out Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on some (if not most) occasions.

So the Flash season finale (5/19) is the week after the CW upfronts presentation (5/14); it's most likely that CW will have a teaser/trailer of the spin-off -- that may or may not spoil the Flash finale (an end tag, I'm guessing).

So no adjustments on The Flash this week, remains at 1.4.

Ratings YTD:

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, 1.5, 1.5, 1.3, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.3, 1.5, 1.4.

Will they adjust after the Chicago airing on Sunday? It was pre-empted there.

It won't adjust the overnights. The DVR viewings will probably make it go up. But the network knows and understand preemption especially in their larger markets, like Chicago. 

(edited)

Episode 22 adjusted up to 1.5.

YTD Ratings Season 1: (Episodes 1 through 22)

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.3, 1.5, 1.5, 1.3, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.3, 1.5, 1.4, 1.5.

Sorry I somehow missed an episode in some earlier posts.

Edited by caracas1914

Note that The Flash is running 3 minutes over tonight. I'm willing to bet that a chunk of that is the LoT preview... DVR accordingly in case you have conflicts.

• Love 2

Episode 23 adjusted up to 1.5.

Complete Ratings Season 1: (Episodes 1 through 23)

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.3, 1.5, 1.5, 1.3, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.3, 1.5, 1.4, 1.5, 1.5.

Season 2 premieres Tuesday, Oct. 6 at 8pm.

-----

So far, the CW has been re-airing the first season in order, but they'll run out of time by the premiere date. I figure they'll probably want to re-air the final two episodes at least. I wonder if they'll double up episodes or just skip them?

Even if they do that (which seems likely), two episodes will still have to be dropped. Unless they also air some on a second night in the week.

It's really hard to pick which episodes to skip; nearly all of them have a key scene of the Harrison Wells/Reverse Flash story arc.