Type keyword(s) to search

Downton Abbey in the Media

27 minutes ago, chaifan said:

ugh.  Who chose Derek Hough to host the Return to Downton special?  He was god awful.  Stick to dancing Derek.  Stick to dancing. 

Glad I DVR'd it so I coud fast-forward through the unnecessary shots of him dancing and mugging around Highclere. His line-reading is not good.  Too much Derek and not enough Downton.

Edited by lurkerbee
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, lurkerbee said:

Glad I DVR'd it so I coud fast-forward through the unnecessary shots of him dancing and mugging around Highclere. His line-reading is not good.  Too much Derek and not enough Downton.

If you fast forward past all shots of Derek mugging and dancing and speaking, and then also fast forward through the multiple repeat shots - seriously, they showed several filler scenes 2-3 times - I think you could watch the whole special in about 7 1/2 minutes.  (OK, exaggerating a little, but you'll see what I mean.)  For such a meticulously produced show, this was a crap produced special.  A second year film student could do better.

Full disclosure: I'm a little bitter because there were no interviews with Thomas. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I, too, have no idea how they chose Derek to be the host.  His behaviors were so far removed from the wonderfully elegant and sophisicated world of Downton Abbey.  Is NBC trying to make "fleck" happen with him?  There are so many fine actors they could have chosen instead of him.  Or, like the special on PBS, just have one of the DA cast serve as host/hostess.  Yet, I still watched it because, you know, Downton Abbey...

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, buttersister said:

No Peacock here. But I've seen so many marathons, I could probably recite the lines😉 Thanks, lurkerbee. I'm afraid Prime is still PBS.

Don't be jealous.  We've visited Highclere House (where Downton Abbey is filmed).  One of my favorite ever vacation days!!!!

• Love 4