Type keyword(s) to search

Rick And Morty - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think this picture was taken from the episode. I DVR episodes because I fear about overrun from Last Week Tonight, and I usually delete them without a repeat viewing, but I might check in to see that shot of Rick, Birdperson and Swanchy. Or whatever his name is . . . the Snarf expy that engaged in autoerotic asphyxiation. Helluva party.

You ever see Inception? Same basic concept, only with microverses instead of dreams. In the B-plot, Rick's spaceship is as big a dick in protecting Summer as Rick is. Oh, and mother *burp*-ing Stephen Colbert plays a pompous alien. Just all around awesomeness to be had.

Much better than last week. I loved the  micro/mini/teeny-verse stuff and how they seemed oblivious (initially) that their idea had been Rick's. Poor scientist guy, he seemed nice, as well as their white blob universe.

But is it worth 11 9/11s? Did the spiders cause the 9/11s? 

Well its no longer the best since flies are now in it according to Rick. 

The White Blob Guy was on the path to being Rick and committed suicide upon seeing what he would become.. Now Tree People and White Blob Universes are destroyed. 

Morty seems to be growing that the universe is a very fucked up place and what appears evil isn't and what appears good isn't. 

This is the second Turbo Teen reference in Adult Swim programming I have seen. First one was in an episode of Robot Chicken. 

I wondered what trouble Jerry was getting into, but come to find out this was all to keep Jerry out of trouble.

Well Rick would just get another Jerry if his got killed going outside. After all several Jerrys had been left and it is implied they took another Jerry. 

The White Blob Guy was on the path to being Rick and committed suicide upon seeing what he would become.. Now Tree People and White Blob Universes are destroyed.

I thought it was just a reaction to finding out that his respective God and that God's God were both assholes and his whole existence was effectively meaningless.

I did find it funny that the Ship brokered a peace deal just to shut Summer up.

• Love 3

I thought it was just a reaction to finding out that his respective God and that God's God were both assholes and his whole existence was effectively meaningless.

I did find it funny that the Ship brokered a peace deal just to shut Summer up.

Well wouldn't seeing those two reinforce what I said about becoming a giant asshole and that he was on the same exact path as them? 

Inception-y plus a very small side dish of Avatar, since the tree people's planet seemed to have a glowing world-tree and also Rick and Zeep fought in vaguely Avatar-like mechs, complete with weirdly open cockpits.

The transforming Morty! Oh my god. I really thought Rick was just fucking with Morty until the post-credits tag.

Well wouldn't seeing those two reinforce what I said about becoming a giant asshole and that he was on the same exact path as them? 

Let's split the difference and say it was both. He didn't want to be as big an asshole as those two and he didn't want to inflict that kind of existential crisis on a universe he would create just to power their planet once he realised what it felt like.

I do wonder if time is slow in the microverse that Green Rick wouldn't have decades to plot a way to escape from his universe and into Rick's universe for payback.

Let's split the difference and say it was both. He didn't want to be as big an asshole as those two and he didn't want to inflict that kind of existential crisis on a universe he would create just to power their planet once he realised what it felt like.

I do wonder if time is slow in the microverse that Green Rick wouldn't have decades to plot a way to escape from his universe and into Rick's universe for payback.

Agreed lets split the difference.

I think Rick said time flowed faster in the microverse in which the Green Dick was and it moved faster in white blob and faster in tree people world. Green Dick is probably more concerened about his universe being destroyed if the power stops flowing. After all Rick didn't need to create a universe to build an energy source he just wanted to be god. 

Agreed lets split the difference.

I think Rick said time flowed faster in the microverse in which the Green Dick was and it moved faster in white blob and faster in tree people world. Green Dick is probably more concerened about his universe being destroyed if the power stops flowing. After all Rick didn't need to create a universe to build an energy source he just wanted to be god. 

My bad I meant that if Green Universe has time moving faster relative to Rick's universe than a decade could pass in that universe in the time it takes for Rick to have a nap. If White Blob Universe had Morty spend months there and what seemed like a day go by for Summer than it means that Green Guy can spend a year plotting his revenge, maybe using the technology that got him out of White Blob universe to get into Rick's universe.

Or I may be overthinking this plot line.

I'm still waiting to hear more about the evil Morty. I miss him.

I thought they all returned to Jerryboree.

If they managed it. After all Rick said Jerry's don't do to well. Rick doesn't really care about Jerry but if his died well there are plenty of spare Jerrys whose Ricks either left them or the Rick died after dropping off Jerry. 

This week: Rick rediscovers his youth in a younger clone of himself. Beth and Jerry go to another planet for marriage counseling. The latter winds up producing more bloodshed, even though the former involves killing a vampire called Coach Feratu. Say it out loud . . . it's as dumb as the vampire lord in the stinger realizes.

• Love 1

I didn't like this one as much, but I did fid it amusing the premise of the entire ep, Rick making a young clone of himself to help Morty and Summer hunt and kill the vampire at school, all happened off-screen!

"Well, we killed Coach Feratu! That was QUITE an adventure we had!".

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 1

True, I thought I heard the other Jerry's saying none of the ones who left never came back.

Some of the Jerrys had been left because their Rick and mortys never came back. Two of the check boxes on the form Rick signed indicated that. Earth under threat was one at least that showed Rick was keeping Jerry safe. Meaning the Rick and Mortys were killed hence they couldn't get their Jerry back or the Jerry was left forever since he had annoyed Rick too much.

When the Jerry returned and he told the others what it was like they said it was too much of a bother to escape. So odds are a number had done the same and come back. 

While gravity falls has had something to do with Rick and Morty that cameo of the stuff coming out of the portal claim was backed by photo evidence and Dan Harmon working on both scenes. 

Unless someone comes up with something more concrete I will just take this is as an example of wishful thinking. 

Apparently the parasites take over the planet and enslave the native species. So yeah they are bad guys.

Btw the scene about Rick buying the Zelda limited edition 3ds is based on  Justin Roiland hoarding limited edition systems so he can resell some on ebay.

• Love 1

This week: more interdimensional TV fun. Also, Jerry tries to get out of sacrificing his penis to an alien voiced by Werner Herzog. Thank you, AVClub, for cluing me on that. Reminds me of the pilot I saw of The Jim Gaffigan Show, only with aliens. And penis-cutting instead of a vasectomy. Jerry winds up looking like a dork, but it's no worse than usual.

ETA: Who is Jan Michael Vincent? I'm too lazy to look him up.

I thought the episode was pretty poor for this show. I'm fine with a loose, improvisational feel to things, as with, say, the "Two Brothers" bit from Rixty Minutes. But this was an A-Plot entirely full of go-nowhere, bad improv.

I think Jan-Michael Vincent was the star of Airwolf? I don't really know, but I remember a Community commentary track where Dan Harmon and company were joking about how wasted Yvette Nicole Brown got on set, almost like JMV and how shooting had to be arranged around JMV's relatively sober moments. (YNB is not a drunk, of course, it was just a bit they made up in the commentaries.)

Another interdimensional tv episode yeaah. Granted, I don't think it was as good as the first one and the Personal Space Show was just gross. Plus the other plot in this episode was meh in comparison to "Summer doesn't exist in all the other worlds" of the previous one.

As someone that doesn't expect much of a storyline out of Rick and Morty it didn't bother me, it had a bunch of jokes and I liked it :) Would love to see what penis options Beth was deciding over for Jerry.

I swear a certain music video influenced that bit. Robbie Williams - Rock DJ is the one I am referring to. 

Well, both are gross.. I'm glad you don't see much of the skin tearing from Robbie although there is all that muscle flinging.

He's an actor. He was the lead on a show called 'Airwolf' about an high tech attack helicopter during the 80s. He was well known for coming to work loaded more often than not. Bryan Cranston appeared in one episode as a bad guy and one of his jobs on set was to wake him up for the scene.

JMV was big in the 1980's before getting the same limb amputated twice and drug abuse. He was also a huge Disney star but I confuse which ones starred him and which starred Kurt Russell.

I may have read too much alt.tasteless, but I expected Jerry to attempt to insert his penis into the heart cavity by himself, IYKWIMAITYD.

I am disappointed we didn't see Ball Fondlers but was that someone from the gerbils-living-people's-butt behind them in the waiting room?

• Love 1

Wow I didn't realize JMV's health had deteriorated to that point!

but was that someone from the gerbils-living-people's-butt behind them in the waiting room?

Yes, one the gerbils is in the waiting room while they are watching the 'Personal Space Show'.

• Love 1

Wow I didn't realize JMV's health had deteriorated to that point!

Yes, one the gerbils is in the waiting room while they are watching the 'Personal Space Show'.

I could have sworn he had been disfigured at some point but cannot seem to find any photos that look as bad as I remember.

Oh! Did I see Mr. Poopyasshole on one of the TV stations they watched?

They had a commercial about an ice cream place that had the ice cream come out of buttholes. 

Jan Michael Vincent has a fairly long list of films and tv work despite most people not knowing who he is. Looking at his credits I recognized not only Airwolf but Damnation Alley (a scifi post apoc film in which a custom 12 wheeled (using trinary wheel system so each wheel base has three wheels instead of one allowing it to climb boulders, normally only eight wheels touch the ground) armored amphibious personal carrier through the wasteland of the US to a radiation and hazard free zone)

There was also another film or two I have heard about. well I saw some of Alienator. Search b-movie review websites for both films. You may want to watch either or both as a guilty pleasure. 

I could have sworn he had been disfigured at some point but cannot seem to find any photos that look as bad as I remember.

Oh! Did I see Mr. Poopyasshole on one of the TV stations they watched?

I thought the same thing.. as Stealy?