Type keyword(s) to search

The Relationships Thread: The Cardiac Wing

• Start Topic

I liked Joe Jr and Tracy. Too bad he had to be teh evul. He actually loved her.

It STILL pisses me off that that relationship was completely sabotaged. God forbid Tracy be with a guy who actually seems to like being around her (oh hi there, Luke!).

• Love 3

I always wanted Sam/Robin to interact more. I thought they were so cute trying to put Alexis/Mac together.

I guess I should just be grateful they never had any real conflict. I'm hoping Ron doesn't ruin it with the Patty nonsense.

• Love 2

You know, I miss Sonny/SK AJ battling. If love truly is hate standing upside down, then what if Sonny's Micheal/Carly/Jason obsession is really a deep one sided crush on AJ? And because AJ never returned his love, he killed him? He's treated AJ like his baby mamas and wives.

• Love 1

You know, I miss Sonny/SK AJ battling. If love truly is hate standing upside down, then what if Sonny's Micheal/Carly/Jason obsession is really a deep one sided crush on AJ? And because AJ never returned his love, he killed him? He's treated AJ like his baby mamas and wives.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, but it's an interesting idea if you're not. On TWOP, the joke was that Sonny and Jason were secretly in love and that was why they both had the Carly thing and the Brenda thing. But the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

• Love 1

That SoapNet promo is amazing. But I was being serious. I've always thought Sonny was/is jealous of the Q's and their family, class, money, education. He's at best a low level thug who never graduated high school. Here's Jason and AJ with the finest educations money can buy and college educated (money can't buy those grades), and Sonny never could finish Bensonhurst High. And the Q's may have fought, but they loved each other. Sonny never had that. Sonny never even had class. So, when Jason fell due to AJ's mistake under pressure (the alleged reason for his alcoholism), Sonny took that chance to take advantage of him and try to ruin the Q's. Carly has similar insecurities, but really Sonny is totally obsessed with AJ in a weird way. He shows his feelings in a weird way.

• Love 1

I guess I should just be grateful they never had any real conflict. I'm hoping Ron doesn't ruin it with the Patty nonsense.

They didn't, but to hear Sam tell Alexis last month, Robin totally was a conflict in her relationship with Jaysus, since he always dropped everything to help her. Like Always. And we all KNOW that the only time Jason thought of Robin after her return in '05, was when he needed her to do something for him. It was the SHE-BEAST that Jason dropped everything for. NOT ROBIN. And no amount of that fucktard and his hack sycophantic writers penning dialogue saying Robin was always coming between them will convince me of that.

• Love 4

I think Jason truly loved Robin, never Carly. Carly was like a giant pain in the ass and he more or less imo felt obligated to Michael. I think there was a Q side to Jason deep inside, which showed despite the shit writing. He always loved Lila, got closer to Monica later on, and didn't mind Danny having the middle name Edward. I think he more or less felt like he was making up for AJ's mistakes, which was wrong. Carly also sort of well yeah forced her way in Jason's life like a tornado.

• Love 3

Jason truly loved Robin, never Carly.

True dat. I believe, from what I saw unfold on my screen, that Robin was the LOVE of Jason's life. Until the she-beast infiltrated and ruined it and FUBARRED it, not to mention Guzasshole, who just had to assassinate Robin's character because Kimberly was leaving.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

Wait. I thought they didn't get together until after Jason's head met that tree. Wasn't that why they called them "the boy with no past and the girl with no future", or am I misremembering that?

Yes, but Jason could still emote then. He was known as "Anger Boy" for his bouts of losing his temper and shouting and throwing things. But those first two years, or was it a year and a half--he wasn't the Gumby-esque, blink-blink, 'roided up robot. That happened after Robin left.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Yes, but Jason could still emote then. He was known as "Anger Boy" for his bouts of losing his temper and shouting and throwing things. But those first two years, or was it a year and a half--he wasn't the Gumby-esque, blink-blink, 'roided up rohmbot. That happened after Robin left.

Ah, okay. I always get confused as to when Jason became a block of wood that blinked and stared more often than he spoke. Also? Leave Serena out of this. Compared to Jason, she was a wide, unsalted slice of ham. :-P

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer

Also? Leave Serena out of this. Compared to Jason, she was a wide, unsalted slice of ham. :-P

Sorry Cobalt! Let me just change that back to robot, heh.

My only excuse is today is the first day back at work and I haven't taken any of my good drugs yet and I'm in massive pain, which tells me I should have stayed home.

• Love 1

I don't even think Jason loved Sam nor her holiness Liz that much. Robin has this special place in his heart.

I've always thought that the reason Jason stuck with Sam was because she accepted his mob life. I've always been under the impression that if he gave up that shit or was never part of it at all, he would have been with Robin.

And I say that even with Robin blabbing about Michael. I knew that Mikey would get hurt one day and Jason would eventually apologize. That's where that story was always going to go if Robin came back. And it did.

Jason started to become the "Borg" in the early '00s.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

If Robin hadn't blabbed about Michael, somebody else would have. That's the sort of secret that can't not come out eventually.

Yeah, exactly. Someone was going to expose the secret at some point.

I just hated how Robin was reamed for it. I liked that Jason apologized, but a part of me was always waiting for him to realize how much Carly (and Sonny) used him.

• Love 3
I just hated how Robin was reamed for it. I liked that Jason apologized, but a part of me was always waiting for him to realize how much Carly (and Sonny) used him.

Same here. But given the rivalry between Carly and Robin, it was inevitable that Robin would be raked over the coals.

I don't think Jason cared that Carly and Sonny used him. Even years later, he never brought it up, even casually.

I don't think Jason cared that Carly and Sonny used him. Even years later, he never brought it up, even casually.

I think that would have opened up a can of worms that Guza had no intention of opening.

If Jason had ever called out Carly or Sonny for using him it would have done a number of things:

1. Made Carly and Sonny out to be villains -- which Guza clearly wasn't going to do.

2. Made Jason look weak in not being able to recognize that he was being used.

3. Made Jason acknowledge that he was very definitely NOT the heroic figure Guza shaped him into if he accused either of the other two of using him - turning him to the dark side, so to speak.

4. If he did call them out and then kept on doing their bidding/always being on their side... it clearly sets him on the wrong side of things as opposed to being like firemen or soldiers the way Guza clearly wanted them portrayed.

I mean, it would be a fascinating story, provided anyone took the time and effort to do it right... because it's true, they used a young man who had a severe brain injury and manipulated him to their own purposes for revenge and personal gain. But to have the show acknowledge that would seriously alter the status quo that the show has been living under for decades. Personally, I think it could use that kind of shake up but I don't see the network having the guts or the interest in pursuing it.

• Love 5

I think that would have opened up a can of worms that Guza had no intention of opening.

If Jason had ever called out Carly or Sonny for using him it would have done a number of things:

1. Made Carly and Sonny out to be villains -- which Guza clearly wasn't going to do.

2. Made Jason look weak in not being able to recognize that he was being used.

3. Made Jason acknowledge that he was very definitely NOT the heroic figure Guza shaped him into if he accused either of the other two of using him - turning him to the dark side, so to speak.

4. If he did call them out and then kept on doing their bidding/always being on their side... it clearly sets him on the wrong side of things as opposed to being like firemen or soldiers the way Guza clearly wanted them portrayed.

Regarding point #1, Guza did vilify Sonny and Carly, especially Sonny, in order to make Jason look good though, more and more in the later years of his run. imo it was a way for Jason to still be in the mob and get to do mob stuff without being the heavy - that was Sonny. Sonny got dirtier and dirtier each year so Jason would be clean. They presented it as Jason just HAD to stay in the mob, because otherwise Sonny would get out of control and the mob wars would become insane and scorch the streets of Port Charles, I tells ya. I think Guza did it that way especially after Jake died because they had to present it as Jason having no choice from leaving the mob, really. Because of course because it's Jason, HE could easily find a way to leave the mob if he wanted to, but oh no he just has to stay so Sonny and the rest of the mafia in town don't get out of control. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

It would be such a disservice if now, after everything, they just put Jase back under Sonny/Carly's control. Sonny has Shawn now. It's the perfect time for Jason's character to expand beyond the mob.

After everything Robin sacrificed, too. It would be such a shame if he just reverted back to the worst version of himself.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

I have always loathed the phrase it wasn't so and so secret to tell uh yes it was.BAck in the day before GH was taken over by idiots lol the person who was telling the lie was considered the wrong one.I will never get how carly somehow became the victim to big bad AJ.

Except the times he was having no names sex with Carly. When Robin was the love of his life.

Jason being a good romantic partner to anyone, at any point does not fly with me. I won't even wish him on my most hated characters, let alone lay claims on him.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1

The good thing about JnR, for me, is that enough time has passed that I can appreciate what they used to be. And I never have to worry about them together romantically again. Praise Jasus!

And it's always nice to remember when Jason had facial expressions and emotions, so it was awesome sauce.

• Love 2

I can't say that this couple would be considered really ships passing in the night, more like they were docked in the same harbor, heh, but even though I've never had use for Dante or Ava, the thought has crossed my mind of late of what might have been if Dante had been the one Ava set her sights on and had seduced.

Getting him away from that human ball and chain named Lulu would have been a good outcome for starters and Ava not ending up with Morgan would have been an absolute plus, and I think it would have been a far more intriguing match up with Dominic and Maura. 

Sonny and Alexis.  I honestly believe this is where TPTB went wrong with Sonny for good.  His problems as a character started w/hate sex w/Carly IMO, but they could've turned it around w/following through on the Sonny/Alexis pairing.  I think it was as simple as he was a better person with her.  Alexis talked Sonny out of killing AJ the night Kristina was conceived.  They had great chemistry/banter and I didn't have a problem with the sex scenes as it seems so many others did. 

It just makes me sad watching Sonny now, because I believe there was a real chance to turn this character around and that chance was thrown away by Guza when he came back in 2002.  Sigh x 90.

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 2

She DOES seem to be one of the few people he's able to act like an adult around.

It's like MB employs restraint when acting w/NLG.  I can't imagine him doing that weird/scream/yell/talking with Alexis that he did w/Morgan during their AJ/Ava confrontation.  Of course, their last scene together is when he fired her for what, fucking Julian?  Just sitting in the apartment that he murdered AJ in complaining about her lack of loyalty and/or taste in men, or whatever.  What a supreme dick.  This killing AJ story has brought him lower than the bottom.  Sonny's in a constant freefall in the fucking netherworld.  Whatevs.

• Love 3

It just makes me sad watching Sonny now, because I believe there was a real chance to turn this character around and that chance was thrown away by Guza when he came back in 2002.  Sigh x 90.

Meanwhile, sleeping with Sonny just made Alexis develop a taste for men who were not just criminals but outright bad guys. After her ripping Sonny and Jason at his sister's Kristina's funeral, it makes a complete hypocrite for falling into bed with Ric, Jerry, Sean and Julian.

• Love 3

Dante/Anna. I really think it could work. They are the best together.

Has your affiliate's feed not been showing those wild sex scenes with Dante/Anna/Nathan in various combinations?

• Love 5

Has your affiliate's feed not been showing those wild sex scenes with Dante/Anna/Nathan in various combinations?

Digging out the rabbit ears....

Carly and AJ had everything to be a smoking hot anchor couple and RC just threw it away to push his version of Franco. I still don't get it.

• Love 6

It's amazing, Ron trashed Amor for Crypt!Sex and Carnaj for Franco.

A writer should kill for the type of chemistry that MW & BC and LW & SK had, respectively, and he pissed it all away.

Yet he has continued to shove Michael & Kiki down our throats for over a year despite CD & KA having no chemistry.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Don't know if this belongs here or in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but...

Jason and Robin or Jason and Brenda - both KMc and VM had the ability to actually pull good performances out of SBu, and there was chemistry in both pairings.  Of the two I preferred the Jason/Robin pairing, because that was back when it actually looked that Jason Morgan could end up being worth more than a warm bucket of spit (I count his rejection of Robin as being the moment when the character went straight to hell and never came out), but Jason and Brenda were entertaining too.

Morgan and Sabrina - Because they would have been amazingly pretty together (see also:  Nathan and Sabrina).  I'm shallow that way.  These possible pairings I actually hold out (very slim) hope for.

BW's A.J. and Courtney - Yes, THAT Courtney.  It was amazing how much more palatable the character and the actress was when paired with Billy Warlock.  There was real chemistry there... then Guza decided to go on another round of "Trash A.J.".  The actress never had any sort of chemistry with any other leading man, and the character became just a rancid bag of Ebola pus.  An incredible lost opportunity.

Michael and Maxie.  Never even a hint on screen, but such a dream of mine.  I'm so tired of legacy characters being tied to a newbie.  And that is happening to Michael and Maxie.  Kiki, Nathan, Rosalie in the wings.  I want something interesting.  Maxie still needs a job, work for Michael at ELQ on the Waterfront Project and fall in love w/all the hijinks, pain, family bull.  C'mon, Michael and Maxie need good stories.  Give it to them. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 1

Ah what a great topic. For as many good couples there may be there are probably a lot more that would have been better.

My all time ship that never was: Lucky/Emily. Seriously I had been waiting for this to happen since they first took off together as kids. I was the same age and I thought for sure they would one day be a couple. I have never been able to get behind Lucky and Liz because of this. I had hoped they may have gone with them when JY was brought on but they decided to pair him back with Liz while recasting brown Zander to white Zander and make him Emily's love interest. Then of course there was the hell that was NEM. Of course by the time they killed off Emily they had basically forgotten that Emily and Lucky were friends.

Two other Lucky pairings that I would have liked have been mentioned are GV's Lucky with Robin and JJ's Lucky with Claire. Unfortunately these could never be because these two ladies were destined to be with guys who wouldn't treat them well. I mean they could have written some interesting grown up love stories with them and Lucky instead they wound up with one guy who would continuously need his ego stroked or he would look at another woman and then they other wound up with a guy who discarded her as soon as an old love came back into his life.  

Another one for me was Stefan and Chloe. I know Chloe was really a drag with Jax and totally should not have been paired with him instead of Alexis. Of course the show kept trying to have Jax and Chloe be some kind of new Lila and Edward which never really made sense since Jax are just alike in that they can be ruthless in business but outside of that they were so different. While Stefan and Chloe worked well at the time better as a possible new Lila and Edward.

Speaking of Jax I agree with the post about Jax and V. Hell we just needed V to remain on the show.

Georgie and Spinelli had potential to be good and I doubt Georgie would have enabled him and his Jason infatuation as much as Maxie did. Maybe it would have made him more of a grownup.

I know this has been about romantic relationship but mentioning Spinelli made me think of a friendship that I wish we would have had explored more. Jax and Spinelli. When Jax was trying to help Spinelli that was fantastic.

I need to chime in for Nadine and Matt. I loved Nadine. She was fun, sweet and just light up the screen. Then she had to get paired with flop Nik. She had a ton of chemistry with Matt and they had that "I hate you but we would have amazing sex" chemistry. What a waste.

Speaking of Jax I agree with the post about Jax and V. Hell we just needed V to remain on the show.

That was me and thank you! V was awesome. I know everyone was all about Jax/Brenda but other than Skye, V would've always put Jax first. She would've been so good for him.

• Love 1

I need to chime in for Nadine and Matt. I loved Nadine. She was fun, sweet and just light up the screen. Then she had to get paired with flop Nik. She had a ton of chemistry with Matt and they had that "I hate you but we would have amazing sex" chemistry. What a waste.

I loved Nadine too. She was amazing. Everyone else was all doom and gloom but she was such a bright spot in the midst of all that. Matt and Nadine had a great, sexy vibe that should have been explored instead of wasting her on Dickolas who has had zero chemistry with anyone they have paired him with. I also liked Nadine with Spinelli since she actually treated him like a real person.

Ric and Claudia is another big wasted opportunity. They had so much chemistry and were so sexy and I hate that they were trashed for Sonny. Ugh, Sonny ruins everything I love about this show.

• Love 3

You must have skipped several years when they were being challenged. It is too long a list to go into but they've had little peace starting with Sam's shooting in 2006.

Every pivotal moments have had Liz in the peripheral or worse, smack duck in the middle of it. You can understand why someone who likes Sam wouldn't want her in any relationship with any version of Jason since Liz is always breathing down his neck.

Take this reintroduction for an example. Every time they've had a scene, guess who is in it? Yeah Liz. I mean, she is right there in their faces all. the. time. It annoys the living hell out of me because Sam could be doing something better, plausible, like having Thanksgiving with her family but she's ending up at freaking Liz where her husband is so they can have their cutesy moment. I don't know if there are Jasam fans still out there but they can't be thrilled about this crap.

I'd say they were relatively peaceful and Liz free from 2009 to when Guza left. Poor Sam just seemed to fetch beer and soda for Jason's guests. I guess Liz was kinda overshadowing them in the sense that Jasam weren't allowed to have a baby because it would make Jason look bad re: Jake, at least imo. But most of 2009-10 Liz barely saw Jason.

• Love 3