Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

The Bachelorette in the Media

Recommended Posts

Ashley's post uses the same photo but a different caption:

 

 

16 minutes ago, b2H said:

I thought I had heard he was in remission?  Cancer, wasn’t it?

JP was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome but was recovering. I was thinking more in the sense that health problems can be stressful, and even if you recover, it can alter your perspective on life.

But after seeing both their captions, I wonder if their differences might have been political. I won't elaborate but we live in a very polarized time. Of course, it could just be that one of them wants to shill on Instagram more than the other...

Edited by Dejana
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

So sad because they seemed to be a real success story.  I loved how, after they filmed, they would have dinner “together” over Skype every night and just talk and really get to know each other.  

Weren’t they on one of those Marriage Bootcamp shows a while back?   People thought they did it for the money, but maybe they did have things they were working on.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:
1 hour ago, b2H said:

I thought I had heard he was in remission?  Cancer, wasn’t it?

 

I stopped following Ashley on social media when she starting selling that Arbonne stuff but I still follow

I don't do Twitter or Instagram. What is the product you mentioned? I hate that someone like Ashley, who is an educated professional, does the IG shilling. Dentistry doesn't pay enough?

I loved them together, JP even more so than she, but this news really makes me sad. I feel for the kids but I guess they feel the marriage is irreparable.  I wish them both the best and continued good health, especially, for JP.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dejana said:

But after seeing both their captions, I wonder if their differences might have been political. I won't elaborate but we live in a very polarized time. Of course, it could just be that one of them wants to shill on Instagram more than the other...

That was my initial thought when I read JP's post - political and/or religious differences in values/morals. It wasn't mentioned much during their season or after, but Ashley and JP were an interfaith couple. As their children got older they probably had increasing conflicts about the religion in which the kids should be raised.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I don't do Twitter or Instagram. What is the product you mentioned? I hate that someone like Ashley, who is an educated professional, does the IG shilling. Dentistry doesn't pay enough?

Arbonne is a health and beauty supplier company that has a reputation for being a pyramid scheme:

https://travellingjezebel.com/is-arbonne-a-pyramid-scheme/

At first Ashley was doing a few posts on that workout clothes that they all do, Fabletics but once the Arbonne schilling started, I unsubscribed so I'm not sure what she's selling now. 

As for why as a pediatric dentist she does these product selling on her social media, I have no idea.   Supplementing your income is a good idea but I think you have to be careful on just what products to endorse.  Going the Arbonne route was a big mistake, IMHO.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

There is some hint of the problems here in this clip from "Marriage Boot Camp."   He said that she didn't make the relationship a priority.  Ashley told JP that his perspective on life gave her anxiety.  

I would imagine that this problem could have gotten worse with JP's illness. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

So sad! They were interviewed on Brad’s season of the GOAT series just a couple months ago and looked happy.  The ones I was concerned about from their interview were Trista and Ryan. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

There is some hint of the problems here in this clip from "Marriage Boot Camp."   He said that she didn't make the relationship a priority.  Ashley told JP that his perspective on life gave her anxiety.  

I would imagine that this problem could have gotten worse with JP's illness. 

I remember around the time they got married there was some conflict.  She had baby fever but he refused because she was less than a year from completing her dentistry program and he was worried that if she had a baby right away, she wouldn’t finish snd one day look back with regret.  As soon as she finished, she got pregnant with baby #1.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

"different perspectives on life"  could very well be religious differences.  The catholic tradition is that you are always looking to your "reward"  in heaven.  if life isn't going well, you see it as "part of god's plan" and hope that god has other thing in mind for you in the future.  God  will reward you for good acts or for being devout, but the reward comes after death.  Bad acts will be punished,  after death.  The Jewish faith has more of a "here and now"  perspective on actions.  Your life is what it is, you live according to Jewish traditions, and after death you live on through your descendants or people you have interacted with.  It's not that there isn't an after-life, it's just not given the importance that catholics give it.  and there is no 'hell' if you're bad.  (this is a quickie summary of my understanding, I know it's not thorough)

Raising children is particularly difficult for couples of different faiths, and this comes up around the holiday season when catholics place a huge importance on celebrating it as a religious holiday.  You can put up a menorah, sure, but it gets lost in all the santa, reindeer, movies, songs, trees, lights, wreaths, etc.  It's easy to say you're going to combine two different religions, but when it comes down to raising kids, and talking to them about  god, it gets complicated very quickly. 

 

I am not on Instagram, what are the "captions"  where people are seeing a difference?  

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/15/2020 at 12:25 AM, TomGirl said:

Ashley and J.P. - my fave couple!  🙁

This is so shocking and sad.  It's so hard to care about any of the franchise contestants the last several years because the shows have become such a joke.  But these two--their connection was genuine and so joyous!  My money would have been on Sean and Catherine splitting, certainly not Ashley and JP.  I wish them well.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Sad about JP & Ashley, but we can gather a lot, just from what they said on that Marriage Boot Camp clip.

JP feels that Ashley isn't "all there" for him, as she's so focused on career and other things, that he doesn't feel she gives enough energy to their family.

Ashley feels that JP has too pessimistic an outlook on life.

Chicken, egg.  Maybe Ashley doesn't want to spend so much time with a pessimistic person, or maybe JP became pessimistic because Ashley hasn't focused on him enough.  

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/15/2020 at 12:30 AM, chocolatine said:

That was my initial thought when I read JP's post - political and/or religious differences in values/morals. It wasn't mentioned much during their season or after, but Ashley and JP were an interfaith couple. As their children got older they probably had increasing conflicts about the religion in which the kids should be raised.

Now thinking about it - JP is Jewish - might've wanted the kids raised in the faith?  Not sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's hard to know what is real on those Boot Camp shows vs exaggerated for TV. Sean Lowe said he and Catherine just did it for the money.  Obviously since Ashley and JP are splitting up, they had issues.

 

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think all of them went on Marriage Boot Camp to earn some quick cash. Didn't Desiree and Chris went on too? I wonder what were their "issues".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was really sad to hear that Ashley and JP are splitting up. They’re my favorite franchise couple. We did wonder after the clip of them during the Brad rewatch—they both seemed visibly tired. We had hoped we were wrong and that it was just the stress of the pandemic taking a toll. A lot of people go on Marriage Boot Camp for the paycheck. I’m sure a lot of the issues they bring up are real, if exaggerated at times. But if JP really was the main caregiver/primary parent, I bet his illness really shifted a lot of dynamics for their family. Having a spouse with a serious illness is a major stressor. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

First Bachelor Nation divorce. 

I was betting on Carly & Evan, even though neither were leads.  I figured Carly would do the eye-roll and spit one too many times and Evan would leave her with their 2 kids AND his 3 kids!  *LOL*

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/16/2020 at 10:30 AM, tinkerbell said:

Raising children is particularly difficult for couples of different faiths, and this comes up around the holiday season when catholics place a huge importance on celebrating it as a religious holiday.  You can put up a menorah, sure, but it gets lost in all the santa, reindeer, movies, songs, trees, lights, wreaths, etc. 

Santa and reindeer?  I guess I didn't pay close enough attention during catechism classes.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Jimmy Fallon roasted Clare during his monologue after this week's episode. REALLY made fun of her, including doing a hair-tossing imitation of her, when she sat down with the guys and none of them stepped up to talk with HER. Also showed the nude dodge-ball scene. I'm guessing Kimmel had plenty to say about last episode too. I need to look for his monologue online. Since he's ABC, he's obligated to talk about Bachelor/ette after every episode.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

screenshot_127.png.23928e46cdeedbc6633a5ebd9be413b7.png

I mean, yeah, Superman, Gladiator sure but I think I'd have pulled the plug on the festivities once the taco suit came out AND they wanted me to be playing maracas.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

screenshot_127.png.23928e46cdeedbc6633a5ebd9be413b7.png

I mean, yeah, Superman, Gladiator sure but I think I'd have pulled the plug on the festivities once the taco suit came out AND they wanted me to be playing maracas.

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of the woman who looks at that picture and thinks "this is my future husband" but I just can't relate.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of the woman who looks at that picture and thinks "this is my future husband" but I just can't relate.

Lol, good looking man dressed like a taco, I’m there for it. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Lol, good looking man dressed like a taco, I’m there for it. 

You and I would be perfect mutual wing-women since we don't share the same taste in men.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

You and I would be perfect mutual wing-women since we don't share the same taste in men.

So if the two of you were together in a bar and there were two guys there and one was dressed as a taco, you'd be golden!

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Ashley and JP regularly post about their time with the kids now on Instagram, and it is kind of sad-- I don't think they mean it this way, but it feels strange to see daily posts about the time with the kids, knowing that they are living apart.  It does actually make more sense now knowing they were separated for a while, as they would each have similar posts about the kids doing the same things.  Now I get it...they weren't living together....

Edited by alexa
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/25/2020 at 5:56 PM, chocolatine said:

You and I would be perfect mutual wing-women since we don't share the same taste in men.

Eh, he’s not my taste, but I appreciate beauty when I see it. And I think he’s about as interested in Clare’s histrionic ass as OBJ was in Lena Dunham’s dumpy one. Guy looking like that, ex football player, has years of playing around left. He gets hit up every day I’m sure. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe we can start a pool for whether those two are still together by the ATFR?

My guess is they announce their breakup after the season is completely done.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, phlebas said:

Maybe we can start a pool for whether those two are still together by the ATFR?

My guess is they announce their breakup after the season is completely done.

Aren’t they contractually obligated to pretend to be in a relationship for a certain amount of time? Plus, I’m sure Clare will base her decision to break up on how much press she gets. She’s probably thinking she can go on every talk show with Dale as a couple, then go on AGAIN after they break up as some strange “empowered victim” motif she has going for herself. If they break up right away that decreases her time in the spotlight. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Aren’t they contractually obligated to pretend to be in a relationship for a certain amount of time? Plus, I’m sure Clare will base her decision to break up on how much press she gets. She’s probably thinking she can go on every talk show with Dale as a couple, then go on AGAIN after they break up as some strange “empowered victim” motif she has going for herself. If they break up right away that decreases her time in the spotlight. 

I don't know about the contracts.  I thought if they broke up within two years of the end of filming, they had to give the Neil Lane ring back, but I don't know of any obligations to pretend to be together.  Certainly previous couples have broken up very quickly.

I might be gullible, but I do take Clare at her implication she wants a husband.  The army of 23 year olds trooping through might be willing to role-play for awhile, but Clare turns 40 in March. Not that that matters in any real way, but these aren't adults -- they're reality show contestants. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I don't know about the contracts.  I thought if they broke up within two years of the end of filming, they had to give the Neil Lane ring back, but I don't know of any obligations to pretend to be together.  Certainly previous couples have broken up very quickly.

I might be gullible, but I do take Clare at her implication she wants a husband.  The army of 23 year olds trooping through might be willing to role-play for awhile, but Clare turns 40 in March. Not that that matters in any real way, but these aren't adults -- they're reality show contestants. 

I was being a little tongue-in-cheek when I mentioned contracts, but you’re right there have been some quick breakups. Though I think in a lot of cases that’s still been manufactured for “Drama”. I don’t really trust anything on these shows. 
 

Clare is nearing 40, and if she was serious about getting married she’d probably look for guys not on a reality show. I’m sure she’s been approached by a ton of guys since her first season of these shows. She wants fame. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Stan39 said:

Clare is nearing 40, and if she was serious about getting married she’d probably look for guys not on a reality show. I’m sure she’s been approached by a ton of guys since her first season of these shows. She wants fame. 

It would be interesting to know her in person just to get a sense of her motivations.  I'm new to the franchise, so my first exposure to her was on Winter Games and I thought she was crazy.  

I have no doubt she gets a lot of attention day-to-day in her real life. But as one of my favorite Demotivator posters says, "The one constant in all your failed relationships is you."

In any case, if she wants fame, running off with Dale less than two weeks into filming seems like bad tactics.

(The question of how much fame you can get on a reality show is a larger question.  How many people outside Bachelor Nation know who, say, Becca or Sean Lowe is? Or Boston Rob or Dr Will or any of the icons from specific shows?  Which leads to another question -- how many people have leveraged their time on a reality shows for genuine fame? DIDN'T WORK FOR JED YET I SEE))

Sorry... babbling now 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, phlebas said:

(The question of how much fame you can get on a reality show is a larger question.  How many people outside Bachelor Nation know who, say, Becca or Sean Lowe is? Or Boston Rob or Dr Will or any of the icons from specific shows?  Which leads to another question -- how many people have leveraged their time on a reality shows for genuine fame? DIDN'T WORK FOR JED YET I SEE))

Bachelor Contestants:  "There is a world outside of Bachelor Nation???!!!"

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, phlebas said:

I don't know about the contracts.  I thought if they broke up within two years of the end of filming, they had to give the Neil Lane ring back, but I don't know of any obligations to pretend to be together.  Certainly previous couples have broken up very quickly.

I think the ring is a moot point in this case since Clare and Dale weren't there long enough for Neil Lane to have made his appearance.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I think the ring is a moot point in this case since Clare and Dale weren't there long enough for Neil Lane to have made his appearance.

Oh for sure.  They probably stole a few towels and that's it

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, phlebas said:

Which leads to another question -- how many people have leveraged their time on a reality shows for genuine fame?

Off the top of my head -- Dr. Travis Stork from the Bachelor.  He is/was one of 4 doctors on a weekday program called "The Doctors".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, phlebas said:

I don't know about the contracts.  I thought if they broke up within two years of the end of filming, they had to give the Neil Lane ring back, but I don't know of any obligations to pretend to be together.  Certainly previous couples have broken up very quickly.

I might be gullible, but I do take Clare at her implication she wants a husband.  The army of 23 year olds trooping through might be willing to role-play for awhile, but Clare turns 40 in March. Not that that matters in any real way, but these aren't adults -- they're reality show contestants. 

Well, yes it does. Probably most of those 20 somethings want kids in the future. Clare today would be considered a geriatric pregnancy. It’s just biology. Add to the fact that she’s mentally 14. It’s just confusing for some young dude. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Well, yes it does. Probably most of those 20 somethings want kids in the future. Clare today would be considered a geriatric pregnancy. It’s just biology. Add to the fact that she’s mentally 14. It’s just confusing for some young dude. 

Fair enough 🙂 You can't argue with biology.  I just meant if any of these guys are interested in her as a 39-year-old, that shouldn't change in 5 months when the big 4-0 arrives.

Has Clare said anything about wanting children? 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Off the top of my head -- Dr. Travis Stork from the Bachelor.  He is/was one of 4 doctors on a weekday program called "The Doctors".

After thinking about it, there was Elizabeth Hasselbeck, former Fox News Blonde, who was on Survivor in the early days when she was Elizabeth Filarski.  I don't know how much leverage Survivor gave her to get into broadcasting.

Survivor also gave us Brendan Synott, a co-founder of Bear Naked granola. He was on Survivor Tocantins but got dragonslayed. AGain, don't know if Survivor played into that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

TMZ posted Dale-the-model photos on its website Saturday, calling Dale "Clare's Superman." Jimmy Kimmel's people found the photos, and they were part of Kimmel's monologue Tuesday night. So the guy is a real legit working model. The proof is in the taco suit.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, phlebas said:

After thinking about it, there was Elizabeth Hasselbeck, former Fox News Blonde, who was on Survivor in the early days when she was Elizabeth Filarski.  I don't know how much leverage Survivor gave her to get into broadcasting.

Survivor definitely played a part in Elizabeth's fame. Within a reasonable time after her gig on Survivor, she auditioned for her role on The View as one of the panelists...where she remained for quite some time. I recall Barbara Walters and the other ladies "voting" her in on parchment paper in the same way that survivors voted people off at tribal council.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

TMZ posted Dale-the-model photos on its website Saturday, calling Dale "Clare's Superman." Jimmy Kimmel's people found the photos, and they were part of Kimmel's monologue Tuesday night. So the guy is a real legit working model. The proof is in the taco suit.

Of course, that gig is "exclusive."   He's in Party City ads.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size