Type keyword(s) to search

The Relationships Thread: The Cardiac Wing

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Those scenes absolutely GUTTED me, even as I knew it wasn't Robin because she’d never say that.

But it totally worked as a projection of Robert was feeling, that he had failed his daughter.

• Love 1
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

But it totally worked as a projection of Robert was feeling, that he had failed his daughter.

Oh Absolutely!

I think I even said that's what it was and why he would think/project that.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Posting this here since it's Sean & Tiffany and their 30th wedding anniversary on December 23rd got very little attention in the Ghosts of GH thread, lol. I guess that's what happens when your wedding airs/you post something right before Christmas. Hope the Sean & Tiffany love is still alive out there somewhere! 

Sam and Jason COULD be interesting characters if the writers could write for them as characters with vulnerabilities or flaws. Jason was shot and gone for 5 years? Eh, he's fine. 

(I was thinking, instead of like 15 different character threads maybe we could just make one for whenever we want to talk specifically about one of the characters? I scrolled way down looking for the Sam thread, found it, but then scrolled back because I decided to use this one after all. But there are so many character threads that are barely used, it feels like it would be easier to just have one thread.)

• Love 2

Not sure where to put this but I was in a bit of a youtube hole watching some old videos.  And wow, has Elizabeth had a lot of missed opportunities for pairings over the last few years.   AJ and Matt to name a few.  Even Nikolas and Ric weren't really given a chance (I know Niz is unpopular here but I think they had chemistry when TC came back).  Maybe there are even others I can't think of.  It just really sucks to me that she is stuck with a disgusting man-child when BH has had decent, unexplored chemistry with so many other actors on show and when she always shows up with every one of her screen partners. 

• Love 3

Having been stuck in self-isolation along with the rest of you, I've had the opportunity to relive certain GH storylines, some for the first time. I began watching GH around 2001, so I missed a lot of the golden years. The biggest revelation for me has been Jason and Robin. I was very, very much pulled in by Robin and Patrick in 2005, and stayed watching TFGH for longer than I should have because of them. So, naturally, they'll always have a place in my TV heart.

But Jason and Robin have been a true revelation. Never have I found that bump on a log SBu attractive until living through early Jason and Robin. It's amazing. I'm currently on their Montauk scenes, and it feels so intimate, that I feel like a Peeping Tom watching them. Truly, it was chemistry shows BEG for.

I may even go one further and say that KMc had better chemistry with SBu than with JT, and this is coming from someone who FLOVED Scrubs. I think part of it was the innocence of JnR. By the time Patrick came on the scene, Robin was an older, wiser, more cynical version of herself than she had been with Jason. Perfectly understandable. But the true innocence and discovery of first love (with apologies to Stone) was what gave JnR that additional magic.

Having admitted to finding SBu attractive means I've officially been in self-isolation too long (I mean, he EMOTED! Every time he looked at Robin it was like he was seeing her for the first time). What a treat to relive this, the Asian Quarter, Mr B., and other Scorpio storylines on YouTube.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4

To be fair, for the first year or so after his accident, Jason would occasionally emote (and even laugh). Someone eventually decided it was more interesting to have him turn into a robot, which, wasn't a good decision in the long run.

Here is a scene in 96 where Jason meets up with Sonny after the accident...and Jason actually cracked a joke!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Hiyo said:

To be fair, for the first year or so after his accident, Jason would occasionally emote (and even laugh). Someone eventually decided it was more interesting to have him turn into a robot, which, wasn't a good decision in the long run.

Here is a scene in 96 where Jason meets up with Sonny after the accident...and Jason actually cracked a joke!

Great stuff, thanks for posting. On paper and even in its early execution, the idea of Jason Q becoming Jason Morgan was compelling. It was  good TV that involved so much of the canvas. And then pairing him with a legacy character who was having her own inner turmoil was truly lightning in a bottle. But then, of course, it became the storyline that swallowed Port Charles whole. And in watching these early scenes, it's almost depressing knowing where this storyline ends up. Robin at least ends up happy, but I have no words for what Jason ends up being.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It was also coming full circle in that Robin had a crush on Jason Quartermaine.

This is why I hoped Kristina and Ethan would eventually happen. The chemistry was there, and they laid the groundwork similar to how Jason and Robin began. Alas, throw it in the pile of missed opportunities.

In some alternate universe, Robert and Anna lived through the 90s, and I wonder how they'd have reacted to their daughter dating Jason. The phrase "like a lead balloon" comes to mind.

• Love 2
On 6/20/2020 at 1:56 PM, dubbel zout said:

I think Sonny and Carly's relationship is worse than Jason and Sam's, though I accept that it's a very low bar to clear. Jason, at least, shows some awareness of reality, whereas Sam rarely thinks beyond what she wants. In some ways she's as big of an infant as Sonny in that regard. The whole parole-separation thing is a prime example of that.

Sam is a complete idiot and I don't blame KMo one bit for campaigning to leave Sam with Drew. I thought bad things were coming for Sam when she had to go back to Jason but I didn't know just how bad.

While he's a thug, I think that Sonny comes off better than Carly in their relationship because he's more aware of complexities. For Carly, there is only "People who are mine" and "People I don't care about no matter how many bad things happen to them". She's the perfect mob moll because she never questions their privileged status as well as what Sonny and Jason do.

Monica and Alan had a dysfunctional relationship, but it seemed fairly equally crazy on both sides. With the mob, it's the men who are more reasonable.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

[Sonny is] more aware of complexities

Is he, though? He knows more about the business, but that's only because he's in the middle of it and doesn't want Carly involved.

But when something goes wrong, it's never his fault. If only other people hadn't done that thing that made him react, nothing bad would have happened. It's never his fault.

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

For Carly, there is only "People who are mine" and "People I don't care about no matter how many bad things happen to them".

This describes Sonny as well, IMO. His family are possessions to be used for his gain.

I think Sonny and Carly sort of complement each other in terribleness: what one lacks, the other has.

• Love 4