Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lantern7

Rick & Morty & The Media

Oh, so AS are showing some proof that Rick and Morty exists now? I was looking for their site a few days ago and there was nothing.. it was pretty weird. I wondered why there was nothing about the dvd release. Thanks for the videos :)

A largely Community-related interview with Harmon has this bit about how S2 is going:

Dan Harmon: Rick and Morty the second season, it’s coming together really well. It’s animation so even though I’m long done writing it, now I’m first starting to see it come together in real form. I will tell you that the show gets a little more intergalactic in the second season. We were bound in our minds in the first 10 episodes to maintain a template of a sci-fi A story and a domestic B story. But we very quickly found out that that wasn’t really anything that was necessary for the show to be good. So I think we loosened the reigns a little bit on that. More different combinations of the family going off to have sci-fi adventures in different combinations. It’s a little less templated and therefore I think it’s better.
  • Like 1

I hope this doesn't become the family travels together.. someone in the comments of the video mentioned Rick and Morty doesn't trailer well. I'm hoping that is accurate.

Buying in or selling out? Rick and Morty shill for Carl's Jr./Hardee's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zre9FhhxR7k

I just want a third season before 2017. If shilling for Big Burger helps achieve that you'll get no argument from me.

Also, Rick's moral compass has never functioned properly, so he could be a spokesman for genocide and it'd be true to his character.

• Like 1

I actually really liked the commerical.  Probably not a great showcase of the food (they're stealing and all) but quite funny.

• Like 1

So far I've been disappointed to see a lack of love for Rick and Morty in the end of year best show lists. There are several shows on these lists that aren't nearly as good so I wonder if it is because the show is quite low-profile and more of a cult hit type thing.

Edited by Beatriceblake

Heads up: I'm watching @Midnight on Comedy Central right now. Chris Hardwick is wearing a Rick and Morty style holiday sweater. It's pretty neat. He's a fan of the show, and I hope he's not lying about that.

Bad News: We never got to find out what happened with Rick in 2016. Good News: The third season is in development. Same shit, different year . . . and I mean that in the best way possible.

It's official . . . we have a month to go. Well, maybe a month and seven days if CN/AS runs "Rickshank Rickdemption" first.

If Adult Swim makes Ricking Morty a weekly aftertalk show someone should make a thread for it. Or I guess I could. Anyways, here's the aftertalk show for the season 3 premiere, which streamed live on Youtube and Adult Swim's site.

note: if your workplace isn't very chill, either wait till you get home or listen to this with headphones.

Edited by arc

Speaking of Szechuan Sauce, did anyone participate in that fiasco? I had planned on going but then changed my mind after discovering the only place in town offering it was adjacent to FSU's campus, on the day of a football game against UM, and on a day predicted to be affected by whatever was left of hurricane Nate.

18 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Speaking of Szechuan Sauce, did anyone participate in that fiasco? I had planned on going but then changed my mind after discovering the only place in town offering it was adjacent to FSU's campus, on the day of a football game against UM, and on a day predicted to be affected by whatever was left of hurricane Nate.

I looked it up online the day it was announced, and saw there was only one McDs in Los Angeles that was participating. I did not go. I told everyone I knew to avoid that entire neighborhood if possible on Sunday.

1000 people camped out overnight. When the McDs opened, they were told they couldn't serve the sauce until 2PM. So they waited. The line grew. At 2PM the manager said he could now sell, but, he was only given 70 packets. So the other 930 people that camped out, and the hundred more that joined behind them in line for hours after all day, were SOL.

There was nearly a riot. Police had to be called in.

I have no idea how McDonald's could have thought that they were doing this right. Some decisions are so beyond me. Even just looking at the traffic on the webpage listing participating restaurants should have told them that "20 per restaurant, 30 more for big cities" wasn't going to cover it.

Season 4 might come in 2019. We were expecting that, right? Odds are good that Mr. Poopy Butthole will have an old man beard and grandkids by then. The only way I can think of filling the void is with the licensed comics from Oni Press. And maybe that Mulan Szechaun sauce.

From Watch Mojo: Top 10 Times Rick Crossed the Line Criticisms below.

10. Getting Morty to shove big seeds in his rectum: That was bad, especially in the very first episode.

9. Rick's car keeps Summer safe: Should Rick get blamed for that? That falls on the border for me.

8. Selling Weapons to Assassins: Okay, that's cut and dry evil.

7. Toxic Rick turns the world toxic: Also on the border. I mean, it's Rick, but it's mostly the "bad" side of him.

6. Killing Secret Service: Okay, Rick warned them. And you'd think the guys would be briefed on the danger involved, even if the President wanted his head.

5. Blowing Up Zigerions: That's not crossing the line. Assholes spend the entire episode trying to fool Rick (and making Jerry happy for once in his pathetic life). seemingly succeed, then blow themselves up because Rick is an asshole. But they totally had it coming.

4. Morty's Mind Blowers: Indefensible, though I'm thinking Morty's brain is very resilient with the constant tampering.

3. Pickle Rick: It was a dick move to make himself immobile to get out of therapy, but did it cross the line? I don't think it did.

2. Universe in Car Battery: Once again, a grey area. Building a universe to power his car is classic amoral Rick, but I don't think it was evil. He did jerk those people around, though.

1. Destroying the Vindicators: He was drunk. I mean, that's not a "Get Out Of Shit Free" card, but he probably would have blown them off if he wasn't obligated to Morty. Given the dysfunction of the team (especially with Supernova, Thousand Ants and Allan Rails), he just accelerated their demise.

"It's gonna happen, Morty! Rick and Morty for ninety-six years! Seventy episodes of mental abuse!! Am I gonna get that Mulan Szechaun sauce? I better get that fucking Mulan Szechaun sauce, goddammit! RICK AND MORTY FOREVER!!!!!!"

The first new episode will end like that, or with that vibe.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 2

The renewal actually made the early morning report on the news radio station that I listen to. First time I've heard them mention any TV show being renewed.

• Like 2

@festivus, hopefully by now you have heard the good B99 news! :) 

SEVENTY episodes? That almost seems like they're pranking us?

• Like 2

I hadn't until I saw your post. Great news about B99 and Rick & Morty. Now if Gotham can be safe I'll be a happy girl.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the toxic fanbase of this show has really soured my enthusiasm for it. I still like it, but find it hard to share excitement with some of the more obsessed, hateful people you come across.

I hope the show goes out of its way to alienate those fans, because Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland have made no bones about what they think of them.

• Like 1

There always has to be a toxic fanbase for every fandom, that's why I only come to this board. Now I'm curious as to why or what they're toxic about. 

• Like 1