Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, b2H said:

Well, they sorta did.  Anyone remember the church scene from last night's episode?  Where Luke had knelt in prayer in that sanctuary?  That's probably about as much as we'll get, but it's something.

Not to mention that he saw God in the mirror...err i mean in the shower.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

OMG, WHAT A SHOCK!!! Jed is only 25!

Seriously, that sucks. These contestants have to know that skeletons do not stay in closets any more!! She could have had a 2 for 1, the night she kicked Scott to the curb!

7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Maybe I'm just old, but if I were going to provide a photo to People magazine, I wouldn't choose one where my bathing suit bottom is gapping like that.

LOL, that was my first thought when I saw that picture!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, nutty1 said:

LOL, that was my first thought when I saw that picture!

My first thought was that Hannah probably cares more about the girl wearing an Auburn hat than Jed having a girlfriend. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

Tyler C is all kinds of adorable:

Very cute! Thanks for posting. The YouTube video posted says this: :

Matt James

Published on Jun 17, 2019

Subscribe 8

We are proud to present the first episode of Young Explorers where we have different guest host the tour. On the first episode we have Tyler Cameron, one of our founding members.

Perhaps one of our more savvy members here can find out about this "Young Explorers" organization, of which Tyler is a founding member. I Googled but came up empty.  There is a link to Young Explorers which says "promotes summer camps to introduce Science, Technology, Engineering and Math in fun and interactive ways" but I'm not sure that is it.

• Love 2

It looks like the group is called ABC Food tours:

https://abcfoodtours.com/about/

From their website:

”Late one night when Matt was leaving his favorite Lower East Side eatery, he encountered a group of young kid’s clustered on the corner of 6th Street and Avenue C. After being teased in passing about how ashy his ankles were, he paused and engaged the party. He learned that they attended a local elementary school and lived in the neighborhood. After sharing a few more laughs, Matt parted ways with the young boys with an idea. In reaching out to their elementary school, a meeting was set with the Principal of P.S. 188 – Mrs. Ramos. Mrs. Ramos explained to him that over 50% of the students at her school were homeless. That along with numerous other hardships gave Matt an idea, ABC Food Tours.

The initial goal was to find a creative way to engage kids in underserved communities. We started out taking groups of students to our favorite restaurants in lower Manhattan. As former athletes, we saw the importance of introducing not only physical but mental wellness components into our tours. One year later; we now service all of District 1, include a fitness component in every tour, and have plans of expanding into Brooklyn, surrounding neighborhoods in Manhattan and select cities across the country.”

• Love 7

Aha, thanks, Crs97. I did see something about ABC Food Tours but not that link. I was just wondering where the "Young Explorers" part came into play. But kudos to Mr. James and for Tyler and his participation as well!

• Love 1
On 7/10/2019 at 7:19 PM, chocolatine said:

I'm not surprised, he seems like a misogynist and an all-around shitty human being. Beauty queen must not be very bright if it took her five years to figure that out. 

Hopefully, the beauty queen was smart enough to get a good pre-nup and she's living on Easy Street now, minus that shit-head of an ex.

• Love 2
(edited)

While we’re all hating on Jed, apparently Peter is worse!

Peter's Ex Claims He Dumped & Betrayed Her To Go On 'The Bachelorette'
You ready for some piping hot tea? Get a load of this. The Bachelorette's Peter Weber's ex Calee Lutes claims he betrayed her to go on the show. Elite Daily reached out to Weber for comment, but did not hear back by the time of publication. During…

Read in Elite Daily: https://apple.news/A2hDPQT3ASCmuZ4Z5efU6GQ

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 3

All Tyler had to do was keep his head down and stay out of it. Why is he getting involved now? Kicking a guy when he is already being kicked by everyone else is not a good look. 

It will never cease to amaze me how quickly social media can allow someone to destroy their own reputation. Tyler is coming very close to ruining all the good will he spent the season building. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Is Luke really being kicked by everyone though? Because from my understanding (I myself avoid most of these people's social media pages so this is what I've read elsewhere), Hannah is getting destroyed on her Instagram in the comments under her last post. Many "Christians" are out with their pitchforks towards her. 

And I glanced at the comments on Twitter under her exchange with Luke and again, there is A LOT of slut shaming comments and bible verses being thrown at her and religious quotes, that essentially all amount to she's not the right type of Christian. 

I saw Tyler's tweet, and unless there was another one, all he said was that "who thinks Luke will be following O.J. on Twitter soon". Yeah it seems in awful taste just because we know the ugly history attached to O.J. But let's not forget a big part of why most suspected O.J. of the crime is because of his years of being an abusive piece of shit. 

Yes, thus far we have no proof of Luke ever physically abusing someone. But dude exhibits some very troubling and concerning red flags. Like please keep in mind he created a Twitter account last night,  just to tweet to Hannah about her laughing at her sins and thus still lecturing her on not being the right type of Christian. Even ending the back and forth with she knows how to contact him if she wants to discuss it further. Like say what?

So yeah maybe the comment wasn't in the best taste and with so many more eyes on him right now, probably best to pull back on the posting because everything is going to be over-analyzed and judged. However, on the scale of dumb things people tweet, this barely ranks on a two for me. YMMV

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8

I still can’t believe, or maybe I can, that Luke created a Twitter account just to rag on Hannah some more.    Dude can never just walk away.   He has to get the last word\justify himself, even if it means lying or gaslighting.    If he was a true Christian, he’d turn the other cheek and walk away.  

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I saw Tyler's tweet, and unless there was another one, all he said was that "who thinks Luke will be following O.J. on Twitter soon". 

The whole "following OJ on twitter"  is a twitter joke.  Apparently OJ recently - like weeks ago - opened a twitter account, and has been posting weird stuff, and talking about "getting even"  with people who wronged him, it seems he joined twitter JUST to go after someone.  OJ is being mocked on twitter for posting videos of himself talking, and nobody wants to hear what he has to say.   It's pathetic and strange, and I think Tyler was making the comparison, because Luke also just joined twitter to have an argument with Hannah that nobody wants to have to read. 

So - I don't think the comparison was that Luke=OJ=abuser.   It was more Luke=OJ=just joined twitter in order to carry on an argument.  Tyler is saying that, like OJ, Luke is a pathetic loser that nobody takes seriously. at least, that's how I read it. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 6
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

So - I don't think the comparison was that Luke=OJ=abuser.   It was more Luke=OJ=just joined twitter in order to carry on an argument.  Tyler is saying that, like OJ, Luke is a pathetic loser that nobody takes seriously. at least, that's how I read it. 

Thank you. I didn't realize that. I am not on twitter so when I think OJ I think abuser who got away with murder. What is sad is, I didn't, for one second, hesitate and thing "oh, that couldn't possibly be what he meant". But I am glad you explained. It is far less distasteful to make fun of Luke for starting an account just to keep arguing than because he is potentially an abusive asshole. 

• Love 4

That article, which had Chris Harrison praising Hannah like the she was new Gloria Steinem, and calling her a great role model for his daughter, had Hannah saying this:

“Time and time again, Jesus loved and ate with ‘sinners’ who laughed. And time and time again, he rebuked ‘saints’ that judged. Where do you fall Luke?”

And everybody keeps calling Luke judgmental.  Hannah continuously passes judgement on Luke for everything from "pridefulness" to psychopath and now this.

I know Jesus ate with sinners, not too sure about "time and time again," and there's no record of him laughing. I thought it was to teach the sinners the true way, not to join in the sinning. Hannah seems to have a different Bible translation than the rest of us featuring  the new revised Frat-boy Jesus.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm pretty sure that quote was her tweet in response to Luke's tweet essentially telling her how sin is inevitable but the difference is he,  Luke weeps for his sins while she, Hannah laughs at hers. A tweet he made after creating an account THAT night to tweet at her (yes I'll keep mentioning this because dude's a weirdo).

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

According to Reality Steve...    I have no words!

One other thing that was hit on during the “Men Tell All” taping on Friday was this seemingly traveling road show the franchise is gonna do now. Details are a little vague on this, but they announced something called like “Bachelor on Stage,” and it’ll be hosted by Ben Higgins. Again, they introduced it at the MTA but never went into too much detail. I’m sure we’ll hear more next week. But from my understanding, it’s like a traveling road show where people will be able to buy tickets to these events in different cities, and get their own “Bachelor experience.” Like, come up on stage and possibly get a chance to find love with other audience members. Basically giving fans a chance to be part of the “Bachelor/ette” experience without being cast for the show. This isn’t something that’ll be televised. 

Edited by DEL901

What the hell happened on Ben Higgins season that they are using for blackmail?  It's like he sold his soul to the Bachelor Devil and has to do everything they ask him to do.  

• LOL 6
(edited)

That picture of old Jed looks like my childhood soccer coach. I can’t unsee that! 

Bachelor on Stage... will I get to dance with someone on a tiny pedestal? If so I’m soooo there!

Seriously though. WHY? 

Here to make friends podcast made a great point this week:  now that there are so many hot young people dating shows,  the bachelor/ette should focus on not being another. Pick slightly older or more mature leads who are actually serious. It doesn’t need to compete. 

Edited by Refresh
Podium/pedestal diff things
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Refresh said:

That picture of old Jed looks like my childhood soccer coach. I can’t unsee that! 

Bachelor on Stage... will I get to dance with someone on a tiny pedestal? If so I’m soooo there!

Seriously though. WHY? 

Here to make friends podcast made a great point this week:  now that there are so many hot young people dating shows,  the bachelor/ette should focus on not being another. Pick slightly older or more mature leads who are actually serious. It doesn’t need to compete. 

I’ve heard a lot of people say this. I too would be more entertained by watching people in their late 20’s and up. We all know Hannah will be just fine if this doesn’t work out. When people who do want to get married get to a certain age, they do take dating a lot more seriously. There aren’t a ton of attractive people who are older and still single though. This franchise has always only had young people who are in perfect shape, right? I guess they make think, if it ain’t broke, why fix it. A lot of people tune in for eye candy. Women love seeing people who look like Tyler, not dad bod, generally speaking anyway. 

For anyone who does prefer watching older people specifically, Married at First Sight isn’t a bad show. It’s less focused on hot young people making out and more serious. I think the network that’s on also has 90 Day Fiancé and maybe other shows. There are so many dating and marriage shows, it’s hard to keep them all straight 

• Love 1

Mike (Luke's brother) explained that Luke, 24, watched Brown, also 24, compete on Colton Underwood’s season of The Bachelor earlier this year, and her Christian faith “made an impression on him.” Mike’s wife, Hannah Parker, sent in an application for the ABC reality dating series on her brother-in-law’s behalf, and Luke ended up making the final cut of 33 suitors. However, now the family is not happy with how the show portrayed Luke.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelorette-luke-p-s-bro-claims-abc-manipulated-conversations/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

It is horrible that his family and he are getting death threats.  That is truly awful.

I hate the “bad edit” excuse.  In what possible context would his standing over Garrett screaming that no one would get in the way of Hannah and him be excusable?  And how in the world could he feel ambushed in the MTA?  He was involved in all the scenes we watched.  Does he have short memory loss?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I heard on Ryan Seacrest's radio show this morning that Demi Lovato has been crushing on Mike Johnson, and they are tweeting each other about it. How crazy is that? I'm guessing she might change her mind after seeing him on BIP (because we all do), plus BIP might also can his prospects as TB. But who knows.

• Love 1
On 7/19/2019 at 4:26 PM, Crs97 said:

It is horrible that his family and he are getting death threats.  That is truly awful.

There are the crazies, but there are also those immature jerks who think it's funny to threaten people.  These days there are many ways to trace the threats and every. one. of. them. should be traced and at least arrested.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:26 PM, Crs97 said:

Does he have short memory loss?

Some kids start out lying (often self-preservation) so young...and getting away with it that they expect every line they utter to be believed.  I was married to someone like that for 20yrs.  Good looking, smart, educated, successful.  I have NO IDEA what his parents did to him (and his sister).  A lot of stuff did eventually catch up with him, but he was retirement age by then (and long gone from the kids and me).

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, toomuchtv47 said:

Tyler Car Crash

Just saw this. Tyler was in a car accident where he was found at fault.  Check out the cop's body cam footage.

Isn't that an incident from 2014?  You had me worried it was going to be either another Chris Soules drama or that Tyler was seriously hurt.

You just wanted us to see his abs.

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, deSchenke said:

Isn't that an incident from 2014?  You had me worried it was going to be either another Chris Soules drama or that Tyler was seriously hurt.

You just wanted us to see his abs.

My apologies!! I should have read it more thoroughly. I saw the abs and forgot how to read. But seriously, THAT'S how he rolls up to an accident?? Makes me wish I drove.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, deSchenke said:

Isn't that an incident from 2014?

The accident was this May in Jupiter, Fla. His 2004 Excursion ran into the back of a 2014 Ford pickup. Tyler was cited for careless driving and is due in court next month. No one was hurt, so Soules remains No. 1 on the list of Bachelor Nation murderers.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

The accident was this May in Jupiter, Fla. His 2004 Excursion ran into the back of a 2014 Ford pickup. Tyler was cited for careless driving and is due in court next month. No one was hurt, so Soules remains No. 1 on the list of Bachelor Nation murderers.

Saber, you are right. I misread.   I was more worried about Tyler possibly being disfigured or a murderer.  It was a fender-bender, Tyler looked hot.  I imagine Florida is hot this time of year, so open shirts are perfectly acceptable. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

I imagine Florida is hot this time of year, so open shirts are perfectly acceptable. 

For some people open shirts are perfectly acceptable year 'round, in Florida and in Siberia.

Easy error, 2014 truck. I can understand you being slightly ... ahem ... distracted.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1