Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, toomuchtv47 said:

Tyler Car Crash

Just saw this. Tyler was in a car accident where he was found at fault.  Check out the cop's body cam footage.

This was featured on TMZ and one of the women "reporters" was an embarrassment.  GUSH-GUSH-GUSH!  Egad, has she never seen a male torso?

26 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

This was featured on TMZ and one of the women "reporters" was an embarrassment.  GUSH-GUSH-GUSH!  Egad, has she never seen a male torso?

Not all male torsos are created equal

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

It's quite possible that reporter is also a poster here. Not that any of us have noticed Tyler this season.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The second thing I noticed was that Tyler was wearing normal pants! Slim, but not tight,  khakis that "broke" over the shoe, per proper length standards. Finally, without the distraction of the lady's pedal pushers and flats combo,  I'm falling in line behind the rest of you.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Maybe he has some kind of ankles or chest rule. If his chest is covered, like at rose ceremonies, then his ankle have to be out in the open. If the ankles are covered by big boy pants, then the shirt has to be open. I think it is some kind of exposed skin ratio thing and if he doesn't show a certain percentage of skin at any given time he might die! For his own safety, I am happy to see him following this rule. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Rachel wants to be married but it depends on the venue, which still hasn't been decided, and the dress has to be made by a certain designer in New York.   It's hard for me to understand the couples who put so much more importance on wedding details than on actually getting married to the person you love.  I wanted to be married so much, that after I accepted his proposal, he asked, "When?' and I said,  "Thursday?"  There were a few problems so we moved it out to Saturday.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20

Our pre-Cana T-shirts - “A wedding is a day.  A marriage is a lifetime.”  

Four years ago I was involved in a similar accident.  Two cars ahead stopped short and signaled to turn.  Middle car says their lights didn’t work so he stopped too late.  I was following too close and hit him.  Got the same ticket (my first one ☹️).  Luckily everyone was fine.

I am here for Tyler if he needs comforting.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Rachel wants to be married but it depends on the venue, which still hasn't been decided, and the dress has to be made by a certain designer in New York. 

For the record, those quotes were from an older interview she did with US Weekly. Rachel and Bryan's wedding date is set. They didn't share the exact day but it's early next month, hence why her Bachelorette party is happening this weekend. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Rachel wants to be married but it depends on the venue, which still hasn't been decided, and the dress has to be made by a certain designer in New York.   It's hard for me to understand the couples who put so much more importance on wedding details than on actually getting married to the person you love.  I wanted to be married so much, that after I accepted his proposal, he asked, "When?' and I said,  "Thursday?"  There were a few problems so we moved it out to Saturday.

I think some women want a wedding and the status of being married and some women want to find and be with the person they love for the rest of their lives. Sure, you can be both, but I always side eye women who need the "perfect" wedding. Rachel always seemed very into status to me, something about her, can't say what and I could be wrong, so her needing to have the exact right dress etc doesn't surprise me in the least. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Or some people want both - an amazing wedding day and a good marriage. Unless someone's demands become over the top and crazy I don't think wanting the right dress and venue for a wedding is that out there.

In Rachel's case, part of the venue stress she noted was because of their family and friends and accommodating what would work for everyone. Because Bryan has family in Miami and Colombia and she has family in Dallas and Houston. And that's just their immediate family members, not even yet including friends and other loved ones.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Rachel always seemed very into status to me, something about her, can't say what and I could be wrong, so her needing to have the exact right dress etc doesn't surprise me in the least. 

One of the examples of her being into status was when she gave Bryan an expensive watch on one of the Bachelorette dates. I know she didn't pay for it herself, but it seemed really important to her that her man has nice things. I remember after Bryan came back from that date, most of the other guys pretty much resigned themselves that he would be her final pick.

• Love 7
(edited)
17 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

One of the examples of her being into status was when she gave Bryan an expensive watch on one of the Bachelorette dates. I know she didn't pay for it herself, but it seemed really important to her that her man has nice things. I remember after Bryan came back from that date, most of the other guys pretty much resigned themselves that he would be her final pick.

I don't think that proves Rachel is so into status since not only did she not pay for the watch, she didn't plan the date, the producers did. Now yes, her picking Bryan for said date was another indication, like giving him the FIR that he was likely her Final pick.

And it was less her giving him the watch, (since Chris Soules picked Jade for a Cinderella date where she got and kept a diamond necklace and she was Final 4) and more that she got a matching one with his and wore said matching watch during some of her other dates late in the season. Eric even pointed it out. That Bryan getting and wearing his watch was one thing but for Rachel the lead to get a matching one and wear it on other dates was pretty bold on her part. 

Personally, YMMV but I'm not seeing this into status thing about Rachel. I'd say that was someone like Andi who clearly chose Josh in part because yes,  she was attracted to him but also because his brother was on the Pro-NFL path and the Murray family was some big deal in Atlanta where they were both from. And anyone who has paid attention to her post her season knows girlfriend is all about going after rich men with a certain status. 

Rachel actually seems pretty down home and chill. I've always said I think Bachelor Nation projected a lot onto Rachel, something they do for a lot of contestants. She was the smart lawyer with the Federal Judge father on Nick's season and everyone decided she was one thing. And when her real personality which she never really hid came out on her season, she got judged by many as not being who they thought she was. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Loved this post from Joe Reid on this site:

“ABC's The Bachelorette sure has gotten hot and dishy as this season wraps up. The kiss-off for holier-than-thou former frontrunner Luke was irresistible, as was the pile-on during last week's "Men Tell All" special. Now all Hannah has to do is get all all of us rubberneckers to care which of the three sacks of white all-purpose flour she picks to "spend the rest of her life" with.”

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

To be honest , None of these hot people need to go on a tv dating show , so why do they ? Because of the opportunities . Whether he broke up with his girlfriend for the show or not means nothing because no one is signing up for this show because they’re desperately trying to find a soulmate . Can it happen along the way for them ? Of course . A bunch of the couples from the show are still together . But do I believe guys that look like Tyler, Peter , Ben Higgins etc and guys that have great personalities like them while looking that good need to go on the show to find love ? Not at all . So why the fuss every season about being there for the wrong reasons . Every single one of them are . 

• Love 5
On 7/30/2019 at 6:41 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

To be honest , None of these hot people need to go on a tv dating show , so why do they ? Because of the opportunities . Whether he broke up with his girlfriend for the show or not means nothing because no one is signing up for this show because they’re desperately trying to find a soulmate . Can it happen along the way for them ? Of course . A bunch of the couples from the show are still together . But do I believe guys that look like Tyler, Peter , Ben Higgins etc and guys that have great personalities like them while looking that good need to go on the show to find love ? Not at all . So why the fuss every season about being there for the wrong reasons . Every single one of them are . 

Right?? 

I especially don't get the hoopla over "dumping someone to go on the show." If they did indeed break up with them before going on the show (ahem, Jed...), then who cares? People break up all the time over all sorts of things, but at the heart of it, it just means that the relationship wasn't right. So if they go do this dumb show and end up actually hitting it off with the lead, great, but ALL of them have their own reason for doing it besides "falling in love" so who cares? 

Being Tanner was originally on the Bachelorette, I guess I could put this here 

Jade and Tanner had a baby boy. Today. And look at her! Seriously. LOL. I’m very happy for them. A cute family of 4!

https://people.com/parents/jade-roper-tanner-tolbert-welcome-son/

Cute family and I'm happy for them, but it's kinda gross that there's Instagram shilling in the midst of the portion of the article that's about miscarriage. 

As for Peter...shave that shit off your face NOW. There is nothing weirder than a baby-faced man trying to pull off facial hair. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Right?? 

I especially don't get the hoopla over "dumping someone to go on the show." If they did indeed break up with them before going on the show (ahem, Jed...), then who cares? People break up all the time over all sorts of things, but at the heart of it, it just means that the relationship wasn't right. So if they go do this dumb show and end up actually hitting it off with the lead, great, but ALL of them have their own reason for doing it besides "falling in love" so who cares? 

Cute family and I'm happy for them, but it's kinda gross that there's Instagram shilling in the midst of the portion of the article that's about miscarriage. 

As for Peter...shave that shit off your face NOW. There is nothing weirder than a baby-faced man trying to pull off facial hair. 

Except that Jed never actually broke up with his girlfriend to go on the show. He left her with an “I love you, see you soon” basically. Dumping before going on for show (see: Peter) is one thing. Going on with a girlfriend who you’re promising to come right back to is completely different. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Lsk02 said:

Except that Jed never actually broke up with his girlfriend to go on the show. He left her with an “I love you, see you soon” basically. Dumping before going on for show (see: Peter) is one thing. Going on with a girlfriend who you’re promising to come right back to is completely different. 

I know. That's what I just said. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I know. That's what I just said. 

I just do not understand rhis. he left for the show, he and his significant other PLANNED that he would lie and mislead and fool around with this other woman and she was ok with that. now that she feels *she* is the one who was misled, shes pissed. they are both cuplpable and disgusting.

• Love 8

I keep wondering about Jed's girlfriend, too. Just when did she decide he wasn't  just faking interest in Hannah for his "career"?  If he had been telling her the truth and gone home halfway through the show, she would have already ruined the plan for  their fabulous life together as Mr. and Mrs. Country music star.

• Love 2

This makes me wonder, do they get sequestered or anything when they are booted? Or does the show not even care anymore about spoilers? Was the show done filming when the Ex stuff happened? 

It always fascinates me (in a, hmm, but I will forget I was even interested as soon as I see something shiny) when the Exes speak up. I feel like most of them do it just to get their names out there. We live in a world now where you are no one if you don't have X number of followers on whatever social media is "in" right now. Some of them claim they are "saving the bachelorette from a loser" but really? Are they? No, they are getting media attention and money for interviews. 

Which also makes me wonder how much of it is true. Yes, some of them, like this one, have texts or whatever, but are they showing us ALL the texts? Are they telling us the whole story? 

In this case I believe Jed is a self promoting asshole so I don't doubt Ex's story too much, but I also don't think she was doing this because she is so concerned about Hannah, or about any other woman falling prey to the jerk. I think she's trying to get more followers and more attention. 

This show and every single thing surrounding it is just a big attention grab at this point. I really only follow it for the sad social commentary it provides. But then it makes me weep for humanity. These people are our future! YIKES!

• Love 4

I watched some interviews with Hannah and Tyler and whoah.

Tyler has all his life outside the show and it is fun&full. He doesn't focus mainly on his love life and the franchise... He has opinions on other tipics and is not as limited as Hannah  I know that she is promoting the show but she talks only about her "being the strong woman that she is" and keeps on repeating the same scripts we have heard 1000 times in every single interview. She has grown so much bla bla bla. And as for the question what the future holds for her, she answers that she will see, she is now "a strong woman who knows the love she deserves" bla bla bla... 

She has NOTHING to say besides "I hope to be continue to be a strong woman. And independent and I want to have people to support that. I am going to be sharing my story very authentic..ally" (exact quote)and that is her plan for he future. Nothing more, about career, ambitions, ideas how to use her fame to actually do some good/wortwhile. This is so disappointing. I guess being an IG influencer / "media personality" is all she dreams of. No depth, no substance to her.

People seem to be  in awe of her being "well-spoken" and a role model. Really? Are these people teenage girls? She keeps on repeating the same things in every single interview. And when Jimmy Kimmel gives her a chance to come up with a quick answer to an unexpected question, she is short of words. 

Tyler really can do better. He is so much out of her league. And I never believed the theory of "leagues" but the difference between them outside of bachelor bubble is striking! I wish him all the best. 

Edited by Nika
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I keep wondering about Jed's girlfriend, too. Just when did she decide he wasn't  just faking interest in Hannah for his "career"?  If he had been telling her the truth and gone home halfway through the show, she would have already ruined the plan for  their fabulous life together as Mr. and Mrs. Country music star.

12 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

This makes me wonder, do they get sequestered or anything when they are booted? Or does the show not even care anymore about spoilers? Was the show done filming when the Ex stuff happened? 

No, contestants are not sequestered after they are booted. It's how some spoiler sites figure out when certain contestants are eliminated because they all can't help themselves and head back to social media. They try to be subtle by staying private but people can still tell if they start following people or there's some activity on the accounts. 

Regarding Jed and his ex, according to her, he made it clear that he didn't see the show as real in terms of anyone actually falling in love. And so he would use it as a platform and self eliminate at Final 5 or something. The ex claims she didn't know how long the whole thing would take, which unless you follow this show and spoilers closely, is believable. 

Point is, he came back home and didn't call her and she in fact didn't even know he was back until mutual friends mentioned that he was. And so she tried calling and getting in touch with him to see what was going on and he ignored her. And essentially at that point just ghosted her. So she didn't know that he was engaged per se. She just knew he left for the show saying he loved her and he'd be back soon and then came back and just ignored her. 

As to the motivation of the women who come forward about these things, I don't doubt for a second that many of them are looking for their own attention and press too. That said, I say the same thing every time these situations happened. I don't care if they're an asshole too, they're not the ones who came onto the show.

It was like when Peter Krause's ex exposed his fuckery and everyone harped on the exchange someone found between her and a friend where she said she didn't worry about his going on the show for his brand because she knew he'd never actually fall for Rachel because she was black.

Asshole and shitty on her part, absolutely. And by all accounts, even based on what she told Reality Steve, her and Peter's relationship was a giant ball of toxicity on both their parts. But again, she wasn't the one who came onto the show, Peter did. And it's the same with Jed. I don't care about his ex's motivation for telling her story. I just cared whether or not it was true and it was. So yeah she's likely a fame chasing asshole but clearly so was Jed. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

"So yeah she's likely a fame chasing asshole but clearly so was Jed." Which is why I'm so surprised it played out this way. They are perfect for each other! hahaha Thanks for the intel. I didn't know some of those details. Like that he came home and didn't contact her. That makes a huge difference. I think they are both not great people, but he is the bigger dick of the two. Still think they should get back together. They can do a shitty reality show on CMT about him trying to build his country music career or something.

• Love 5

Haley has said she followed spoiler accounts and that’s how she started to figure out something was wrong.

Hannah has stated that she is not interested in being an IG influencer, which, honestly, I don’t get.

I also think they were naive to think the paps weren’t going to catch them. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

No, contestants are not sequestered after they are booted. It's how some spoiler sites figure out when certain contestants are eliminated because they all can't help themselves and head back to social media. They try to be subtle by staying private but people can still tell if they start following people or there's some activity on the accounts. 

Regarding Jed and his ex, according to her, he made it clear that he didn't see the show as real in terms of anyone actually falling in love. And so he would use it as a platform and self eliminate at Final 5 or something. The ex claims she didn't know how long the whole thing would take, which unless you follow this show and spoilers closely, is believable. 

Point is, he came back home and didn't call her and she in fact didn't even know he was back until mutual friends mentioned that he was. And so she tried calling and getting in touch with him to see what was going on and he ignored her. And essentially at that point just ghosted her. So she didn't know that he was engaged per se. She just knew he left for the show saying he loved her and he'd be back soon and then came back and just ignored her. 

As to the motivation of the women who come forward about these things, I don't doubt for a second that many of them are looking for their own attention and press too. That said, I say the same thing every time these situations happened. I don't care if they're an asshole too, they're not the ones who came onto the show.

In this case, I believe it was mostly a case of the ex wanting to fuck Jed over as bad as he fucked her over. Which, honestly, I can't really blame her for. That was a colossal dick move that he pulled (on both her and Hannah), so he deserved what he got. 

It's a rare thing for a person who was screwed over by someone in such a big way to be able to exact revenge in a big way (and probably make some decent cash from selling the story), so I don't really judge her for it.

I can also understand why she let him go, (erroneously) believing that it was for a potential career boost. It's no secret that the show has a terrible track record for producing actual couples and most of the "success stories" are really in the reality tv fame, podcasting, Instagram shilling space. I also have to imagine that she'd heard his off-key caterwauling on more than one occasion and realized that an actual singing show wasn't going to be his path to visibility, lol. She just didn't realize he was going to ditch her along the way.

All he really had to do was to own up both to the ex AND to Hannah and he would have avoided all of this. But I don't think he was ever really into either relationship and thought he could somehow leverage the engagement into a music career. Perhaps the Taylor Swift "breakup song" routine? 

In the end, he basically shot himself in the foot. Not only did he get his name out in the worst way, the show went out of their way to showcase his singing in the most cringe-y way, especially in the end. 

• Love 8
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:11 PM, valen said:

Haley has said she followed spoiler accounts and that’s how she started to figure out something was wrong.

Hannah has stated that she is not interested in being an IG influencer, which, honestly, I don’t get.

I also think they were naive to think the paps weren’t going to catch them. 

She most likely called them. Whether Tyler knew is debatable.

And didn't she move to LA? Why did she say she doesn't want to be an influencer? What else does she want to do in LA?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kerri Johnson said:

And didn't she move to LA? Why did she say she doesn't want to be an influencer? What else does she want to do in LA?

Be in broadcasting? I don't think she wants to be an influencer, I think she wants to be a TV host. Those aren't actually the same things. She's old school lol. Though smart. Broadcasting will outlast influencing, which is basically just shilling crap on social media. 

• Love 2

Hannah is so strong and independent that she apparently started rekindling things with Tyler within days of her split with Jed. According to the people that obsessively stalk SM and music playlists, Tyler & Hannah seemed to be in contact as early as the end of June. I find it bizarre that Tyler's family is so excited about this pairing.

The insistence by the show, media, and Hannah that she's so strong is beyond annoying and certainly isn't going to help Hannah actually become a strong, independent  woman.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Meanwhile, JoJo Fletcher and Jordan Rodgers now have their own house-flipping show on CNBC, Cash Pad:

Former stars of “The Bachelorette” and serious house flippers, JoJo Fletcher and Jordan Rodgers, partner with homeowners hoping to turn their properties into ideal short-term rentals. JoJo and Jordan will transform these ordinary spaces with unrealized potential into profitable vacation-rental hot spots.

https://www.cnbc.com/cash-pad/

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Meanwhile, JoJo Fletcher and Jordan Rodgers now have their own house-flipping show on CNBC, Cash Pad:

Naturally, since both have so much experience in real estate, construction and refinishing/rebuilding houses.

6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm seeing articles about how Hannah is changing the Bachelorette franchise with her strong independent woman thing.   I suspect these articles are written by people who never actually saw the show until the finale.

I suspect these articles are written by people who are told to write those things so readers might actually believe this show really did have a lead who was/is those things. It's all smoke and mirrors. Each season has to be more dramatic and "It's never happened before!" than the last. Hannah's season sucked IMO, Luke was manipulated by production, Hannah's wishes to send him home were ignored by production, everything was scripted to make it The Most Dramatic Season EVAH. Hannah is anything but strong and independent (and never will be IMO), but we are being told she is. If she actually goes on to get her Hollywood job, there's more publicity for Fleiss and his franchise. It's Hannah doing her "growing."

I'm also positive the show knew about the exes back home, too, and that includes Jed's gal. If we can find it, they found it first. It made for an ending we'd never seen before, right? Happily ever after isn't good for ratings.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Naturally, since both have so much experience in real estate, construction and refinishing/rebuilding houses.

JoJo's job title on Ben's and her own season was "real estate investor", so she does have some familiarity with the industry. I doubt she or Jordan are doing any of the manual labor themselves, they probably just pick the finishes and then have contractors do the rest.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

JoJo's job title on Ben's and her own season was "real estate investor", so she does have some familiarity with the industry.

I watched one of the Cash Pad shows because I was interested in seeing a shipping container become a little apartment.  It was mentioned that she has several "long-term rentals" of her own.  I think her family is in real estate development, so I agree that she has "familiarity," and (probably success.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm seeing articles about how Hannah is changing the Bachelorette franchise with her strong independent woman thing.

(Whining)...But Tinkerbell, didn't she prove how strong and independent she was by saying "fuck" innumerable times during her season? There's also that bird-flipping!  

I'm going to have to Venn diagram those occasions AND her crying episodes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I watched one of the Cash Pad shows because I was interested in seeing a shipping container become a little apartment.  It was mentioned that she has several "long-term rentals" of her own.  I think her family is in real estate development, so I agree that she has "familiarity," and (probably success.

Her family is not in real estate, but they're very wealthy. Her parents are both physicians, one of her older brothers is the CEO of a hospital, and her other brother got married on Richard Branson's private island (which you can only do if you've been invited by Branson himself). My understanding of her real estate investment activities is that her parents set her up with enough cash to purchase a bunch of rental properties and she manages them and lives off the rental income (and Instagram shilling post-Bachelor).

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

JoJo's job title on Ben's and her own season was "real estate investor", so she does have some familiarity with the industry.

LOL at me. I'm so used to these people not having jobs other than SM Influencer or Chicken Lover so I assumed JoJo didn't have one either. I always figured Jordan wanted to be a sportscaster and JoJo was along for the ride. Go figure!

17 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Her family is not in real estate, but they're very wealthy.

Wow. Who knew. Well, Chocolatine did, and now so do I. I have to say, I'm ... amazed! Thanks for the info.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

LOL at me. I'm so used to these people not having jobs other than SM Influencer or Chicken Lover so I assumed JoJo didn't have one either.

Well, almost anyone can be an "investor" if given enough cash by mommy and daddy. I'm not saying JoJo isn't smart and savvy - I've read somewhere recently that she's one of the highest-paid "influencers" from the "Bachelor Family" - but she's also had a very privileged life and didn't attain her status completely on her own merits.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I watched both episodes and they seem fairly informative on the overall process, and I do like that they put in some work to save money.  

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, alexa said:

I watched both episodes and they seem fairly informative on the overall process, and I do like that they put in some work to save money.  

I think the "investments" on their and the owners' parts--and the income "guaranteed" is too good to be true.  Hope we won't be reading about "reality stars arrested for bait-and-switch scam."

2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

but she's also had a very privileged life and didn't attain her status completely on her own merits.

And ain't that the Amurican way!

• Love 2