Type keyword(s) to search

Rick And Morty - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh, so AS are showing some proof that Rick and Morty exists now? I was looking for their site a few days ago and there was nothing.. it was pretty weird. I wondered why there was nothing about the dvd release. Thanks for the videos :)

A largely Community-related interview with Harmon has this bit about how S2 is going:

Dan Harmon: Rick and Morty the second season, it’s coming together really well. It’s animation so even though I’m long done writing it, now I’m first starting to see it come together in real form. I will tell you that the show gets a little more intergalactic in the second season. We were bound in our minds in the first 10 episodes to maintain a template of a sci-fi A story and a domestic B story. But we very quickly found out that that wasn’t really anything that was necessary for the show to be good. So I think we loosened the reigns a little bit on that. More different combinations of the family going off to have sci-fi adventures in different combinations. It’s a little less templated and therefore I think it’s better.
  • Love 1
Having restarted time, Rick, Morty and Summer are in a quantum-uncertain state of existence. An argument leads to the creation of two alternate timelines, which need to be stitched back together fast if they are to escape quantum collapse.

It's back!

Question: Are we ready to live in any world where Jerry isn't a buttmonkey all the time?

Good episode. Nice use of the time-splitting gimmick. One problem . . . I didn't notice Key & Peele were in the episode until the credits rolled. Were they the 4-D testicle monsters?

I'm glad to see that the trailer just wasn't very good and the episode was pretty great.

Although, the credits suggest there'll be more of Rick, Morty and Summer which I'm not sure how I feel about.

At the end I was really hoping Rick would have something to shut up Jerry.

I think Key was, but there was only the one, I think. Not sure who Peele played. Coulda been the hunter, lawyer, or Cold Stone guys, but none of them sounded distinctly like him.

Great new title sequence!

I was mostly charmed by the timeline splitting gimmick.

(edited)

It's back!                It's back!               It's back!              It's back!

It's back!                It's back!               It's back!              It's back!

It's back!                It's back!               My Neck!              It's back!

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think Peele played the other testicle monster in the end tag involving Einstein. Always stick around for the end tag...I learned that the hard way.

Edited by CMH1981

I think Peele played the other testicle monster in the end tag involving Einstein. Always stick around for the end tag...I learned that the hard way.

Same, it was only about half way through the season that I left it running once through the credits and realised stuff happened at the end of the credits!

In brief: Morty rebels against Rick, saving a cloud of sentient gas from an assassin. Lives are lost, and Rick's cynical worldview triumphs over Morty's idealism. Also: Crisis of Infinite Jerrys! Well, not really a "crisis." More of a "sadness," because no Jerry can cope with an unfeeling universe.

Interesting that Dave & Buster's exist in many worlds and/or dimensions, under other names. Apparently, you can play Roy, the hottest life simulation game. Natch, Morty winds up going back to selling carpets after beating cancer.

I mentioned that it sounded like Jemaine from FotC singing in his Bowie voice for Fart.. didn't think I'd be right!

Another good episode overall. I did wonder why Jerry was along for the ride and was sad about it. Until he got put into the Jerryboree.. I wonder how many other Jerry's had tried to escape and failed, and if it was all of them.

Favourite line: I've seen some nerve gas but this gas got nerve!

And also, the return of Ball Fondlers!

And here I was wondering where Rick's game of Roy was going.  He was off the grid, no social security number.  

Probably one of my favorite episodes plus a bit of FoTC shout out which is great.  Plus a sort of council of Jerrys which was fun.  

I wonder how many other Jerry's had tried to escape and failed, and if it was all of them.

Oh i'm sure all of them had left of their own free will and had the same experience as our Jerry and just resigned to go back.  I loved that nurse at the beginning when they dropped him off.  I wondered what trouble Jerry was getting into, but come to find out this was all to keep Jerry out of trouble.

I loved Rick pointing out that Morty interfering w/ the original assassination of Fart caused other innocents to die in the wake.

I came into this show only after I read that everyone should check it out after the cameo for the Simpsons couch gag and I am in love now.  This show is equaling my love of the Venture Bros.  I would love for Adult Swim to pair them up in an hour block.

• Love 1

Rick, Morty, and Summer come across an ex-lover of Rick's who happens to be a hive-mind alien named Unity. Chaos ensues and Rick begins to party. Meanwhile, Gerry and Beth find an underground lair of Rick's and fight over whether or not he should be allowed to stay with them any longer

Wow. Lots of flawed personalities, peppered with the occasional Patton Oswalt voiceover. Only Rick could get a hivemind to date him and fool around. And only Beth and Jerry's marital strife could make an alien flee the Earth through the force of their bickering.

• Love 1

He didn't kill himself. He went to do it and then passed out on the bench before it happened... was my impression of the ending.

I just did a rewatch of that bit and while his head was between the red laser when he fell to the bench he was still breathing. I also assumed he would have turned into a pile of goop had it worked.

• Love 1

Biggest takeaway from this episode: Morty is okay with jerking it anywhere in the house. Anywhere.

Plot was a doozy . ..  parasites invaded the house, posing as distant relatives and friends with absurd backstories. Of course, lampshades are hung about how implausible Rick and Morty are on the surface. Oh, and one of the characters -- "Mr. Poopy Butthole," I believe -- turns out to be real, and winds up getting shot because he couldn't produce a bad flashback sequence.

• Love 1

No! Not Mr Poopy Butthole! He was a long term family friend!

I totally want a Tinkles plushie! 

What was the motive of the parasites? As far as parasites go they seemed kind of decent.

Love the Sleepy Gary and Jerry story line.. when did Gary become the husband and not Jerry? I am assuming whenever he was introduced. The pillow fight?

• Love 2

"What was the motive of the parasites? As far as parasites go they seemed kind of decent."

Between their explosive increase in numbers, their lack of moral boundaries in rewriting memories, and the way they really, really want the blast doors open, I doubt their lifecycle was going anywhere good....

• Love 2

Oh yeah.. that whole 'wanting to escape' thing.

It seemed like, even when threatened, they still couldn't make bad memories so even if you lived in a world infested with them, you'd still probably feel happy even if you never knew what was real any more.. but you would believe everything you felt so it wouldn't matter.

• Love 1

I would think sitting around doing nothing but "remembering when..." would be bad for productivity.

I dunno, you guys. I still think there's something fishy about that Butthole....

Am I mistaken, but did Mr Poopy Butthole initiate the first flashback after Rick killed the first one before the opening credits?

Is it possible that Summer's and Morty's  horrible memory flashback are connected to each other? Her reaction of the idea of him being her room was extreme unless it was connected to her flashback when she caught him jerking off in the kitchen and he inadvertently confessed to doing it in every room in the house. Sure Morty doesn't make the connection in his memory so he thinks she's unreasonable.

• Love 2

This week . . .  Earth gets roped into a universal music competition. Rick and Morty manage to get to the final round, while Beth and Jerry have to deal with their new zealot daughter. Also: Keith David voices the president. That alone demands a sit-down to watch.