Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I think JJ was the one who had a daughter, lived in his parent's basement & confessed to cheating on his wife when she was pregnant.  He was pretty crude, I seem to remember.

You are correct! I looked him up on IG after I heard that he got engaged and it was so tacky.  He obviously is getting paid to advertise for the ring company.  I know that’s how they make their money but it just read so insincere.

She is also only 25 and he’s 36.  I know age doesn’t matter but I find it icky here.  But then I really dislike him so that colors my perception.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LBS said:

She is also only 25 and he’s 36.  I know age doesn’t matter but I find it icky here.  But then I really dislike him so that colors my perception.

I don't find it icky per se, but I always feel sorry for the young women who think they're going to change a loser like JJ, or he's going to "want to be a better man" for them. Women closer to JJ's own age know better than that.

ETA: Arie and Lauren were also 36 and 25, respectively, when they got engaged.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4

@chocolatine agreed with that.  I think that is what icks me out.  She won’t change him.  

Also interesting Elan Gale (former producer) and his girlfriend Molly Quinn are 10 years apart.  He’s 35 and she’s 25.  

• Love 2

I saw a Google story that khloe Kardashian is in talks to be the next bachelorette. 

I dont know or care  which one she is. BUT since some of the current women on the Bachelor  seem to have there sights on the bachelorette prize, instead of the final rose, this news makes me laugh.

• LOL 2
21 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I saw a Google story that khloe Kardashian is in talks to be the next bachelorette. 

I dont know or care  which one she is. BUT since some of the current women on the Bachelor  seem to have there sights on the bachelorette prize, instead of the final rose, this news makes me laugh.

At first of all, I disagree with the talks of Khloe being the next Bachelorette. Since she is Kardashian that has more fame being a celebrity.

Let's stick it with Colton's girls to be the next Bachelorette.

At one point, BOYCOTT ABC AND SCREW CHRIS HARRISON AND MIKE FLEISS.

Update: those Mike Fleiss' tweets are fake and dull that causes trolling to obscene behavior and offended language.

Ignore Fleiss' tweets and back to Colton's girls.

Edited by ApprenticeFan

I've changed my mind about wanting Tayshia as the next Bachelorette. The way she presented hearsay and assumptions as facts to Colton really bothered me. It's the height of hypocrisy to fault Cassie and Caelynn for thinking about being the Bachelorette when she wants the exact same thing.

I'd rather have any of the 23-year-olds from Conton's season than Khloe Kardashian. Khloe is incredibly crass and trashy, 80% of what she says will have to be bleeped, and she only dates/marries/gets knocked up by black basketball players, so there would be no suspense, unless all the suitors are black basketball players.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I saw a story that years and years ago, Ivanka Trump was approached about being a bachelorette. At least that's what *she* says.

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Wait.   So Fleiss says that Khloe is in talks to be the B'ette, Kim denies it, Khloe  denies it, and Fleiss says it's all confidential anyway, so of course Khloe can't confirm.   AND - he has to clear it with Kris Jenner first?   

First - why in the world does an adult's participation have to be cleared with their parent?

Second - he can't tweet about something and then say it's confidential! 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Wait.   So Fleiss says that Khloe is in talks to be the B'ette, Kim denies it, Khloe  denies it, and Fleiss says it's all confidential anyway, so of course Khloe can't confirm.   AND - he has to clear it with Kris Jenner first?   

First - why in the world does an adult's participation have to be cleared with their parent?

Second - he can't tweet about something and then say it's confidential! 

Kris is the "momager" so she negotiates all of her children's business deals. The worst part for me is not Fleiss's lying though, it's when he gets all butt-hurt and says Khloe doesn't have a sense of humor and that he "sincerely offered [his] assistance".  I hate that he's making me defend a Kardashian, but he just tried to get free publicity off of someone else's troubles and turned really nasty when he got called on it. What a loser.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5
On 2/25/2019 at 7:31 AM, chocolatine said:

Kris is the "momager" so she negotiates all of her children's business deals. The worst part for me is not Fleiss's lying though, it's when he gets all butt-hurt and says Khloe doesn't have a sense of humor and that he "sincerely offered [his] assistance".  I hate that he's making me defend a Kardashian, but he just tried to get free publicity off of someone else's troubles and turned really nasty when he got called on it. What a loser.

Mike Fleiss is an idiot that made internet trolls with the fake Kardashian rumors. Even ABC and Warner Horizon denied to give the comment. The real Bachelorette could be Hannah B or Caelynn from Colton's season of The Bachelor that. Just my opinion that one of them will take the lead role for season 15.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1
On 4/9/2019 at 10:27 AM, TomGirl said:

I’m not really thrilled with Hannah B as bachelorette, but I must say, that’s a pretty nice promo!

I agree on the promo. I was Team Caelynn for most of the season, partly because of the edit and partly because she's so ridiculously beautiful, but I did think there was something real about Hannah's "I can be cute and sexy and fun sometimes, but not all the time" conversation, so I'm interested to see how this goes.

• Love 3
(edited)

I just read an article in US Weekly online which stated that only 16 of the 18 Bachelorettes showed for the "Bachelorettes Reunion" airing on May 6.  My money is on Jen Schefft as one of the no shows.  Can't think who the other might be.  I agree with the posters upthread that said they treated Kaitlin like crap.  However, she is thirsty and would go to the opening of an envelope, so I don't believe it's her.  Any guesses?

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 1

Jen  Schefft interview with Reality Steve

http://realitysteve.com/2019/05/09/the-bachelorette-hannah-spoilers-podcast-129-jen-schefft-waterman-spoiler-talk/

• Love 1

She does seem like a genuine, level headed girl.  On the other hand, when she talks about her relationship with Colton, she makes it sound like hard work.   Heh.

I know I'd much rather have Hannah G as Bachelorette.  At least when she smiles she doesn't look like she's fifteen seconds away from picking up an ax and going all Lizzie Borden on someone.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2019 at 4:14 PM, JudyObscure said:

She does seem like a genuine, level headed girl.  On the other hand, when she talks about her relationship with Colton, she makes it sound like hard work.   Heh.

I know I'd much rather have Hannah G as Bachelorette.  At least when she smiles she doesn't look like she's fifteen seconds away from picking up an ax and going all Lizzie Borden on someone.

Yes, when Hannah B. smiles I get serial killer vibes lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yes, when Hannah B. smiles I get serial killer vibes lol.

Now that would be the MOST!SHOCKING!SEASON!EVER! If she just flips out and kills them all. It would make the rose ceremony about a thousand times more interesting. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I love that promo, but the song is all about a woman breaking away from a controlling man and I can't see how it applies to Hannah whose journey seems to be from -- woman who likes competing with other women in beauty contests, to woman who likes  competing against other women for one doofy Colton-child, to woman who loves being the center of attention.

Well, anyway she says, "I feel really proud of myself!"  So there's that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, JudyObscure said:

Here's Hannah's big moment.  She's shocked, shocked, I tell you!  Who would have ever guessed when it was down to two girls that she might win?!  

For some reason, I imagine Hannah had that exact same reaction when she got word she was the new Bachelorette.

• LOL 2

If I ever meet a guy somewhere, and he's hot, and I think I could date this guy, and I introduce myself and he says "Hi, I'm Garrett" I am RUNNING in the other direction. lol 

Sorry to all you other non-assholey Garrett's out there. Two seasons of Bachelorette have given you all a bad name. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Pretty long (and PR heavy) but still IMO an informative article on the rise/evolution of the social media influencer in the franchise and how some former contestants are able to make careers out of that:

I know everyone is not a fan of the Instagram shilling but it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere for the time being. They do note that fans will reject someone who seems too inauthentic and transparent in trying to launch themselves as a "brand", citing Whaboom as an example.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just listened to Ben and Ashley's Almost Famous podcast with Hannah, from 5/25/19.  It was interesting. Not sure what I think. Part of me really likes her for her honesty. She seems to have had a lot of "angst" for someone so young, who has apparently had a seemingly good life. I get the feeling she wasn't the easiest lead to deal with. To be honest....I liked her a little less after listening.

When asked a question she didn't expect (about Caelynn), she floundered. Makes me think most of her answers are practiced.

It's pretty interesting, if you get the time to listen.

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Dejana said:

Pretty long (and PR heavy) but still IMO an informative article on the rise/evolution of the social media influencer in the franchise and how some former contestants are able to make careers out of that:

I know everyone is not a fan of the Instagram shilling but it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere for the time being. They do note that fans will reject someone who seems too inauthentic and transparent in trying to launch themselves as a "brand", citing Whaboom as an example.

Ha, I love that I'd already completely forgotten Whaboom, when he tried so damn hard to make himself memorable. I'm also blanking on his sworn enemy from that season, who was also a major cheeseball. I wonder if these people do their schtick during casting or if they wait until they make it on to start hamming it up. If the casting people see some of these lame personas and really think the audience will connect with them, they're in the wrong field. 

• Love 2

This makes it harder and harder to believe any contestant is on the show for The Right Reason. Well, except the Right Reason seems to be to become a SM "influencer" or a D-list celeb. Haven't a couple ettes had "influencer" as their occupation lately? Every day I hear Ashley I plugging her lip plumper medicine on the radio, the one that has a zillion side effects and, oh yeah, might give you the fish lips you bought the stuff for.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2019 at 8:42 PM, saber5055 said:

This makes it harder and harder to believe any contestant is on the show for The Right Reason. Well, except the Right Reason seems to be to become a SM "influencer"

JoJo and Jordan are going to be hosting a new show called "Cash Pad" on CNBC.  They will be on a panel about it in Denver on June 22:

https://seriesfest.com/pilots/home-weet-home-why-property-programming-is-tv-s-cash-pad

Their bios include "Since her time on the iconic series, JoJo has proven to be a social media darling. An influencer in every sense of the word," and "In addition to a growing television career, Jordan has a distinguished social media presence, which led to several digital influencer partnerships over the last few years."

I hate the word "influencer."

• Love 7

That was actually really interesting. I was prepared to dismiss what CH said as "well of course he's going to say they aren't forcing her to keep him, he IS production" but what he said actually makes sense. Too bad they didn't think it was useful to actually SHOW us these deep talks about religion that are binding Hannah to Luke and seem to be the main reason he's still there. 

The Luke story line would make a whole lot more sense if production wasn't hiding it. Show us this religious connection. Show us that, though Luke is an asshole, he is a religious asshole and Hannah can't quite move on from that first bit because religion is probably one of her top priorities in a husband. That makes sense. It makes her inner torment make sense. She sees this incredibly religious side of him which is exactly what she wants in a husband but unfortunately it is buried deep in a narcissistic asshole. 

I say FU to Chris being all "oh, we're sick of him too" because he and his production team could have written a different story, the real story, that Hannah is struggling because Luke's believes make him perfect for her but she just doesn't like him. That would be an interesting story. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That was actually really interesting. I was prepared to dismiss what CH said as "well of course he's going to say they aren't forcing her to keep him, he IS production" but what he said actually makes sense. Too bad they didn't think it was useful to actually SHOW us these deep talks about religion that are binding Hannah to Luke and seem to be the main reason he's still there. 

Yeah, wouldn't it be interesting if the show were about getting to know all these guys, instead of showing us Hannah MAKING OUT with them?

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Show us that, though Luke is an asshole, he is a religious asshole and Hannah can't quite move on from that first bit because religion is probably one of her top priorities in a husband.

Well, they sorta did.  Anyone remember the church scene from last night's episode?  Where Luke had knelt in prayer in that sanctuary?  That's probably about as much as we'll get, but it's something.

• Love 1