Type keyword(s) to search

The Relationships Thread: The Cardiac Wing

• Start Topic

By the way, I am beyond bored of Lulu/Dante and Maxie/Nathan being these matching pairs that drama ping pongs between.  First Lulu and Dante had problems and Maxie and Nathan were rock solid.  Now, Lulu and Dante are totally all good, but problems are heading Maxie and Nathan's way.

It irritates me so.

Yes, I agree. I would really like to know if they cut Lulu and Dante's story short or if they always just planned it this way. Matt Cohen said he auditioned with Finola and Emme, so it seems like they might have been setting up something there. Because if they did cut Lulu and Dante's story short, wonder of wonders, Naxie and Lante might have had stories at the same time, gasp.

• Love 1
Won't debate the chemistry (bc we all see things differently), but yes, both are too low-energy and the writing is atrocious. I still think she only has a good acting connection with JVP.

I don't think they're too low-energy, but as written they're both a bit too nice.

• Love 1

I don't think they're too low-energy, but as written they're both a bit too nice.

I dunno, I disagree. Especially when I see the difference in her scenes with JVP. Chad/TeCa just aren't a good combo together.

• Love 1
(edited)

Continuing with the theme of déjà vu., pretty well everything in the main outline of the Lante story is a repeat of past story patterns in which angst is swept under the carpet and the two are restored to their rather ideal happy couple status as if their angst barely happened.

Honestly, for me, while they could have dealt more in-depth with a lot of stuff that happened with them (which pretty much goes for the whole show in general) nothing before with them has ever felt this shoved under the rug for me before. They've at least always talked about it, even the Brenda crush. And Lulu got to ream his out satisfactorily for that. And the betrayal was never so great before. Lulu never got to ream Dante out. She should have gotten that scene after the reveal. Instead it immediately turned into Paranoid Lulu the next time we saw Dante/Lulu/Valerie in the loft.

And look, I was expecting it all to be brushed under the rug. I just wish the dialogue was better. I did like one line yesterday - "A maid to babysit, a whole wing to myself, and . . . my mom down the hall." More wryness is called for, imo.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, ulkis said:

Honestly, for me, while they could have dealt more in-depth with a lot of stuff that happened with them (which pretty much goes for the whole show in general) nothing before with them has ever felt this shoved under the rug for me before. They've at least always talked about it, even the Brenda crush. And Lulu got to ream his out satisfactorily for that. And the betrayal was never so great before. Lulu never got to ream Dante out. She should have gotten that scene after the reveal. Instead it immediately turned into Paranoid Lulu the next time we saw Dante/Lulu/Valerie in the loft.

And look, I was expecting it all to be brushed under the rug. I just wish the dialogue was better. I did like one line yesterday - "A maid to babysit, a whole wing to myself, and . . . my mom down the hall." More wryness is called for, imo.

I agree that this latest story has felt more "shoved under the rug" that any of their previous stories.  And, of all their stories, this was the one which most needed a well-developed conclusion to balance that bad writing throughout the story. 

The way this story has concluded devalues the couple for me - so much so that this rushed ending made it very easy for me to speculate that JG's blind item was about them. 

Regardless, the effect remains cumulative with memories of those past rushed stories.  And there were various rushed or rerouted stories - some because of HW changes, some because they were bad stories, some because the writers didn't take enough interest.  The reasons matter less than the cumulative feel of rather boring, predictable, superficial sameness. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be happy if Lulu were written out, but here I am. JMB is gone, Lulu is a pod, and Dante is a pod AND a cheating asshole. The writers don't seem to have much interest in them as a couple or as individual characters so just let them go before anymore damage can be done. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I made the mistake of watching the scene where Robin breaks down and hyperventilates talking about HIV and the protocol with Jason. Reminded me, once again, how WEAK the romantic pairings on this show are now and how amazing, deep, and thoughtful they used to be.

When Jason tells her that he would do anything for her and to tell him what she needs and she bawls and says she doesn't know and "I used to know everything," I'm like CRYING.

I only cry from delirious laughter these days, siiiigh.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Do a lot of people actually like Franco and Liz. I don't doubt that they have their fans, it seems every coupling, no matter how stupid, have their fans. Part of what has Rebecca Herbst around is an amazing ability to generate romantic chemistry with just about anyone, so I am not surprised that some see chem. It is just, the out cry against them has to be stronger.

27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought they had chem at first but it is gone now. It's anti-chem at this point. Just horrible in every way.

They probably have a decent sized fan base though. BH's fans seem like they'll really support pretty much anything Liz gets.

I am a Liz fan and I absolutely don't support this pairing.

• Love 2

They're writing it all wrong, as usual. They keep trying to have Franco own yet repudiate his past, but he does both in the most whiny way possible. He sounds like a petulant baby: "I know I was a serial killer who enjoyed it, but I had a tumor! It's been removed, but people still think I'm a murderer! It's so unfair!" Gah. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought they had chem at first but it is gone now. It's anti-chem at this point. Just horrible in every way.

They probably have a decent sized fan base though. BH's fans seem like they'll really support pretty much anything Liz gets.

And there's a lot of Howarth fans who are happy with anything he does, especially if they trot out the usual crutches - cute with kids, unlikely friendship with another outsider, etc., etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And there's a lot of Howarth fans who are happy with anything he does, especially if they trot out the usual crutches - cute with kids, unlikely friendship with another outsider, etc., etc.

I'm a Howarth fan and I'm like...why can fucking ME get 5 characters and Roger can't get one more shot?  Damn.  Kill Franco,give Roger time to do shit with that hair please God, and then try again.  Keep all new characters away from Mo.  He sucks the joy from everything.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I forgot there were still RoHo fans lol. But yea you're right.

7 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I am a Liz fan and I absolutely don't support this pairing.

The Liz fans I know love it. I don't know if it's an even divide or if more love or hate it.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Liz fans I know love it. I don't know if it's an even divide or if more love or hate it.

What the heck do they love about it? His borderline stalker behavior, where he corners her in rooms she can't escape from? The second (third?and arguably the worst) murderer she has taken up with? That ugly ass painting? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can also see why Liz fans could like it simply because it means lots of Liz. Franco/RoHo is a pet who gets tons of airtime, so conceivably Liz being in a relationship with him would mean a lot of airtime for her, too. 

Hey.  If he was a pet, he'd clearly get a better character.  At least a better hairstyle.  

Well, and involvement with Franco pisses off Jason which means either impotently enraged Jason (because RH/Franco is an FVPet) or at minimum Jason involved in Liz's life instead of ignoring her

• Love 1
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can also see why Liz fans could like it simply because it means lots of Liz. Franco/RoHo is a pet who gets tons of airtime, so conceivably Liz being in a relationship with him would mean a lot of airtime for her, too. 

Yup.  They - and, honestly, probably RH and the higher-ups at the show too - see pairing her with Roger Howarth, Soap Superstar as a major coup, never mind that it makes no narrative sense for these two characters to date.

12 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Rebecca Herbst can have chem with head of cabbage, which would be tons better than Franco. She had chem with AJ, but fuck it, he was fat. 

And it's crazy to me that some fans who derided Liz getting involved with AJ think Franco, SERIAL KILLER, kidnapper of her child, is a more appropriate option.

*cries*

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

They - and, honestly, probably RH and the higher-ups at the show too - see pairing her with Roger Howarth, Soap Superstar as a major coup, never mind that it makes no narrative sense for these two characters to date.

Exactly.

I'm actually surprised they gave BH to him tbh. They don't care about her/Liz so it's shocking that they'd let her have their fave.

51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And it's crazy to me that some fans who derided Liz getting involved with AJ think Franco, SERIAL KILLER, kidnapper of her child, is a more appropriate option.

How many times do I have to say it: AJ was fat!

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yup.  They - and, honestly, probably RH and the higher-ups at the show too - see pairing her with Roger Howarth, Soap Superstar as a major coup, never mind that it makes no narrative sense for these two characters to date.

*cries*

Unless the TPTB are really stupid (and they just might be), they must know that RoHo as Franco sucks as a character, so ReHe is now tasked with making him happen now. I suspect it is because they are moving their other fave, Nina to Valentin (unless it is like Maxie and JF's Franco).

47 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Because having a TOOMAH removed is much like having a soul implanted, and it does about the same amount of good for your hair.

Lol point taken. I had stop watching Buffy around season 5 but I know & read about them. Gross & if I am correct didn't he came close to raping her?

On 8/3/2016 at 11:25 PM, NiqueAlexis said:

Lol point taken. I had stop watching Buffy around season 5 but I know & read about them. Gross & if I am correct didn't he came close to raping her?

He attempted to rape her near the end of season 6.  

I was actually into them until that episode. 

Since they came up in the Spoiler Thread the other day:

Does anyone have any idea why Jax & Skye have never been reunited as a couple? They were one of the only parts of the McTavish era that people actually seemed to like. Did Guza resent having a couple on the show that he didn't pair up himself? Is the notion of Jax being with a woman that actually wants to be with him--without any attachment to Sonny or Jason--too much for the show to grasp? Should Skye stay away from him anyway after he left her on their wedding night because he found out Brenda was alive?

Any ideas? 

(BTW, I almost posted this in the HIstory Thread; I wasn't sure where it belonged.)

Edited by UYI

IIRC, and I could be totally misremembering this, either Ingo or Robin commented once that Guza didnt want Jax with an older woman.  

Which is crazy because Ingo, Robin, and Laura all look like they would have at least been in high school at the same time, even if not the same age.  

Skye/Jax felt like they got rushed into marriage just for the sake of the Brenda reveal, so I wasn't invested enough in their marriage to be indignant on her behalf

Personally, I thought Jax wasn't good for Skye, because whether or not he was her first choice, she wasn't his. And it tended to feel like he was a generic storybook prince who was going to rescue her, instead of Jasper Jax. The story wasn't about Jax as a character and I like Jax so that bugged me. 

I also thought she was more interesting with both Coleman and Alcazar - more chemistry too

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Tiger said:

IIRC, and I could be totally misremembering this, either Ingo or Robin commented once that Guza didnt want Jax with an older woman.  

I could be misremembering myself, but I thought that rationale was why the show didn't pair Jax and Alexis for real, despite their amazing chemistry. He and Chloe were so boring together. And then Jax left (I think? He saw someone who looked like Then Dead Brenda in Paris or someplace and took off?) and so they moved Chloe over to Stefan - note that no writer ever has a problem pairing a woman with an older man, even though I liked them together.

I missed most of Skye/Jax.

i believe Helena or Stavfroze hired Eva Longoria to make Jax think Brenda was alive, but then Ingo's last scene was him chasing after the real Brenda with VM appearing on screen for seconds.  

I liked Chloe and liked her with both Jax & Stefan.  And she looked younger than Jax and much younger than Stefan.  But neither age gap bothered me, nor did the virtually non-existsnt gaps between Jax & Alexis and Jax & Skye.  

The age gaps that did bother me was Luke & Skye, Luke & Summer, and Sonny & Sam.  In all three cases it looked like some lecterous old man with his daughters or grandaufhters sorority sister.  

By the by, in the 90's I never thought Luke was that much older than Laura, but during Genie's 2013 stint and then when she returned for Luke's exit, Luke looked like her father who had her as a kid late in life. 

• Love 1

Were Luke & Skye ever an "official" couple, one that kissed and *gulp* had love scenes? *retch*

This is all I know about these two:

First slap at the beginning: