Type keyword(s) to search

Rick And Morty - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought the same thing.. as Stealy?

Yes! I watched the rerun lookinb for him. I thought it was funny that no one thought he looked like him.

How Did I Get Here was my fav. This time, I noticed the host seemed to be watching and listening to Rick and Morty.

This week: Jerry finds levels of butt monkey that man has not yet discovered. Oh, and Rick and Morty land on a planet that hosts a version of The Purge. Rick's into it. Morty balks, but gets into it to the point where he's shooting corpses. Morty has a lot of issues to sort out.

I really enjoyed it.. Rick killing those people with his jet shoes was the gross out moment for me. I thought it was a bit predictable with the girl stealing the ship. It was obviously going to turn out poorly for them.

And the song.. whaat, am I missing something? If AdultSwim hadn't tweeted it I would have assumed it was a made up thing. Here is the full version, linked from AdultSwim:

This guy is probably like "woah my views just spiked on that video!"

And to end, "get a job Jerry!"

As for why the song was chosen, tv/movie productions often have a music archivist would tries to find songs/sounds that fit the mood or theme of the scene and then tries to get usage rights.

I suspect this song was used because they may not have been able to get the rights to Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz. If you watched toonami or other adult swim programming/bumps they often had music playing.   http://www.adultswim.com/music/has a number of albums you can stream for free plus they released a number of albums for sale such as the Metalacopyse ones. Plus setting up tours of bands that played various venues including college campuses. 

Oh lord, you young 'uns who haven't heard of Tony! Toni! Toné! are going to be the death of me.

I do think the show's hitting the "Morty wants to do the right thing and it backfires on him" gong a little too often, but I liked the episode nevertheless.

• Love 1

Oh lord, you young 'uns who haven't heard of Tony! Toni! Toné! are going to be the death of me.

I do think the show's hitting the "Morty wants to do the right thing and it backfires on him" gong a little too often, but I liked the episode nevertheless.

Morty was trying to do the right thing to get pussy from the cat like alien. Also it showed these aliens needed a purge and a ruling class since the peasants obviously couldn't think for themselves and were fountains of repressed rage. 

• Love 1

Sorry! :P Although I'm going to say that it wasn't an Australian thing so I'm off the hook.. (quickly checks Wiki... yes, looks like it was an American/Canadian thing) plus I was only 7 when it was released :P

I also think the 'doing the right thing that goes bad' has been overdone too, A few times with Morty and once with Summer.. hopefully we get a new theme next week.

When was the thing with summer? Oh right Unity. Thought for half a second you were talking about the spiders but then that still wound up good well expect for the bugs in the ice cream. 

Also Morty wasn't trying to do good he was trying to get pussy. So he was actually quite selfish and would be doing something morally wrong if you were using puritan ethics.. 

Edited by nobodyyoucare

plus I was only 7 when it was released :P

So like I said, you young 'uns will be the death of me.

(I was 13 when "Feels Good" was released.)

Edited by arc

When was the thing with summer? Oh right Unity. Thought for half a second you were talking about the spiders but then that still wound up good well expect for the bugs in the ice cream. 

Also Morty wasn't trying to do good he was trying to get pussy. So he was actually quite selfish and would be doing something morally wrong if you were using puritan ethics..

I thought you were thinking of the time Summer helped The Devil form a corporation and getting booted for her trouble.

Was Morty trying to get pussy when he convinced Rick to buy that robot?

Season finale! Rick reluctantly goes to a wedding with the rest of the family . . . in space! Rick manages to let his guard down just long enough for Birdperson's new bride to reveal herself as an undercover agent of the galactic government, of which Rick is wanted. Big-time. In the end, Rick drops a dime on himself and gets hauled off to jail, while Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt" plays. The only way it could be more depressing? If they used the Johnny Cash cover.

Oh, and Mr. Poopy Butthole drops by after the credits to be enthused about the cliffhanger. A year and a half to the third season? Here's hoping we won't have to wait that long.

• Love 2

I thought 'Hurt' was used really well and I was glad it was the NIN version. I don't think the Johnny Cash version would have worked as well in that setting. I just wonder how long until Rick cracks without any booze in his system.

The end was pretty awesome with Mr Poopy Butthole.. he better be wrong, 18 months is far too long to wait to see how Rick gets back to the family!

I would have seen what other things the 'on a cob' planet had before getting off it. Strawberry on the cob sounds pretty neat.

I guess Rick was right about weddings after all.

• Love 1

The end was pretty awesome with Mr Poopy Butthole.. he better be wrong, 18 months is far too long to wait to see how Rick gets back to the family!

I'm not happy about it either, but I'm used to far longer periods of time between Venture Bros. seasons. All AS needs now is another two shows on the same level as those so we can have something guaranteed every year.
  • Love 1

What was wrong with cob-Earth?

Why was the screaming Sun familiar?

Everything was on the cob so eventually they might be on the cob as well. Other then that who knows what Rick realized when scanning the ants.

I don't know who I feel worse for, Rick or everybody on Earth C-137.

So far it looked like Earth was doing all right. No real fear of alien invasions, better medical science after all being shot 37 times and the treatment is like getting a splinter removed. 

• Love 2

The first time I watched this, I wonder why the alien woman at the recption screamed and fainted. Upon 2nd viewing, I now know why.

Yeah hard to make out the first time that she a plant alien was being served a salad in the monkey head. 

• Love 2

So far I've been disappointed to see a lack of love for Rick and Morty in the end of year best show lists. There are several shows on these lists that aren't nearly as good so I wonder if it is because the show is quite low-profile and more of a cult hit type thing.

Edited by Beatriceblake

I'm amazed at how much this episode (and so many others of this show) continues to hit me in the gut on multiple viewings. I know exactly what's going to happen but I still tear up at the end. I want more episodes real soon, but I'd be happy to wait if it means maintaining or surpassing this level of quality.

• Love 1