Type keyword(s) to search

The Relationships Thread: The Cardiac Wing

• Start Topic

Even before she brained Zandar and left him for dead, I've never thought much about Liz but she didn't leave Carly locked up in the panic room, the useles twit passed out like a light.

At least that's how I remember it.

Me too; Ric had been slipping Liz something to keep her from getting pregnant, and the medication made her pass out.

As for neither paternity reveal not being "Robin's secret to tell", if Carly wasn't a manipulative beast who lied to keep father's from their children, there wouldn't have been a 'secret to tell'. Robin shouldn't be blamed for Carly's behavior. AJ and Nik had the right to their children.

• Love 11

Me too; Ric had been slipping Liz something to keep her from getting pregnant, and the medication made her pass out.

As for neither paternity reveal not being "Robin's secret to tell", if Carly wasn't a manipulative beast who lied to keep father's from their children, there wouldn't have been a 'secret to tell'. Robin shouldn't be blamed for Carly's behavior. AJ and Nik had the right to their children.

Ric was slipping birth control pills into her drinks, because he didn't want her to get pregnant while he was plotting to steal Carly's baby and give it to her.  (This somehow made sense in his mind.)  I can't remember if he was giving her too much, or what, but it the combination of the shock at seeing Carly chained up behind a wall in her living room, along with the birth control pills caused a stroke, which is why she can no longer use hormonal birth control.  

And I agree 100% on the whole "not her secret to tell" thing.  Yes, some secrets that don't involve you are none of your business.  But, when it comes to someone having their child kept from them, that's a whole different area.  There can be mitigating circumstances that would make it shitty to tell the father, like if he was a violent abusive douchebag or something, but that wasn't the case in either story here.  AJ had a right to know about his child, and if Robin didn't tell, who knows when he would have found out, if ever.  And, while exposure to Helena isn't optimal, living with Nik wasn't going to be any more dangerous than living with Carly, what with her continued connections to the mob and vulnerability to the enemies of Sonny and Jason.  Also, Robin had known AJ for a big chunk of her life, and Nik was one of her close friends.  What kind of person would know that their friend had a child they didn't know about and just shrug and say "hey, not my secret to tell" and let them go on without knowing their child?  I could never live with myself if I kept that kind of information from someone I care about.  

• Love 9

Also, Robin had known AJ for a big chunk of her life, and Nik was one of her close friends.  What kind of person would know that their friend had a child they didn't know about and just shrug and say "hey, not my secret to tell" and let them go on without knowing their child?  I could never live with myself if I kept that kind of information from someone I care about.  

I agree re: Nik, but I can see why it looked more than a bit out of spite when she told AJ, considering she kept it for a year and was happy enough playing mom to Michael when Carly was in Ferncliff. However, even if one thinks her motive was purely spite, AJ had a right to know. Nik it would have been especially messed up not to tell; Jason was her boyfriend and asked her to keep the secret. With Spencer I'm pretty sure she just found out on her own and she owed Carly and Jax nothing.

• Love 5

With Spencer I'm pretty sure she just found out on her own and she owed Carly and Jax nothing.

Maxie somehow got her hands on the dna test that proved that Nikolas and not Jax was the father. Instead of having Maxie doing something with that information to Jax, Carly and Nikolas, she ended dropping that information on Robin who ended having to be the heavy and reveal the truth. What is annoying was that it was Jax who was responsible for the paternity lie in the first place (paying off Courtney's doctor to doctor the results) and taking the baby when Courtney. Carly only found out after the fact, but she still was being blamed as the one behind everything.

• Love 1

Reading through this thread, I have a couple of questions about Ric and Panic Room. How long was Carly locked up? And where did everyone think that she was during that time?

It was months of air time, although I don't know how long in Port Charles time she was actually in there.  As I recall, everyone knew she was missing, and Jason strongly suspected Ric had something to do with it, but was never able to prove anything.  After Liz discovered her and stroked out, Lorenzo got in and grabbed her, and he took her with him out on his boat.  Unless I'm combining two entirely different stories, I believe his boat was on the "coast of Bolivia" which is where Jason and SWMNBN eventually found them (which led to SWMNBN's miscarriage after she jumped into the "frigid waters off the coast of Bolivia").  That was what sparked the Lorenzo/Carly attraction, leading to Sonny shooting Carly in the head while she gave birth (and, apparently, leading to Morgan having only a small portion of an actual brain). 

• Love 6

6/4/10 and 6/6/10

Sonny: I've never fought with anyone like I fought with you, been angry at anyone as I was with you, and…. you think I ever abused you?

Carly: You know, you really shouldn't ask questions that you don't want the answers to.

Carly: We are so much alike. I guess that's what attracted us to each other. We're impulsive, you know? We don't realize the damage we've caused till it's already done.

Sonny: You're dodging the question. Do you honestly think that I abused you?

Carly: Kristina asked me that question.

Sonny: What do you mean Kristina? When?

Carly: After your outburst in court.

Sonny: What'd you say?

Carly: I told her the technical truth.

Sonny: I'm afraid to hear what that means.

Carly: I was as honest with Kristina as I felt was appropriate, Sonny. I'm not Kristina's parent. There are questions that only you and Alexis should answer. But I did think she deserved the truth as much as I could give it. So I told her that, you know, our relationship was dysfunctional and volatile, that we genuinely loved each other, but we were toxic together. And that no, you never hit me.

Sonny: Thank God for that.

Carly: I mean, you shot me in the head once, but accidents happen. Can you...can you still hear us? I mean, I can. I can hear the yelling and things breaking. I can hear you calling me a faithless whore. Screaming at the top of your lungs that I'm worthless. I've never seen anyone get as angry as you. And your rage, Sonny, your rage is overwhelming. You zero in on what's weak in someone, and you hammer away. You dismantle it piece by piece. And I look back, and I'm horrified at myself. I'm horrified that I put up with it, that I rationalized it, and I participated in it. But that was my illness. I stayed with you, and I let it happen over and over again. The vicious cycle. And you know what, Sonny? It's called abuse.

Sonny: All right. I can take that. But I want you to hear my side. I have a temper, a bad temper. And you've seen the worst of it. And I have yelled at you. I have screamed at you, called you names. And I'd even take it a step further. I might have grabbed you at some point. But you, by no means, were innocent. You lied to me. You cheated on me. Right? And you even set me up with the feds.

Carly: I don't deny that. I didn't deny it to Kristina.

Sonny: Right. I'm just saying it takes two to tango. We were equals, and you aren't the helpless type. How many times did you deliberately do something, knowing it was going to hurt me and set me off?

Carly: Many.

Sonny: You'd deliberately provoke me, and then, you gave as good as you got.

Carly: Yes, I did.

Sonny: Right. And I never saw you cowering on the floor, sobbing, beaten, 'cause that's what--that's what I see as abuse. That's what... that's what my mother and I went through for years. [sighs]

Carly: You know what, Sonny? You asked me a question, did you abuse me, and I am trying to answer you with my truth and my reality, and you're discounting it because it's something you don't want to believe about yourself. You can abuse someone without lifting a finger. It's not about bruises and scars.

Sonny: You're splitting hairs.

Carly: No. You're in denial. Think about Kristina. She's lied. She's talked back. She's behaved badly. Would you want Kristina to be with someone who treats her the way you treated me?

fastforward 5 years later . . . "but my God, those dimples!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Someone posted a scene of Carly talking about Sonny to someone from a recent episode the other day, and Carly's dialogue epitomized that of someone with Stockholm syndrome, particularly someone who is a "member" of a cult.

And you just know Guza only wrote that stuff to make Sonny look better than Kiefer, because that storyline would have been going on at that time five years ago. 

Also, regarding the whole BUT I NEVER HIT YOU argument Sonny tried presenting to Carly: He might as well have hit Brenda during the wire scene. He certainly got pretty rough with her otherwise. 

Edited by UYI

MB actually said he thought Sonny should hit her at the time and the writers nixed it. Understandably later on he said he was glad the writers didn't listen to him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

You'd think Sonny would have a more nuanced view of abuse, given that Deke locked him in a closet. Abuse isn't just physical, but Sonny doesn't want to accept that he's emotionally/verbally abusive. It's a point of pride for him that he doesn't hit women, but it's just dandy that he calls them whores, sluts, and tramps. Sorry, Sonny, that doesn't make you a good guy. I wish he got called on that in the moment, but he never is.

• Love 6

Oh, he got called on it (6/8/10):

Sonny: Your mother and I were just talking, Dante. Like I said, your sister thinks that I'm this abusive monster. Your mother was just trying to help me out!

Dante: You want help, Sonny? Fine, here it is, real clear for you--you are abusive. It might be a great idea for you to leave Kristina alone, stay out of her life for a while.

Sonny: And Michael's in prison, thanks to you! Okay, so you hate me, we're going to go down that road again? I've done plenty of things that justify it, but I don't hit women!

Dante: There are plenty of other types of abuse! You yell at women, you intimidate them, you humiliate them in public. You want everybody to be afraid of you.

But as usual, he deflects.

Sonny basically went around town begging everyone to tell him he wasn't abusive and not listening when they said yes.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

That was five years ago! But the larger point, as you noted, is that Sonny always deflects. He'll always think he's a good person because he loves his family. That cancels out anything bad.

I know, but he's definitely been told. Hell, Carly pretty much said it in her "well you're violent and vengeful . . . but dimples!" speech a couple of weeks ago.

• Love 1

I came across this video by accident and wanted to share it  because THIS is how L&L's goodbye scene should've looked. Genie's reactions, the flashbacks, even the song (as overdone as it is) all works.  Not that today's General Hospital could afford it but....

I am still am in utter shock that RC allowed Tony's ego to get in the way of a proper L&L goodbye. The viewers deserved it, dammit. Anyway, here it is:

https://youtu.be/mfIDZnvlM9k

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 2

Then, like it or not, Jason did love Liz around the time that Jake was conceived. And if not for that Stupid Little Shit getting shot in the head, he and Liz were going to try and make a go of it.

Did he? I definitely think he loved her the third time he proposed but that was about a year later. Several years before when he and SWSNBN got together he told the Copkilla that he didn't love Liz.  He then went from SWSNBN to Sam with barely any interaction with Liz. When would he have fallen in love with Liz before Jake was conceived?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

I know this is heavily debated and has been said, but consider this comes from someone who is meh, at best, about Jason/Robin, but Jason/Liz just reminds me of a pale imitation of that. Shrug.

Frankly, I think both ladies deserve better than the likes of a hitman, but no accounting for taste. LOL!

• Love 4

I think Guza did most of what he would have done with Liz/Jason with Jason/Copkilla & Jason/Robin - so by the time he got around to Liz/Jason there just wasn't much left to write for the good girl/hitman dynamic when Guza wasn't going to reform Jasus. RC could've done something different with Jake but RC seems to enjoy breaking characters down more than he likes writing relationships 

Edited by Oracle42
but RC seems to enjoy breaking characters down more than he likes writing relationships

I think Ron got off on the idea that he was a "powerful" enough writer to take someone over the brink and then reel them back in and make the audience care.  I mean, he's wrong, but I honestly think that's his thought process.  

• Love 5
I definitely understand why some fans just want their ship to be together and flowers and butterflies. On the other hand, I'm odd and love when my pairings are fighting or not getting along. GH is seriously lacking in delicious conflict and fire and angst. They've become a sitcom where everything is tied in a bow at the end of the hour. All the characters basically have free reign (or rein) to do whatever because there are no consequences.

I like it when my ships are together but I don't necessarily want things to be hearts and butterflies for them. My favorite Lulu/Dante scene is where she's upset about Luke and he's comforting her. I dunno, maybe people would consider that still a hearts and butterfly scene.

• Love 4

Panagiota Petrakos ‏@PamPetrakos  3h3 hours ago
@EmmeRylan was it hard to portray Lulu as the one that takes all the blame for Dante's affair?   #askgh

Emme Rylan ‏@EmmeRylan  3h3 hours ago
@PamPetrakos Yes it was actually a struggle for me sometimes. #askgh

Poor woman must have been like wtf

• Love 7

I like it when my ships are together but I don't necessarily want things to be hearts and butterflies for them. My favorite Lulu/Dante scene is where she's upset about Luke and he's comforting her. I dunno, maybe people would consider that still a hearts and butterfly scene.

Yeah, that is, lol.

I'm more referring to when there's conflict with the couple. I love passionate and angry fights.

• Love 2

Yeah, that is, lol.

I'm more referring to when there's conflict with the couple. I love passionate and angry fights.

I was surprised at people who didn't consider that a "happy" scene of sorts, but then some people just want their ship locked in a room having sex 24/7.

I am ok with fights, but they gotta make sense.

• Love 3

I like all the things soaps can do do well with relationships: friends to lovers, slow build, fighting a common enemy, fighting each other, break-ups, pining, making up, building a life together. But I do need these things to be in character, to have time to play out and to make sense in the context of that relationship

• Love 8

Maxie seems to be starting to dislike Nathan for real though lol. She thought he was the perfect man and now...which is rich coming from Maxie if we remember her past.

I saw the above comment and made me think, if I were writing it, Maxie would realize she was unwittingly trying to copy Lulu and Dante's relationship  - she just came back from her finding herself trip with some con, Nathan was there, perfect in looks and inoffensive in personality, and hey, he's a cop too, so she was drawn to him, but with the collapse of her friends' relationship and Nathan supposedly having some secret past, she realizes she's just not that into him.

• Love 4

He's also too good for her. I mean, honestly. He's not exactly a Mensa candidate but between Levi and her instant reunion with Spinelli because he didn't want to deal with her wishy-washiness, Nathan has put up with some serious shit.

• Love 9

He's also too good for her. I mean, honestly. He's not exactly a Mensa candidate but between Levi and her instant reunion with Spinelli because he didn't want to deal with her wishy-washiness, Nathan has put up with some serious shit.

I don't see why any man would want to be in a long-term relationship with Maxie or want her to be their wife. Then again, I've seen many men marry women like her in real-life, so what do I know.

• Love 4

That's true too. Someone as hot as him wouldn't put up with it lol.

I don't see why any man would want to be in a long-term relationship with Maxie or want her to be their wife. Then again, I've seen many men marry women like her in real-life, so what do I know.

To be fair to Maxie, she doesn't want to be anyone's wife, which I'll be happy with if they bring it up on Monday.. There was a couple on the online OLTL that discussed having an open relationship, maybe Maxie should try that with her next relationship. It might be interesting to see that being given a serious go, since Vima and Rama, the couple on OLTL, got like 5 seconds of screentime.

• Love 4

That's true too. Someone as hot as him wouldn't put up with it lol.

I dunno, he wanted them to move in together 5 minutes after they started dating, he fell in love with a "wife" that wasn't at all interested and now he's proposing marriage to "fix" their problems - something is wrong with that tree Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Maxie seems to be starting to dislike Nathan for real though lol. She thought he was the perfect man and now...which is rich coming from Maxie if we remember her past.

I saw the above comment and made me think, if I were writing it, Maxie would realize she was unwittingly trying to copy Lulu and Dante's relationship - she just came back from her finding herself trip with some con, Nathan was there, perfect in looks and inoffensive in personality, and hey, he's a cop too, so she was drawn to him, but with the collapse of her friends' relationship and Nathan supposedly having some secret past, she realizes she's just not that into him.

I don't think Maxie is starting too dislike him, I think she is angry that he is continuing too lie too her while she has been very open & honest about her past with him the good & the bad which she has perfectly stated. She could careless that he isn't perfect nor does she want him too be. It's the fact that she isn't stupid & knows he still lying too her.

You can't preach honesty too someone & lie too there face for 2 years about something like this. Your in a committed relationship you don't lie about having a former wife & don't expect the chick too flip the fuck out about it. Any women in that situation would. He should have been upfront about it as soon as he got serious with Maxie. Know he continues too pile lie upon lie instead of just being fuckin upfront about whatever it is that he is hiding. It's not going too be Claudette that's going too be his undoing it's going too be the constant lying too her. It's not always the act that is your undoing but the aftermath of the act that generally is.

Yes Nathan has put up with his fair share of B.S. & he rightfully dumped her for it but when it comes too this Claudette B.S. I'm 100% on Maxie side of the equation. Her reaction has been spot on & one of the very few realistic things on this crapfest of a show.

Know the nut is proposing for god knows what reason why still lying too her face. It's a recipe for disaster esp if she does somehow accept his proposal & they get too the alter & it comes out & she slaps the shit out of him. I'm pretty sure this isn't what Nina meant anyways I'm pretty sure she is a lot smarter than that.

Anyways one of the reasons why I loved them is for the fact they were equals meaning he wouldn't put up with her B.S.& she wouldn't put up with his. He loves & adores her despite her colorful past & he isn't giving her the benefit of the doubt or understanding that she would feel the same way about him.

Frankly unless he killed the bitch there is no justifiable reason for him too be lying too her. Hell Maxie tried too kill Logan so she just very well understand depending on the reason.

She has put herself out there with him in a way she never has with any guy especially given her trust & abandonment issues. Nathan should remember that trust is the hardest thing too win & the easiest too lose.

• Love 1

It's weird but he looks shorter next to ER than he does with JMB

hee. Maybe it's because you can see how short ER is so when he's next to her it's like "he's only that much taller than that teeny woman"?

His hair is horrible in that third picture of him and Lulu dancing but his smile is totally adorkable there. 

• Love 1

That Dante would never sleep with his wife's cousin, no matter what.

I don't know, that was in his Dante jonesin' for Brenda phase. He actually felt bad about it though. He would never be all "what, totally your fault that I cheated on you babe" about it.

What can we do to get him back in that hair in the last picture?  

I actually think that's too short :p I like it in the first picture where Lulu is in the silver dress.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2