Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E20: Erwin Smith: 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls, Part 4

With the Female Titan caught, Erwin and Levi attempt to figure out who she really is. Unfortunately, the Female Titan knows quite a few tricks... Meanwhile, the others have finally have caught on to the plan. There are more people like Eren in the military...

Damn. Things just got real!

Levi and Erwin mentioned something about the trial. Has the military been searching for people like Eren since then?

Edited by PrincessEnnui

Levi and Erwin mentioned something about the trial. Has the military been searching for people like Eren since then?

I can't remember which episode it was, but I'm pretty sure it was stated that it has been suspected that the colossal and armored titans are either humans or controlled by them since Wall Maria fell. Eren's existence only confirmed those suspicions.

• Love 1

OK, thanks! That makes more sense. I am curious about the whole mission now. Was the military expecting the Female Titan or the other two? I don't think the restraints they used on the Female Titan would be enough to slow either the Colossal or Armored Titan.

I get the impression that there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that we aren't privy to yet, and that they were hoping to either catch or kill or just identify the Female Titan. If worst came to worst and no special Titans showed up, that would still have given them a clue as to who wasn't the Female Titan. Plus they would have accomplished the stated mission of blazing a trail to the 57th district.

I wonder if Eren has any special abilities like the Female Titan's partial armor. Since his Titan form only accomplishes his current goal, maybe he can form it with whatever ability is needed for that goal.

• Love 1

It was interesting that the other normal Titans attacked Eren on sight, but they seem to obey the Female Titan. Maybe this means Eren could learn to do that as well?

So normal Titans don't always attack abnormal or special Titans. (I feel the need to distinguish between dumb abnormals, and the smart abnormals who are probably people.)

It's also interesting that all special Titans (except Eren) are of the skinless variety, or at least I remember the Armored as looking different.