Type keyword(s) to search

Rick And Morty - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Unfortunately, the toxic fanbase of this show has really soured my enthusiasm for it. I still like it, but find it hard to share excitement with some of the more obsessed, hateful people you come across.

I hope the show goes out of its way to alienate those fans, because Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland have made no bones about what they think of them.

Past experience tells me that they don't need to be toxic about anything in particular. They just are toxic. All that's necessary is for someone to express an opinion that they don't agree with. The G.I.F.T. takes over from there.

I watched this ep on a long flight to a family reunion in IA. Unfortunately, I didn't have earphones but I've seen this one enough times to know the plot and general jokes/dialog. It also allowed me to pause and rewind scenes of interest, like Rick's three greatest events and the mayhem of the Federation HQ being teleported into the jail.

On 15.01.2018 at 8:43 AM, Lantern7 said:

From Watch Mojo: Top 10 Times Rick Crossed the Line Criticisms below.

10. Getting Morty to shove big seeds in his rectum: That was bad, especially in the very first Rick and Morty episode watch here.

9. Rick's car keeps Summer safe: Should Rick get blamed for that? That falls on the border for me.

8. Selling Weapons to Assassins: Okay, that's cut and dry evil.

7. Toxic Rick turns the world toxic: Also on the border. I mean, it's Rick, but it's mostly the "bad" side of him.

6. Killing Secret Service: Okay, Rick warned them. And you'd think the guys would be briefed on the danger involved, even if the President wanted his head.

5. Blowing Up Zigerions: That's not crossing the line. Assholes spend the entire episode trying to fool Rick (and making Jerry happy for once in his pathetic life). seemingly succeed, then blow themselves up because Rick is an asshole. But they totally had it coming.

4. Morty's Mind Blowers: Indefensible, though I'm thinking Morty's brain is very resilient with the constant tampering.

3. Pickle Rick: It was a dick move to make himself immobile to get out of therapy, but did it cross the line? I don't think it did.

2. Universe in Car Battery: Once again, a grey area. Building a universe to power his car is classic amoral Rick, but I don't think it was evil. He did jerk those people around, though.

1. Destroying the Vindicators: He was drunk. I mean, that's not a "Get Out Of Shit Free" card, but he probably would have blown them off if he wasn't obligated to Morty. Given the dysfunction of the team (especially with Supernova, Thousand Ants and Allan Rails), he just accelerated their demise.

I do want that all the mojo vidfeos where transformed into a post lkike this, it saves your time dramatically, thanks!

On 10/7/2019 at 8:03 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

I'll take what I can get, but only 5 episodes?

That means 5 this year so factoring in the christmas break and stuff like that - you get it. The actual season is more than 5 episodes long.

It's back!

Gotta admit, the concept of Death Crystals were pretty cool. They show you how you're gonna die (but with Rick it shows when his enemies are reloading). Killing Rick of course gets the Old Age Jessica timeline. 

I already knew of the Shrimp timeline thanks to Funko, but that they were Nazi Shrimp was genius. And Teddy Bear timeline was also fascist. I missed this show so much.

I loved seeing the Meeseeks again, and the red Kirkland Meeseeks were even better.

Press F for Gearhead. Or at least Fascist Universe's Gearhead.

EDIT: I love that Rick has a Boglin.

Edited by Galileo908

Welcome back!

Great season opener, with Rick dying and getting flung into increasingly bizarre alternate realities, and Morty becoming akin to a god thanks to a future-seeing Death Crystal and his need to die with Jessica at his side. Of course, he automatically assumes they're going to be a couple by that point . . . but finding that out in the stinger [correct term?] was cake. And he decimated an army with the help of Meeseeks boxes!

Lots of sweet variants . . . fascist Rick, fascist shrimp Rick, Teddy Bear Rick, Wasp Rick . . .

1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

I loved seeing the Meeseeks again, and the red Kirkland Meeseeks were even better.

I didn't get that reference. Could someone explain it to me?

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I didn't get that reference. Could someone explain it to me?

Kirkland is Costco's house brand. So these are knockoff Mr Meeseeks that aren't as good, the way a lot of stores' house brand products are often inferior to the name brand stuff.

• Love 2

Strong opener, there were many funny bits that made me smile. But can we talk about something?

Why is Morty still pining after Jessica? At this point, it's repetitive and last season there was an episode when Morty got "healthy" by having his toxic side sucked out of him and through the arc of that episode he realized he and Jessica are not right for each other. So what's up with the backsliding here.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Harvey said:

Strong opener, there were many funny bits that made me smile. But can we talk about something?

Why is Morty still pining after Jessica? At this point, it's repetitive and last season there was an episode when Morty got "healthy" by having his toxic side sucked out of him and through the arc of that episode he realized he and Jessica are not right for each other. So what's up with the backsliding here.

It's not even non toxic Morty. I mean Morty is not a virgin anymore so it seems weird that he's doing the pine for the dream girl thing rather than holding her in some sort of perspective. Even more so when his Jessica was mutated into a crazy bug person. Heck the tiny Rick episode you seemed happy to be with her but he wasn't obsessed about her

And people say that show kind of got more mainstream in a bit Dumber it's bits like this that I think they're pointing to. Well obviously not every tiny little my new detail needs to be the same character continuity is probably the most important we are talking about a show where you check at. You can reset some character development and drama

But if you're feeling like the character isn't making sense you're running on that track to I believe they're called the five deadly words of fiction? I don't care what happens to these characters. No I think it's 8 anyway once that thought or what it represents is in the audience's head you lose them and they might keep going on inertia but it's only the slightest rip up and before you know it they're going to drop you like a bad habit or tear you apart or worse

Toxic employee native fans are all fascists? I kind of had difficulty watching the stream around that point so I stopped watching. Is this episode worth completing? Does it seem like the shows going to go in a real Direction versus another Gerry & The Wolf situation?

I Do by that Beth isn't the Clone now that she's actually put her foot down on her father's Behavior. Rest before she just sort of accepted him as is which seemed completely unrealistic.

• Love 1

"Edge of Tomorty: Rick Die Rickpeat".

Morty goes nuts; Rick does stuff.

I enjoyed this one and will have to watch it again to catch things I missed. Has anyone Zabruder'd the death visions of Rick and Morty? I was expecting Morty's death visions of Jessica and him to not be what it seemed, but damn...

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I enjoyed this one and will have to watch it again to catch things I missed. Has anyone Zabruder'd the death visions of Rick and Morty? I was expecting Morty's death visions of Jessica and him to not be what it seemed, but damn...

On 11/10/2019 at 11:57 PM, Galileo908 said:

It's back!

Gotta admit, the concept of Death Crystals were pretty cool. They show you how you're gonna die (but with Rick it shows when his enemies are reloading). Killing Rick of course gets the Old Age Jessica timeline. 

I already knew of the Shrimp timeline thanks to Funko, but that they were Nazi Shrimp was genius. And Teddy Bear timeline was also fascist. I missed this show so much.

Press F for Gearhead. Or at least Fascist Universe's Gearhead.

EDIT: I love that Rick has a Boglin.

I have to say the phrase “come have dinner with my beautiful family” is really messed up for me now.

Strong start to the season.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:34 AM, Harvey said:

I kind of wonder if this was just a plot thing. Maybe they thought Morty’s obsession makes things like turning down going skinny dipping with Jessica funnier?

Oh yeah, I noticed they're still ending the first ep of each season with Rick ranting in the garage.

20 hours ago, qtpye said:

I kind of wonder if this was just a plot thing. Maybe they thought Morty’s obsession makes things like turning down going skinny dipping with Jessica funnier?

I think Morty's goal of being with Jessica, as revealed by the death-gem ultimately separated him from her.

• Love 1

Oh my god this episode was probably better than the last one.

Yep, total Jerry move to not listen to the "Do Not Develop My App" stamp. Putting ads in it to get everyone to delete it was genius. We'd all kill to be matched with Ted Danson, right?

God, I loved Rick's whole adventure of who pooped in his toilet. The poop that gave that alien the finger was so great. That ending was kinda sad, though. I thought Tony faked his death.

They had me at Priest Witherspoon.

EDIT: So Crocubot was from a whole race of robo-reptiles. Interesting to know.

Edited by Galileo908

Lessons learned: never fuck with Rick's pooping place. Some people will do anything not to be lonely. Jerry is still a moron. And Rick is still a master of the "fuck you," given the work he put in to humiliate his rival, including a crown with "KING OF SHIT" written in laser.

• Love 1

"The Old Man and the Seat".

Rick hunts down someone who's been using his secret pooping spot. Meanwhile, Jerry develops a dating app with Rick's intern which leads to some strange consequences.

Wow, that was sad at the end! 

Loved Rick's crew and that it was ONLY to get into a Heist convention, which was part of a whole other heist. Which was on top of a few other heists. It was about time we saw a Rick Heist. And it was just to make Morty give up his dreams to keep going on adventures. Never change, Rick.

Yeah, the crew assembly is always the best part.

"Your boos mean nothing, I've seen what makes you cheer!" Man, that sums up fandom as a whole, doesn't it?

Loved seeing Mr. Poopybutthole again in the plot. And that was Elon Musk as Elon Tusk.

• Love 1

Does anyone else get tired of Rick's constant arrogance sometimes? He literally has 1 mood.

This episode was boring and I didn't like how convoluted it was. But the last 2 minutes made it worthwhile.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:00 AM, Lantern7 said:

Lots of sweet variants . . . fascist Rick, fascist shrimp Rick, Teddy Bear Rick, Wasp Rick . . .

Could Rick's comment to himself about so many fascist universes be a clue that Evil Morty is up to no good?

For Rick Sanchez, the destination is more important than the journey. Also, the show can get Elon Musk to play himself . . .  only with tusks.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:30 AM, Harvey said:

Does anyone else get tired of Rick's constant arrogance sometimes? He literally has 1 mood.

I disagree about the one mood. Occasonially, he'll show a sliver of humanity (like in the prior episode). But the arrogance is the main selling point. "Look, I could do an intricate (burp!!) heist, or I can use the portal gun a few times to get what I want. George Clooney can lick-lick-lick my sac!"

4 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Could Rick's comment to himself about so many fascist universes be a clue that Evil Morty is up to no good?

Could be. At the time, I thought it was more of a reflection of our world these days.

• Love 1
On 12/3/2019 at 11:38 AM, Ray Adverb said:

I don't understand what Rick was doing when he dragged another Tony in who said his wife was in remission instead of dead.

I'm not sure I can articulate it, but I thought he was trying to assuage her grief or mocking it by showing her Tony isn't iriretrievably dead b/c there are an infinite dimensions in which he's alive. (Isn't that a reason he gives for not giving a shit ob his family?)

Oh yeah, I played a game of R&M D&D last weekend!  

So Jerry has a telepathic cat. Who's an ass. Because cats are asses. I loved it. THAT WAS MATTHEW BRODERICK AS THE CAT?! That was great.

So the dragon collected nerd stuff like Ecto Cooler, so...I loved that dragon. I also liked Magic World, it was refreshing to see a place where Rick finally had no power. I was really digging all the spells, and Summer's archer gear. All that buildup to shoot the dragon in the eye, that was great.

So, they had to kill a wizard by orgy bond with slut dragons to create one giant orgasm dragon. That happened and was amazing.

"Oh my god it's my first gay wedding."
"We followed the smell of sulfur and skankery."
"Or I WILL tweet and you WILL be canceled."

Summer was great here.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Christina said:

I'm having vision problems. Did the words on the portal back to Earth actually say anything? I'm unable to make out any letters.

They were runes.

This was the best episode of the season yet, really good.

I liked the little moment when Summer asks Rick if he is going to slay the dragon and Rick's response it "I always slay it, queen' 😄

• Love 3

How long will Morty need to shower? I’m thinking at least an entire week, as he sobs uncontrollably from the memory of getting dragged pulled into a dragon orgy. Rick? Ten days with the dragon stuff and whatever the hell was up with the cat, but he probably has his own place for shame-showering.

FYI, there’s a comic book miniseries right now mixing R+M with D&D, and it’s the second one. D&D isn’t my thing, but both stories read well. No dragons slutting it up, though, unless I’m really repressing that’s memory.

• Love 1